Justin & Nicole pulled up to his parents’ house. They were there for Christmas & it was the 1st time she was meeting his family.

He smiled at her as he helped her to the door. “You’ll do fine. They’ll love you, I promise.”

“I hope so,” she whispered nervously.

From the outside, the house looked beautiful all decorated for the holidays. There was Christmas lights all around & just looking at it made Nicole feel welcome.

Justin took her by the hand and then wrapped the other arm around her waist. He rang the doorbell & within a minute, it was opened. Lynn stood on the other side, smiling with Paul by her side.

“Hey, Mama.” Justin said, going up to his mom and giving her a kiss on the cheek and a hug.

”Hey, Baby,” she said hugging him back.

Nicole stood there, leaning on her crutches & smiling, not knowing what to say. Lynn looked over to her as Justin went to Paul and hugged him too.

“You must be Nicole,” she said.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Harless,” Nicole said taking 1 arm out of her crutch & putting her hand out.

Lynn went up to her and gave her a hug. Nicole was kind of shocked but then she hugged Lynn back. “Welcome, Nicole. And you can stop with the ‘Mrs. Harless’. Just call me Lynn.”

“Ok.”

“Hi, I’m Paul,” the older man introduced himself. “Come in out of the cold.”

Nicole fit right in with the family. Everyone got to know each other.
---
Once Nicole got settled into the house, she was very comfortable. Justin had taken her all around the house and showed her his childhood room. He was so excited for Nicole to see everything.

They were both upstairs when Lynn called Nicole. Nicole looked over to Justin. “Go on,” he said. “I need to take a shower anyways.” He smiled at her and gave her hand a squeeze.

Nicole smiled back at him and went downstairs. She smelled something wonderful coming from the kitchen. Nicole followed the smell to the kitchen doorway. She saw Lynn and grandma Sadie with their sleeves rolled up, baking something.

Lynn looked up at Nicole standing there. “Hey, Sweetie. You want to help us bake some cookies?” she asked.

“Sure,” Nicole answered.

“Justin loved these cookies,” said Grandma Sadie.

Nicole laughed & went to the sink to wash her hands. Grandma Sadie showed her how to put the ingredients just right for the cookies. She and Lynn were busy with the cookies while Grandma Sadie was baking a pecan pie.

LATER ON, Justin walked downstairs. “Hey, dad. Where is everyone?”

“Your mom & Sadie are baking with Nicole,” Paul answered.

Justin smiled, glad that his family liked Nicole. He knew they would but Nicole was nervous about it.

He walked in & up to the kitchen table. He quickly stuck his finger in the cookie dough.

“Hey!” Nicole scolded, playfully slapping his hand away from the bowl.

He ate the dough he got, kissed her sweetly & said, “Come on. I have a surprise for you.”

He made her get her coat on & go outside. With 1 hand on her waist so she wouldn’t fall, he covered her eyes with the other. “Open ‘em.”

Nicole opened her eyes & saw a pile of snowballs.

“Snowball fight?” she asked. “Justin, you know I can't do that.”

“Watch,” he simply said & disappeared to the garage. He returned pushing her wheelchair. “See? I had Trace drive it down here.”

“You planned this all along?” she asked, smiling.

“Yep. I told you “ it’s going to be an old fashion Christmas.” He returned the smile & helped her into her chair.

Soon, the snowball war between the 2 was underway. Lynn, Paul & Sadie ever so sneakily watched from inside without breaking the young couple’s laughter.

Justin & Nicole continued throwing snow at each other until their hands & faces were frozen. “Come on, let’s go back inside,” he said; only now realizing it was getting dark.
Chapter End Notes:
i'm not sure when i'll have the next chapter done. there's alot going on & sometimes my brain's too jumbled to sort ideas. i'll try my best to hurry.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story