"I came to talk to you. Can I come in?"

                "Sure, I guess" Heather said a she moved out of the doorway so that Joey could enter her house.

                "Ok" Joey said as he resisted the urge to kiss her as he walked through her door.

                "So what do you want to talk about?"

                "I that is just a little bit obvious" Joey said as he sat down on her plush sofa.

                "What do you want to know?" Heather said, but deep down she knew that he knew what she was hiding.

                "Why did you leave?"

                "Joey,I" she was stuck there was no where to go, she had to tell him, it was now or a life full of lies and deceit.

                "You what?"

                "I left because I found out that I was pregnant and the baby it is yours!" Heather blurted out and sat back waiting for the barrage of obscenities that she was sure were coming her way.

                "I know, I just wanted to hear you tell me for your self." Joey said as he cautiously too her hand in his.

                "What the hell do you mean you know?" Heather exclaimed as she jumped up from her place on the sofa.

                "Kelly told me" Joey said as he stood up to make sure that she wouldn't trip in fall in her angered state.

                "That bitch! Why I outta-" Heather stopped mid sentence as Joey placed a finger over her lips.     

                "You are going to do a thing, because that girl did me a favor."

                "How so?" Heather asked as she sat back down on the sofa.

                "Well she brought me here at this moment, where I have wanted to be for so long, here with you."

                "Oh Joey I am just so sorry for everything!" Heather said a she put her head in her hands and sobbed.

                "Shh, baby it's ok, we'll be ok"

                "Is there a we? I mean do you think there can be again?"

                "Yes, I do with all of my heart."

                "I am so sorry Joe, I was just scared and so unsure of my feelings, everything with use moved so fast and I just go scared plain and simple. But there is one thing that has never changed in this time we have been apart and it never will."

                "What is that?" Joey asked.

                "That I love you. I always have and always will." Heather said as she looked deep into his brown eyes.

   Joey stared at her for what seemed like eternity, the next thing she knew he was standing inches from her, so close she could feel his warm breath on her cheek. He pulled her into his arms. She held him tight as they swayed back and forth, looking as if they were dancing to song, only they could hear.

                "So what do you say?" Joey whispered in her ear.

                "Say to what?"

                "Giving us one more try."

                "Oh, Joey, I don't know could you ever really trust me, better yet could you ever forgive me for what I have done?" Heather answered honestly as reality came crashing back down on her.

                "I already have or I wouldn't be here tonight and also know that I love you and that little one growing inside you and I always will. Remember that. No matter what happens, just remember that," Joey said a he took her face gently in his hands.

                ."Oh, Joey, I am so scared."

                "Of what?"

                "What will happen with us and of being a mother for goodness sake! I have no idea how to be one. Hell I don't even know if I will make a good one."

                "You will make a great mother. Trust me you already make a great girlfriend and hopefully one day a wife."

                "Joey are you saying?"

                "Yes I am saying I still love you and still want to marry you." Joey said as he produced the ring that he had given her months ago on her birthday.

                Heather was dumbfounded by Joey's admission and proposal one again of marriage. After all that she had put him through he still loved her and she him, but why couldn't she believe how lucky she was.

                "Heather?" Joey asked breaking into her thoughts.     "You alright?"

                "Oh, yeah. I'm fine, just thinking." 

                "About what?"

                "Our wedding and beautiful it is going to be and how happy I am going to be as your wife."

                "Do you mean it?" Joey asked as tears welled up in his eyes.

                "Yes Joey I do. These last months have been like murder without you. There is so much you have missed out on. And I am sorry that I didn't tell you when I found out. I just didn't want to ruin your career.

                "Heather, a baby, our baby couldn't ever ruing anything can't you see that? That baby is a gift, a gift that I am more than willing to accept no matter what the cost."

"I so sorry" Heather said as tears began to slide down her cheeks.

                "Oh sweetie, don't cry, please. It's ok, now. I am here." Joey said as he pulled her into his arms. As he sat there holding her in his arms and stroking her hair, he thanked God and the miracle growing insider her, for bringing her back to him.

                "I love you" He heard her whisper as her head lay on his shoulder.

                "What did you say?" He asked pretending not to hear.

                "I said, I love you."

                "I love you too," He said as he placed the engagement ring back in its rightful place on her finger and gently kissed her lips.

                Heather let out as soft moan as she felt his tongue slid expertly into her mouth. As the kiss began to grow in intensity, Heather felt Joey's hands slide beneath her dress.

                "Joey wait." Heather said stopping him.

                "What? Did I hurt you?"

                "No, you are fine. I just think we would both be a little more comfortable in my bedroom."

                "Oh, well that can be arranged." Joey said as he gathered Heather into his arms and carried her into her room. Where they spent the rest of the night make sweet, soft love to each other and as the sun began to come up, Heather fell asleep in Joey arms. Just then ‘My Everything' by 98 Degrees, came on the radio. Joey smiled to himself and softly began to sing as he drifted off to sleep.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey