Joey got to his place side stage, right as Heather began her first song and the title track, ‘Secrets and Lies'. As she did her side turn she came face to face with Joey's smiling face. ‘Omg' she thought, ‘He is really here to see me perform, god I love him'.   After the last song was sung Heather made her way over to Joey,

                "Hey there handsome" she greeted him as she kissed him softly on the lips.

                "Hey" he whispered as he pressed his lips back onto hers as his tongue parted her waiting lips. He moaned as he felt her warm, sultry mouth envelop it.

                "Don't you think we should save this for later?" Heather asked as she pulled away from him.

                "Sounds good to me" he said as he kissed her one final time.

                "Oh, would you guys cut it out! You talk about me and J.C." Jill said as she rolled her eyes.

Heather and Joey began laughing along with Jill as they made their way back toward their dressing rooms.

                "Well I guess I will see you on stage tonight." Heather said as they reached her dressing room.

                "Yup." Joey said as a smile crossed his lips.

                "What?"

                "Oh, nothing you will see." He said as he gave her a good-bye kiss.        "See ya later, babe!"

                "Bye, sweetie, later." Heather said as she entered her dressing room. Sighing she flopped back onto her couch with a big smile on her face.

                "Uh oh, looks like someone is in love." Jill said teasingly.

                "So what of it?"

                "Nothing, I am just glad to see you two together, cause I know how much he means to you."

                "Yeah, hey did I show you what he bought me today?"

                "No, you didn't."

                "Oh well here." Heather said as she extended her right hand out to Jill, so that she would be able to view the ring.

                "Oh my god! Girl would you look at the size of that thing! Damn, I thought the one J.C. gave me was huge, it looks like a chip compared to yours." Jill said as she examined the ring more closely.

                "Oh, please at least you know that you and J.C. are gonna get married this is just a ‘will you be my girlfriend ring'"

                "Well if this is the ‘girlfriend' ring, I can't wait to see what the fiancée' ring is gonna look like."

                "Oh, who said we are getting married?" Heather asked as she gathered her stuff.

                "Me, I just have a feeling that's all."

                "You are right but for now I am gonna put no pressure on him about anything I am just going to enjoy just being with him. Well see you in a few, are you going out front for the show?"

                "Yup, I wouldn't miss it for the world so see ya in 15?"

                "Yup, see ya then." Heather said as she made her way toward the showers as she started to walk away she paused, turning back around she saw that Joey was still there as she looked deep into his eyes she said,

                "I love you." And with that she was gone.

                "I love you, too" Joey whispered as he watched her sashay down the hall. As he turned to go he came face to face with Lance.

                "Hey, Lance, What's up?"

                "Don't what's up me, you cheap son of a bitch."

                "What the fuck are you talking about?" Joey asked anger rising in his voice.

                "The ring."

                "Yeah, so?"

                "So! Damn it, Joey what were you thinking?"

                "What do you mean? I wanted her to be my girlfriend and I love her so I wanted her to have a ring to represent that love."

                "So I saw," Lance said as he face began to redden with anger.

                "Yeah, so what does this have to do with you?"

                "Well in case you haven't gotten it by now, I am in love with her."

                "What!"

                "Yeah, Joe, I love Heather I mean Love her."

                "So?"

                "So, what Joe?"

                "So, what are you gonna do about it?"

                "Nothing."

                "Nothing! I at least think you owe it to her to tell her."

                "Why? I know she loves you she said so just 5minutes ago."

                "Yeah, well I still think she has a right to know" Joey said.

                "Yeah, maybe but how am I gonna tell her that?"

                "Tell me what?" Heather asked walking up behind Joey, putting her arms around his waist.

                "That Lance needs to talk to you" Joey said as he took Heather's hands from around his waist.  Heather shot him an odd look but nodded ‘O.K.'

                "See you in a while." Joey said as he softly kissed Heather, giving Lance one long, last look he walked away.

                "So what did you want to talk to me about?" Heather asked as she adjusted the ring that Joey had given her.

                "Well, god how do I say this."

                "What is it Lance? Has something happened?"

                "Yeah something has happened."

                "Well, what is it?"

                "Heather?"

                "Yes?"

                "I have fallen in love with you."

Shock filled Heather's face as the words that Lance had spoken to her sunk in.

                "What did you just say?"

                "I said that I love you."

                "You sick son of a bitch! Where the hell do you get off saying a thing like that?"

                "What the hell? What do you mean?"

                "I mean, why are you doing this?"

                "Doing what?"

                "Trying to break me and Joey up."

                "I am not trying to break you all up."

                "Good, cause I am not going to let you. I love him Lance more than anyone on this earth and I love you too, but not like you love me and oh god Lance, I am so sorry." Heather said as she buried her head in her hands and let the tears flow.

                "Oh, Heather I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry."

                "No, it's ok. I just have one question?"

                "What?"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

                "I don't know why?"

                "Because, Lance I wanted to be with you when we first met, but now all that has changed, cause you lied to me and told me you loved me like a sister and now its too late for us. And that makes me sad, cause we might have been good together." Heather said her voice barely above a whisper.

                "Yeah, well I guess I fucked up didn't I?"

                "Yeah, you did, but are we going to be ok?"

                "Yes, I still love you sisterly or otherwise, but that doesn't change our friendship or our working relationship."

                "Good." Heather said as she hugged him to her and kissed him softly on the cheek.   Lance breathed in her scent, as he etched this moment into his memory. Just then Joey walked up and said,

                "Hey, Lance, its time for hackey."

                "O.K. I am on my way."

                "Go, I will see you on stage. Joey?"

                "Yes, Heather."

                "Can you spare thirty seconds?"

                "Yes. See you in there, Lance." Joey followed Lance's retreating form until it disappeared around the corner.

                "What do you need sweetie?"

                "I just wanted to let you know that I love you." Heather said as she drew him in for a long, sweet, passionate kiss.

                "I love you too." Joey said as he hugged her to him.    ‘Thank you God' he thought as he cast his eyes skyward.          "Well, babe I gotta go"

                "O.K. I will see you on stage."

                "O.K. Bye baby."

                "Bye, sweetheart." Heather said as she watched him walked down the hallway admiring his endowments.

                "Caught ya!" a voice from behind her, said.

                "What the-?" Heather jumped as she turned to see Jill standing behind her.           "Oh, hi."

                "Hey, ready to go see our men shake their groove thangs?"

                "Hell yeah!" Heather said as she and Jill ran down the hall, into the arena and to their seats.

                "Damn, I still can't get over Joey and this ring he gave you." Jill said as she took Heather's hand to examine the ring yet again.

                "Well I can't get over Lance telling me that he had fallen in love with me."

                "What?"

                "That was my thought exactly."

                "A little late isn't he?"

                "Yeah, just a little."

                "Did you tell him?"

                "Yeah, I did and he looked so damn sad, that I just wanted to hold him and tell him that I love him too, but I don't I love Joey and I know and hope he loves me."

                "Oh, girl trust me he does. You are all he talked about in that dressing room and he paced and paced when you were out there with Lance, that's why J.C. had him go get him for hackey."

                "Really? What did he say about me?"

                "Uh, you are not gonna get that outta me."

                "Oh come on Jill."

Heather never did hear her response, because, Jill's voice was drowned out by the roar of the crowd as *NSYNC took the stage


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour joey