“What do you mean you can’t find our reservations?”

“Ma’am, I’m sorry, but the names you gave me turned up no results in our database.”

“This is ridiculous. I made these reservations four months ago, I am aware of just how difficult it is to get in here.”

Looking away from his group of friends, Joshua Chasez looked over to the front counter at his clearly agitated girlfriend. He was hoping to keep a low stress level on their vacation since it was their first together, but with the disruption she was causing, a low stress level seemed to be out of reach. “Hey guys, I’ll be right back.” He told his little entourage before heading over to see just what the problem was exactly. “Annie, what’s going on?”

Looking at Josh, Ann Chambers sighed in annoyance. “They lost our reservations. All six of ours.” Turning back to the girl behind the counter, Ann tried her best not to blow up and cause a bigger scene than she already had. “Look, Arielle,” She said looking at the girl’s nametag. “This right here is my booking receipt. The date I booked room numbers 1104, 1105, and 1106 was March 13, 2006 for the week of July 1, 2006. So can we please check into our rooms?”

“Ms. Chamber, I am really sorry but these rooms are already occupied. We had a horrible storm back in may that knocked out our computer system. Something must have happened for these rooms to be double booked this week.”

Looking intently at the clerk, Ann asked calmly, “Why do I get the feeling we’re not the first guests you’ve said this to?” Glancing around herself a little uneasily, the girl named Arielle forced a smile. “I’ll call the manager down to speak to you. I’m sure he can give you more information than I can.”

“Thank you.” While Arielle picked up the phone and dialed a number to get a hold of the manager on duty, Josh looked at his girlfriend. “Annie, do you think you can calm down a little when you speak to the manager?” Ann sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes. She could feel a bad migraine coming on and all she wanted was to get up to their suite and take a long, hot, relaxing bubble bath to ease away her tension.

“I’m sorry, Josh. It’s just we paid a lot of money for a weeks stay in Kinnity Castle, not to mention the plane tickets. This is just the last thing I wanted to happen.”

“I know but just try to calm down a little and maybe we can sort this thing out with the manager.”

“I hope so.” With realization finally hitting her, Ann looked around the lobby and there was no sign of their friends and her brother. “Josh, where is everyone?”

Taking a quick glance around the place, Josh saw that they were nowhere in sight. “I don’t know. Maybe they went outside. Talk to the manager when he comes down and I’ll go find them.”

“Ok.” Ann watched as Josh walked away from her and out the large double doors at the entrance of the large beautiful castle. She couldn’t bring herself to comprehend what was happening to their dream vacation. She had planned this so carefully so they could spend one relaxing week in a beautiful country away from all the pressures of life, but it all seemed to be falling apart and Ann just didn’t know if she had the strength to fight with the staff of this wonderful hotel anymore. She was tired and all she needed was rest and quality time spent with her friends and absolutely amazing boyfriend, now if only she could get it.

“Ms. Chambers?” Ann heard her name called in a thick Irish accent and turned around to see a tall red-headed attractive man heading towards her. He couldn’t be older than thirty-five with his wrinkle-free peach skin and breath-taking green eyes. He seemed extremely fit under his blue blazer and white dress shirt. “I’m Paddy O’Brien, the hotel manager. I understand there is a problem with your reservations?” He was well mannered and spoken also. Ann hadn’t even let her eyes advert from him with his soft hand in the firm handshake.

“Yes. Your clerk over there tells me she was unable to find them. I booked rooms 1104 through 1106 for this week back in March.” She showed the man her printed receipt and he examined it for its authenticity.

“Well this is certainly not a fake receipt. Would you mind waiting here for a moment while I go pull a few strings?”

“Of course, thank you.” O’Brien winked at her and Ann felt ashamed as she felt the blush creeping to her cheeks. Quickly diverting her eyes from the tall man going behind the front desk, Ann decided to take a seat by the fountain as she waited. About five minutes had passed before the manager walked back over to her.

“I’m sorry for the wait Ms. Chambers.”

“As long as you have good news for my group and I, its fine.” She gave him a polite smile and watched as he smiled back.

“Well, I have some good and some bad I’m afraid.” He took a breath as though he were about to make a long speech and Ann waited patiently for him to begin. “I would love to stand here and tell you this is the first time anything like this has happened here at Kinnity, but I’m afraid that would be a lie. This week we have gotten quite a few reservations that have been mixed up and I wish I knew exactly what is going on but alas, I do not. Many rooms are being double booked somehow and since the guests currently occupying the suites have already checked in and do not check out until tomorrow, we have been forced to send our guests elsewhere. We have a sister hotel about forty miles west of here. For the trouble I sincerely apologize and of course we will take care of all the costs for the night’s stay there and will give you the castle’s limo for the ride there and back in the morning.”

“Mr. O’Brien, I’m curios? Why can’t we just get different suites?”

“I’m afraid this is our busiest season of the year, Ms. Chambers. Kinnity is completely booked. And as of our sister, Leap Castle, they’ve been having trouble getting guests to stay there since we have opened. That’s why I will be sending you there for the night’s stay. I have already placed the call and your suites are being prepared as we speak. So if you’re ready, I will get the limo driver to pull up front and gather your bags and take you all to Leap Castle.”

Nodding her head, Ann willingly agreed. Much to her dismay, she agreed this would be the easiest solution and they were getting a free stay in another hotel she was sure would be just as nice. But if it was just as nice and luxurious, why would they have trouble getting business? She told herself it was because Kinnity Castle was new and had many more things that were closer to the hotel and not as long of a drive from the airport. But still, something nagged at her in the pit of her stomach, telling her there was something else with this castle, something horribly wrong that may interrupt their peaceful vacation. But Ann tried to ignore it as she went outside to join her friends and explain what was going on. After the limo was loaded with their belongings, they headed towards Leap Castle and awaited their destiny that was sure to come, whether they wanted it to or not.

The drive over was silent as Annie tried to calm down, but to her luck it wasn't happening. She nearly cried out when the limo pulled up in front of what looked like a haunted house that had seen better days centuries ago. It was a castle all right, but it seemed to be falling apart from the top to the bottom. There were overgrown shrubs and trees around the outer courts. She was just waiting for Dr. Frankenstien to come out and greet them.

"You've got to be kidding me." she murmured getting out of the limo.

"It can't be that bad honey." Josh said putting an arm around her.

"Yeah, if you're a ghost." she scoffed.

The couple headed for the door followed by the rest of the group of six.

"I'll take it from here." Josh said not wanting another scene like Kinnity.

Ann just nodded and rubbed her throbbing temples, all she was focused on now was getting a hot bath and pain relief for her headache.

"Hello sir, welcome to Leap Castle my name is Kevin, how can I assist you?" a young scruffy looking man asked them.

"Yes, we're checking in for tonight." Josh told him. "Three rooms for one night. Kinnity Castle was supposed to call you and let you know."

"Yes sir they sure did. You are in rooms 11, 12, and 13. Here are your keys. Welcome to Leap sir." Kevin said handing them old-fashioned skeleton keys.

"Thanks I'm sure." Josh nodded.

The group made their way to their room, not wanting to touch anything as everything looked ready to either crumble beneath their hand or come to life and haunt them. They went to the end of the short hall and went up the stone stair that winded in a square as it was a tower they were climbing.

"This place is pathetic." Lyn whined as they finally reached their rooms.

"That's putting it mildly." Ann nodded having already decided that it was good they were only staying one night here, then they could begin their dream vacation.

"It's not that bad." Joey, Lynette's boyfriend, shrugged looking around their suite.

"Yeah, if you're dead." Ann answered rolling her eyes. "Well you kids have fun, I'm going to take a hot bath and find something to eat."

"Yeah, see you later." Joey said guiding Lyn into the room then shut the door.

"Guess this is our room." Robin, or 'Robs' as her friends called her, said putting the key in door 13.

"Yeah." Nicholas nodded


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story