Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been awhile. I've been working on another story but here's an update.

They were walking hand in hand through the streets of Old Town Santa Fe. Their friends were in front of the couple laughing and joking around as everyone just wondered through the various vendors. Candice and Vanessa had taken them to the Old Town Square to of course get the “Best Starbucks in the world” and Justin couldn’t help but think they were right. He wasn’t much of a coffee drinker preferring tea instead but after one sip of Vanessa’s latte he had immediately changed his mind. For the first time in a long time he was actually able to walk around and take in the sights and smells of place completely different than what he was used too.

 

At first he had agreed to go on the road trip just because it was Vanessa’s idea and it gave him three uninterrupted months with her by his side, but now he was realizing this is what he really needed. Sure he could have gone to Hawaii or Tahiti or some other exotic place but this trip was healing his soul. Vanessa was his girl now, his closest friends were all around, and he was enjoying himself. For the first time he was actually able to relax and those hideous bags under his eyes were going away and nothing felt greater than that.

 

“Babe, look at this ring.” Vanessa said as she showed him a huge turquoise stone laid in silver. They were among the Native American vendors and he had seen more turquoise than he ever that was imaginable.

 

“That’s pretty.” Justin told her, which had been his response to the past five rings, three necklaces, and two bracelets she had shown him. It’s not that he didn’t care; it’s just that he was just enjoying walking around with everyone.

 

“Pretty? Just pretty?” she said as she shook her head at him, “Esto menso no mas dice benito por todo,” she muttered in Spanish to Candice who just looked at Justin and laughed at his confused stare as Vanessa put back the ring and started walking away to another vendor.

 

“What? What did she say?” Justin asked Candice confused.

 

“She said ‘this idiot says everything is pretty’. She wants you to really look Justin and enjoy yourself.” Candice said before following Vanessa. Justin watched as his girlfriend and her best friend tried on different rings holding their hands away from them to see how they looked.

 

“Vanessa pull the Spanish out on you?” Trace asked him with a chuckle.

 

“Yeah apparently I’m an idiot.” Justin said as he shook his head.

 

“Nah man, she’s a chick. She wants you to tell her which one you like, chances are if you had said you really liked that ring she would have bought it. Joanna does it to me all the time.” Trace explained as he slapped Justin on the back with a chuckle at the confused look still gracing his features.

 

“Hey,” Justin said as he caught up with Vanessa and Candice, wrapping his arms around Vanessa’s waist pulling her closer to him, “I really liked that ring four vendors back. And just so you know, I am enjoying myself. I really love it here.”

 

“Really? Sometimes it seems like you’re not here. And just so you know, I’m not walking backwards to four vendors back.” Vanessa told him as he laughed and kissed her forehead.

 

“I really am enjoying myself. It’s peaceful and calming here. Besides I have my girl and my friends, what more could I ask for?” Justin told her as he placed a quick kiss behind her ear before releasing her.

 

“Nothing. I was getting worried you weren’t enjoying yourself.” Vanessa responded wrapping her arms around his waist to be closer to him after he released her.

 

“I’m starving. Can we go eat yet?” Nick asked as they broke away.

 

“What time is it?” Vanessa asked.

 

“Um 11:45am, Why?” Nick asked as he looked down at his watch.

 

“Oh yeah, let’s go. I made reservations at The Shed for us.” Vanessa told all of them as they started walking in the direction her and Candice were headed.

 

“The Shed? Really we’re going to eat at a place called The Shed?” Matt asked as Candice smacked him in the arm.

 

“Don’t ever talk bad about The Shed.” She told him as she linked her arm in Vanessa’s and they started skipping then running, as they got closer to a small building with light blue turquoise colored trimmed railing. Justin just laughed at his crazy girlfriend and her equally crazy friend before him and his friends joined them at the restaurant.

 

They were immediately seated out on the patio and the waiter came and got the order, which was the same for everyone because Vanessa and Candice raved on and on about the Enchilada Plate. As they were all eating the owner announced Karaoke lunch. Basically anyone who got up and sang would get his or her lunch for free. Everyone joshed with Justin about how he should show everyone how it was done when after three failed attempts from other customers had ended very badly. They all watched as Candice got up to the little stage that was set up and ran through the songs. She picked one and waited for the music to start. Vanessa clapped and hollered as the music started and Candice started singing.

 

I don't want to get up baby, let's turn off the phone
I don't want to go to work today or even put my makeup on
I've got better things to do than my to do list anyway
Hide under the covers and waste away the day
Let's just lay here and be lazy, baby drive me crazy

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you

 

They all started laughing as Candice walked over to their table with the mic in her hands swaying her hips back and forth before handing off the mic to Vanessa. Vanessa rose from the table brushing her hand along Justin’s shoulders as she sang.

I got my whole life to change the world and climb the ladders

 

She pointed to Justin as she sang, pointing at him.


Looking at you looking at me is the only thing that matters

 

She motioned for him to come to her laughing as he bobbed his head.


Come a little closer baby, we can talk without the words
Hang a sign on the door, please do not disturb
Let's just lay here and be lazy, baby drive me crazy

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you

 

Vanessa and Candice wrapped their arms around each other and swayed their hips back and forth as they sang the next part together. Justin and Matt both laughed at their ‘Elvis lips’.

Give me a kiss, from that Elvis lip,
You don't want to miss this,

All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo
All I want to do wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wo wooo is love you wo woo
All I really want to do,
All I really want to do,
All I really want to do is love you, love you, love you

 

All the customers clapped and swayed as they twirled each other around all the while laughing at how stupid they were being up on the stage.

Come a little closer baby, we can talk without the words
Hang a sign on the door, please do not, please do not, please do not, please do not disturb
When I lay down in the evening all I really want to do,
When I wake up, when I wake up in the morning baby, all I really want to do...

 

‘Yeah this what he needed. His girl and his friends, nothing else in the world.’ Justin thought to himself as they ended the song with everyone clapping and hollering around them.
Chapter End Notes:
The song is All I Want To Do by Sugarland.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story