June 2009

I was laying in bed watching Sara play with her Dora doll, and looked at the clock for the fifth time.
"Where is he?" For the past two months J had been so busy with work, over seas doing charity work, producing other artists albums, working on the clothing line, and coming out with a cologne this summer. We hadn’t really had a lot of time to spend together. While I was on tour he was only able to come to two of the shows, the first one and the last. I looked down at my phone to see if I had any messages, none. Trust me I understand the business but, I was hoping that he would cut back some and consider that we have a family and were bringing a child into the world.

"Da-da?"

"Da-da is on his way baby he's working real hard so he can keep buying you lots of pretty dresses and toys," I said tickling her. Baby Sara had become a little fashionista. Her and Suri were neck and neck, she get's that from her momma in heaven. Justin and I both told Sara about Crystal we didn't go into detail about what happened as we knew she wouldn't understand just that she has two mommies and one is in heaven looking down on her watching her. "Finally." My phone started buzzing against the night stand. "Justin?"

"Hey, the shoot is taking longer than I thought go ahead and go I will meet you there."

"Justin you promised we would go together, the last two appointments I had to meet up with you."

"Jenn I'm doing the best I can OK? Call Mike, have him drive you."

"Yeah ok."

"I love you."

"Love you too." His end clicked. The last two doctor appointments he was late coming in the middle of the ultra sound. "Come on babe lets get ready."

"Da-da?"

"He's going to meet us there." I helped her to the edge of the bed, slipped her purple jellys on her feet.

"Dream!"

"Upstairs!" I helped Sara off the bed; I'd gotten too big to carry her.

"Charles!" Sara yelped clapping her hands.

"Hey sweetheart, don't you have a doctor’s appointment in like fifteen minutes?" Charles asked kissing my cheek and looking down at his watch.

"Yeah Justin’s photo shoot is going over so I have to get Mike to take us." I rushed to get Sar-Sar bag ready.

"Don't bother Big Mike I can take you," Charles said playing with Sara.

"Are you sure?"


"Yeah it's no problem. I don’t have anything to do anyway."

"OK let’s go." Charles picked up Sara and took the bag from me putting it on is shoulder.


"Good afternoon Mrs. Timberlake how are things going?" Dr. Chung asked walking into the room. The half black, half Asian doctor closed the door behind her.

"All is well; I'm ready to have this baby," I smiled rubbing my growing tummy.

"You have company today?" Dr. Chung asked looking at Charles.

"Yes, this is Charles a good friend of mine."

"Nice to meet you," Charles said shaking the doctors hand.

"Same here, I remember this cutie," she said pinching Sara's cheeks.

"Say hi Sara." Sara shied away, putting her face in Charles’ neck.

"That’s ok, lets get started. You can go ahead and lay back Jenn." I did as told. The baby kicked when she lifted my blouse and helped unbutton my pants, I pulled my black lacey panties up under my belly. "I see you got your sexy panties on today." She turned on the monitor

"Yeah girl, I gotta keep my marriage spicy," I giggled and looked at the door hoping J would come in at any moment. She squeezed the bottle on my stomach. "Cold." I looked over at Charles giving Sara an animal cracker. A loud heart beat echoed in the room.

"There he is; a strong heartbeat." I looked at the screen there was our son. "Has he been keeping you up at night?"

"Umm...sometimes not too often, but when he does I just turn some music on and he goes to sleep."

"Wow, amazing." Charles looked mesmerized looking at the screen. "He's beautiful."

"Thank you, I think Justin and I did a good job," I said smiling, there was a knock on the door and Justin's head peeked in. "Hey." My smile got bigger.

"Sorry I’m late," he said smiling closing the door behind him.

"That's ok." He leaned down and kissed my lips and looked to his left and his smile immediately fell. I knew the drive home would be a long one.


“Look how you’re acting,” I told Justin after I decided to go with Justin. I really didn’t want to make a scene and have the people in the office thinking something was off. “You came in the middle of my ultra sound, late, and ganging up on me about Charles…”

“Our ultrasound,” Justin corrected me.

“You could have fooled me, actin’ like somebody with any sense. Seems like it’s all about you and your obsession with Charles than about US!” We argued all the way home until Justin pulled into the driveway.

“Jen I really want you to end it with Charles. I don't trust him. I think he has some other kind of memo then being your friend,” he said as he pulled the keys out of the ignition and staring forward.

“Justin please! You said the same thing with Kia you wanted me to break it off with her...”

"And I was right!" I couldn't say anything after that one. We both sat in silence before Sara's snoring could be heard in the back. We both smiled and looked at her.

"We better get inside." What was happening to us?


“Hey girl, what you been up to?” Shelia asked, walking into the bedroom which had become my new habitat.

“Nothing, still pregnant. What’s up with you?” I asked as she hopped up on the bed.

“You been saying that since the beginning,” Sheila laughed, “At least you only have three more months.”

“Yeah.”

“Have you talked to Charles yet?” She asked and I looked at her.

“No. I don’t know what to tell him...” I began, “Hey my husband doesn’t want me to be friends with you anymore?’

“If you have to…” Sheila said laughing.

“It’s not funny!” I told her. “I miss him. His smile, the way he made me and Sara laugh when he tries to dance. You really wanna see a white boy dance?” Sheila’s smile faded and became serious.

“Jennifer can I ask you something?” she asked and I nodded. “Are you falling for Charles?” Silence. “OH MY GO…”

“Hold up! I didn’t say I was,” I quickly corrected her.

“You didn’t have to!” She said and looked at me, “It’s all over your face!”

“Look…” I began, “I don’t know, it just happened. Justin’s been so busy. It’s nice to have someone to care.”

“Y’all didn’t?” Sheila asked with a raised eyebrow.

“WHAT? Girl NO!” I answered shocked. “I’m pregnant!”

“Hey it happens,” she shrugged, “You watch Jerry.”

“Girl you’re crazy,” I brushed her off and she looked at me.

“Seriously Jen,” she said, “Be careful. You’re heading into dangerous territory.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story