“We’re here!” the bus driver called as he made his way off the bus.

“Ok.” Heather answered as she grabbed her make-up bag and hair stuff before making her way off of her bus. As she walked toward the venue she spotted J.C. and Jill, leaning on the front of the *NSYNC bus showing some serious P.D.A.

“Would you guys stop! I will need my dancer to be able to move on stage tonight and at the rate you’re going there, J.C., I’ll be lucky if she will be able to walk!” Heather said laughing as she grabbed Jill by the arm and pulling her in the direction of the backstage entrance of the venue.

“Hey, what the hell?” Jill yelled trying to free her arm

“Hey, that’s my girl you’re taking there!” J.C. yelled as he began to board the bus.

“You’ll get over it!” Heather jokingly yelled as she continued to drag Jill toward the entrance.

“WOULD YOU LET GO OF ME!” Jill bellowed.

“No! I have some pretty good news to tell you.” Heather said as she let go of Jill’s wrist.

“What?” Jill asked eyeing her warily as she rubbed her wrist.

“Well, I’m not supposed to know yet but, Lance left his papers on the bus today and I saw something that is gonna change our lives as we know it”

“Well, what is it already!”

“We went PLATINUM!”

“OMG!” Jill shouted as she jumped up and down “But wait a minute, don’t you mean YOU went Platinum?”

“No, WE went Platinum, you are my back up singer silly and I would have all of those great melodies and harmonies if it weren’t for you!”

“Awww, thanks!” Jill said as she hugged her best friend.

“No problem, but save some energy cause after tonight’s show we are gonna go out and PARTAY!”

“Umm, excuse me, but there will be no partying without me.” A deep voice bellowed.

Turning, both girls looked up to see, DRE one of the *NSYNC bodyguards, looming over them.

“Umm, of course not” Heather stammered. “We were gonna tell you before the show, DRE, honest.”

“Yeah, right. I know you girls too well.” DRE said chuckling as he opened the door and ushered them inside.

As they both walked down the corridor, Heather saw Joey and Kelly in a corner, making out heavily.

“Ugh, that really made my day.” Heather mumbled.

“What was that?” Jill asked

“Nothing.” Heather said as she continued to gaze in their direction.

Following her gaze, Jill nodded in understanding. As they entered their dressing room, Heather burst out in tears.

“Oh, hun its o.k.” Jill said as she gave her friend a supportive hug.

“No, it’s not! I finally meet the proverbial ‘Man of my dreams’ and he is already taken!” Heather yelled as tears coursed down her cheeks.

Hearing, the commotion from the hall, Lance rushed in to see what was going on. As he entered, his heart sank when he say heather standing there with a tear stained face.

“Heather, What’s wrong?” Lance asked as he pulled her into his arms for a hug.

“Nothing.” Heather answered as she pulled away from him, as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Umm, I don’t think it’s nothing, when my artist and my friend is standing here in obvious pain. Now tell me who or what is the cause?”

“I think you know.” Heather said as she ran her hands over her face.

“Oh, the scene in the hall, I was wondering if you had seen that.” Lance said as his eyes clouded with anger.

“Lance, what’s the matter?” Jill and Heather asked at the same time.

“Joey, he just pisses me off! I swear that man doesn’t have a brain in his damn skull!”

“Umm, Lance it’s ok really, I will be fine, I promise.”

“You sure?”

“Yeah. Lance is there something bother you?” Heather asked as a look of worry crept onto her face.

Turning to Jill, Lance asked,

“Hey, Jill do you mind leaving Heather and I alone for about five minutes?”

“Sure, no problem, I’ll just go visit J.C.” Jill said as she stuck her tongue out at Heather as she ran down the hall toward the *NSYNC dressing room. Groaning, Heather said,

“I hope she will be able to make it to the show tonight.”

“Why do you say that?” Lance asked.

“Because if you have noticed once you get those two together you have to use a crowbar to get them apart.” She said laughing.

“Oh, yeah, right.” Lance said sheepishly.

“So, what do you need to talk to me about?”

“Well, I got some news today.”

“Good or Bad?”

“Both.”

“Uh oh, well give me that bad news first.” Heather said sighing as she prepared herself for whatever Lance was about to say.

“Well, the bad news is, that you are being pulled from the next leg of our tour.”

“Why?”

“Well, this is where the good news comes in. As of today, ‘Secrets and Lies’ went Platinum and I think now is a good time for you to do you own tour, you know be the Headlining act.” Lance said with a huge grin on his face.

“What? You are kidding me right?”

“No, I’m not.”

“OMG!” Heather said as she jumped up and did a little victory dance around the dressing room.

“I take it you like the idea.”

“You, bet! I have been dreaming about this my whole life!” Heather said as she jumped into Lance’s arms.

“Well, I’m glad I could help you out.” He said as she released her from his arms.

“Me too. Hey did I mention that you are the best Manager in the whole world?”

“I think you have mentioned it once or twice.” He said grinning broadly.

Just then Jill knocked on the door. “Is it safe?’ she asked.

“Yes!” Heather and Lance chorused.

As she opened the door she noticed that both of them were wearing the cheesiest grins ever.

“Hey, what did he do to cheer you up like that?”

“Well…He just told me that the album went Platinum today and that in January we are going to have our own tour!”

“What! You’re joking right?” Jill said as she kept looking back and forth between Heather and Lance.

“Nope, sure ain’t.” Heather said grinning.

“OMG! Yippee!” Jill yelled as she danced around the dressing room.

“I know, I feel the same way, but I’m kinda sad too.”

“Why?” Jill and Lance asked at the same time.

“Because, Lance won’t be here with me anymore and I’ll miss all of the other guys, also, in case you have forgotten, you, my dear you wont be seeing J.C. everyday either.”

“Oh, yeah I hadn’t thought of that.” Jill said quietly.

“Oh, you all come off it! I will miss you all too, but there are these things called phones and I will fly out when we get a break to see you.” Lance said a little perturbed

“You promise?” Heather asked.

“I promise. Well hey I better get going, We have sound check in and hour and you have rehearsal and sound check in two hours, so get some more rest and I will have someone come wake you guys up ok?”

“Ok, Lance, see you later!”

“Bye.”

“Bye!” Jill and Heather chorused.

“I’ve got a secret!” Jill taunted as she began to jump around the room again.

“What is it now?”

“Guess.”

“I don’t want to, just tell me.”

“No, guess!”

“Umm, you’re happy about the tour thing?”

“Yes, I am, but no that’s not it.”

“Umm, I don’t know just tell me please, my brain can’t take much more and plus I want to take a nap before rehearsal.”

“O.K…J.C. asked me to marry him!”

“He what?!”

“He asked me to marry him!”

“And you said…”

“I said YES, silly!”

“OMG! I am so happy for you! Congratulations!”

“Thanks and I have one more thing to ask.”

“What?” Heather asked as she examined the ring.

“Will you be my Maid of Honor?”

“I would be honored, but what about your sister?”

“Well, I thought of her, but when you get down to it, if it weren’t for you, J.C. and I would have never gotten together so this is the only way I could think of to thank you.”

“Aww!” Heather said as she hugged her friend. “Jeez! I can’t believe how big this thing is!”

“Me either, I almost passed out when I saw it.”

“I can’t believe you are getting married and to J.C! See I told you that you could get him!” Heather said laughing remembering their five years old argument.

“Yeah, I guess you turned out to be right after all and it sucks that I turned out to be wrong about you and Joey.”

“Yeah it does, but oh well, I will live.” Heather said as her mind flashed back to what she has seen in the hallway earlier. “Well hey, I’m gonna go take a nap before rehearsal, I’ll see you there ok?”

“O.K. and Heather?”

“Yeah?”

“You will get Joey, I will see to that myself.”

“Oh, it’s ok, I’m not sure I want him so much now.”

“Now, I know that’s a lie!” Jill said laughing.

“Would you get outta here!” Heather yelled as she threw a pillow at Jill.

“O.K. I’m going, I’m going!” Jill yelled as she made her way out the door.

“Good, bye see you in a bit.!”

“K, bye!” Jill called as she shut the door behind her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey