Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it has been forever, but Joey and Heather are back! :D

"Wow!" Heather said in a whisper as she and her mom walked into Vera Wang's wedding salon two days later.

"Tell me about it" Joey's mom, Phyllis said as the greeter escorted them into the fitting area.

"Ms. Wang will be with you shortly" the girl said as she walked out of the fitting area closing the door softly behind her.

"So what kind of dress are you thinking about?" Janine Joey's sister asked.

"I don't know I have like a zillion things running through my mind, hopefully Ms. Wang can help me with that.

"I certainly will" At the sound of a voice everyone's heads shot up to reveal a smiling petite Asian woman.

"Why hello! Heather said brightly; it is a pleasure to meet you!" Heather said as she stuck out her hand.

"A pleasure to meet you as well, so tell me your ideas" Ms. Wang said as she shook Heather's hand and sat down on a padded bench facing her.

"Well, I want a train but not a long one; I love beading, strapless...." Heather trailed on while Ms. Wang furiously sketched as Heather was speaking.

"So how does this grab you" Ms. Wang said and she handed Heather the sketch pad.

"Oh wow!" Heather gasped.

"It is absolutely gorgeous!" Kathy said and she peered over her daughters shoulder.

"I think it is going to look absolutely breathtaking" Phyllis said as she too peered over Heather's shoulder to get a look.

"I'll take it" Heather said as she handed back the sketch.

"Wonderful, now when did you say again that you needed the dress?"

"A bright red blush came into Heather's cheeks and she meekly squeaked out "One week."

"That is right I remember now and goodness I have to get started right away, Thank you for coming!" Ms. Wang said waving as she dashed through the curtain to part of the store unknown.

Laughing the women went out into the salon to look at brides maid dresses, when they found everything they needed the put it on the bill with the dress to be paid later, then they proceeded out to shop for shoes at cole haan and jewelry at tiffany's. Well all was said and done they all happily collapsed in a cab and headed back to the hotel.

"So how did it go?" Joey asked as he helped Heather bring her packages.

"Wonderful, oh Joey the dress is going to be so beautiful! Thank you for doing this for me, I love you so much!" Heather said and she flung her arms around Joey's neck and kissed him soundly on the lips.

"You are quite welcome my dear" Joey said as he continued to hold Heather in his arms. "Oh by the way JC and Jill called today."

"So how are they enjoying Cabo?"

"Just fine, they said it makes them not want to come back! And also, they will be here tomorrow about noon so that Jill can get fitted for her bridesmaids dress and JC for his tux."

"But that is asking them to cut their honeymoon short, Joey I won't let them do that" Heather said as she started to pull away to get her cell phone.

"I didn't ask them to either I was told rather by the both of them" Joey chuckled as he replayed the phone conversation between the three of them in his head.

"I swear those two are a pair of bulls I tell ya!" Heather said as she laid her head on Joey's chest.

"Oh I shall agree there, so what do you want to do for dinner tonight?" Joey asked as he stroked Heather's hair.

I don't know how about we order in Chinese from Chinatown?"

"Mmm sounds good, how about I run out to the video store rent some dvd's and grab some popcorn for later as well?"

"Sounds like the perfect date" Heather said as she unraveled her self from Joey so sit down on the soft, luxurious sofa.

"Ok, I will be back in a bit, do you need anything else while I am out?"

"How about you pick up a bottle of wine?"

"Will do, love ya babe!" Joey said and she blew Heather a kiss and shut the door behind him.

"Love ya too!" Heather called out and she blew a kiss his way. While Joey was gone Heather leafed through the catering menus that they had picked up throughout the city and called tavern on the green to see if they could book it for their rehearsal dinner Friday night and what the price would be. After she did that she called both her and Joey's accountants to see if the wedding and all the trimmings was doable.

"It's already been taken care of" Bill, Heather's accountant told her.

"That can't be, not that I am complaining, but no one I know has that much money to spare" Heather said as her mind raced.

"I don't know all I know is that it's paid for, I got the memo this morning."

"Well alright if something changes please call me" Heather said and she hung up. Just then the doorbell rang.

"Coming!" Heather called as she looked through the peephole and saw Joey loaded down with bags.

"What the hell did you do buy out New York city?"

"Not really, I left some; but you can't have a romantic dinner, with out flowers, candles and dessert now can you?"

"Well I guess not" Heather said as she took some of the packages from his hands.

"Did you order the food yet?"

"Not yet, I wasn't for sure what you would want, so I decided to wait for you."

"Ok, well I will tell you what, if you don't mind finishing up with the set up I will call the food in, you want the usual right?"

"Yes and no I don't mind" Heather said as she began to unpack everything and set it up, while Joey called and ordered the food. While they waited they talked wedding and about the cost and Heather told her what Bill had told her about the wedding being paid for and all.

"I wonder who did that?"

"I don't know I thought it was you, but your accountant said no the only thing wedding wise that was coming out was my dress and wedding band."

"Yeah that is all I authorized, so what about Tavern on the Green could you book that?"

"Yes and I did and they said not to worry about the cost their either, I sure would like to know what is going on?" Heather said.

"Me too, but hey maybe everyone chipped in and our wedding is our present to us from them."

"Now that is a thought but-" Heather never did get to finish because it was the food and no sooner than they got it on their plates they dove in ravenous, since they hadn't eaten since they left Hawaii earlier that morning.

"So what movie do you want to watch?" Joey asked as he cleared the table and put everything away.

"I don't know, how about something funny?"

"I got the perfect one!" Joey said as he plucked the movie from the bag and took it over to the dvd player.

"Do you mind if I get a shower first?"

"No go ahead I have a few phone calls to make myself so I will take care of that while you're in the shower."

"Sounds good to me" Heather said as she gathered her bathing supplies and headed toward the cavernous bathroom. About 15 minutes later Heather emerged looking relaxed and refreshed.

"Feel better?"

"Much" Heather said as she settled her self down in front of the tv.

"Good" Joey said as he handed her Diet Sunkist, sat down beside her and pressed play. Just then the new Adam Sandler movie started playing. About 2 hours later they were both laughing so hard tears were streaming out of their eyes.

"Oh, my god, that was priceless!: Heather said as she wiped the tears from here eyes.

"Tell me about it" Joey said and he ejected the dvd and placed it back into it's case.

"So what's next?"

"Me and a date with the shower, while you pick out the next one" Joey said as he began to strip down.

"Is a chick flick ok?"

"Sure, be back in a bit" Joey said as he headed off to the shower. While she waited Heather called to make sure that Joey's wedding present was going as planned and then began to check things off of the list that were completed. As Heather was finishing up, Joey came out and announced it was popcorn and snuggle time.

"You are silly" Heather remarked as she giggled and put in the dvd.

"So what are we watching?"

"You know, you got my favorite movie for me!" Heather said as she grinned cheesily at him. "Thank You."

"You are welcome" Joey said as he threw his arm around her shoulder and pulled her near. They spent the rest of the night laughing, crying and reminiscing while they watched the movies of old and new, enjoying the calm before the storm.


Incomplete
JCSCOWGIRL79 is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked What Dreams May Come also liked 8 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey