"Bye, Lance, call me when you get to Mississippi" Heather said as she gave Lance a quick peck on the cheek got out of the car.

            "You sure you don't want to come with me?"

            "Positive."

            "Ok, well I will call you when I get there."

            "Bye!" she called waving as Lance backed down her driveway.

            Waving Lance picked up his cell phone and dialed Joey's number.

            "Hello?" Joey asked.

            "Hey Joe, it's me, Lance. I am on my way over, we need to talk."

            "Ok, see ya. Bye."

            "Bye" Lance said hanging up the phone, all the while praying to God that he was doing the right thing.

            Heather plopped exhaustedly onto her couch, falling asleep immediately she ignored the flashing light of her answering machine.

            As Lance pulled into Joey's driveway, butterflies tickled his stomach. He wasn't sure how Joey was gonna react about the news he was about to give him and it made him nervous. Especially since things between them hadn't been so great since Heather had pulled her disappearing act. Heaving a huge sigh, he rang the doorbell.

            "Just a minute" he heard Joey's voice call from inside. Lance heard the locks being slid from their catches.

            "Hey Lance, come on in." Joey said stepping aside to let Lance enter.        

            "Hey Joe, how are things?"

            "Good. I guess."

            "What's up?"

            "Well Kelly and I just broke up for starters."

            "Oh, Joe I am sorry."

            "It's ok, but that is not the worst part."

            "What is?"

            "Well it's about Heather."

            "What about her?" Lance asked in alarm, hoping nothing had happened, I mean he had only dropped her off ten minutes before.

            "Well, I don't now how true it is, but Kelly told me that she overheard Heather say that she is pregnant with my child."

            "Oh." Lance muttered as he sat there dumbfounded and royally pissed a Kelly.

            "So is it?"

            "Is it what?"

            "Is it true that Heather is carrying my child?"

            "Oh, well that is what I came over here to talk to you about."

            "So?"

            "So, yeah it's true Joe, she is pregnant with your kid."

            "Omg. How far along is she?"

            "Almost five months."

            "Five months! Then that means-"

            "Yup it means it happened right before you all broke up."

            ‘Omg! That is why she was so sick the day she left! Now it makes some sense!'

            "What is it Joe?"

            "Nothing. I am just remembering."

            "Oh. So..."

            "So what?"

            "So what are you going to do, now that you know that you are going to be a father?"

            "I guess, talk to Heather would be first on my list."

            "Yup."

            "Do you think it's too late now?"

            "It's never to late Joe."

            "Ok then, let's go." Joey said as he jumped up and grabbed his keys.          "Do you mind driving?"

            "Nope, come on." Lance said as he picked up his keys and headed out the door.

            Heather was awaken by a frantic knocking on her door,

            "What the hell?" She muttered as she sat up on the couch in a half-awake stupor. As she got her bearings, the knocking became more rapid.

            "Keep your shirt on! I'm coming!" She yelled at whoever was behind the door. As she opened the door her heart leapt in her chest.                       "Joey? What are you doing here?"

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey