Story Notes:
this is another fic about justin & nicole. nicole is my original character, please do not take it.
Author's Chapter Notes:
bold typed is background info.
Justin sat on the couch writing a new song. He could barely focus because he was worried about Nicole. He knew where she was but couldn’t keep the sadness from forming a lump in his throat.

See, her & Justin met 3 ½ years ago when they were at a charity event. It was to raise money for programs for kids with special needs. Nicole herself was born with a mild form of Cerebral Palsy.

Recently, Nicole’s new boyfriend Rick had dumped her. She had no place to go so Justin offered for her to stay at his place. She was reluctant at 1st, not wanting to impose, but eventually said yes. After all, she had no choice.

Now, they’ve been living together for a month. Over the last week, Nicole had gotten drunk several times to ease her pain she felt from the breakup. Justin felt horrible but she would brush him off if he talked to her about it.

A year ago, they were in the same situation. She was suffering from a broken heart because of her ex John. This time around, Justin knew he couldn’t let her slip into another depression from this new jerk Rick. She barely made it out last time.


'She's too good of a person to be put through all this pain all the time' Justin thought.
---
Soon, in the middle of writing, there was a knock on the door & he answered it.

It was JC carrying a drunk Nicole. “She was at the club again.”

“Thanks, man. I’d’ve come get her but the 1st time I tried that, she hit me & almost didn’t come home.” Justin took her & softly said in a soothing voice, “C’mon, Baby. Let’s get you cleaned up & get you some rest.”

JC watched for a small moment, noticing how gently Justin moved Nicole as so not to hurt her legs. Justin was always caring with Nicole, not because of her disability, but because he truly cared about her. Tonight though, JC could see something extra in Justin’s blue eyes. It was a gaze mixed with pain, sadness but also...love. JC just hoped the 2 in front of him realized it before it was too late.

He quietly slipped out, closing the apartment door & leaving.
---
Justin got Nicole settled in her room when she softly cried, “I’m sorry I’m such a mess, Justin.”

“Shhh....it’s not your fault. Now, just get some rest, it’ll all be ok.” He quietly added once he was out of the room, “I promise you, you WILL be ok.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story