CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
JUSTIN.

"Man you are officially crazy," Trace told me with a shake of his head a few days later as we were sitting in the dinning room going over the sketches for the new line. "You know it's impossible. Johnny won't allow it.”

“I don’t give a fuck what Johnny will allow,” I told him and leaned back in my chair, my eye on the baby monitor. “This is about Jen and I not him.”

“No it’s only between you. Have you even told Jen about this cleaver plan of yours?” Trace asked, I could tell he was truly concerned for me. I blushed and sheepishly shook my head. To be honest I had just thought of it this morning when I’d come down to find Jen feeding Sara and singing to her softly.

“No,” I admitted and looked away. “I haven’t and I don’t know if I’m going to.”

“What do you mean you don’t know? It’s her body she needs to know if she’s going to shoot a baby out of it in a few months,” Trace answered, I could sense the tension rising in his voice. “Or were you hoping she’d not notice she was growing fatter each day?”

“No!” I answered, I had become very sensitive to the issue of Jen’s weight and thought she wasn’t fat. “I want her to be surprised. Think I had nothing to do with it. That it was magic or something.”

“You have a wild imagination,” Trace commented and shook his head, picking up the pencil and continued making adjustments to the sketches. I sighed and watched him for a few moments.

“You really think this is a bad idea?” I asked him, causing him to look up from what he was doing.

“No. It’s a great idea, I mean in the romantic way. You just need to tell Jen about this. Who knows she may even be up for it,” Trace smiled wearily making me not believe him.


It was New Year’s eve and I was stressed to the max. First, after yelling at Jen about my socks we finally arrived at the church, an hour later. Also, she had decided to hire some crazy trainer to get her back in shape and I wasn’t too sure about it, especially after that first time in the gym….

“Hurry up, you’re late!” Trace hissed at both of us and shoved me down in my seat as I pulled Jen down with me. She looked embarrassed to be coming in so late.

“This is so embarrassing,” she grumbled and handed Sara to me as she straightened out her dress. “I need to tone up.”

“No you don’t,” I whispered back to her and kissed her temple. “You look perfect.”

“Yes I do,” she insisted and I sighed. I was not in the mood to argue so I just nodded.

“Ok,” I told her and handed Sara back to her. “If it makes you happy.”

“It does,” she answered and smiled slightly at me. I smiled back and kissed her before focusing on the ceremony ahead.


“He’s up to something,” I told Trace a few days later, casting an evil eye towards the gym. Trace laughed and picked up Sara who squealed with delight.

“You are so damn paranoid it’s funny,” he laughed and walked over to me. “Isn’t daddy crazy?” Sara laughed and shook her head at me.

“I am not paranoid,” I snapped and took Sara from Trace. “I’m serious. I’m going to check on Jen.”

“No you’re not,” Trace said, his tone more serious as he grabbed my arm, “Trust her a bit ok? She probably doesn’t want you hanging around anyway seeing all her bits hanging out.” He gave me a wicked grin and I gasped, handing Sara to him quickly.

“And hoe am I supposed not to be paranoid?” I asked him and dashed out the room before Trace could stop me and hurled myself through the gym doors.

“Justin!” Jen called in surprise as I stumbled into the gym to find her running on the treadmill. “What’s wrong?” She slowed to a walk and came towards me as I tried to catch my breath.

“Where is he?” I panted looking around for her trainer Charles who was nowhere in sight. Jen laughed and patted my shoulder.

“He just left,” she laughed, “I just decided to get in a few extra miles on the treadmill.”

“Why?” I asked and eyed her suspiciously, “It’s not like you need it. I told you find you…”

“I know Justin,” she let out a frustrated sigh. “It’s just that I don’t feel… I don’t feel perfect yet.” She smiled at me then and I smiled back like a moron. She always did that, smiled at me and made me forget what I was so mad at in the first place.


I opened my eyes and smiled at Jen, who was curled on her side facing away from me.

“Jen?” I whispered and moved closer to her, our wet skin touching as I did so. I felt her shiver as I touched her. “Jen….”

“Hmm?” she asked, pretended to stay asleep. I smiled and kissed her neck.

“I’m sorry,” I told her and heard her sigh.

“You said that a million times already,” she told me and I nodded against her skin.

“I know but…” I began but stopped, I felt her turn around to face me.

“Why do you get so crazy sometimes?” she asked me seriously and I shrugged, moving away from her. I didn’t like to admit I was jealous of her trainer and trying to get her pregnant while he was around didn’t help.

“I’m just protective I guess,” I somewhat lied. “I’ll try and control it.” And it wouldn’t be easy either.

“I would really appreciate it,” she whispered and looked away. “It’s nice to know you feel that way about me.” I saw a small smile creep on her face and I smiled back. Here we go again.

“Come here,” I told her and pulled her to me and kissing her before I said or did anything else I would later regret.


“So how’s the baby making going?” Trace asked with a wicked laugh and I slapped his shoulder.

“Shh!! Not so loud!” I hissed in his ear and looked over my shoulder to make sure Jen was still upstairs like she said. “It’s not going too hot.”

“Why? Because she found out and slapped your ass?” Trace asked and I glared at him.

“No. Because she’s got this new trainer Charles…” I began.

“Did someone say my name?” I groaned inwardly at the sound of his voice and spun around, sticking a huge, fake grin on my face.

“Charles! What are you doing here?” And more to the point how did you get in?

“Jen gave me a key,” he laughed at my unanswered question and I rolled my eyes. Sure she did. “And we have a training session today. I hope you don’t mind?”

“Actually…” I began ready to tell him to bugger off, that Jen and I had plans but Trace interrupted me. Introducing himself.

“I’m Trace,” Trace said stepping forwards and shoving me out of the way. “The crazy one’s best friend. I’ve heard a lot about you.” Trace gave me a sideways glance and Charles raised an eye brow.

“Really?” he grinned and looked at me expectantly. He was probably hoping Jen had buttered up his image to Trace.

“Yes really,” I said and stepped forward, “And as I was saying…”

“Charles!” Jen called as she came down the stairs and interrupted me. I groaned. “What are you doing here?” Then I laughed as Charles looked caught.

“We have a session today remember?” he asked, the lie falling off his lips. I gawked at him. Was he serious? Trying to lie in front of me, the master of lies? Hello. “Friday one o’clock?”

“We did?” she blushed and I wanted to pound his little ass to the ground. “I must have forgotten. I’ll just get ready. J you don’t mind do you?”

“Actually,” I began trying once again to tell them that I had booked a nice afternoon lunch for two at Koi for just Jen and me.

“He doesn’t mind,” Trace answered for me and I glared at him, since when did he become my voice. “You go look good Jen.”

“Ok,” she smiled and looked at me. “I really am sorry J.”

“Yeah me too,” I sighed in defeat and reached for her arm. I grabbed it and pulled her to me, kissing her deeply. “I’ll just reschedule.”

“You sure?” she asked, half out of breath and I nodded with a fake smile.

“Yeah,” I tried to brush it off. “You go look good.” Out of the corner of my eye I caught Charles grinning at me like a monkey, I was so going to strangle him as soon as I had the chance.


“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” I nearly jumped out of my skin. I hadn’t expected to open the door and find half a billion people in the room. My mother grinned at me and waved Jen over.

“It was all her idea,” she whispered and shoved me towards Jen. I grinned and felt bad, I had so forgotten my birthday, it was embarrassing.

“Hey baby,” Jen smiled walking up to me with Sara in her arms. “Happy Birthday.” She leaned forward and kissed me.

“Da-da!” Sara squealed and I laughed, kissing both her and Jen. Sara was becoming very possessive of me lately.

“Thanks,” I whispered and looked around me, “This is great. You did a good job Jen.”

“You’re welcome,” she smiled and leaned into me as I wrapped my arms around her waist and everyone wished me a happy birthday. I was an old man, but a lucky one at that.

“Justin!” I groaned inwardly. I hadn’t expected Charles to be there. Couldn’t he just leave us alone for one day? I put on a fake smile and nodded. “Happy birthday! The big two eight eh?”

“Thanks,” I said and held Jen tighter to me, “Yeah I’m getting old.” Charles laughed and moved closer to us, almost touching. I don’t think he knew boundaries. I could feel Jen pushing me so she could get some space. I complied and moved us swiftly a few feet to the side.

“J!’ I let out a sigh of relief, for once I was happy to see one of my old band mates. I steered Jen in that direction, giving Charles a half-hearted apologetic smile.

“Joe!” I called and high tailed it away from Charles as fast as I could with Jen glued to my side.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story