CHAPTER SIX.
JUSTIN.


"Hello?"

"Justin?"

"Mike?" I sat up slowly in bed and felt my stomach fall to the pit of my stomach before I checked the clock. It was two am Paris time. I had flown to Paris a few days ago to promote the fragrance by Givenchy and had left Sara and Jen at home in the trusted hands of Mike. It wasn't until yesterday when Jen had called me that my stomach had began to feel uneasy. "What is it?" I instinctively knew something was up. "Are Jen and Sara..."

"They're okay thankfully," Mike replied and paused as I interrupted him.

"Thankfully? What happened?" I asked him, already feeling my panic mode coming on.

"Well there was a break-in at the house..." Mike began and I held my breath.

"A break-in? When? And where is Jen?" I asked him, hearing my own voice rising.

"An hour or so ago. She and Sara are at Shelia's until we can sort it all out. But I thought you should know," Mike informed me, he was way too calm.

"Ok. I'll be on the first flight out," I told him, getting out of bed and pulling off my jeans.

"Wait Justin you don't need to..." Mike began but I had already cut him off as I hung up the phone and began to frantically pack my things. I needed to get home FAST.


"You can't just pack up and go!" Rachel said a few minutes later as I updated her on the situation. "What about..."

"I don't care about that!" I snapped, grabbing my jeans from her hands. "Jen needs me. Sara needs me. I need to be with them. What if the guy comes back?"

"Firstly, you don't even know if it's a guy. And secondly I doubt they'll try again. Besides she's safe, they're with Shelia," Rachel said to me.

"But that's my point!" I yelled in aspiration, flinging the suitcase shut and glaring at her. "I need to make her feel safe. Not Shelia ok? I'm her husband it's my job. And being here... well I'm not doing a very good job of that."

"So what do you want to do? Just stop working every time something happens? Justin you can't always do that ok?" she replied and stopped as soon as she saw my eyes bulging out of their sockets.

"You just don't get it!" I snapped and zipped up the suitcase before pulling it off the bed. "I don't need it okay? I WANT to be there for her. So are you coming or not?"

She looked at me for a moment before sighing, "Yeah ok. Let me just get my stuff."


"What do you mean DELAYED?" I asked the ticket lady and glared menacingly at her.

"Well I'm sorry sir. But it seems as if the captain wasn't aware..." she began but I cut her off.

"I don't care. Make him aware. Make sure he knows when and where we need to go. Got that?" I snarled and felt a hand on my shoulder as the woman just nodded, scared shitless.

"Justin," Rachel whispered in my ear and smiled apologetically at the woman. "Sorry about him. He's just over worked."

"I can tell," the woman grumbled and looked at her computer, avoiding eye contact. I just rolled my eyes.

"How rude," I told Rachel as she pulled me away and made me sit next to Tiny before kneeling down in front of me as if I was a child.

"Now listen here," she told me and looked me straight in the eye. "You've got to calm down okay? You're acting like a mad man."

"But..." I began but she shook her head at me. When did she get so bossy?

"No buts," she said and turned to Tiny. "Keep an eye on him. I'm gonna go find out what's happening. We'll probably be able to leave in the next hour or so."

"OK," Tiny nodded and watched Rachel walk away. "Man you got creamed."

"What?" I asked him, now turning my attention on him.

" said..." Tiny began with a laugh but I cut him off.

"I know what you said ok? And I did not get creamed," I snapped and leaned back in the chair with my hands across my chest. "I just want to get out of here so I can be with my family."

"I know," Tiny smiled, calming down now. "But like Rach said, try not to act like a crazy person. It won't help anyone."

"I guess so," I sighed and rubbed my hand over my eyes. "It's just... I feel like such a failure. First Sara gets bombarded with cameras and now this? Man I am the worst husband EVER."

"You're not that bad ok?" Tiny assured me and rolled his eyes at my dramatics. "You do a lot more than what you give yourself credit for."

"Yeah like what? Allow someone to break into the house and almost kill Jen and Sara?" I asked him, looking him in the eye. Tiny sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Stop beating yourself up ok?" he said and looked around us, "You didn't allow anything. These things happen. And I bet if Trace and Jen were here they'd tell you the same thing."

"Yeah," I replied defeated, "I guess they would."


We finally got into LA, about a day later and the first thing I did when Trace turned up to pick us up was make a bee-line straight for Jen and Sara. They were still staying with Shelia, and afraid to go home.

"JEN!" I hollered as we entered Shelia's small house and Trace winced, slapping me on the back.

"Dude, shut up!" Trace laughed and I rolled my eyes at him.

"JEN!"

"Dude, this isn't your house. Have some respect!" Trace hissed and I shook my head.

"I need to know she's safe. Don't you get that?" I asked him and looked around. "And where is Shelia?"

"She's around here somewhere," Trace smiled and I rolled my eyes. Not again. He was always falling for Jen's assistants, this was bad. No wonder Shelia gave him the keys to her house with the excuse that Jen didn't want to be left alone, although I think that was Trace's clever idea.

"Well she better..." I began but stopped short and Shelia came out of the kitchen with a bottle in her hand. I grinned. "Hey Shelia."

"Justin," she smiled and handed me the bottle. "Trace."

"Hey Shelia," Trace blushed and I shook my head, stepping between them.

"Shelia where's Jen?" I asked her and she looked at me, finally breaking her flirting eye contact with Trace.

"She's in the guest bed room," she answered with a smile. "Second door on your left. But Justin..."

But I had stopped listening, breaking down the hallway at full speed till I reached the second door on the left and swung it open.

"Jen!" But my words were taken out of my mouth as I saw the scene before me. "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?"


"J!" JC jumped up nervously as I entered the room, causing Jen to look up.

"Justin!" Jen grinned and stood up as well, almost immediately flocking to me, ignoring JC completely. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard about the break in," I told her as if this explained everything, not moving my gaze from JC. "What is he doing here?"

"Well..." Jen began and blushed slightly, turning her head away so I wouldn't catch it but I did.

"I heard about the break in and thought Jen needed a friend..." JC began but I cut him off.

"Well that was real thoughtful of you," I told him sarcastically and looked at Jen. "Where's Sara?"

"In her crib," Jen answered and looked towards the crib in the room which Mike probably had hauled over here from the house. I smiled and walked over to it, pushing JC out of the way.

"Hey munchkin," I grinned and pulled the sleeping baby out of the crib and pulling her to my chest. "Did ya miss daddy? Coz I definitely missed you."

"Well we missed you too," Jen smiled, walking over to me and wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my cheek. I grinned even more and caught JC squirming out of the corner of my eye.

"Well I'm glad to hear it," I told Jen and turned to kiss her. "I really missed you."

"Me too," she answered and I put my arm around her, pulling her closer to me. "I'm glad your back."

"Uh I think I'll just be going," JC's voice interrupted out moment and I could have slapped him. But nodded, as if I was giving him permission.

"Yeah ok," I told him. "It was nice seeing you man."

"Uh same here," JC replied and shuffled on his feet. "See ya Jen. Call me if there's anything."

"I will. Thanks for coming JC," Jen smiled and gave him a small wave. He nodded and hurried out of the room so fast that I wasn't sure how he'd gotten out.

"So are you guys okay?" I asked, looking at Jen once I had regained my composure. She nodded and looked up at me.

"Yeah," she smiled and then let out a laugh. I wondered what was so damn funny. She could have been KILLED and she was laughing? What was wrong with her?

"Why you laughing?" I asked her, "This is nothing to laugh about you know. You could have died."

"I know," she smiled and kissed me quickly. "Then I guess it's a good thing I knocked her out."

"You knocked.." I began and stopped immediately noticing the reference to a female. "HER? It was a woman?"

"Yeah," Jen nodded and took Sara from me, "And a pretty crazy one at that." I swallowed slowly and let Jen take Sara from me. "Justin?"

"Uh, did you get a good look at her?" I asked and Jen shook her head, walking over to the bed and sitting down on it.

"No. Sara and I got out of there as soon as we'd called the cops and Mike. But I think Mike did," Jen answered and looked at me. "Why?"

"Just curious," I answered and walked over to her. "For future reference. In case the loony comes back."

"I guess you're right," Jen sighed and took the bottle from me. "But I'd just like to forget about it ok? It was pretty traumatic."

"I can imagine," I told her before looking at the door. "Look I need to go talk to Mike. Why don't you take a nap?"

"But you just got here!" Jen protested in disbelief, looking up at me. "I haven't seen you in a few days, and after what just happened... Mike can wait."

"Ok," I smiled at her and decided I should at least put off talking to Mike about the woman, and sat next to Jen. "So what else did you guys do while I was away?"


"She had blondish curly hair. Why?" Mike asked taking a sip of coffee a few hours later as I had snuck away from Jen and caught him to ask him about the woman who broke in.

"Curly blonde?" I asked, and gulped loudly. "Really?"

"Yeah," Mike nodded and looked at me, "Why?" I felt my eyes go blurry and for a moment I couldn't see anything. Heck I couldn't even hear anything with all that thumping. Ok, it was my heart. Hanna had gone through with it. She had finally gone to the cuckoo's nest.

"No reason," I lied and stood up quickly. "Uh, look I need to go check on something can you keep an eye on Jen? I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Sure," Mike nodded, looking at me wearily. "You okay man?"

"Yeah," I told him again and grabbed my phone. "I'm just gonna say bye to Jen and then head out."


"You're going out?" Jen asked looking at me as if I had gone crazy. "But you just got here!"

"I know baby," I cooed and kissed her gently, "But I, uh, just realized I needed to get something from the house. I would ask you to come with me but you know..."

"Yeah I do," she sighed and shook her head. "But can't you pick it up tomorrow? Just call Trace and tell him you changed your mind." I shook my head.

"Jen," I told her and knelt down in front of her, "I know it's hard and scary after what happened but you gotta be strong ok? I promise nothing will happen to you ok? Mike's here and he'll protect you if the loony comes back."

"That's not why I don't want you to go Justin," Jen told me and placed a hand on my cheek. "I missed you. I want to spend time with you." I gulped and forced a smile for her, as I placed a hand over hers.

"I know. And we will I swear," I told her getting up. "But I just have to do this one thing then I'm all yours ok?"

"Ok," she nodded and looked up at me and I grinned. "Be safe."

"I will," I told her and kissed her. "Bye."


"Hanna!" banged on the door of the dodgy apartment building that Trace and I had been directed to by the very nice police woman at the station.

"J!" Trace hissed and looked over his shoulder, as if someone was going to jump out of the shadows at us. "Keep it down."

"Oh come on T," I told him and rolled my eyes before going back to my banging. "Hanna! Open up! I know you're in there! I saw you looking through the blinds!"

"Jesus J!" Trace muttered and moved closer to me. "Keep it down! What if someone hears us?"

"That's the point!" I hissed back and turned to face him. "You'd think that after chasing me for so long she would be jumping to open the door."

"Well if I were her I'd be dying to hide behind the couch as long as I live," Trace muttered and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Can we go now?"

"No," I told him and peered through the window to see if I could see anything. "We're not done yet."

"Well we look like a bunch of crazies," Trace told me and pulled me back by the scruff of the neck. "And you look like a perv."

"I do not!" I protested and knocked on the door again. "I'm just checking to see if I was imagining things."

"Well..." Trace began but was cut short as my phone rang, causing us both to jump. "Shit." I laughed at him and flipped open my phone.

"Hello?"

"Justin?" I cringed, it was Jen. I looked at Trace and mouthed 'Jen' to him, he rolled his eyes at me.

"Hey Jen," I answered and stepped a few feet away from the door. "What's up?"

"What's up?" Jen repeated and I could tell she was pissed. "I'm just wondering where my husband is. It's been over two hours Justin. You said you would be back an hour ago."

"I know baby," I soothed and looked at my watch. She was right. "It's just that..... uh...... Trace had a bit of a problem... a bowel problem if ya know what I mean."

"J!" Trace called and I looked over at him with a shrug. I had to say something.

"Ew!" Jen laughed and I could imagine her shaking her head in disgust. "TMI Justin!"

"Sorry," I told her, "But now you know why we're late. But we'll be on our way soon ok? Give us half an hour."

"Half an hour?" Jen questioned and I know she didn't believe me.

"Yeah," I lied and looked at Trace, motioning for him to move towards the stairs. But before he could do anything the door to the apartment opened and Hanna stepped out, with a black eye and glaring at me. "Uh Jen? I gotta go. Trace needs to... um yeah... bye."

I hung up before she could say another word and gulped, licking my lips nervously and glancing at Trace.

"What do you want?" Hanna asked angrily glaring between Trace and I.

"We, uh..." I began and wondered why I was so bloody nervous. "We came to tell you that if you tried to come near my family again..."

"You'd what? Stick that fat bitch on me again?" Hanna snapped and I lunged at her, but Trace grabbed my shirt to stop me.

"Watch your mouth," I snapped at her, "Or else I'll be the one giving you a matching eye to go with the one my wife so kindly graced you with."

"Well you don't have to worry about that," Hanna snapped back and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Good. Because if you even so much as sniff our way I will have the cops on your ass so fast you'll forget who you are," I told her and looked at Trace, "Let's go T. I think we're done here."


"Man you're crazy," Trace told me a few minutes later as we walked into Shelia's house and I rolled my eyes at him.

"No. I'm just protecting my family," I answered and Trace snorted in reply. "Besides...."

"Thank god you're back!" Jen called interrupting our conversation and running towards me, wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Yeah," I nodded and wrapped my arms around her. "Where is Sara?"

"She finally fell asleep," Jen answered looking towards the room and I nodded.

"Where's Shelia?" Trace interrupted and I rolled my eyes at him while Jen chuckled.

"She's on the patio," Jen laughed and looked up at me as Trace thanked her and quickly flocked in that direction. As soon as he was gone we both burst out laughing.

"Man he's got it bad," I laughed and Jen agreed.

"Yeah," she answered and then fell quiet, "Just like he did with..."

"With Kia?" I asked her softly and looked down at her. "You still think about her?"

"What?" Jen asked and looked up at me, "No, of course not."

"Jen," I sighed and kissed her forehead. "You know, it's ok to miss her even a bit. After all she was your best friend for a long time."

"I know," Jen sighed and leaned against me, "But after what she did to us and Trace..."

"I know," I told her and smiled, "Look let's just forget about her for now ok?"

"Ok," Jen agreed and leaned up to kiss me. I kissed her back, glad to know she was okay and wanted to make all the bad that had happened the past few days go away. "I'm glad you came back."

"Me too," I grinned and was about to kiss her again when the door bell rang. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"I'll..." Jen began and I shook my head. It was probably another pap wanting to snap a picture. They enjoyed taking ringing the door bell randomly and getting Jen off guard.

"No," I answered and pushed her towards the bedroom, "Why don't you go and check on Sara? I'll get it."

"Are you..." Jen began and I nodded.

"Yeah. Now go," I said and watched her walk towards the bedroom as I turned around to call for Shelia. "She... Hey Shelia. Someone's at the door."

"Yes I heard it Justin," Shelia laughed, walking in from the patio with Trace close behind her as the door bell rang again. "Okay I'm coming!"

I laughed and shook my head, leaving her to open the door as I led Trace into the kitchen by the sleeve to tell him to cool it with Jen's assistant.

"Look man..." I began but Shelia interrupted by walking in and looking at me.

"Justin?" she asked.

"Yeah?" I asked looking at her, and she looked to the door.

"Uh, there's this girl here to see you. She says she knows you and Jen?" Shelia asked, unsure of herself. I gulped and looked at Trace who looked as if his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets.

"Uh, ok. Hey T, can you uh, go and show Shelia those things we brought back from the house earlier? I'll handle this," I told Trace.

"Yeah sure. Come on Shelia," he answered, shoving past me and grabbing Shelia's arm, leading her to the den. I was sure he had no clue what I had been talking about but I didn't care. I composed myself and slowly walked to the front door. This was bad, I thought to myself. How did Hanna find out this.....

"Kia?"


"What are you doing here?" I asked, crossing my arms across my chest and blocking the door way.

"I, uh..." Kia began looking down at her feet and then back up at me. "I came to check on Jen and Sara. I heard about happened..."

"So you think that after what you did you could just turn up and check on her?" I asked and eyed her, she had gained a few pounds. "Well you can't."

"Why not? I'm still her best friend!" Kia wanted to know and I shook my head before answering.

"Oh really? Because last I checked best friends don't not talk to each other for four months," I snapped back and she raised an eyebrow at me.

"Like you did with Trace?" She asked and I felt like throwing her over the banister.

"That's none of your business," I snapped and tapped my foot on the floor after she didn't reply for a while. "But since it was your fault as to what happened between us shouldn't you be wondering how he is? After all you did break his heart."

"How is he?" she sighed and I looked over my shoulder.

"He's doing just dandy," I told her and looked her up and down. "In fact, he and his new girl just stepped out. Do you want me to tell him something? Like sorry? Oh wait you don't do that do you? My bad."

"Look Justin," Kia replied, getting agitated by my attitude. "I know you hate me and all..."

"Oh I don't hate you," I corrected her, "I just despise you. There's a difference."

"Oh really like what?" she wanted to know, crossing her arms over her chest angrily.

"Like if I really hated you I would let you talk, but since I don't I'm just going to do this," I answered and with out waiting for her response I angrily slammed the door shut.

"Baby, who was that?" Jen's voice asked from behind me, causing me to turn around and smile at her.

"No one baby," I replied and leaned forward to kiss her, "Nobody at all."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story