Sighing Heather turned over and tried to go to sleep, but it was no use every time she closed her eyes, the image of Joey and Kelly, flashed before her.  As she thought of this, she began to sob softly as she thought to herself ‘Why can't it be me? Why?' Heather was jolted out of her thoughts by a soft knock on the door.

                "Who is it?" Heather called.

                "Umm, it's me."

                "Me, who? I don't know any ME's" Heather said as she got up and walked over to the door.

                "Me, Joey."

Heather's hand froze on the doorknob; ‘OMG, it's him!' she thought. She was jolted out of those thoughts by Joey's voice.

                "Umm, you gonna let me in or what?" He asked.

                "Oh, yeah sorry bout that." Heather said as she opened the door.

                "Hi!" He said cheerfully.

                "Hi" Heather said as she stepped aside to let him enter her dressing room.

                ‘God, he smells good.'        "So what brings you to my neck of the woods?"

                "Well, I just wanted to stop in and say Hi, I just realized that you and I never have gotten the chance to talk and get to know one another." He said as he looked into her eyes making her weak in the knees as he did so.     

"Ok, so sit and let's talk." She said as she gestured toward the couch.

                "I don't want to meddle in your business, but are you ok?"

                "Huh? Oh yea, I'm fine, just my allergies acting up." She said as she wiped her eyes dry hoping he didn't see that she was lying.

                "Oh. So tell me about your self." Joey said as he settled himself on her couch.

                "Well, what do you want to know?"

                "Everything."

                "Well, let's see, I am from Louisville, Kentucky, I am 23 years old, Like singing, music, Shakespeare, collecting Superman stuff-"

                "What? You like Superman and Shakespeare?" Joey interrupted.

                "Yes."

                "What is your favorite play?"

                "MacBeth".

                "You're lying."

                "No, I'm dead serious." Heather said as she reached into her bag and handed him her tattered copy.

                "And you said you liked Superman?"

                "Yup."

                "I can't get over that, I'm sorry it's just so neat."

                "Yeah, I guess, I never really think about it, since I have been collecting for a long time now."

                "Really, how long?"

                "Nine years, give or take."

                "Cool."

                "Yeah, I guess."

Just there was a loud knock at the door.

                "Hey, is Joey in there?"  Chris asked.

                "Yeah, I'm in here Chris. What do you need?"

                "Sound check in five minutes!"

                "O.K. I'll be there in a minute.    Well it looks like I have to go, do you think we could go out clubbing tonight and finish our conversation?"

                "Sure! I had planned on going out anyway to celebrate."

                "Oh, yeah your tour and your album. Lance told me about it, Congratulations!"

                "Thanks! I'll see you after the show."

                "Ok, see ya then! Bye!" Joey called as he walked out the door.

                "Bye!"

Sighing Heather laid back down to try and resume her nap; just then there was a knock at the door.

                "Who is it now!" she yelled.

                "Whoa! Calm down it's just me, Jill."

                "Oh, hey come on in, I don't think that I am going to be getting that nap after all."

                "Oh, I'm sorry, but was I seeing things or did Joey just come out of here?"

                "No, you are not seeing things cause yes he did just come out of here."

                "What brought him here?"

                "Got me. Now it makes me wonder, he hasn't noticed me all this time, who put him up to coming in here."         Heather said looking suspiciously at Jill.

                "I don't know, I don't think anyone does."

                "Yeah, right! Now, tell me what did you and Lance promise him to get him to come visit me?"

                "We didn't do anything! So would you stop accusing me of something I didn't do!" Jill yelled.

                "O.K., sorry." Heather said as she put up her hands in defeat.

                "It's o.k."

                "I just can't figure out why he would want to come ‘see' me after all of this time."

                "Why not?"

                "Well, because I'm no big deal, that's why!"

                "Oh, you are gonna get it!" Jill yelled as she ran towards Heather.

                "Hey!" Heather protested as she began to run around the room.              

                "Got ya!" Jill yelled as she grabbed Heather on her sides.

                "Now you are gonna get it!" Heather yelled as she tackled Jill.

The girls where so busy wrestling that they didn't hear the door open, until Lance's voice boomed.

                "What in the hell do you think you all are doing?!"

                "Fighting, what does it look like?" Jill answered slightly annoyed.

                "Looks like every guys fantasy to me" Joey said from the doorway.

                "OMG." Heather mumbled as she jumped up and began to straighten her hair.

                "Hi, to you too." Joey said laughing.

                "Hey, Joey, What are you doing back?"

                "I came  to escort you to sound check."         

                "I thought that you all had a radio interview?"

                "Nah, that's J.C. and Justin's job today."

                "Oh, ok." Heather said as she grabbed her towel and bottle of water from her bag.

                "Ready?" Lance asked Jill.

                "Yup, as soon as the two lovebirds are."

                "What love birds?" Heather asked.

                "You and Joey!" she yelled as she bolted from the room-pulling Lance with her.

                "Well, you ready?" Joey asked holding out his arm to her.

                "Ready as I'll ever be." Heather said as she linked her arm with his.

As they walked into the stadium, Heather gave out a low whistle,

                "Damn, this place is bigger than I thought."

                "Yeah, but I think you can get the crowd jumpin' for us."          

                "And how do you know that, you have never seen me perform before."

                "No, but from what I have heard, I mean your album going platinum and that article about you in the Times, a man kinda draws his own conclusions ya know?"

                "Yeah, well hey, the stage awaits. See you after sound check?"

                "Yup, I'm gonna stay and watch and then you can escort me and Nakita to Meet and Greet."

                "Oh, I can, can I? When were you gonna ask my opinion on that matter?"

                "After sound check, but now is as good a time as any, don't you think?"

                "Yeah, I guess." She answered as she gazed into his eyes.

                "HEATHER! Sometime this millennium!" Lanced yelled.

                "Oh, well I better go see ya later!"

                "K" Joey said as he made his way down the aisle behind Heather as he took his place on the front row.

                Heather glanced at him nervously as she began to warm up her voice.

                "Ready?" she called out.

                "Yup!" chorused her dancers.

                "O.K., 1,2,3...GO!"

                Just then a funky beat, began blaring from the speakers and with that Heather and her dancers sprang into action.

                "It's almost midnight and you still aren't by my said my mind keeps racing wondering where you could beeee...." Heather sang.

                "Sounds good doesn't she?" Lance said as he leaned toward Joey.

                "Yes, she does and she looks good too!" Joey said as he eyed Heather's gyrating body.

                "Tsk, Tsk, Joey. Is that all you ever think about?"

                "No, but can I help if I notice her fine physical attributes?"

                "Well, I guess not" Lance said as he went back to his paper work.

                "Hey by the way, I took your advice and stopped by her dressing room, but when I did,  it looked like she was in there crying."

                "Wait, she was crying?" Lance asked interrupting Joey.

                "Yeah, I don't know what about, she didn't say. She just told me her allergies were acting up."

                "Hmm, that's weird, but finish what you were saying."

                "Oh, yeah, so I knocked on the door and she asked who it was, I told her, then she let me in. Then I told her, how I just came to realize that I hadn't gotten to know her and that I wanted to so I asked her to tell me about herself."

                "So, she told you?"

                "Yeah, just the basics, but we are going out tonight to finish the conversation and to celebrate her record and tour thing."

                "Oh, cool!"

                "Yup, wanna come?"

                "Sure, any of the other guys going?"

                "Yeah, J.C. and Jill are going, can you believe them two are getting married?"

                "I know and no I can't."

                "So, anyway, Chris, Justin and Britney are also going."

                "Oh, cool. When?"

                "Probably like an hour or so after the show, so that everyone will have time to shower and change."

                "Cool, I can't wait that gives me something to look forward too.  Booze and Women, life is grand!" Lance said mocking something Joey had once said.

                "Oh, shut up!" He said poking Lance in the ribs.          

                "Oh, so did Kelly say ‘yes' to your proposal."

                "No. I am not to sure I am gonna ask her."

                "Why not?"

                "Things haven't been going to well for us lately and I have been considering ending it, it's just it is so hard after all of these years ya know?"

                "I totally understand. So what are you gonna do about Heather?"

                "I don't know, I really like her A LOT, but I don' t know I am just so confused!" Joey said as he put his head in his hands.

                "I am sure that you will figure it out. Just go with your heart" Lance said wisely.

                "Yeah..." Joey's voice trailed off as he got lost in his own prison of thoughts.

After they had finished, Joey and Lance bounded up onto the stage,

                "Great Job, That is the best rehearsal yet!" Lance said as he walked up to Heather and the dancers.

                "Thanks! That's a wrap guys, go rest up, see ya in a few hours!" Heather said as all of her dancers filed off of the stage, except Jill.

                "So, ready for Meet and Greet?" Joey asked Heather

                "Yeah, just as soon as I get showered and changed."

                "O.K, well I will meet you in your dressing room in a half hour."

                "O.K." Heather said pouting.

                "What's wrong?" Joey asked as he raised her face to meet his.

She jumped at his touch,

                "Nothing, just thought you would want to escort me back to my dressing room that's all."

                "Oh, I would but, I need to talk with Lance about some things."

                "You do?" Lance asked in surprise.

                "Yes!" Joey said casting Lance a sidelong glance.        "I do."

                "O.K, well see ya!" Heather said she grabbed Jill's arm and ran off of the stage.

                "What was that all about?"

                "I wanted a little time to fix myself up too!" Joey protested.

                "I swear, you are worse than any woman!"

                "Well, that's not the only reason I wanted to have some alone time."

                "Oh." Lance said as he diverted his glance back down to his notes for tonight.

                "What are you thinking Lance?"

                "I am thinking that you are gonna break that girls heart and then I am gonna have to break you."

                "Lance you are crazy!" Joey said laughing.

                "Maybe, but remember I did warn you" Lance said giving him his most serious look.

                "I promise, I won't hurt her. This time It will be different" Joey said.

                "Yeah, right. But we shall see, just be careful and don't forget to tie up LOOSE ENDS" Lance emphasized.

                "Don't worry I got it all under control" Joey said as he jogged off toward the dressing rooms.

                ‘ Why can't I stop this feeling that I have' Lance thought as he walked in the same direction that Joey had.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey