Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry its so long. More to come soon I'm just trying to figure somethings out so bare with me.
He fucking threw her out He fucking threw her out of their house What the hell ? I mean I knew he was going to be mad but not that mad. He hit her! I mean not the way she likes to be hit when I’m working her just right. He really hit her out of anger. I can’t believe he went off like that.

“You should have seen him Justin. He was so angry. I mean yeah I deserved it because I totally egged him on but I didn’t think he would actually hit me. I mean he never has before.” Juliet told me as she held an ice pack up to her cheek. I wanted to go over there. I wanted to deal with him but she wouldn’t let me. She made me promise not to do anything.

“He shouldn’t have laid a hand on you I mean its different than what we do. I WANNA KILL HIM ” I shout as I punch the wall in anger. I’m so pissed off at him. Yeah what we did was wrong and maybe Juliet did egg him on but you never hit a girl out of anger. This wasn’t my best friend. This wasn’t the Trace that I knew. But then again he could say the same thing about me.

“How did everything get so fucked up?” Juliet asked as she looked up at me with those gorgeous brown eyes.

“We should’ve just told him to begin with.” I sigh as I run my hand over my face. “We can’t take it back now.”

“Ugh...I need more ice.” Juliet said as she got up from my couch. I watched her knowing that I should have had more control when it came to her but I couldn’t help myself. I get jolted from my thoughts when the doorbell rings. I sigh wondering who could be over at my place. I meet Juliet’s eyes as I walk to the door. I shrug my shoulders indicating I don’t know who it could be.

“I can’t open that door. I can’t. If he wants to live I can’t open that door.” I mutter to Juliet as she presses the ice pack to her bruised cheek.

“Fine if you won’t then I will.” She mutters to me as she swings open the door. You think she’d at least be scared of the guy who just laid into her.

“Juliet....I came here to apologize.” Trace meeks out as he looks at her bruised cheek. I stand there watching her, trying to figure out what’s going on inside her mind. I don’t have to wonder much longer as she opens the door wider letting him into my house.

“I should apologize first. You know that Trace. You didn’t even give me a chance.” She sighs. I know she still loves him. Maybe not in love with him but she still loves him.

“Okay so I’ll listen to your apology and you can listen to mine.” Trace says with a sad smile refusing to look at me.

“Why does she have to go first?” I asked through gritted teeth. Yeah so we fucked up bad but I’ll be damned if he thinks he just treat Juliet any way he wants. Not in my house and not in my presence.

“She doesn’t have too.” I watch as he rolls his eyes at me.

“Justin. Stop.” Juliet says as she eyes me. “Let’s all go sit in the living room.” She suggests and I can’t help but follow her my hands clinched in fists at my sides.

“Okay so I’ll go first. Trace what we did was wrong. We know that. I should have broke up with you and then told you about my feelings for Justin. It all just happened so fast and its no excuse but we were growing apart. I know there are a million ways I could have broke it to you better. And me pushing you when I knew you were already pissed off was uncalled for. So I’m sorry. I’m sorry for cheating with Justin. I’m sorry for not telling you when it started. I’m sorry for causing that horrible scene today.” Juliet said in a very fast voice. I know it was hard for her. I couldn’t help it I reached over and took her hand in mine. I was just trying to comfort her but I knew I shouldn’t have done it when I looked over at Trace and saw the pain flicker across his face prompting me to let go of her hand.

“And I’m sorry for hitting you the way I did. I mean I asked you flat out when I already knew the answer and you lied to me. It set me off. Honestly you’re right, we did grow apart. However you didn’t tell me Jules. That’s what hurts if you had just told me instead of me trying to pull it out of you. I feel like the past three months since ya’ll have been back I’ve been trying to catch ya’ll. It was just too much for me. So I guess all I have to say is that I do forgive you Juliet for everything that happened because I was to blame too. It’s just going to take me awhile to get over the whole cheating thing but I hope we can at least stay friends because I would hate to lose a friend I’ve known since middle school.” Trace said as he looked down at his hands then finally at Juliet. I noticed though how his apology was only directed to Juliet. They both turned their eyes to me and I know they’re waiting for me to say something.

“Ugh...” I let out a sigh. What do I say? “I’m sorry man. I should have told you how I felt about Juliet. I should have let you know before anything happened on the tour. We were going to tell you. I promise you that. It’s just we were being pussies and we didn’t want to lose you as a friend. I understand if you never want to forgive me. But I can’t say that I regret falling in love with Jules. I also can’t say it doesn’t piss me off that you hit her. But I’m willing to forgive and forget if you are.” I tell him trying to get past my anger all because I promised Juliet I wouldn’t lay a hand on him.

“Yeah man. I can’t see us not being friends. It’s the same with Jules though. It might take me awhile to trust you again but I think we can work on our friendship.” Trace says as he gets up from the chair he was sitting him. I’m letting him walk out of here. I’m letting him walk out of here without a scratch. Yeah so what I apologized to him for what I did but I’m still fucking mad that he thought he could touch my girl like that.

I watch as he walks out the front door leaving me and Juliet alone. I watch her as she moves into my kitchen going to the refrigerator for more ice. She hasn’t said a word to me or even looked at me in the span of 15 minutes.

“I’m glad that’s over with.” She says with a sigh as she finally looks up at me a small smile gracing her beautiful face.


“Yeah me too. So you hungry or something?” I asked as I walk up to her.

“Not really. I’m kind of tired. Aren’t you?” She asked me as I take her up in my arms.

“Kind of. I don’t know. Maybe we should just relax in bed. This was too much for one day.” I tell her with a smile as I kiss the top of her head sighing as her arms wrap around my waist. I take her by the hand and lead her up to my room although she knows the way by heart by now. I smile to myself as she climbs into my bed and know for the first time when I wake up in the morning she’s still going to be laying beside me.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair celebrityj williamrast cheaterj