NEXT DAY Nicole had a bad hangover; her body never dealt right with alcohol due to her condition but that didn’t stop her from drinking.

She ridded the alcohol from her body as Justin heart-wrenchingly listened. She refused to let him take care of her so he was reduced to pacing in the living room. After she was done, not saying a word, she got dressed.

“I’m going to the gym,” she announced, fully dressed & walking out the front door. She did this after every time she was drunk. She acted like nothing happened & went to the gym to work on a punching bag.

Justin was forced to sit there & not be able to help. He figured it was good that she took her anger out on a bag but it killed him that she wouldn’t take his help like she used to.

When she started getting drunk, he had tried helping, talking to her, but she had just gotten more furious so he didn’t want to push her anymore.
---
A few hours later, Nicole was still gone & Justin paced in front of the TV as JC sat on the couch.

“And she acts if nothing happened! After she’s just gotten sick!”

JC watched his concerned friend, who over the years had become more like a brother, pace. “Man, I know you're worried, I am too. Same with Chris, Lance & Joey. But you just need to give her time. She knows you’re here for her, she just needs to sort her pain before she explains it to you. You know she has a hard time explaining things.” JC still couldn’t stop Justin from pacing. “She wears her heart on her sleeve but she gets scared; you know that.”

“Yeah, I know.” Justin plopped down next to him, feeling drained & defeated. “She’s always been able to talk to me - about anything. Anything,” he whispered; his head hung low.

JC put a hand on the man’s shoulder. He’d always looked out for Justin, all 5 *NSYNC guys looked out for each other & their friends. He knew it killed him to see the woman he loved hurt. “I know, Buddy, I know.”

“She came to us last time something like this happened, ya know? She was sorta dealing with what John did but she was so lost so fast. I was surprised that our music could help her that much but then we talked ‘bout it." There was slight anger at the mention of John's name. "One night on tour, she said that without us she’d be even more lost & after that I spent endless hours with her.”

Both men smiled at the memories of Nicole slowly opening up & becoming 1 of their best friends. She hung out with all 5 former members of *NSYNC & was always a good listener & best friend when they needed 1.

“And then, this happens only a year later, & I slowly watch her begin to slip away again. I should've known she couldn't trust Rick. She just wasn't ready,” Justin continued. He barely whispered audibly, “she always said she was afraid of slipping back into that dark place again, JC. I should’ve recognized the signs as soon as she started looking run down. She became self-conscience again a few weeks after they started dating...but I didn’t notice.”

JC looked thoughtfully at his tired friend. “It wasn't your fault, man. It was both jerks & I’d cream both if I had the chance.”

All 5 men of *NSYNC knew Nicole had been in a horrible relationship with John. And now Rick cheated on her & ruined everything.

”I think it’s time you tell her you love her, Justin.”

“Yeah but I have to do it carefully. She’s so afraid right now & I don’t blame her but I can't let her go. She needs to know I’M not goin’ anywhere.”
---
2 DAYS LATERNicole showed up very angry at JC’s place. He knew she’d be angry at what him & the guys were helping Justin plan.

“WHAT were you guys thinking?!” she shouted coming into the kitchen.

“What are you talking about?” He knew what was going on but thought it best to stay silent.

“You know exactly what I’m talking about. I don't know what you & Justin are planning but when I find out...”

“You'll just have to follow whatever Justin said & see what happens.”

She turned, stormed to the front door & left. JC had a mixed look on his face. ”Man, I hope he can pull this off.”he thought.
Chapter End Notes:
ooooo what's justin planning to prove his love? read to find out!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story