Author's Chapter Notes:
i know it's been ages but school has been crazy... yet here we have a new chapter and we hope you all enjoy!!
CHAPTER THREE.
Justin.

Finally after nearly two months Jen decided to come home, and to say it wasn't weired would be a lie. After the so called 'fashion show' things went insane. I got there that night only to find myself face to face with Jen, and Sara. And a double whiskey and coke, which was soon dumped out behind the bar by Trace.

I grumbled for a while under my breath until Johnny came along and decided to inform me of the new arrangements, Jen and Sara were moving back in. I almost jumped out of my skin with joy. Then I remembered myself and Jen ran for the ladies room with Sara.

So back to reality. We were in the bedroom and I had somehow found myself on the floor, when Jen decided to speak.

"You have the manners of a baboon," she told me, sitting on the bed and letting out her hair.

"He started it," I grumbled and slid under the thin blanket I had placed on the floor. Jen rolled her eyes at me and set down her brush before climbing into the bed. "Jen?"

"What?" she sighed with a slight snap and glared at me as if I'd just committed the worse crime known to man-kind.

"Nothing," I sighed and turned over to try and forget that JC was in the next room thinking about my wife.


I remember waking up late in the night and somehow stumbling across Jen sleeping peacefully alone in the bed, which was why I ended up in Sara's room in the morning. I woke up feeling stiff, and realizing I was in Sara's rocking chair when Jen walked in.

She ignored me at first, but as I stood up slowly and yelped at the pain in my hips she turned to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, clearly shocked to see me. I shrugged and rubbed my legs.

"I dunno. Couldn't sleep," I lied and walked up to where she was standing, by the crib with Sara in her arms. "Why?"

"Thought you and Trace were playing golf," she replied simply and rocked Sara back and forth to get her to wake up. "Come on Sar-Sar. Time to get up."

I instinctively reached out to touch Sara's back but Jen turned away from me at that very moment. I felt a pang of jealousy go through me.

"I can't even touch her now?" I was grumpy and angry and at the tone of my voice Jen turned to me.

"Of course you can," she sniffled and her eyes shifted to Sara who was just waking up. I reached over and rubbed her back.

"Wakey wakey Munchkin," I cooed and kissed the sleeping baby's forehead. "You're not gonna give us a hard time today are ya?"

"She's up," Jen snapped as Sara opened her eyes and wailed loudly. "Come on Sar-Sar, let's go get your bottle."

I glared at Jen's back as she turned around again and walked towards the door with Sara on her hip.

"Jen," I called after her, walking as fast as my legs would let me. "Wait." Jen stopped in her path and sighed.

"What is it Justin?" she asked and shook her head.

"Why have you been acting like I'm not Sara's father?" I asked her, coming up beside her.

"Because you're not," she replied simply and I sighed.

"You're right. I may not be her BLOOD father but I am her father none the less," I answered evenly and reached out to the baby, "Let me take her."

"That's ok. I got it," Jen answered and began walking again. This time she was too fast for even me to catch up.


"Man," I muttered under my breath and slammed the club back into the case as Trace sniffled a laugh. "What?"

"Dude, calm down," he laughed and patted me on the back, at least our relationship was getting back to it's roots. "Let's head back into the club house and get a drink. Ok?"

"Fine," I grumbled and clambered back into the golf cart quickly, looking over my shoulder for Tiny. "Tiny! Let's go!"

"Shut up man," Trace laughed and shook his head, "This is a golf course ya know. Quiet and all is required." I rolled my eyes at him and waited for Tiny to climb in beside me before we headed off.

"You okay kid?" Tiny asked me, as he noticed my grumpy silence for a long while.

"Yeah," I muttered and crossed my arms across my chest. "I mean it's just that Jen's been such a bitch lately."

"Well can you blame her?" Tiny asked getting where the conversation was going.

"No but..." I began and sighed. "But it's just not fair! I said I was sorry and all."

"Yeah, but sometimes sorry isn't enough," Tiny replied and swerved the car around a bunker.

"Then what is? I've tried everything and nothing is working. I can't even get five minutes alone with Sara anymore," I grumbled and Tiny raised an eyebrow at me.

"Really? It's that bad huh?" he asked, and I could sense the mockery in his voice.

"Yeah. Well ok not THAT bad. I guess it could be worse," I answered flatly.

"Yeah like having them not be at home?" Tiny wanted to know and I nodded. When it was put like that my life didn't sound too bad.


"Get out."

"What?" I looked at Jen dumbfounded, too shocked to speak as she and her new assistant, Shelia, walked in and out of the room with my things. Here I was in my own home being banished to the guest bedroom, my guest bedroom. This was crazy. "Why?"

"Because I have a music video shoot to get to tomorrow, early, and I need a good night's rest," Jen explained, "Plus I can't live with you right now."

"But technically...." I began but she cut me off.

"Yeah I know. Technically we're still living in the same house, but that doesn't mean we have to be in the same room. Besides you are such a baboon when it comes to manners I don't need that stress the night before I have to work," she said and I looked at her, shocked.

"So why don't you move into the guest bedroom then? After all this is MY house," I snapped back, "If you're so miserable with me."

"Because," she explained calmly, handing one of my shirts to Sheila, "I'm your wife."


I was glad the next morning when Jen decided to go to work early and leave me in charge of Sara, but it wasn't before she burst into my room with a list of things I HAS to do that was too long for words. It was as if she didn't trust me but had no choice to leave Sara with me. But I just grinned and beared it, because I knew an opportunity like this wouldn't come around in a while.

I was washing Sara when the other pain in my life decided to call, social services.

"Hello?"

"Mr Timberlake?" the woman on the other end asked, I put Sara against my shoulder and nodded.

"Yeah?" I asked and rubbed Sara down with my free hand.

"This is Mary Mission from Social Services calling," she answered.

"Ah," I replied and stopped what I was doing. Placing Sara back in her carrier and handing her a rattle to keep her occupied while I was on the phone. "What can I do for you Miss Mission?"

"I'm just calling to inform you and Mrs Timberlake that we'll be sending over a representative at around three," she informed me.

"A representative? What for? What have we... I mean can I ask as to the reason of this visit?" I asked sitting down so I wouldn't fall over.

"Just to check up on things is all. So will three o'clock work for you?" she asked calmly, and before I could answer she continued. "Good we'll see you then."

Then I began to panic.


"Jen! Hurry up!" I called running to the main bedroom with an arm full of things. It was two thirty and the social worker was to be here any moment. And I was going INSANE.

"Hold your horses!" Jen called from somewhere behind me. I whirled around and nearly knocked Jen off her feet as I did so. "Watch it!"

"Sorry," I muttered and dropped everything I was carrying in order to help her up. "But if I'd been in there, we wouldn't be doing this."

"Oh shut up," she muttered and pushed away from me, dusting herself off. "If you would have told me earlier..."

"I tried but you weren't picking up the damn phone," I snapped and re-picked up my things from the floor.

"Then you should have done this yourself," she snapped back and picked up the stuff that was in her arms.

"I would have but..." I began but was interrupted by Shelia rushing up to us, looking panicked.

"Guys, they're here," she panted and handed Sara to Jen, taking the stuff from both of us. "I'll finish up here you guys distract them for a while ok? And behave!"

"We..." I tried again but Jen grabbed my arm.

"Shut up let's go," she hissed and pulled me down the stairs to where our fate was waiting for us.


"So?"

"So what?" I asked Trace a few hours later.

"So how did it go?" Trace asked, "Nothing too crazy I hope."

"Nope," I answered looking at the stairs briefly where Jen had run off to. "Just that the stupid social worker asked some shit questions about Crystal."

"Like?" Trace urged and followed my gaze to the stairs.

"Like if she was a slut and into drugs," I replied, "It was terrible."

"Wow," Trace breathed and I nodded in agreement.

"Yeah wow," I answered and shook my head. "It was just... it wasn't what I expected. Man, what if they take Sara from us?"

"Why would they do that?" Trace wanted to know. "You didn't.... you didn't say anything did you?"

"What? No!" I protested, "It was just... okay here's the thing. I may have gotten a bit crazy with the husband role ok?"

"Really?" Trace sniffled a laugh and shook his head, "In what way? You didn't try..."

"No of course not!" I told him, he had a dirty mind. "I was just... overly feely with her. And she got upset, which may have sparked her walking out on social services."

"She walked out on them? As in got up and..." Trace asked shocked.

"Yes. As in she got up and walked. She was pissed as hell though," I said with a sigh.

"Well I would be too," Trace nodded, "But I don't think I would have the guts to walk out on an important meeting like that."

"Yeah. But that's Jen for ya," I smiled and looked at Trace, "So what do you think? Will they take Sara from us after that?"

"What? No. Of course not. Jen was just being... she was just being Jen. You did explain to them why she got upset right?" Trace asked.

"Yeah sort of. I made up an excuse for her. I told them she'd just been working late and wasn't feeling too good," I sighed and put my head in my hands.

"And they brought it?" Trace wanted to know. I nodded and looked back to the stairs.

"I hope so," I said, "I really do."


After Trace left I headed upstairs to bed, passing a very depressed looking Shelia on the way.

"Hey," I smiled at her and she gave me a brief smile back. "Everything ok?"

"I think so," she nodded and placed a hand on my arm, "She needs you Justin."

"I know," I replied with a nod. "Thanks Shelia."

"For what?" she asked, clearly confused.

"For being there. For Jen," I answered and she smiled.

"Well it's my pleasure," she told me and gave me a brief hug. "I'll see you tomorrow ok? Take care of her."

"I will don't worry," I responded hugging her back before pulling away. "Good night."

"Good night," she answered and continued down the stairs. I waited till she had rounded the bottom of the stairs and heard the front door close before continuing towards the room.

"Jen?" I called as I entered the room, but was met with silence. I sighed and rolled my eyes, how typical. "Jen!"

"I'm in the bathroom!" she called and I gave a sigh of relief, no wonder she couldn't hear me.

"Ok!" I called back and turned on the T.V to watch some golf before peeling off my clothes and climbing into the bed. I tried to focus on the game but my mind kept going back to what had happened earlier and if Jen was okay, and silently I cursed myself for not rushing after her like a good husband should. After a few moments of just getting bored, the bathroom door opened and Jen stepped out, in nothing but a robe. I restrained myself from not hyperventilating before I spoke. "Jen?" She ignored me and made a bee-line straight for the closet. I figured she must have still been upset, and gave a low groan. She STILL ignored me and opened the closet door before stepping inside. "Jen!"

But it was too late. She'd already shut the door and I rolled my eyes, before realizing that she hadn't shut it completely. I watched her reflection in the mirror, and watched her peel of the robe, exposing herself to me.

I bit my lip, forcing myself not to get turned on by what I saw and forced my eyes away. But it wasn't long before they found themselves back on her and off the TV. This wasn't good. Not at all. I was just asking for trouble. I wondered if I could plead no contest and tell her my eyes defied the laws of gravity. Then I would definitely sound like the moron she claimed I was.

I sighed, and tried to close my eyes, leaning my head back only to snap it back up and watch her finish lotioning off. Damn she looked good. Okay, I had to stop myself. I had to remember that she was still mad at me and that this type of behavior was not going to get me any brownie points. Just then she turned around, and I quickly snapped my eyes back to the TV. I saw her frown out of the corner of my eye before she pulled out an over sized t-shirt and slipped it on.

Now was the perfect moment, I told myself. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep while I heard the closet door opening and Jen sighing heavily.

"Typical," she muttered and I secretly smiled as she turned off the TV and climbed into bed beside me. I waited for a while, as she kept her distance, staying as far away from me as possible. But then I think something got the better of her and she inched closer to me, until I could feel her against my back.

"Jen?" I whispered, but there was no response and I opened one eye in the darkness. Grinning like a jack-ass as her arm made it's way over my waist. "Good night."


The next night, Jen was sitting in the middle of the bed holding Sara waiting for me to come out of the bathroom. She had been acting strange all day and I didn't know what was going on with her, the whole day since I got home she had clung to me for dear life, and it kind-of amused me. I came out in a pair of blue pajama pants.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey...come sit here," she said patting the spot in front of her. I followed suit and sat in front of her.

"What's up?" I asked her. Jen reached over and grabbed my hands, lacing our fingers together.

"I just want to apologize for everything. I was acting really childish," she said and I smiled at her.

"It's ok.." I began but she cut me off.

"And I really need you Justin. I didn't realize it three months ago but I do...and I think we make a good team," she breathed interrupting me and looking into my eyes.

"I apologize as well, for everything," I told her and leaned in and kissed her lips.

"Justin we need to talk about our relationship..." she began stopping me, "I would really like to take things slow as friends. Honest friends no secrets this time around."

I looked at her as if she had gone crazy, and here I was hoping things would go back to the way they were but Jen had other plans.

"OK whatever makes you happy," I lied and she smiled at me.

"No Justin we both need to be happy...and agree with each other if you don't feel the sam-" she began but I cut her off, I didn't need to hear this.

"Seeing you happy makes me happy," I said and looked at Sara, "Let me put the munchkin to bed ok?"

"Ok," Jen nodded and handed Sara to me.


When I came back Jen was already in the bed, so I climbed in and slid my arms around her waist.

"Hey," I whispered in her ear. "How was your day?"

"It was ok," she answered, a bit hesitant. "How was yours? Tim and Marty seem nice."

"They are," I answered and placed a kiss on her shoulder. "You sure your day was good?"

"Yeah," she nodded and turned to face me, "It's just that..."

"Just what?" I asked concerned as she looked away from me. "Jen?"

"It's nothing. Just some weirdo kept on calling the house," she replied and I felt my stomach tighten.

"Really?" I squeaked and moved closer to her. "What did they say?"

"That's just it. They said nothing," Jen replied a bit frustrated and I licked my lips.

"Was there anything else?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"No except..."

"Except what?" I interrupted her.

"Except there was a girl at the grocery store earlier..." she began and I panicked. Oh shit. Hannah was actually taking her words literally. "And she actually freaked me out."

"Yeah well..."

"Do you have anyone who would want to hurt us?" Jen asked me and I quickly shook my head.

"No," I replied and kissed her quickly, "Who would want to hurt us?"

But I knew who exactly would want to hurt us, especially who would want to hurt Jen. I just hope it wasn't true.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story