The next sound Felicia heard was the squeal of her alarm clock, letting her know that it was time to get up and go to her secret life. Quickly Felicia took a shower, gathered up her things and left the house quietly so as not to disturb Brianna. Just as she got into her car her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“I couldn’t stop thinking about you” JC’s voice said as it flooded into her ears.

Felicia’s heart started pounding with guilt at the sound of his voice.

“I bet you say that to all the ladies” Felicia said laughing nervously as she started up her car.

“Nope only to hot, sexy dancers” JC said laughing along with her.

“Really now?”

“Yup.”

“So what’s up?” Felicia asked as she looked at her watch and hit the accelerator realizing that she only had five minutes left to get to work.

"Not much, you?"

“Nothing” Felicia mumbled, distracted by her haste to get to work.

“Free tomorrow? JC asked.

“Can I get back to you on that?” Felicia said as she pulled into the parking lot.

“Yeah, is everything ok?”

“Yeah, but if I don’t get off of this phone with you I am gonna be late to work and I can so not afford to get fired, ya catch my drift?”

“Got it, well I will let you go and I will be waiting for your call. Bye Fe” JC said as he hung up.

“Bye” Felicia as she ran into the dressing room.

“Well look who decided to show up” Geri her boss said sarcastically.

“Oh shut up will you! I am a fucking minute late; I don’t think the natives are that restless” Felicia said hotly as she plopped down in her chair and began to apply her stage make-up.

“Well, excuse me Ms. Diva, I didn’t know that we are all so lucky to have you show up tonight, next time I will just call you and see if you would LIKE to work, instead of DOING so, now one more late and your fired GOT IT?”

“Yeah, whatever.”

“Look here missy, one more fucking piece of lip from you and you are out on your pretty little ass, understood? Now be out on that stage in fifteen minutes or get the hell out!” Geri said as she stomped out of the dressing room into the smokey atmosphere of Club Pink.

“Bite me” Felicia said as she finished her make up and proceeded to get dressed.

“Girl, you are too much!” Ceil exclaimed from the other make-up chair.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Felicia snidely asked.

“Look, Fe I don’t know if you need to get laid or what, but you need to know your fucking role girl. You are no diva and certainly ain’t nobody worth caring about around here. So you either get it in together or get out, cause honey we don’t need your uppity ass types up in here,” Ceil vehemently said as she got up and stormed out of the dressing room.

“Hey Fe, what’s up!” A familiar voice behind her said.

“Bri? What the hell are you doing here? I thought you had the night off?”

“Nope, got called in, but it’s all good, cause rumor has it that a certain friend of mine may need me right now. Is that true?”

“I don’t know” Felicia said as she looked down at her feet.

“You were just fine at home and now you turn into cat woman all of a sudden,” Brianna said with a bemused look on her face.

“You saw all that huh?”

“Sure did, now tell me what is wrong?”

“JC called me on my way to work and I just feel so damn guilty for lying to him.”

“Trust me I know all about it, but Fe if you are really serious about him or are thinking about it, then tell him, I am sure he will understand, if he doesn’t then he wasn’t worth it anyway.”

“Yeah, maybe you’re right” Felicia said sighing.

“Maybe? Honey I am ALWAYS right!”

“Oh, whatever!” Felicia said as she walked out of the dressing room and onto the stage.

Felicia burst through the curtain as her music; Def Leopard’s “Pour Some Sugar on Me” queued up. She bopped and gyrated through what felt like an eternity, finally the music stopped and Felicia did everything but run off of the stage. When she got to the dressing room Geri was waiting.

“Hey Princess, you have a lap dance waiting in V.I.P room number four.”

“Ok” Felicia answered as she groaned inwardly. You’d think after all these years she would be used to these things by now, but just being alone in a room with a random guy just somehow gave her the creeps. You know come to think of it, these days this whole job gave her the creeps. ‘I just hope that the Tony Lucca job comes through’ she thought as she made her way to room four. Throughout the rest of the night, Felicia jumped from stage, to v.i.p rooms, to serving drinks. Finally 4 am arrived.

“Thank God!” Felicia resounded as she plopped into her front seat.

“Amen!” Brianna weakly muttered, as she settled into the passenger seat of Felicia’s car.

The drive home was silent as Brianna slept and Felicia thought about J.C. The ringing of her cell phone jolted her from her thought.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Sexy” a mellow voice said into her ear.

“Hi, Jace. What’s up?”

“Nothing, just thinking of you and wondering if figured out if you were busy today or not.”

“I did and I am not busy I am headed home for a much needed 8 hours sleep and after that, I am pretty much free.”

“Awesome! How about I pick you up about 2?”

“Sounds great, see you then!”

“K, bye!”

“Bye!” Felicia said as she hit the end button on her cell. Sighing she pushed down on her accelerator and sped the whole way home.

Felicia fell into bed as soon as she got home, dreams of JC filled her fitful sleep as she fought the war inside her head. When the alarm clock went off Felicia sat quickly up drenched in sweat. ‘I have got to do something about this’ she thought as she padded quietly into the bathroom.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story