Chapter 3

Here we go again.  Jaelyn thought as she saw her history 'stalker' approaching her as she sat down and booted up her laptop.

"Where's lover boy?  Too busy in chemistry?" he asked sarcastically.

"Actually, I was just finishing up my paperwork to switch me into this class.  I decided to take my lab on a different day so I can be in here with my girl," Justin said, walking up and sitting in the seat right next to Jaelyn.  He grabbed her hand and kissed it softly and winking at her, encouraging her to play along.  'Stalker Boy' finally got the hint and left.

"Thank you; you always seem to know when to show up."

"It's a gift," Justin said playfully.  Jaelyn shoved his arm teasingly.

"Does this mean that you're going to have to sit by me everyday?"

"Damn, you make it sound like me sitting by you is some cruel and unusual punishment or something."

"No!  I didn't mean it like that," Jaelyn said quickly, "I didn't mean for it to come out like that."

"I'm kidding.  I know how you meant it.  And to answer your question; I'll just have to sit by you until he gets the message that you're not interested.  Is that ok with you?" he asked.  Jaelyn looked up and was entranced his blue orbs.  Who could resist eyes as gorgeous as his.

"Yeah...yeah, that's fine with me," she replied with a half-grin.

"Alrighty," Justin said just as their professor entered the room.

~*~

"You got her number!?!  Damn bro, you move faster than me!" Trace exclaimed.  He, Justin and a few more of their fraternity brothers were showing greek unity and participating Pi Kappa Phi's 'Peg-A-Pi-Kap' fundraiser.  Right now it was SAE's turn to float out on the lake on campus and be targets for the rest of the educational community.  Let's just say that their fellow students didn't have very good aim because Trace and Justin were still bone-dry.

"I don't know what you're talking about man.  We're studying together Tuesday and she gave it to me so I can call her with a time."

"Ya'll couldn't have set up a time on Facebook?  Speaking of Facebook, did you ever figure out how to spell her name and add her."

"She added me.  I don't know how she found out my last name, but she did."

"A chick who knows what she wants and goes after it...me likey!" Trace said with a laugh. 

"Shut up!" Justin said, reaching over and pushing his friend off of his inner tube.

"Finally!  I thought ya'll were gonna leave here bone dry!"  Justin looked up when he heard one of the Pi Kaps shout that from the deck.

"Maybe you just need to talk to your brothers about their aim," he fired back jokingly.

"So, is she single or what?"  Justin looked over at Trace, who was now back on his bright colored flotation device.

"Huh?"

"Does it say she's single on her Facebook?"

"Actually, it didn't say anything."

"Really?  So she left it blank?"

"No, it wasn't on there; you know they have the feature now where you can take it off your profile."

"Well I guess this means that she's single.  Why wouldn't a chick who's in a relationship not want to put it on Facebook?"

"Damn Trace, you sure do know a lot about females to not have a girlfriend," Justin said facetiously.

"Haha," Trace replied before shoving his friend in the lake.

~*~

"It only needs two cups of water?" Jaelyn said into the speaker of her phone.  She had the device cradled between her shoulder and neck.

"Is that what the recipe says?"

"Yeah, but how is two cups of water gonna be enough for a Crock-Pot full of stew?" she asked her best friend of four years, Amanda.

"Just use two cups now and if you need more you can add more once you've added the rest of the ingredients.  Ok?"

"Alright, I'll put everything else in and we'll see."  Jaelyn turned the 'speakerphone' function on her phone on and placed it on the counter as she added potatoes, carrots, onions, and stew beef to the Crock-Pot.  Two cups was the right amount of water, just as Amanda had said.

"Ok now it needs to cook for...six hours!  Are you serious!?!"

"That's why it's called a 'slow cooker'," Amanda said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Well thank you Captain Obvious," Jaelyn joked back.

"Shut up!  You called me for help little girl."

"Well thank you for that help; that's why you're my bestest friend in the whole wide world.  But hey, I'm gonna have to call you back.  I have to finish straightening up and getting everything ready before he gets home."

"Oh my gosh, when did you become so domestic?" Amanda asked in a joking tone.

"I don't know.  I just felt like doing something nice for Daniel.  Do I really need a reason to do something sweet for my baby?"

"No you don't, and I don't want to know that much about your relationship!"  Both women laughed at Amanda's comment. 

"Well I'm gonna let you go so you can get everything ready for your man."

"Shut up!" Jaelyn said with a laugh, "Alright girl, I'll talk to you later."

"Ok, bye."  Jaelyn hung up her cell phone and put the Crock-Pot on 'High' before grabbing her Swiffer mop and began cleaning the kitchen floor.  While wiping down the counter tops and vacuuming the carpet in the livingroom Jaelyn contemplated Amanda's statement about her being so domestic all of a sudden.  Her friend was right, Jaelyn had never been the domestic type.  She didn't like to cook, Daniel did most of the cooking for them or they ate out.  She cleaned and did laundry on a regular basis, but all this that she was doing today was a bit of a stretch.  She was cleaning the apartment thoroughly, cooking dinner and drawing a romantic bath for the both of them.  She wanted to show him how much he means to her, how much she loves him...even if the night was more a reassurance in their relationship for her than it was for him.  She'd been having a reoccurring dream the past few nights of her and Justin sharing a mind-blowing, earth shattering kiss and she couldn't seem to get the dream out of her mind.  She loved  Daniel, she really did, but that dream seemed a little too real, and Jaelyn wasn't sure if she wanted to make that dream a reality.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers fratboyj collegej triangle