Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope ya'll enjoy.
*Arizona*

Justin had been driving for quite awhile silently listening to Vanessa and Candice gossip about people he didn’t know or hardly knew. He rubbed his eyes as his stomach growled. He knew he should have ate breakfast but he was so excited for this trip that he didn’t even think he could keep cereal down. He should have got something when they stopped to take pictures by the ‘Welcome to Arizona’ sign but he was stubborn.

“Are you hungry?” Vanessa asked him as she ate a yogurt.

“No I’m good.” He said as he looked at her yogurt enviously.

“Really? Because your growling stomach is frickin’ loud.” She said as she handed him an newly opened yogurt with a plastic spoon. “I’ll feed you if you want to keep driving without being distracted.” She offered.

“Really? That would be great.” Justin said as she got a spoonful and brought it up to his mouth laughing as he chomped down on the spoon grunting when she tried to pull it away.

“Justin give me the spoon so I can feed you more.” Vanessa said with a laugh as he reluctantly let her have the spoon. She scooped up some more yogurt and gave him another bite.

“God I was starving ” Justin said as he licked his lips.

“I can tell. Why didn’t you say something sooner?” Vanessa asked as she fed him some more yogurt.

“I didn’t want us to have to stop just because of me. I mean we’re so close to the Grand Canyon. I kind of figured I could wait.” Justin said as he threw her grin taking another spoonful of yogurt from her.

“Well you should have at least told me. I mean I don’t have a problem feeding you yogurt or finding you some chips. Are you getting tired?” Vanessa asked she fed him the last of the yogurt in the cup throwing it into their trash bag.

“I’ll let you know next time Vinnie. I’m not tired yet.” Justin said as he handed her his spoon to throw in the trash bag. They both turned to each other and laughed as Candice snored in the backseat, having fallen asleep right after taking their pictures at the Arizona sign. “So this whole moving to England thing, is it set in stone?” Justin asked as he took the exit that would take them to the Grand Canyon.

“Actually I was going to ask your advice on that. I actually won’t sign the contract until I get to England so I can change my mind if I feel like it. And after you left last night I got a call from David asking me if I would like to teach at his soccer complex. It would pay more in one year than the whole three years in England I just don’t know what to do.” Vanessa said with a sigh as she turned to face Justin. Of course Justin knew she meant David Beckham when she said David. He was her cousin and the whole reason she had moved to L.A. and the whole reason her and Justin had even met.


“I think you have to think about the pros and cons of both. I mean what are the pros of going to England?” Justin asked his heart soaring a little knowing she might stay in L.A. after all.

“Okay 1. It’s frickin’ England 2. It would playing for a high profile club which potentially earn me more than staying in L.A. because of endorsement deals 3. I would get to play again, I mean really play.” Vanessa said as she counted the pros on her fingers.

“Okay now let’s think of the cons.” Justin said.

“Okay 1. It’s frickin England and that’s damn far away 2. I’m not entirely sure that I want to play again over teaching, I mean I’ve always wanted to teach at my own soccer complex but David’s is more than I’ve ever dreamed of mine being 3. Teaching at David’s complex will earn me more to begin with plus Victoria has been asking me to do an endorsement for dVB Jeans 4. I really don’t want to leave L.A. I like it there for the most part 5. I would be leaving you and since I’ve met you when have we ever been apart for more than a couple months?” Vanessa said as she counted the cons on her fingers. Justin smiled to himself happy that he had made her list.

“Sounds to me like you want to stay in L.A.” He said with a smile as he stopped the Jeep.

“Oh my goodness I think I do But I really have to think about this. I can’t believe we’re here already that last part went by fast.” Vanessa said as they pulled up to the parking for the Grand Canyon.

“Yeah it was fast. So are we camping here for the night or heading to Flagstaff after touring the Grand Canyon?” Justin asked as he climbed out of his Jeep stretching his arms and legs.

“I actually made reservations for us to camp here at South Rim Campgrounds. I figured everyone would pick Arizona over Vegas. You know since we’re road trippin’ and all!” Vanessa said as she took his lead and climbed out of the Jeep stretching her arms above her head.

“Cool. I guess wake up Candice while I check us in then we’ll head to our campsite.” Justin said as he tossed her his keys winking at her as he walked towards Trace’s car. Vanessa sighed to herself as she watched him walk away from her. She loved him. She loved him with all her heart but it never happened between them. He had chose Britney and that had been the end of it all.

“Candice, wake up! We’re here at the Grand Canyon! Nick, come on wake up!” Vanessa said as she shook Candice awake.

“So have you and loverboy hooked up yet?” Candice asked with a smirk as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

“No...ugh. Why do you have to open your mouth? You know we’ve been through this. I told him how I felt about him and he chose to go back to Florida to be with her. That’s it I tried and it didn’t happen. Let it go.” Vanessa said as she smacked Candice on the shoulder.

“Okay first of all I was just laying down the rules in the beginning. That was so long ago Ness, his feelings could have changed. In fact I think its very obvious that ya’ll both like each other. I mean come on he practically begged you to stay in L.A.” Candice said as they watched Justin walk up to them with a smile on his face.

“Okay we’re all set to go. We just have to drive a little bit to the campsite. He also said it might rain tonight so to be prepared just in case.” Justin said as he wrapped his arms around Vanessa’s neck bringing her close to him. “Let’s get going.” Justin whispered in her ear as he placed a light kiss behind her ear.

Vanessa shivered as his soft lips grazed her skin gasping as he placed another kiss behind her ear before moving away from her. He opened her door and motioned for her to get back in the Jeep lightly smacking her ass with a smirk as she climbed in.

“Justin!” Vanessa shouted as she fastened her seat belt causing him to chuckle. Justin just smiled at her as he climbed in and started his Jeep. He grabbed her hand in his as he drove the short way to their campsite excited that she was contemplating staying in L.A.

Vanessa didn’t know what to think, for the first time in a long time she was letting those feelings for Justin come back to the surface. Which for her wasn’t a good thing. The last time she did that he broke her heart.
Chapter End Notes:
Feedback is always welcomed.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story