Heather was awakened by the sunlight on her face the next morning, turning over she reached out for Joey only to find his side empty. Sitting up, she looked around the room, finally her eyes fell on him standing out on the deck looking out into the ocean.

"Good morning sweetheart" Heather said softly as she encircled her arms around his waist.

"Good morning beautiful" Joey said bringing her hand up to his lips, kissing it and intertwining her fingers with his own. They stood there like that for the next ten minutes lost in their own thoughts.

"Hungry?" Heather asked breaking the silence.

"I could eat." Joey said as he turned so that he was facing her.

"Okay, what do you want so that I can either see if they have it here or if we have to go to the grocery store."

"Hmm, bacon, eggs Benedict, wheat toast, OJ and milk?"

"Mmm sounds good" Heather said as she removed her arms from his waist and headed in to call room service.

"Well?" Joey asked as Heather put the phone back into the cradle.

"It will be here in about 30 minutes, which gives me time to take a shower, care to join me?"

"I'll take a rain check, while you do that I will pack our bags, sound good?"

"Perfect" Heather said as she gave Joey a quick peck on the lips and walked into the bathroom, as soon as he heard the shower running he picked up the phone. Cradling it on his shoulder he began to pack their bags.

"Hello?" Kathy's tired voice said into his ear.

"Hey sorry to wake you up" Joey said apologetically.

"No, its fine, everything ok?"

"Yeah, everything is fine."

"Good so what can I do you for?" Heather's mom said as she propped herself up in bed.

"Call Vera Wang and make an appointment for Heather tomorrow, because we want to get married next weekend."

"Next weekend! Are you insane?"

"Yeah" Joey said as he began to laugh. But will you do it for me?"

"Yes, I will, but I still think you are nuts, but I'll do what I can" Heather's mom said as she put her head in her hands.

"Thank, well hey I got to go, room service is here and Heather just shut the water off in the shower." Joey said as he zipped up the final suitcase and sat it on the floor.

"Ok, I will let you know what day and time so that you can schedule the flight out to New York."

"Ok thanks, talk to you later bye!" Joey said as he opened the door for room service to bring in breakfast.

"Bye" Heather's mom said as she clicked the phone shut and hit the internet to look up the number for Vera Wang's wedding salon.

"Mmm smells heavenly!" Heather said as she sat down and lifted the lid from her plate.

"Doesn't it though" Joey said as he removed his lid and quickly dove into his eggs. Heather nodded as she buttered and jellied her toast. After the breakfast, Heather went to get dressed while Joey hit the shower, just then her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Yes, this is the hotel valet confirming for luggage pick up in an hour is this correct?"

"Yes, it is" Heather said as she began to wheel their luggage by the door.

"Ok, thank you for your patronage and have safe flight."

"Thank you" Heather said as she wheeled the last suitcase to the door and snapped her phone shut.

"So everything ready to go?" Joey asked as she padded back into the bedroom where she began to put on her nike tennis shoes.

"Yup, they will be picking us and the luggage up in an hour."

"Good deal and oh, how does next weekend for a wedding sound?" Joey said

"Do you mean it?" Heather said as her eyes went wide and a cheesy smile covered her face.

"Yup how does my hometown of Brooklyn sound to you?"

"Sounds wonderful! Oh Joey!" Heather said as she leapt into arms and smothered him with kisses.

"Good, so now that you know, we aren't going home, we are going to New York, I changed the flight last night, but kept us on reserve for Orlando, just on the off chance that you would say no."

"Oh my we have so much to do! Oh my and I have to have a dress made, who in the hell am I going to find to make me a dress in a week?"

"How does Vera Wang sound?" Heather's mom said as she walked through the bedroom door.

"Huh? You're joking right?"

"Nope, Monday 9am sharp and you will have fittings everyday until wedding day."

"Ok" Heather said beaming from ear to ear with tears threatening to spill down her cheeks.

"You going to make it?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah this is just all so overwhelming" Heather said as she got up to retrieve a tissue from the box on the desk. Just then the doorbell rang signaling it was time to head to leave. In fifteen minutes they were all headed toward the airport in the limo that JC and Jill has set up for them, two hours later when they were about to take off from the runway Joey looked at her and said,

"So you all ready to do this thing?

"Yup, let's go get married!" Heather said as the plane took off towards New York and her future.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey