Author's Chapter Notes:
*language warning for 1 word*
THAT NIGHT, Justin asked his mom Lynn to stay with Nicole. He said him & the guys had to get some recording done.

“We have to do this carefully, man,” Joey said when they were all in Lance’s van.

“Yeah, we’re all angry at what he did but you have to be cool. We don’t want more trouble,” Chris told Justin.

The 5 men, with 5 big guards, walked up to the apartment door & knocked.

“Well, who do we have here?” John asked opening it. “Nicole sent her pretty boys to do her dirty work. Did she come whining to you, too?”

“Apparently, we’re the only ones who care about her,” Lance answered. “You obviously don’t.”

“Hey, I put up with that B**** for 2 years. She’s your problem now.”

At this comment, Justin grabbed for the guy but JC & Lonnie held him back. “DON’T EVER SAY ANYTHING ABOUT HER AGAIN!”

“Easy, J. Back up a step,” Lonnie told him quietly.

“Yeah, you don’t want to break something,” John threatened.

“That’s it, guys, we aren’t getting through. Let’s go,” JC reasoned.

“One thing though,” John sneered as they walked away. “Tell little Nicole she deserved everything she got that night.”

This time all the members of the group lunged forward. Gage, another guard, grabbed John & hissed, “Listen to what they say & STAY AWAY from her.”

“Fine, dude. I could care less.”

Once they were back at the bus & getting out of the car, JC whispered to Justin. “Calm down, Bro. She can't see you worked up.”

“I know,” the other boy sighed.

THE FOLLOWING DAY, the boys were called into their manager's office.

“You’re good kids. Some of our best. But do you want to explain why you cancelled 3 gigs to stay here?” Johnny Wright asked.

“Well, Johnny “,” Lance began.

“We were “,” Joey cut him off.

“We had to help her,” Chris said quickly.

“Help who?” Johnny asked.

“Um our friend Nicole,” JC answered.

“The girl you guys met at the conference awhile ago?”

“Yes. She was in trouble & we were the only ones who could help.”

“Why are you the only ones who can help? If she’s in trouble she should go to the police.”

“Johnny, Nicole was beat up by her boyfriend. She was scared & didn’t have anywhere to go,” Justin said, speaking for the 1st time since they got there. “She wakes up crying every night & she feels safe with us. My mom said Nicole will be fine physically, she just needs to know she has people who care.”

“Lynn knows about this?” Johnny asked them.

“Yeah, we needed help the night we found Nicole because she wouldn’t let anyone move her except Justin. And then last night when we saw the boyfriend, he threatened Nicole...” Joey blurted out.

“What do you mean saw him? He found you guys?”

“No. We “ uh “ we wanted to make sure he stayed away from her so...we took a few of the guards to his apartment. We didn’t get in a fight. We just talked,” JC supplied.

“You do know he can come back, right?” Johnny watched the guys nod. “Well, at least you’re all alright. Go back to the bus & pack. Nicole can stay with you if she wants but you have shows to get to so she’ll need a bag too.”

The 5 boys got up to leave. As they opened the office door, they saw Nicole listening.

“What do you mean you talked to John?” she asked; tears in her voice. She was absolutely terrified of that guy now.

“Come on, Nic. We’re going to go get some food. Chinese “ your favorite,” Joey said, trying to get her on another subject.

“What do you mean you talked to John?” she repeated.

“Sweetheart, we just wanted to keep you safe,” JC answered.

“Yeah, we hate seeing you hurt,” Chris commented.

“And you?” she asked in anger at Justin. “Y-You could’ve gotten hurt by him & - & it’d be my fault!”

“No, no, Baby. We had guards, we were perfectly alright.”

“But “ but he’s dangerous! He could’ve killed you.”

“He wasn't going to,” Lance chimed in.

“They’re right,” Justin said.

“I’m leaving “ for good,” Nicole announced & started to turn.

AN: ha, a cliffhanger. im so evil lol


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story