*California Part Two*

 

8:00 a.m.

 

Vanessa pulled up to Justin’s house in her Jeep laughing at the sight of everyone who was already there. They all looked like they had just woken up. She always was the early bird of the bunch. She hopped out of her Jeep grabbing her backpack, her duffle bag, and her sleeping bag from the backseat before heading towards the group.

 

“Hey Vinnie, I was wondering where you were at! You’re always so early!” Trace said with a smile as he wrapped her into a hug.

 

“Yeah I had some last minute things to work out. I’m here now though! So who are we waiting on?” Vanessa asked as Trace took her bags and threw them into the trunk of Justin’s Jeep Rubicon.

 

“Candice. Oh you and Candice are riding with Justin. Did you bring the walkie talkies?” Trace asked as he turned to her.

 

“Oh yeah totally. I forgot.” Vanessa said as she walked back to her Jeep and tossed him a walkie talkie. “Justin, heads up.” She shouted as she threw Justin his walkie talkie. “Nicky!” She shouted as she threw him his.

 

Candice pulled up a few minutes later hopping out of her car with a huge smile.

 

“BRIAN!!!” Candice yelled as she wrapped her arms around Vanessa’s neck almost knocking them both to the ground.

 

“I love you too Nick!” Vanessa said with a laugh as Candice let go of her. Justin just rolled his eyes at them both hating that they still used their Backstreet Boys nicknames around him. Vanessa headed to Candice’s car getting her bags as Candice said hi and tackled the rest of the group with her hugs.

 

“I’ll take those.” Justin told her as he grabbed Candice’s bags from her and put them in the trunk with Vanessa’s bags. “So you riding shotgun or what?” He asked as he tossed her a smile.

 

“Of course I’m riding SHOTGUN!” She yelled the last part loud enough so that Candice heard her causing Justin to laugh at the way the two of them acted around each other.

 

“Okay everyone let’s head out!” Justin said as Vanessa and Candice climbed into his Jeep. Trace and Joanna and Rachel climbed into Trace’s vehicle and Nick and Matt climbed into Nick’s Jeep. Justin climbed into the driver seat ready to hang out with Vanessa for three months and to hopefully tell her how he felt during those three months.

 

“Okay here’s my rules Lovers. 1. No making out when I’m in the Jeep 2. No Justin Timberlake songs are allowed to be played while I’m in the Jeep 3. No Nsync songs are allowed to be played while I’m in the Jeep and 4. No sex while I’m in the Jeep.” Candice told them as she got comfortable in the backseat.

 

“CANDICE!” Vanessa and Justin both shouted at her at the same time. They turned to each other blushing furiously.

 

“Ugh remind me why we’re friends again?” Vanessa said as she turned her gaze away from Justin and out the window.

 

“Because you love me. I know nothing is going on between the two of ya’ll but three months is a long time so I’m just laying the rules down right now.” Candice said as she passed Vanessa a CD.

 

Vanessa looked down at the CD reading who the artist was and smiled. “Okay, so now that we got Candice’s rules out of the way let’s start this road trip right!” Vanessa said with a smile as she popped in the CD and pulled out her Nikon D60 Camera.

 

Justin listened as the first chords screamed through his Jeep causing him to groan. He hated country music and only made an exception for Reba. But he was riding with Vanessa and Candice the self proclaimed rednecks of the group, he should’ve known this was coming.

 

Candice held the walkie talkie up the radio causing the noise to drift into the other two cars following behind them. Her and Vanessa started to sing along to Jason Aldean’s Johnny Cash.

 

Whatcha got

Quit my job flipped off the boss took my name off the payroll.

(screw you man)

 

Justin laughed to himself as Vanessa and Candice yelled ‘screw you man’ into the walkie talkies.

 

Picked up my cell rang my baby's bell said I'm three miles from home.

I said sugar why don't you put on that sundress I like so much,

Wait out by the road I'm comin' to pick you up.

 

Vanessa rolled down her window hanging herself out of it as she took pictures of the two cars behind them laughing as she continued to sing the song floating from Justin’s speakers. Her brown hair flowing in the wind as she took pictures of Matt hanging out of Nick’s windows and Joanna and Trace laughing as Trace drove.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

 

 

It's four hundred and sixty seven miles to the outskirts of Las Vegas.

What do you say we go get married by a preacher man that looks like Elvis.

(yeah momma)

Sugar don't you worry bout tellin' your momma goodbye,

We'll send her a souvenir postcard from the wild side.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

 

Justin watched her as she let the camera fall around her neck and threw her hands up in the air as she sang along with the chorus running her hands through her hair as she bobbed her head to the guitar rift playing. He was amazed as the sun hit her tan skin and was almost sad when she moved her way back into the Jeep turning to him with a huge smile on her beautiful face.

 

Whoa Whoa

Throw your suitcase in the back,

Whoa Whoa

Done gassed up the Pontiac,

Whoa Whoa

Blastin' out to Johnny Cash, headin' for the highway,

Baby we ain't ever comin' back.

To it!

 

(woah)

(woah)

(woah)

Hear that train a comin', rollin' round the bend.

(whoa)

the man in black is gonna rock your ass again.

(woah)

(woah)

(woah)

 

“Vanessa, did you want to go to Vegas or sidestep that and head straight to Arizona?” Justin asked since they were just making it up as they went.

 

“I would much rather see the Grand Canyon. We’ve been to Vegas so many times its kind of boring now!” Vanessa said as she turned back to look at Candice silently asking her opinion on the matter.

 

“I say Arizona. Hey guys..”Candice said as she talked into the walkie talkies, “Vegas or Arizona?”

 

“Arizona.” Trace, Joanna, and Rachel said all at the same time.

 

“Arizona.” Matt said.

 

“Vegas.” Nick said.

 

“I guess we’re headed to Arizona then.” Candice said as she put the walkie talkie down.

Chapter End Notes:

Feedback is always welcomed.

Song is by Jason Aldean named 'Johnny Cash'



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story