Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's a late night post for me ... I just got back from The Wedding's concert here in Texas, and it was fantastic, and I'm hyped - my ears are ringing and I got stepped on and I got to meet the guys (although few words were exchanged, I did shake Trevor and the Matts' hands [Cody and Adam were distracted]) - so you guys get the next chapter.
Chapter Twelve 

 

May 2011

 

Emma couldn’t believe it after a year of planning and an 18 month engagement the day was finally here, and she was relieved yet excited.  Justin was going to be hers – forever.

 

Justin’s heart swelled when he saw Emma at the end of the aisle with her father.  This was the first moment of the rest of his life, and he was so happy to have Emma by his side for it.  She looked perfect, and she was all his.

 

Emma and her father made their way down the aisle and stopped just short of Justin.  His smile lit up his face, and Emma couldn’t help but smile either. 

 

“We are gathered here today in the sight of God and angels, and the presence of friends and loved ones, to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, to give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, and to add our best wishes and blessings to the words which shall unite Justin Randall Timberlake and Emma Leigh Sarver in holy matrimony.

 

“Marriage is a most honorable estate, created and instituted by God, signifying unto us the mystical union, which also exists between Christ and the Church; so too may this marriage be adorned by true and abiding love.

 

“Who is it that brings this woman to this man?”

 

“Her mother and I,” Doug said.  He kissed Emma’s cheek and placed her hand in Justin’s waiting one.  Doug squeezed Justin’s shoulder and then sat down next to Karen.

Together they turned to face the minister.  Justin squeezed her hand and let it go.

 

“Justin and Emma life is given to each of us as individuals, and yet we must learn to live together. Love is given to us by our family and friends. We learn to love by being loved. Learning to love and living together is one of life's greatest challenges and is the shared goal of a married life.

 

“But a husband and wife should not confuse love of worldly measures for even if worldly success is found, only love will maintain a marriage. Mankind did not create love; love is created by God. The measure of true love is a love both freely given and freely accepted, just as God's love of us is unconditional and free.

 

“Today truly is a glorious day the Lord has made - as today both of you are blessed with God's greatest of all gifts - the gift of abiding love and devotion between a man and a woman. All present here today - and those here in heart - wish both of you all the joy, happiness and success the world has to offer.

 

“As you travel through life together, I caution you to remember that the true measure of success, the true avenue to joy and peace, is to be found within the love you hold in your hearts. I would ask that you hold the key to your heart very tightly.

 

“Within the Bible, nothing is of more importance than love. We are told the crystalline and beautiful truth: “God is Love.”  We are assured that “Love conquers all.”  It is love, which brings you here today, the union of two hearts and two spirits. As your lives continue to interweave as one pattern, remember that it was love that brought you here today, it is love that will make this a glorious union, and it is love which will cause this union to endure.

 

“Would you please face each other and join hands?”

 

Emma turned to Justin and smiled as he weaved his fingers through hers.  His eyes always sparkled when he was looking at her, but not like they were at that moment.  She squeezed his hands.

 

“Justin, do you take Emma whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded wife, and do you covenant to be true to her, to love, cherish and protect her, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?”

 

“I do.”


“Emma, do you take Justin whom you hold by the hand to be your lawfully wedded husband, covenanting to be true to him, to love, cherish, and honor him, in sickness and in health, in poverty or in wealth, until death do you part?”

“I do.”

 

“Can I have the rings please?”  The minister asked.  Fee handed Justin’s ring to him, and Trace handed Emma’s to him.  “Thank you.”

“Wedding rings are an outward and visible sign of an inward spiritual grace, signifying to all the uniting of this man and this woman in marriage.”  He handed the first ring to Justin.


“I, Justin, take you Emma, to be my wife, before God who brought us together; to love and cherish you even as Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it, to lead you and share all of life's experiences with you by following God through them. That through His grace, Emma, we might grow together into the likeness of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.”  Justin spoke, while he slipped the wedding band, which matched her engagement ring, onto her finger.

 

Emma took Justin’s ring in her hand.

“And with this ring, I, Emma, take you, Justin, to be my husband, before God who brought us together, to love you, cherish you, to submit myself unto you in all things, and to follow you through all of life's experiences as you follow God. That through His grace, Justin, we might grow together into the likeness of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.”  Emma said as she placed his ring on his finger.

“Justin and Emma as the two of you come into this marriage uniting you as husband and wife, and as you this day affirm your faith and love for one another, I would ask that you always remember to cherish each other as special and unique individuals, that you respect the thoughts, ideas and suggestions of one another. Be able to forgive, do not hold grudges, and live each day that you may share it together - as from this day forward you shall be each other's home, comfort and refuge, your marriage strengthened by your love and respect.

 

“Dear heavenly Father, our hearts are filled with great happiness on Justin and Emma’s wedding day, as they come before You pledging their hearts and lives to one another. Grant that they may be ever true and loving, living together in such a way as to never bring shame or heartbreak into their marriage. Temper their hearts with kindness and understanding, rid them of all pretense of jealousy. Help them to remember to be each other's sweetheart, helpmate, friend and guide, so that together they may meet the cares and problems of life more bravely. And with the passage of time, may the home they are creating today, truly be a place of love and harmony, where your spirit is ever present.  Bless this union we pray, and walk beside Justin and Emma throughout all their lives together. We ask these things in Jesus name, Amen.

 

“Please join us as we say the words our Savior taught us:  Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.  They kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.  Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from all evil.  For the kingdom, the power and the glory are Yours, now and forever.  Amen.”

 

Their wedding guests said the prayer along with them.

 

“Justin and Emma in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, the giving of these rings and the joining of your hands, I now declare you to be husband and wife.


“May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. May the Lord lift up his countenance unto you, and give you peace. Congratulations, you may kiss your bride.”

 

Justin didn’t hesitate to wrap his arms around her and kiss her, hard.

 

“I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Justin Randall Timberlake.”

 

Justin kissed her cheek as he pulled away.  Emma was all smiles.  He took her hand and they started to walk down the aisle.  Emma had to stop and hug her parents and Trevor as well as Justin’s parents before they walked the rest of the way.

 

“Nice tattoo,” Justin smirked when they got into the foyer of the church.  He had been surprised to see that it wasn’t covered.  His fingers traced over it.

 

“Thanks.  I’m sure Gran is up in arms about it.”  Emma smiled.  She was on air.  “I didn’t cover it because I know you have a strange fascination with it.” 

 

“I do.”  Weaving his fingers through hers, Justin stepped back to check her out.  “My beautiful, beautiful wife.”  He didn’t think it was possible, but he was falling in love with her all over again.  He sure hoped to have that feeling every day for the rest of their lives.

 

Emma stepped back toward him, and he happily pulled her closer to his body.  They didn’t have a lot of time to themselves before guests started to come out of the sanctuary and they had to greet them.

 

For 30 minutes they accepted hugs and congratulations, until it was time to take pictures.  The immediate family as well as Trace and Fee stayed while the rest of their guests headed out.  They would see them in another hour or so at The Music Hall for the reception.

 

It was on the way to the reception when Emma finally sat back and breathed.  It had already been a long day, and it certainly was not over yet.  Justin wrapped his arm around her shoulder, and she snuggled up against him. 

 

“You wanna know something?”  Justin asked.

 

“What’s that?”  Placing her right hand on his left shoulder, Emma turned a little so she could look into his eyes.

 

“When I saw you walking down that aisle Emma, man … I just wanted to drop down on my knees in thanksgiving.  You looked like an angel.  God has blessed me good.” 

 

“Good, huh?”  She smirked at his grammar. 

 

“Very good.”  He kissed her.  “I can’t believe you’re my wife.” 

 

“I can’t believe you’re my husband.”  Emma’s eyes shown.  “I fell in love again.”

 

“So did I.”  Justin ran his fingers over her cheek.  “You ready to party?”

 

“I’m ready to eat.  I haven’t eaten much at all today,” she answered. 

 

“You trying to pass out on me?”  He teased.

 

“No.  I was avoiding throwing up all over you.”  Justin laughed.  “I am so happy right now Justin.”  She felt like she was looking at him like she had never seen him before.

 

“Me too.”  He knew just what she was saying.  The limo pulled into the lot at The Music Hall and parked by the door.  “Our public awaits.”

 

“Yeah.”  Emma said unenthusiastically.  She really was excited to go in and see their families again.  Emma kissed him just as the door opened.  Justin slid out of the limo and turned to help Emma out.  She grabbed her dress so it wouldn’t drag on the concrete. 

 

“Got it?”  Justin asked.  Emma nodded and put her free hand in his.  She placed her feet on the ground and got out.  They met Jill at the door.

 

“Right on time,” she said looking at her watch.  One thing they had learned about their wedding planner is that she was a stickler for being on time.  “Congratulations again you guys.”

 

“Thanks for everything if I don’t get a chance to tell you later,” Emma said.

 

“No problem.”  Jill smiled.  “You guys go on in.”  She held the door open for them.

 

When Justin and Emma walked inside, JB, who owned The Music Hall and had been recruited to be in charge of music and sound for the night, announced them.  There were some hoots and hollers, and clapping from their guests as the two came in.

 

The Music Hall had been transformed from the cinderblock state that it normally was in, with black fabric hanging from the vault in the ceiling and flowing down the walls to the floor, hiding the exposed steel beams and bland cinderblock.  Underneath the fabric on the ceiling there were twinkle lights, and teal and white lights had been placed every ten feet against the walls allowing the fabric to slightly change colors.

 

Round tables had been set up with white table cloths and two teal table runners crossed over each other in the center.  Low floral arrangements of teal, black and white roses were placed in the center and surrounded by white tea light candles.

 

The stage had been removed and to the left of where it usually was, a long table had been set up where the food was going to be served with the cakes on one end. 

 

They made their way to the front near the food table where space had been left open for dancing.  When the beginning notes of the song they were going to have their first dance to started, Emma smiled.  She had let Justin pick the song so she did not know what it would be, but she was pleasantly surprised.

 

“Good choice,” Emma sighed as she wrapped her arms around him.  Justin put his hands on her waist.

Hoping, praying, I've been waiting
Everybody needs somebody to love
There's no question, straight from heaven
You're my angel, I'm so crazy for you
 

“I knew you’d like it.”  He pulled her closer.  Justin had heard it a couple times when Emma would play dc Talk’s Supernatural CD, and she always pointed it out.  He had no doubt that she would like it.

 

You're a Godsend
A blessing from above
You've been God-sent to me
You're the Godsend
I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend

Holding your hand, touching your face
I will love you now and always I swear
I will never forget that first moment we met
When two worlds collided and I found my best friend

You're a Godsend
A blessing from above
You've been God-sent to me
You're the Godsend
I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend

I was made for you, you were made for me
In this lonely world, we were meant to be in love

“So will you dance dirty with me now?”  His lips were right next to her ear as he asked the question in reference to his birthday party a few months before.  Emma laughed.

 

“Mm … maybe later, when our grandparents aren’t watching.”  She placed a kiss on his ear as she said that.

 

“I like that.”  He knew, just as much as she did, that it still probably wouldn’t happen.  Emma would always be conservative, even with him now that they were married.

 

“Of course you do.”  Closing her eyes, Emma rested her head on his chest.  She held him and let him lead their first dance as husband and wife.  They were married now – that was a crazy thought.  He kissed the top of her head.

 

I will never forget that first moment we met
When two worlds, they crashed in
And I found my best friend

You're a Godsend
A blessing from above
You've been God-sent to me
You're the Godsend
I've been dreaming of
You're a Godsend

                                                                                            

After their dance, they talked with some of the guests before it was time to sit down and eat dinner.  While they were eating, Fee and Trace gave their toasts, and both got some laughs and applause with what they said about their friends.  Emma enjoyed some of the things Trace had to say about Justin, and the same went for Justin with what Fee had said.

 

When dinner had been eaten along with more socializing, it was time to cut the cake.

 

“The cake is too pretty to eat.”  Emma looked at it.  The wedding cake was a simple, modern, square three-tiered cake with teal-colored frosting and a band of black frosting around the bottom of each tier, while the groom’s cake was shaped like a treble clef with black frosting.

 

“It can’t stay like that forever,” Justin smirked.  He picked up the knife they were going to use to cut it up.  “Let’s do this thing.”  Emma nodded and put her hand on his.  Together they easily sliced through the cake.  She grabbed one of the small plates that were there, and he put the piece on it. “Me first!  Me first!”

 

“You want to eat the cake or stuff it in my face first?”  Emma asked.  Justin laughed at her question and broke a piece off, holding it in front of her mouth.  Emma opened her mouth letting him put the piece in it.  He wiped frosting that was on his finger off on her nose.

 

She shook her head, picked up the rest of the slice and held it up to him.  Before he could react to the gesture, Justin had cake all over his nose, mouth and chin.  The bigger pieces fell to the floor.  Justin rolled his eyes and leaned down to kiss her.  He wrapped his arms around her and wouldn’t let her go when she tried to pull away.

 

“That’s some good cake.”  Justin grinned.  While he reached for a napkin to wipe off his face, he kept their bodies pressed together.  Justin cleaned off his face and then wiped hers.  He tapped her noise a couple of times and then kissed her again.  “I still love you, ya know.”

 

“I know.”  Emma smiled.  “I just couldn’t resist.” 

 

“Of course you couldn’t.”  Justin chuckled.  “Do you want a piece of this cake?”

 

“Actually, I want a piece of your cake,” Emma said as she eyed the music note-shaped chocolate cake.  He cut a generous sized piece and put it on the plate for her.  “I hope you plan on helping me with this.”  She held up the plate when he handed it to her.

 

“I will.”  He smiled.  They moved out of the way when Jill shooed them away so the caterers could cut the cake for everyone else.

 

Justin and Emma sat down at their table to eat the cake and enjoy each others’ company.  They talked quietly to themselves and shared a few kisses before being interrupted by Emma’s grandparents saying “bye.” 

 

The rest of the reception was spent talking and dancing.  And when they left, the two walked through a sea of bubbles on their way to the limo.  Emma curled up against Justin and dozed a little on the way to their destination.

 

Instead of going back to Emma’s house, which was full of houseguests, they had reserved a room at the Inn at Carnall Hall, which had once been a women’s dormitory on the University of Arkansas campus, for the night.  They were leaving for Italy the following afternoon. 

 

When they got to the Inn and into their room, both were surprised at how done up it was and all the goodies that were in the small space.  After the excitement had worn off, Emma sat down on the bed and looked up at him.

 

“I could fall asleep in this,” Emma stated.  He loved seeing her sitting there, on the bed, in her white dress, looking very sleepy yet beautiful. 

 

“At least put your pajamas on,” he suggested. 

 

“You’re gonna have to help me out then.”

 

“I was planning on it.”  Justin grinned.

 

“I’m sure you were.”  She smirked back.

 

Emma found her overnight bag and unzipped it.  On top were her pajama pants and tank top that she usually slept it.  She really hadn’t planned anything fancy for their first night together.  And she really was too tired to venture down that road for her first time, and Emma figured Justin wouldn’t push her.  She was still nervous though.

 

“Can you unzip me?”  She asked shyly.

 

“Sure.” Justin stood behind her and grabbed the zipper.  Before he pulled it down though, he placed a kiss in the middle of the cross on her back.  Something he had wanted to do since the first time he saw that tattoo.  He unzipped the dress slowly.  “There you go.”

 

“Thanks,” she stated and kept her back to him as she picked up the tank top.

 

Emma blushed as the dress fell a little when she pulled the tank top on over her head.  She turned a little to look at him as she pulled the dress down further so she would be able to step out of it to put on her pajama pants.  Justin was clearly enjoying what he saw; his new wife in just her tank top and panties.

 

When Emma saw the way he was looking at her, she turned even more red and then quickly pulled on the pajama bottoms.  Who knew she would be this shy about it.

 

“I need to put this away.”  She didn’t meet his eyes as she bent over to pick up the dress.  Emma put the dress on its hanger and into its bag.  Justin watched her walk across the room and hang it up in the closet.

 

“Come here,” he said quietly.  Emma met his eyes as she stepped into his waiting arms.  “You are so beautiful.  There is nothing to be shy about.”  He kissed her and his hands wandered to places she had not let them go before. 

 

Before she knew it, they were on the bed, and he was still exploring her soft skin with his fingers and his lips.  Emma let out a sigh and let her eyes fall closed.

 

“Are you gonna fall asleep on me?”  Justin whispered.

 

Keeping her eyes closed, she nodded.  Emma really liked what he was doing and the way he was making her feel, but she really was exhausted from the long day.

 

“Okay.”   He knew she was tired, so was he.  “I’ll be right back.”  Justin got up and disappeared into the bathroom.  When he came back into the room, Emma had already fallen asleep.  Quietly, he said, “Em, lift up, I’m gonna get the covers.” 

 

She barely moved, but he was able to pull down the bedding and then cover her back up before crawling under them next to her.  She rolled over and snuggled up against him as he put his arm around her.

 

Not exactly how he had ever pictured his wedding night, but it really had been a long day and sleeping sounded so good, especially next to Emma.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Someone asked me a while ago what Emma looked like, and I never did a great job describing her, but I now have a picture along with pictures of Trevor and Cody.  So here's the link: http://www.n-outsync.net/storyplans/BPOM/thewedding.html  ...

And please let me know what you think!!! Especially because they're married now. Yay! LOL.

And now I am going to bed.

EDIT: I forgot to put these links up for the ceremony text.
http://www.dfwx.com/master.html#vows
http://www.myweddingvows.com/exchange-of-rings/christian-exchange-of-rings

The song credit is "Godsend" by dc Talk. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story