Author's Chapter Notes:
I absolutely love New Mexico so this will probably be a long part. I added some drama so I hope ya'll like it.
They were leaving Arizona and heading to New Mexico. Sure they could have spent more time in Arizona but they were really excited to be going to New Mexico. For the first time in his life Justin was able to actually visit a place and not have to put on a concert, not have to do an interview, not have to do a photo shoot, to not have to record something, and the best thing...to not have paparazzi following him everywhere.

He looked down at Vanessa who was leaning against him having a conversation with Candice as Candice drove his Jeep and they cuddled in the backseat. He really didn’t even know what they were talking about he had tuned out long time ago. To be honest he was thinking about going to Texas with Vanessa. They would be staying with her family and this time he was her boyfriend not just Justin the friend. Granted he had met her family before but he had never gone to her and Candice’s hometown before.

“J, are you listening honey?” Vanessa asked as she looked up at him snapping him out of his thoughts.

“Um...no...sorry.” Justin admitted sheepishly.

“Candice said its homecoming weekend back home. That means there will be lots of good food, a football game, and a parade.” Vanessa told him with a huge smile on her face. He knew she was excited that he was going to her hometown with her especially now that they were a couple.

“Yep that also means crazy Frat parties and the bonfire ” Candice said excitingly.

“OH I forgot about the bonfire ” Vanessa said with a huge smile on her face, “J, there’s going to be a bonfire ” She said as she looked up at him happily.

“So I’ve heard.” Justin said as he chuckled pulling her closer to him. She really was the cutest thing ever sometimes.

“So after New Mexico we’re heading to Texas then Oklahoma?” Candice asked as she fiddled with the radio as she drove.

“Yeah I was hoping we could camp out in Altus before going through OKC and I wanted to go to Tulsa to see Noelle and Ben.” Vanessa said as she listed off all the things she wanted to do. “Do you know if any of the others would mind?” She asked as she looked up at Justin.

“I don’t know let’s ask them once we settle down in Santa Fe. How long are we staying in Santa Fe anyways?” Justin asked since they were just winging it as they went along.

“I was hoping a couple of days until we get bored. We don’t really have to rush anything since we have time.” Vanessa stated.

“We should call for reservations Nessa. Are we going to stay at Five Graces?” Candice asked as she pulled over to the side of the road.

“Yeah I already told Ira and Sylvia that we would be coming by for a visit. Ira said he would hold a two bedroom suite and the Luminaria House for us.” Vanessa said as she moved away from Justin’s hold,

“Who’s Ira and Sylvia?” Justin asked curious since he had never met these people Vanessa and Candice were talking about.

“Oh friends of the family. They know my stepmom Rachel. They also own The Inn of The Five Graces in Santa Fe. I think you’ll like staying there its like a mix of Orient and the Old West. It’s also located right across the street from the Old Church with the floating staircase.” Vanessa told him as she nodded her head and talked with her hands indicating how excited she was to show him this wonderful Inn.

“And if we walk right down the street and across the river we are right at The Old Town Square. There’s tons of restaurants and shops and Native American vendors selling turquoise jewelry on the sidewalks. I love Santa Fe.” Candice said as she got out of the Jeep followed by him and Vanessa. The others had stopped behind them as they got out to take pictures by the ‘Welcome to New Mexico’ sign. Candice even agreed to take a picture of Vanessa and Justin in front of the sign smiling like a pair of dorks.

They decided that since it was going to be a while before they arrived in New Mexico they would switch up the riders and drivers in the cars. Trace and Joanna were going to ride with Justin. Vanessa, Rachel and Nick were going to drive in Trace’s car. Matt and Candice were going to drive in Nick’s Jeep. Justin was kind of leerily about Vanessa and Nick riding together but Vanessa told him not to worry Rachel was there to keep Nick in check.

“I’m so glad you’re riding with me! Trace and Joanna were not getting my Office jokes at all!” Rachel said causing Vanessa to laugh as Nick sat quietly in the backseat.

“Yeah, Ain’t no party like a Scranton party!” Vanessa responded causing her and Rachel to bust out laughing uncontrollably.

“This is going to be a long ride if ya’ll keep this up.” Nick said with a sigh as he looked out the window.

“Come on Nick...we’re supposed to be having fun on this trip! Just relax and have fun.” Rachel said as she drove.

“I was having fun. Until Vanessa felt the need to hook up with Justin!” He said causing the two girls to look at each other with shocked faces.

“I’m sorry if me and Justin’s relationship doesn’t agree with you Nick but you knew how I felt about him.” Vanessa said as Rachel hit the talk button on the walkie talkie allowing Justin to hear this conversation in his Jeep.


“Its just you never gave me a chance Nessa. When I asked you out you said you weren’t ready for a relationship and then now here you are dating Justin. I feel like you lied to me just to get rid of me.” Justin heard Nick say over the walkie talkie. He just sat there listening to a conversation he was sure was going to end up upsetting him.

“No Nick. That is not what I said. I said that I wasn’t ready for a steady relationship with anyone else because I loved Justin. I told you exactly why I couldn’t date you. I told you it wouldn’t be fair to you since I would always want to be with Justin. I can’t believe you’re trying to turn my words around.” Justin heard Vanessa reply through the walkie talkie. He looked at Trace knowing his best friend wanted him to say something.

“I just don’t understand...why not me? Is it because Justin is who he is?” Nick asked. Justin winced as he heard the pain in Nick’s voice but it also angered him that he would even ask Vanessa if she was only dating him because he was a celebrity.

“No! No way is it because Justin is a celebrity! I can’t believe you would even think that. Nick I can’t tell you why it isn’t you. I just love Justin. I love the way he makes me feel. I love the way he makes me smile. I love the way I can be having the worst day ever and he’s at my house when I come home without even asking him to be there. I love the way my skin tingles when he touches me or when he holds me. For me it’s just Justin. No one else but Justin. I never wanted to hurt you or lead you on or give you false expectations of what to expect from me. So I told you the truth and that’s all I could do.” Vanessa told Nick with a sigh hoping that would answer his questions.

Justin turned to Trace and said, “You see why I love that girl.”
Chapter End Notes:

I live for feedback! Also I'm adding the link for the actual Inn of The Five Graces in Santa Fe since I don't think any words could describe how beautiful a place it is.

http://www.fivegraces.com/



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story