Author's Chapter Notes:
Another update. I'm glad everyone is enjoying this story.
She knew she shouldn’t be watching him like she was but he kept doing all these little things that kept making her fall in love with him. Like the way he whispered into her hair, the way he kissed her spot behind her ear, the way he was starting to hold her hand everywhere they went. His smiles, his winks, his arms wrapping around her, and his laugh all made her heart skip a beat. Even now with him a bit drunk bobbing his head along with the music they were playing he was absolutely the most beautiful man she had ever seen.

She chuckled to herself as she watched him snap his fingers and move his feet somehow keeping up with the beat even though he couldn’t keep himself from slurring his words. He was trying to sing along to the song on the radio and failing miserably. She watched as the light from the campfire danced across his face causing his blue eyes to sparkle.

Here she was on a road trip with all her friends who were all hanging around her but yet the only thing she could concentrate on was him. She laughed a little as he tried to hop over a log only to stumble a bit. She laughed as he muttered “Son of a bitch.” at the log like it was its fault for being in his way.

“You can stop staring at him you know.” Nick said with a smirk as he sat down next Vanessa. She turned her head to him tossing him a glare before turning her gaze towards Justin. “Don’t glare at me. You practically drooling over him. V, don’t you think you should invest your time in someone who is into you?” Nick asked as he put his arm around her shoulder.

“Nick, I’m not asking for your advice. Besides I wasn’t drooling I was just merely watching my friends trying to remember them before I move.” She said as she turned her eyes only to be met with Justin’s glare. She felt a shiver run through her spine as he licked his lips. She followed his dark navy eyes as they looked at Nick and she realized he was pissed because Nick had his arm around her shoulder!

Her hand reached up towards Nick’s arm and removed it from her shoulder. She wiped her hands on her jeans getting up from the log she had been sitting on. She watched as Justin’s eyebrow cocked up with curiosity as she headed over to him. She didn’t say anything as she walked up to him wrapping both her arms around his waist snuggling up against his chest. She felt him sigh as his right hand splayed itself on her lower back.

“You know that’s the second time he’s put his arm around you.” Justin whispered into her ear as Trace handed him another beer. Vanessa pulled away allowing Trace to hand her a beer as well.

She looked up at Justin with a smile. “Jealous much?”

“Maybe, has anything ever happened between you two?” Justin asked as he took a gulp from his beer.

“No, he asked me out a while back but I said no. That’s about it. Don’t be jealous J. The whole arm around the shoulder thing means nothing to me Justin.” Vanessa said as she snuggled up to him some more.


“Oh so does it mean nothing to you when I do it? Because it means something to me.” Justin said angrily as he walked away from her and entered their tent. She knew he was already a bit drunk but it had never been her intention to make him upset, hell she couldn’t control what Nick did.

“He’s just drunk. He’ll be over it tomorrow morning.” Matt said as he tossed Vanessa a smile.

“I know but still.” Vanessa sighed as she ran her hand through her hair before making up her mind to follow him into the tent. “To answer your question...it does mean something to me when you do it.” She said as she stood above him with her hands on her hips looking down at him. “Justin...did you...I mean...did you mean what you said out there?” She asked as she flopped down next to them on the air mattress not bothering to get into her sleeping bag.

“What did I say out there?” Justin asked as he turned his head towards her with a smirk.

“You know what you said.” Vanessa said as she returned his smirk with one of her own.

“Yeah I meant it. You think I like seeing Nick hang all over you? I don’t like seeing other men trying to hit on my girl.” He said as he grabbed her hand in his.

“On your girl? Was I asleep when you asked me to be your girl? Because I don’t remember that Justin.” Vanessa responded trying to be a smart ass when all she really wanted to do was tackle him and kiss him endlessly.

He let out a chuckle as he turned on his side to face her. “You know I’m drunk...a little bit...okay maybe a lot but I just want you to know this isn’t the alcohol talking. I’ve loved you for a long time and I want you to be my girl. I want you to stay in L.A. with me but if you want to move to England I’m fine with that as long as you stay my girl. I’ll make the whole long distance thing work for you, hell I’ll move to England to record if you want me too.” Justin rambled as Vanessa just stared at him speechless.

“You don’t have to move to England J. I’ve decided to stay in L.A. I want to be your girl.” Vanessa said as his hand gripped her hips pulling her flush against him. His head leaned down as he nibbled on her bottom lip before crushing his lips against hers causing her to moan against him. She sighed as his lips made their way along her jaw line down her neck finding his way to her shoulder. She giggled as his tongue licked her skin. Her honey taste causing him to growl as his tongue continued to lick her skin.

“Damn you taste like honey baby.” He moaned as he nuzzled into her neck.

“Its my lickable body powder from Urban Decay. I have other flavors too baby.” She whispered as her fingers weaved their way through his hair grasping at his short curls as he growled against her again at the mention of other flavors.

“Hey I thought I said no making out and no sex. Don’t ya’ll two ever listen?” Candice asked as she came into the tent walking in on them.

“No you said no making out and no sex in the Jeep. Never in the tent.” Justin said with a smirk as he let go of Vanessa tossing her a drunken smile, but not from the alcohol causing Vanessa to giggle.

“Whatever I meant the tent too. Everyone was wondering where ya’ll went too. But dinner is ready when ya’ll are.” Candice told them as she heading back out of the tent. “That is if you want that kind of dinner.” She said wiggling her eyebrows at them.

“I swear I’m killing that girl.” Justin said with sigh as he got up and help Vanessa up. “But she does cook damn good food and I’m frickin’ starvin’.”

“Well then I guess we do want that kind of dinner.” Vanessa said as she walked out of the tent holding Justin’s hand.

“Okay everyone we cook up some burgers and hot dogs and that’s about it. I’m glad the cooler actually kept the meat.” Matt said as he let everyone pick what they wanted. “Candice helped me so it should be good or else ya’ll would be screwed!” He finished making everyone laugh.

Vanessa grabbed a burger and some chips to have with her beer, taking a seat on one of the logs surrounding the campfire. Justin took his seat next to her after getting his plate. Vanessa just laughed as she looked over at his plate piled high with chips, two burgers, and two hot dogs. “Hungry much Justin?” She asked as she popped a chip in her mouth to keep herself from smiling.

“You know how I am when I’m tipsy...I always get frickin’ hungry. Just like when I hotbox.” He said as he threw her a smile that melted her heart.

“Way to admit you’re a pothead!” She said laughing at his little pout.

“Now that just hurts honey.” He said as he winked at her.

He watched everyone eat silently. It had been a long time since they were all together just hanging out like this. Trace and Joanna were cuddling while talking to Matt who was standing pretty close to Candice which he never noticed before. Nick and Rachel were talking occasionally looking over at him and Vanessa. And Vanessa she was doing the same thing he was looking at all of their friends. He looked over at her when she nudged him in the side nodding over at Candice and Matt and she smiled at him. He smiled back at her understanding what she was saying even though she hadn’t uttered a word.

He groaned when he heard a country song come on the radio watching as Trace and Joanna got up to dance. He turned to Vanessa with wide eyes when Matt and Candice started dancing. She just laughed at his reaction leaning her head on his shoulder. He really hoped Vanessa didn’t want to dance. He was a good dancer just not to country music. He never really could get the whole two-steppin’ thing down.

Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


He listened to the lyrics of the song and realized that he knew this song. This was their song. It was Vanessa’s favorite and he was going to make sure everyone knew this was how he felt about her. He rose to his feet extending his hand out to her. She looked at him with a curious stare and a smirk. Laughing quietly when he muttered, “Don’t make me beg, this is embarrassing already.” before she took his hand. He turned her and pulled her flush against him.

There's no hurry
Don't you worry
We can take our time
Come a little closer
Lets go over
What I had in mind


Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


He twirled her pulling her against him again as he shuffled his feet two steps at a time. He really felt clumsy especially since Vanessa knew how to two-step a whole lot better than him. She just giggled when he stepped on her feet. He felt so embarrassed until she whispered, “Come on Justin, you’re from Tennessee. I know your mom showed you how to two-step better than that.” she was challenging him and he knew it.

I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
Never felt a feeling quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


Ain't nobody ever love nobody
The way that I love you
We're alone now
You don't know how
Long I've wanted to


He smiled at her as he got over his nerves and started to shuffle his feet in rhythm with the music even gathering the courage to dip her. His heart fluttered when she closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder releasing a sigh. She trusted him enough to let him lead her with her eyes closed. He started to sing the song in her ear. Especially the verse ‘Ain’t nobody ever love nobody The way that I love you’. He felt her shudder against him causing him to pull her closer.

Lock the door and turn the lights down low
Put some music on that's soft and slow
Baby we ain't got no place to go
I hope you understand


I've been thinking 'bout this all day long
never felt a feeling that was quite this strong
I can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man
I Can't believe how much it turns me on
Just to be your man


By the time the song was over Justin didn’t want to let Vanessa go. For the longest time he just stood there holding her and she didn’t object or try to get away from his grasp. In fact she did the opposite. She wrapped her arms around his waist more than content to be held by him.

“Hey lovers! Ya’ll some s’mores?” Candice asked causing them to break apart.

“One of these days...”Justin muttered causing Vanessa to giggle as she took some sticks from Candice ready to make s’mores.

After they all ate their s’mores everyone decided it would be best to turn in to bed since they were getting up early to explore the Grand Canyon. Vanessa and Justin both climbed into the tent followed by Candice. Justin opened his sleeping bag all the way laying it on top their air mattresses while Vanessa opened her sleeping bag all the way to cover them. He smiled as she climbed in and cuddle up to him resting her head in the crook of his neck.

“Goodnight Justin.” She whispered as she lightly kissed his adam’s apple.

“Goodnight Vanessa.” He whispered back as he kissed the top of her head.

“Goodnight Candice.” They both said.

“Goodnight Lovers. Remember no sex in my presence.” She told them as she turned away from them.

“You want me to tell Matt that you need to get laid?” Justin asked causing Vanessa to bust out laughing. “One of these days honey you better protect your friend because she will be no more with that mouth of hers.” Justin told Vanessa laughing at how Candice was telling them to ‘Shut the fuck up.’, even as they were falling asleep she was still muttering it.
Chapter End Notes:

The song is Your Man by Josh Turner.

Feedback is always welcomed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story