Story Notes:
Adult situations in most chapters, but will be noted.
The rough, rocking of the bus shook Heather awake,

“Dammit” she screamed as she threw her legs over the edge of her bunk. ‘I swear I am gonna fire that driver!’ she thought as she slowly slid out of her bunk. Walking into the kitchenette a deep voice greeted her.

“Good Morning, sleepyhead!”

Jumping Heather said “Good Morning, Lance. What are you doing on here?”

“I need to go over some new stuff with you before the show tonight.”

“Ugh! Can’t this wait at least until I have had my Cappuccino?” Heather asked as she moved her head from side to side trying to wake herself up.

“I guess, so.” Lance said as he sighed and gave her a mock look of disgust.

“Hey, not all of us can be chipper as you are at 8:00 in the morning.” She replied laughing.

“You, my dear, have been hanging around Justin to long.” He answered giving a soft chuckle.

“No, we are just very similar creatures.” Heather answered as stared blankly down in to her mug.

A few moments later, she was awakened by Lance shaking her shoulder. Raising her head she was shocked to see him standing so close to her.

“Are you ok?” he asked eyes filled with worry

“Umm, yeah I think, why?”

“Well because I was talking to you and all of a sudden you just blanked out on me.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Lance it’s just that I have a lot on mind and the fact that it’s 8 am isn’t helping matters any” She said taking her head between her hands and massaging her temples.

“Care to share?” Lance asked laughing at her quip about the early hour.

“Not right now, so what do you have to tell me about the show?”

“Oh, just that you will be on second instead of first and that you will have a ten minute longer set.” Lance said with a smile on his face.

“Cool, but why is my set longer?”

“Well because, apparently word travels fast about the ‘Hot, new music sensation, who brings a realistic, yet sassy flavor to today’s pop music’.” Lance said as he put down the paper he was reading and smiled up at her.

“Who said that?” Heather asked peering over the table at him.

“Today’s L.A. Times” Lance said beaming

“Wow! Are you serious? Let me see that!” Heather said grabbing the paper from his hands with a cheesy grin on her face.

‘OMG, this can’t be real’ she thought as she jumped up and ran over to Lance giving him a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“What was that for?”

“For being the best Manager in the whole wide world!”

“Aww, Thanks, but a Manager is only as good as his talent.” He said as his smile widened.

“But, still, I wouldn’t be here without you and you know it.”

“That’s true, but you wouldn’t be here if you did have the most awesome voice either and not to mention that you are pretty hot.”

“Oh, yeah and my mom is Queen Elizabeth!” Heather said laughing as she playfully punched Lance on his arm.

“Well, it’s the truth.”

“Well, then if that’s the truth, then why can’t I get a certain someone to notice me?”

Raising his eyebrows, Lance said,

“Who are you trying to get noticed by? Maybe I can help.”

“Umm, well it’s someone you know.”

“Someone I know?”

“Yes.”

“Let me see…Chris?”

“No, guess again.”

“No I don’t want to guess anymore, who is the guy?” Lance replied slightly annoyed by her childishness in this matter.

“It’s… Joey.” Heather said as she averted her eyes out the window as she watched the sky fly by.

“Joey?” Lance repeated in shock.

“Yes, Joey” Heather answered giving him a funny look. Lance sighed and shook his head.

“What?” Heather asked defensively.

“Nothing, it’s just that you can do so much better than him.”

“Why do you think Joey, is such a bad choice for me?”

“Well, for one he has Kelly and if I’m not mistaken, I think he is gonna ask her to marry him.” Heather’s face fell as she heard Lance speak those words.

“Oh, well, I guess I better forget about him then.” She said as she got up and began stretching.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to burst your bubble or anything..”

“No, Lance it’s ok, I mean if he is gonna ask her to marry him and all.” She shrugged as if to say ‘What’s the point.’

“No, it’s that I just thought of something and… never mind” He stopped as a broad smile took over his face.

“What?”

“Nothing. Look I will see you at the venue ok?”

“Umm sure, but Lance?”

“Yeah?”

“ How are you gonna get off of a moving bus?”

“It’s not moving anymore, we are at a rest stop to fill up.”

“Oh.” Heather said as she looked out to find that they indeed had stopped.

“Well I will see ya!” Lance said as he got off the bus making his way back to the *NSYNC bus.

Sighing Heather sat, back down at the table. Looking down, she saw the *NSYNC agenda for the day. ‘Jeez, these guys are so busy, it’s no wonder they collapse after every show’ she thought as she began to read the list. First on the list was, Sound check from Two until Four, A Radio Interview from Four-thirty until Five-thirty and finally, Meet and Greet from Six until Six-thirty and then it was group time

Until show time; but Heather knew that wasn’t entirely true cause she had been a witness to that. First off, Lance was at her side coaching her and giving her last minute tips and pointers of the Do’s and Don’ts of stage performance. Then something else caught her eye, there in Lance’s scrawl was tell Heather that her album went Platinum today.

“What the-?” she said aloud as she read it again. ‘This can’t be for real.’ She thought as she reached for her cell phone on the counter. Hurriedly she punched in Lance’s number; it rang twice before he picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Lance!”

“Hey, Heather. What’s up?”

“Um, you left your paperwork on my bus and I was calling to tell you that it was here just in case you were looking for it.” She said nervously, hoping that Lance didn’t catch her lie.

“Oh, ok. Thanks!”

“No problem!”

“Cool, well I guess I will see you in an hour?’

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Good, cause I have some more stuff I need to go over with you.”

“More! Jeez Lance, what are you trying to do fry my brain?”

“Yeah, that’s it!” He replied laughing

“I believe it! See you in an hour!”

“K, bye!” he said as the line went dead.

Hanging up her phone, Heather got up and made her way into the bathroom, taking the longest hottest shower ever as she kept thinking to her self. ‘I have really done it! I have made it! My album went Platinum!’


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey