Four months later, Orlando, Florida,

            "Thank you for being such a wonderful audience! Good night and God bless!" Heather said to the roar of the audience as she took her final bow.          "Whew! Great show you guys, see you all in a two weeks." Heather said as she bounded down the stairs to her dressing room.

            "Hey Heather, wait up!" Jill called as she said by to all of her fellow dancers and caught up with Heather.

            "What's up?" Heather asked as she walked into her dressing room.

            "Are you ok?"

            "Of course, why do you ask?"

            "Because you haven't been acting like yourself the past few days."

            "Oh, that, I am just tired and intend to get plenty of sleep during our vacation.      What are you doing by the way?"

            "Flying to Hawaii, to meet J.C. and his family. What about you?"

            "I am going to lounge around my house and shop."

            "You are a mess!"

            "Why?"

            "All you do is shop."

            "Yeah I know, but you have to admit, I always come home with some kick ass stuff."

            "I know, I know. Well I gotta jet, my plane leaves in an hour and I still have to get my luggage checked in. I will call you when I get there ok?"

            "Ok, be careful and say hi to J.C. for me" Heather said as she hugged her friend bye. And hey, thanks again for forgiving me after all that I did.

            "I will and no problem, that is what friends are for." Jill said hugging Heather back.

            "Bye see ya in a few weeks!"

            "Bye and thanks!" Heather replied as the door shut behind Jill, when it did Heather sat down on the couch letting out a huge sigh.

            "What's wrong?" a voice beside her asked.

            Startled, Heather looked up to find Lance standing there.

            "Omg, Lance! What are you doing here?" Heather asked as she pulled him in a hug.

            "To see you."

            "After all of this time? I thought after everything that I did, you wouldn't ever want to talk to me again.  How have you been?"

            "Ok, I guess, considering."

            "What's up?"

            "Nothing, it's just that with everything that went down before you left, things have been pretty hairy between Joey and the rest of us guys."

            "I can imagine, so how is everyone doing?"

            "Chris is his usual self and J.C. is going away with Jill during our break and he is doing fine. Justin is taking his new girl Jasmine to the Cayman Islands for the week and Joey, well, let's just say he isn't doing so good."

            " Why what is the matter with him?"

            "Just drowning his sorrows the typical Joey way."

            "Let me guess, women, clubs and liquor, right?"

            "Yup, you got it.  So what are you plans for the break?"

            "I am gonna lounge around at my place and shop. You?"

            "I am going up to my place in Mississippi. Wanna come?"

            "Nah that's ok, I am just gonna get some stuff done around here."

            "You sure?"

            "Yup."

            "Ok, but while I am in town, wanna go out?"

            "Sure, where?"

            "How about the Universal City Walk?"

            "Sounds good to me, just give me twenty minutes to shower and change."

            "I'll be waiting." Lance said as he made him self comfortable on the couch.

            "K, be right back." Heather said as she headed for the showers.

            Twenty minutes later, Heather emerged in a purple silk mini dress with matching strappy Jimmy Choo sandals."

            "Wow! You look great!" Lance said as he let out a low whistle.

            "Thanks." Heather said giggling.        "You ready?"

            "I sure am."

            "Alright then, let's go." Heather said as they made their way to Lance's Toyota SUV.

            The night was warm with a gentle breeze as they strolled along the concrete walkway that weaves through the nightlife of Universal Studios. When they tired of walking they spotted a nice secluded table at the edge of the walk, that overlooked the lake that held the Universal Studios globe.

            "This is so nice. Thanks for bringing me here."

            "Your welcome, I am glad that you enjoy it."

            "Me too, it's a nice change of pace from the roaring of the crowds and the hustle and bustle of tour life."

            "Don't I know it." Lance said as he smiled at her.     "So how are things going?"

            "Great! I love being on stage every night and making the crowd smile and my meet and greets are the best. I love it so much that Dre has to practically drag me to the stage." Heather said laughing.

            "Really?"

            "Yup."

            "So how is Dre doing?" Lance asked.

            "Fine, but he misses being with you guys though, I don't think he likes it with me too much."

            "Why do you say that?"

            "I don't know just a feeling I get."

            "Oh, cause when Lonnie talked to him, he said nothing but nice things about you and working for you."

            "Really?"

            "Yup."

            "Oh, well, that's nice." Heather said as her mind began to wander.

            "Heather what is the matter?"

            "Nothing, just thinking."

            "A dangerous profession." Lance said laughing.

            "Ha ha!" Heather said grinning at Lance's feeble attempt at a joke.

            "So, what are you thinking about?"

            "Everything."

            "Meaning?"

            "My life, Joey, the baby."

            "Ahh, the subject that brought me here rears it's head."

            "Yup, so is everyone still uber pissed at me?"

            "No, more aggravated and upset than anything, I mean you covered for the losses, so there wasn't too much that could be said. By the way, what are you doing for money these days, cause I know with the money you gave back you gave up all of your album sales and ticket sales."

            "I am managing I have gotten a few endorsement deals and they keep the checks pretty steady and also, I have been making a few dollars on record sales as of the thirtieth of last month I was able to start getting royalties for my songs and record again."

            "That's good I was really worried about you."

            "Thanks Lance, I really means a lot to me especially after everything that I did, I shouldn't have done that, but unfortunately I didn't listen to JC or Jill and I can't undo it, so..." Heather shrugged her shoulders as if so say ‘nothing I can do about it now'

            "True, but it makes me said, because I think Joey would have really been happy about the baby."

            "You do?"

            "Yup and you know that he still doesn't know don' you?"

            "No, how could I? JC or Jill never mention him to me, they haven't since the day we made up and called a truce after what went down."

            "Wow! Do you ever intend on telling him?" 

            "Nope, Lance I don't think that I want Joey to ever know about this."

            "Why?"          

            "I don't know. I guess I still feel like I would ruin all the things that he has worked so hard for ya know?"

            "I don't think he will think that way, he is ecstatic for JC and Jill and I really think that if you told him he would be over the moon!"

            "I don't know. I guess I will deal with that all in good time, but I don't want to worry about that now, because I have to worry about the media picking up on it before the tour ends.

"Wow! I didn't think about that, what are we going to do?" Lance said as his eyebrows about shot off of his head at the thought.

"Well probably won't show until my sixth month and my tour ends then. And then I go back into the studio and so no one will see me much and I have my mother shopping for furniture so no one will suspect."

            "You have this all figured out don't you?"

            "Yeah, I guess I sorta do."

            "That's what you think," a voice behind her said.     

            Turning Lance and Heather came to face to face with, Kelly.

            "What do you want?" Heather asked sarcastically.

            "You have given me what I want."

            "What is that?"

            "Joey."

            "So."

            "So? You are not telling me that after what I have heard, that you don't care that Joey and I are together." Kelly said with a smirk on her face."

            "What are you saying- Omg, no you don't you sanctimonious little bitch!" Heather yelled as she jumped to her feet.

            "Oh and what are you gonna do if I do?"

            Heather was left speechless at her question, because in reality, she didn't know what she would do if Kelly told Joey.

            "Well I guess your silence is your answer to that." Kelly said as she turned to walk away.

            "Wait!" Heather called out to her.

            "What?"

            "What can I do, for your silence?"

            "Ooh this could be good, but I only have one simple request."

            "And that is?"

            "Just stay the hell away from him or I will tell him."

            "No problem. So do I have your word?" Heather asked.

            "Yup." Kelly said as she stuck out her hand to shake on it. Heather took her hand and shook and at that moment, she felt like she had just sold her soul to the devil.

            "Ok, thank you and good-bye."

            "Bye." Kelly called as she walked away.

            "Do you believe her?" Lance asked.

            "Hell no, but I have no choice Lance I have too."

            "Yeah I guess, but you could always just tell Joey and save yourself a lot of heartache."

            "Yes, I know this, but I just don't want him to know at least not right now anyway."

            "Why?"

            "Because then I would have to put up with him in my life and I don't want him in it anymore."

            "Why?"

            "Because."

            "Because why?"

            "Just because, I don't have a great reason, like I am still in love with him or anything like that."

            "But you are aren't you."

            "I am what?"

            "Still in love with him."

            "I was for a time, but not anymore."

            "Yeah, right. Well hey, it's late and I have an early wake up to drive to Mississippi in the morning. You sure you don't want to come?"

            "Positive."

            "Ok, well let's get you home."

            "Ok, let's go" Heather said as she linked her arm through Lance's.

            ‘This is great!' Kelly thought as she drove back home to Joey's. ‘I finally have something on her that can put the final nail in the coffin of her and Joey.' Kelly could not believe her good luck, because she was personally tired of putting up with Joey's mopping about. She is all he talked about; he even called out HER name while they were making love one night. "I finally have that bitch right where I want her." Kelly said aloud as she pulled into the drive and got out.

            "Joey I am home!" she called as she walked in and shut the door behind her.

            "Hey Kel, how was the walk?"

            "Great I saw a few of your friends there."

            "Who?"

            "Lance and Heather."

            "Heather?"

            "Yup."

            "How is she doing?"

            "Fine."

            "Oh."

            "Yeah. She was very nice and polite"

            "She is a very nice person" ‘Sometimes' Joey thought.

            "Yeah. She looked pretty happy though. Has a glow about her."

            "That's good I am glad that she is happy" ‘I just wish that it was with me' Joey thought sadly to himself.

            "Well I am glad that you came back to the woman who really loves you."

            "Oh, come on, Kelly, you know that Heather loved me!" Joey yelled as he pushed her away from him.

            "Well if the little bitch loved you so damned much, then why didn't she tell you that she is pregnant with your child!" Kelly yelled.

            "With my what?" Joey asked in surprise.

            "Umm, nothing." Kelly said.

            "Did you just say that Heather is pregnant?"

            "Yeah" Kelly said in a voice so quiet that Joey barely heard her.

            "Get out!"

            "Joey let-"

            "Just get out!" Joey yelled.

            "But-"

            "GET OUT! It's over now just get the hell out!"

            "Fine! Just don't come crawling back to me when Miss Popstar doesn't take you back."

            "There is no chance in hell of me ever getting back with you."

            "Fine! Kiss my ass you stupid mother fucker!" Kelly said as the door slammed behind her.

            "Good riddance, bitch." Joey said relieved that it was all over. Sighing he sank back onto his couch and thought about what Kelly had told him.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey