Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this update took me so long. I've had it written for awhile but....yeah I don't really have an excuse so please forgive me.

Justin stared out the windown, biting his lip. He was nervous, nervous as hell. They were driving to Texas. Fucking Amarillo, Texas, also known as Vanessa's hometown. Just knowing that her family was eagerly anticipating his arrival made him nervous as fuck. He had met her family only a handful of times but this time he was meeting all of them. All her brothers, her sister, her mom, her dad, her step dad, her step mom, her grandparents, her aunts and uncles and cousins and nephews and nieces...all of them! Talk about pressure.

Of course she had reassured him that they were all going to love him. She even reminded him that he had already met some of them and they loved him but he wanted everything to go just right. He wanted to prove that he could take care of her and love her the way she deserved and the way they thought she deserved. He kept telling himself when they got to Millington she would feel the same way but he only had two brothers and she had ten plus a sister. Candice even told him not to worry that Vanessa had brought hom guys a whole lot worse than him. Then regaled him with stories of how Vanessa's dad chased away a guy with a shotgun, how her brother punched a guy who looked at Vanessa's ass in front of him and tons of other stories that left him shaking in his boots.

Then of course he had to meet all her friends. How he was going to recognize them he didn't know. All the pictures Candice and her had shown him were from keggers and frat parties where everyone looked so trashed. He kept telling himself that her friends and him would get along fine but again Candice had stepped in and mentioned stories about things he couldn't even possibly imagine doing.

He looked over at Vanessa as she drove, she was softly humming along to 'Amarillo by Morning' by George Strait. He never liked country music much but he ws slowly becoming a fan hanging around with her and Candice. He could hear Rachel softly snoring from the backseat. That girl never snored so she must have been tired as heck. His gaze roamed over Vanessa's face realizing she had the most stupid smile on her face. Kind of like the one he gets when he's going home after not being there for a while.

"Are you excited?" He asked as she looked over at him smiling brightly.

"Yeppers. I'm going home, that's always exciting. You should know all about that." She told him as she drummed her fingers along the steering wheel.

"Yeah I do," he murmured, just watching her.

"You can quit staring at me you know. I liked you better when you were staring out the window picking at your nails." She told him, biting her bottom lip to keep from smiling.

"You were watching me?" He asked as he sat up in his seat trying to read her expression since her sunglasses covered her all telling eyes.

"Just a little bit. Are you still nervous?" She asked as she looked straight ahead at the road.

"Yeah, I know I shouldn't be...I just....it means a lot if your family likes me." He sighed looking out his window again.

"They will like you. They know there's a reason I put up with you." Vanessa told him as she grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze, "You'll do great. Besides half of them will be so shitfaced they won't even remember if you screw anything up."

"Really? You think so?" Justin asked her facing her.

"Yep. I know for sure. I talked to my mom this morning and she said they were already drinking and that was at 8 o'clock Texas time!" Vanessa told him laughing at his shocked expression, "If anyone should be worried here, it should be me. My family is crazy. They might scare you off!"

Justin just laughed at her before stating, "I've waited so long to have you as my girl, no one and no thing is going to chase me away from you."

"Aw...that's sweet baby," Vanessa said squeezing his hand before pulling over at the 'Welcome to Texas' sign.

Everyone pulled over to the side of the road behind Justin's Jeep. They all climbed out of the various vehicles to take pictures with the State sign. Candice laughed as she took pictures of Vanessa pretending to kiss the sign and the ground, then she set up her tripod so they could take a group picture. They had done this for the past two states so she figured they had the process down pat but everyone proved her wrong. On the first try Trace told a joke which made everyone laugh so most of them had their eyes closed and had goofy looks on their faces. On the second try Matt let out a stinky fart which had everyone running away from the sign and Justin throwing dirt of Matt.

Finally on the third try she was able to get everyone in the picture with beautiful smiles on everyone's face. Of course her favorite subjects to photograph were Vanessa and Justin. They always were geniuely happy around each other and that came across on her film.

"You take a lot of pictures of them two," Nick told her as he stood beside her watching Justin and Vanessa take pictures of themselves and everyone else.

"I love the way they look on film together," Candice told him as she continued to snap away, "How are you doing?"

"I could be better. There's nothing better than watching the girl you love be happy and in love with someone else," Nick told her as he shrugged his shoulders, "Does he really make her happy?"

"I've never seen her so happy and in love. I hope you just love her enough to let her be happy with Justin." Candice told him as he nodded his head in silence and she made her way over to Matt, "You should have a talk with Nick," she told him as they looked over at Nick who was still watching Vanessa with Justin.

"He's still moping around for her? I thought we were over this in Santa Fe. I guess Trace and I will have to set him straight again." Matt told Candice as they all climbed back into their vehicles ready to had to Amarillo.

Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is my happy place.

Incomplete
Schnessa is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Getting out of California also liked 551 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Road Trippin' Series.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story