Author's Chapter Notes:
New chapter yay!!
CHAPTER FIVE.
JEN.

"Sheila you ready girl?" I asked getting my purse.

"Yeah...you want to drive?" She asked smiling holding up her car keys.

"For real?" She nodded her head and smiled. I stood there for a second and quickly grabbed the keys before she changed her mind. "Come on lets go" I laughed and jogged to the door. We both jumped into her new black 2009 Mercedes Benz and I started the car, before reaching into my purse for the remote to let the garage door down. Sheila punched the button to let the top down, while I played with the radio landing on Hot 92.3, Keshia Cole's 'Sent from Heaven' was playing.

"I don't know where I'm going," I said laughing and pulling out of the drive way.

"What is looping any way?" Sheila asked, playing with the GPS. I was on my way to a sound studio to do some looping for 'The Secret Lives of Bees.'

"Its where you go in and the parts that you're really soft on you do it over," I explained to her.

"Oh...so where's the family?"

"He had to do a commercial for William Rast and check some thing out for the line getting it ready for fashion week, he leaves tomorrow for Paris France. Miss Sara is with her grandmother probably getting into everything tearing her house up," I laughed as we pulled up to a red light.

"Here's a new hot one from Jennifer Hudson called Spotlight let me know what you think," the DJ said, and I squealed in delight as I turned the radio up. I could not believe that my song was on the radio!

"Ahhh...this is me!" I said as I began to sing along.

"Is this your first time hearing it on the radio?" Sheila asked in disbelief and I nodded.

"Yeah I've been so busy," I replied and turned the corner as a black SUV came into view. I made a left turn listening to the GPS and pulled up in the parking lot and into a parking space. Two guys, one with a video camera and a regular one, came running up to the car. "I am so glad I put make up on."

"Hi Jennifer how are you doing today?" one of the guys asked.

"Fine thank you," I replied and opened the car door to step out as they stepped back. Sheila grabbed my purse and handed it to me.

"How's Sara doing?" the same guy asked and I just smiled. Justin and I had agreed not to answer questions about Sara, as we were going to try to keep her out of the public eye the best way we could. Sheila followed close behind and walked with me to the back entrance as the paparazzi followed us.

"What about Justin...do you guys plan on having another baby?" These guys didn't stop. I laughed looking at Sheila and she just shook her head. Someone came out to open the door for us.

"Bye guys," I called over my shoulder.

"This way ladies," The guy, who opened the door. said. Sheila and I walked down this long hall way behind him.

"That guy were relentless with the questions," Sheila commented and I agreed.

"I know. I don't know why they ask questions as if there going to get an answer," I said chuckling. "Excuse me what is your name?"

"Matt," the guy answered.

"Hi Matt are you single?" I asked looking at Sheila.

"Yes I am are you interested?"

"No, but my friend here is," I said nudging Sheila, she needed a man.

"Jenn!" Sheila nudged me back. We turned the corner and Matt opened the door as we walked into this huge room with a big screen with a chair in front of it with a stand and headphones hanging off of it.

"Hello everyone," I said greeting and smiling at everyone.

"Hey Jennifer ready to get started?" Lauren, who was the producer was sitting in the corner asked.

"Definitely," I told her and she explained which scenes I would do. I sat in the chair and put on my headphones watching the scene before me. I could not believe I was on my fourth film, this was truly a blessing and I couldn't be happier. Twenty minutes in there was a knock on the door and Matt came in followed by my two babies.

"Hey!" I smiled, my day got so much better when they showed up.

"Hey," Justin said and came in with Sara on his hip. Sara was so busy looking around that she didn't notice me. Justin leaned in for a kiss and I pecked him on the lips. Sara turned to me and waved her arms squealing, everyone in the room laughed.

"I missed my baby," I said kissing her cheek and taking her from Justin.

"Hello everyone," Justin smiled and waved going around introducing himself.

"Justin this Lauren, the producer for the movie," I continued introducing the other people in the room to him. Justin's attention turned to the film on screen, I was so nervous for him to see me I felt that he was my worst critic. I think his opinion mattered most to me. A scene flashed across the screen and it was the one with me fighting three other guys. "Please don't show him his one it's very graphic." I looked at Sara trying to play with the headphones.

"No, it's too late now," Justin said, standing next to me and folding his arms. The others laughed. Once the scene was over I looked at him.

"I warned you," I told him and he just nodded his head. I could tell that he didn't like when those guys were beating me up. We showed him a couple more clips before we left.

"Thank you all so much," I said getting off of the chair and went around giving hugs and saying good bye. I grabbed Justin's hand and followed him, Sheila close behind us.

When the back door opened all I could see was flashing. Earlier it was just two paparazzi now it had to be about ten.

"Justin, Jennifer!" They all yelled. Justin and Sheila boxed me and Sara in as I held my head down from of the lights. All the yelling was making Sara a little uncomfortable and I took my purse to hide her face. Next thing I heard was Justin's booming voice and a loud smack.

"GET THAT CAMERA OUT OF HER FACE!"

I looked up to see a paparazzo looking scared at what Justin was going to do next. They all made a path to Justin's Hummer. Justin opened the door for me and took Sara from me.

"Cover her face," I told him and got in the car. Justin opened the back passenger door and buckled Sara into her car seat, she started to get upset from all the noise around the car. "What about Sheila?" As soon as the words left my mouth Matt came up.

"I can walk you to your car," Matt offered and Sheila nodded.

"Yeah, y'all go ahead I'll be fine."

"You sure?" Justin asked.

"Yeah."

"Text me!" I yelled before Justin shut the door. I watched Sheila walk with Matt through the side mirror. "I know sweetie it will be ok." I turned around comforting Sara. Justin got in the car and turned it on.

"Is she ok?" He asked looking at her through the review mirror.

"She's fine. Are you ok?" I asked rubbing the back of his head and neck. The paparazzi moved to the front of the car and Justin pulled down both of our visors. He backed the car out and drove onto the main road. The car ride was quiet and when we made it home Justin still wasn't talking. "Are you all packed?"

"Yeah I'm going to put her to bed," he said and I watched him walk up the stairs. I went around the house straightening it up and turning off all the lights. I walked into our bedroom to see Justin sitting on the end of the bed with his head in his hands. I went over to him and ran my fingers through his hair. "She doesn't deserve this." I kept silent. "Its my job to protect her-"

"You do, Justin honey what are you talking about?" I finally asked, confused to what he was going on about.

"I don't know." I felt a need to do something for him help him feel better.

"Come on." I lead him to the bathroom, turned the water on striped him out of his clothes, then I stripped down too.

"Jen what are you doing?"

"Spending some time with my husband before he leaves me," I told him and lead him into the shower with me.


Sara's laughing and squealing could be heard through the house as I walked down the stairs. I walked into the living room to see Justin holding Sara in the air and lowering her back down.

"Daddy is going to miss you baby girl," he said smooching her cheek.

"What about me?" I asked walking up to him.

"I'm gonna miss you too," he said pecking me on the lips. The door bell rang. "I'll get it." Justin walked to the door Sara attached to him.

"Hey man you ready?" Tiny asked coming through the door.

"Yeah," he said sadly staring at Sara. I watched Tiny pick up his bags and looked at Sara who was playing with Justin's necklace. "I'm going to call you every day ok?"

I hated when he or I had to leave especially right now where Sara always wanted to be around both of us.

Justin gave her one last kiss and passed her to me and then I followed him and Tiny to the door. Sara and I stood on the porch watching Justin head to the car. Sara started to get upset, she may have been only seven months old but when she saw that black SUV she knew one of us were going to be gone longer than she would have liked.

"Say bye bye Sar-Sar," I said waving.

"I'll call you soon as I land," he yelled before getting into the car.

I nodded and watched the car till it disappeared behind the gate.

"It's just me and you sweet pea," I told Sara as she calmed down a little. "I know mommy is gonna miss daddy too."


8:00 Later that night.


"What did you and momma do today?" I asked Julia as I walked into the bedroom after putting Sara to bed.

"Nothing really just chilled at home what about you?" Julia answered, she had called me to see how Sara and I were doing.

"Sad Justin left this afternoon Sara had a hard time," I told her.

"Awww poor baby. I know she's going to miss her daddy," she said and I agreed before finishing my convo with Julia and turning the lights out. I headed to bed pulling the sheets back. As soon as I started to fall asleep the phone rang.

"Hello?" Silence. "Hello?" Silence. My stomach started to tighten. I hung up and stared at the phone.


11:00pm


The phone rang through out the room.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby you sleep?"

"No I'm up now," I said pulling myself up leaning against the head board. "How was your flight?"

"It was good, a lot of press as usual," Justin answered.

"Mmm-hmm," I answered.

"What's wrong Jenn?" he asked, knowing something was up.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Jennifer Kate Hudson-Timberlake," he warned and I laughed when he said my full name.

"I got another weird phone call," I decided to say.

"Call Mike and get him over to the house so he can stay with you," he answered immediately getting panicked.

"No that's not necessary," I told him.

"Jennifer you don't know who that could be it could be a pervert or something," he said angrily.

"Its not just... it's probably a fan trying-"

"My number isn't listed...Please listen to me and call him," her pleaded, I could tell he was getting frustrated.

"Ok I will."


12:30pm


My eyes popped open when I heard the security system beep and foot steps coming up the stairs.

"Jenn?" Mike asked knocking on the door then opening it.

"Hey."

"I'll be downstairs if you need me."

"Ok"


June 24, 2007


"Sara watcha ya doing?" I was sitting at my vanity getting ready for the BET awards.

"Have you gotten any of those wired phone calls?" Sheila asked.

"Yeah last night, but I just think its not that serious ya know," I told her brushing it off.

"I guess you're right," Sheila answered, looking a bit worried.


9:22pm


I decided not to stay for all the parties after the show and just come home. At the moment I was doing laundry and talking to Justin.

"How was the promotion for the cologne?" I asked him.

"It went great...how's everything there?" He wanted to know.

"Good. Sara's enjoying her cheerios and trying to crawl. She's also missing you like crazy."

"Do you miss me?"

"You know I do," I said with a smirk.

"What are you wearing?"

"A robe."

"What's under the robe?"

"Bra and panties," I said closing the dryer door.

"What color?"

"Justin why are you asking me these questions?" I asked, walking around the house and checking all the windows and doors.

"Because I miss you and I can't wait to see you so I can tap that ass." I let out a loud laugh as I walked up the stairs.


1:37 a.m.


My eyes popped open when I heard the dogs barking. I looked at the clock. 1:39am.

"What is going on...why are they barking?" I said to myself and climbed out of bed. I walked down the stairs to see Buckley and Brennan barking at the patio glass door. "Brennan hush your going to wake up Sara." I walked over to her and I looked out the window and saw nothing. "What are you to barking at huh?"

I looked one last time and walked into the kitchen to get some water. I opened the fridge to get the pitcher and when I closed the door I saw a black figure out of the corner of my eye causing me to drop the pitcher, before I could react he grabbed me from behind and gripped my waist and put his hand on my mouth.

"You don't deserve him." I realized that the voice was a female. "Where is he?" She removed her hand from my mouth.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I averted my eyes to the pan sitting on the stove.

"WHERE IS HE!!"

"If its money you want there's some upstairs in the bedroom dresser top drawer," I explained, trying to stay calm.

She loosened her grip around my waist.

"I DON'T WANT MONEY YOU STUPID BITCH I WANT YOUR HUSBAND NOW WHERE IS HE?" She yelled.

"Please don't hurt me," I said, I was so scared I don't know how I stayed so calm. She let go of me and I turned around to face her, she had a ski mask on so I couldn't tell who she was. She pulled out a gun from behind her.

"I swear on my mothers grave I will shoot you if you don't tell me where he is."

"I wish I could but he and I are going through hard times right now," I lied walking backwards toward the stove.

"Don't move," she said pointing the gun at me. I decided to try and have a conversation with her maybe to distract her.

"Have you ever been in a relationship...I'm sorry I don't know your name."

"Don't worry about me," she hissed and I could hear Sara crying up stairs.

"Can I check on my daughter please?" I asked grabbing the pan keeping it behind me so she couldn't see it.

"God...I don't understand why he married you?" She said putting the gun down by her side

"Me either."

"I mean you're fat and...black," she said standing in front of me.

"I guess its because I have a strong BACK HAND!" I yelled hitting her with the pan. I grabbed the phone and ran up stairs to Sara's room. Sara was screaming laying down in her crib. "Sweety mommy's scared too."

I picked her up and holding her to my chest, I sat in a corner between her closet and changing table before I dialed Mike's number then 911.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story