Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took so long. i had writers block.
HOSPITAL It was 3 hours before Nicole was in recovery. The boys were finally told that she’d need a few months of physical therapy & she’d eventually heal.

They hated that because they’d have to leave to go back on tour. They would make sure to call everyday though. Soon, they were told they could see Nicole but only 1 at time.

“Why don’t you go 1st,” Joey told Justin. “She’d want you to see you 1st when she wakes up.”

Justin looked up at the men he considered brothers. He was paler than usual & he was fighting back tears. “Y-you guys 1st. She can't see me like this.”

They understood; they all knew how Nicole & Justin felt towards each other.

1 by 1, they told the unconscious girl to get better. It came down to Justin being the last boy. He walked on shaky legs into the white room.

There she was; looking so fragile & small in the big bed. Nicole was only a year younger than Justin, but she looked like a child while laying there. He pulled up a chair, hesitantly taking her hand. He didn’t want to cause her more pain than she was in.

He noticed she wore a back brace. Her legs were pointing toward the right as always due to the CP but something was different. Her muscle tone was gone, letting her legs lay loosely in their position. Some would think that was good that her muscles were loose but Justin knew better. He knew that meant she wouldn’t have the strength to move. He only hoped she gained the strength back once her back was healed.

Tears sprung into his eyes once more as he looked at her pale face. He brushed her cheek ever so lightly before speaking in a whisper. “Hey Baby Girl. Um, I don't know where to start so... I know you're in a lot of pain but I want you to know I’m here for you. The guys & I will have to tour again in a week but I will call to check on you everyday.”

Nicole remained sleeping.

“Anytime you need us, don’t be afraid to call. Day or night, we’ll answer. If you want to talk, cry, scream, I’ll listen. If you don’t, you can just listen. I’m sure Joey & Chris have some jokes,” he chuckled. “Ahem. Visiting hours are almost over so I’ll say this now, even if I have to repeat it when you're awake. We’ve known each other awhile & I’ve ignored how I felt because I thought it wouldn’t work with our lives. I love you, Nicole. I always have. You're the 1st one I think of when I get up & the last on my mind when I sleep. You're everything to me.”

Still holding her hand, Justin lay his head on the edge of the bed & silently prayed.
---
“Juuuuuuussssssttttiiiiinnn...” a soft voice called. He groaned but didn’t wake so the voice got louder.

As the calling continued, his eyes shot open at recognition. He focused on the girl sitting next to him. It was Nicole. “You're ok!” He hugged her realizing the fall was a nightmare.

“Bad dream?” she asked concerned. She didn’t mind still being in his embrace. It was a comfort to both of them to be so close.

“Yeah, but it’s ok now. Everything’s ok.”

“Good. C’mon, your mom made a huge dinner. If we don’t hurry, Joey will eat it all.”

He laughed, standing, & helping her up. “On the way, I have something to tell you. Something good.”

“Ok. I’m glad you're back. I missed you, Boy.”

“I missed you too, Angel.”

THE END
Chapter End Notes:
waz that a good endin?

Completed
MrsTimberlake18 is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked faces of angels also liked 42 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story