CHAPTER EIGHT.
JUSTIN.


"Jen!" I scolded my wife.

"What? I was just wondering," she shrugged and I rolled my eyes. This was not the time.

"Well you shouldn't," I replied, "She's not worth the time."

"But.." Jen began and I shook my head.

"No buts," I interrupted and looked at Trace before Jen could continue, "So Kia came by? And wanted to work things out? What did you tell her?"

"Well..." Trace began and I saw a flash of eagerness fill his eyes. He did not! He needs to have a reality check. I totally flipped out.

"No!" I told him and shook his shoulders. "No!"

"What? I wasn't going to..." he tried again.

"Stop being stupid ok? Focus on something more important!" I rambled on and felt someone touch my shoulder. "WHAT???"

"Justin! Calm down!" Jen told me, jumping at my yell and yanking my arm away from Trace, who was looking at me as if I'd gone insane.

"No Jen! He needs to get it through his head...." I began and Jen just looked at me before bursting out laughing. Why was she laughing? I reached forward to check her temperature to make sure she was okay, maybe she couldn't handle what had happened in the last few hours and went mad. Jen batted my hand away.

"Stop it Justin," Jen laughed and looked between Trace and I. "You haven't even heard a word Trace has said."

"Yeah I did!" I protested and looked at Trace, "He was just telling me about how he was thinking about getting together again with...." My voice trailed off as I looked at Trace and Jen, both were looking at me as if I had gone crazy. I felt crazy. Was it hot in here or was it just me? "Shit, I need to sit down."

"Yeah you do," Jen smiled and helped me sit on a bar stool then went to Trace. "So what happened Trace? What did you say? What did she say?"

"Well," Trace began and paused, looking at me to make sure I wasn't going to go berserko on him again. When I kept quiet he continued, "As I was saying, she came by and wanted to get back together. I told her no, then she asked if it was because my new girlfriend."

"Your new what?" Jen asked, looking at me totally confused. I felt my cheeks go red. It WAS hot in here. I licked my lips and shrugged. "Justin what is he talking about? When did you start dating again Trace? Are you and Sheila?"

"No!" Trace replied and looked at me too, "And that's the thing. I thought she was crazy and I told her so. Told her she needed to get her head checked. Then she got mad and left."

"Really?" I asked, and heard my voice go up a notch. Thank god she didn't tell him about me, that would have sealed the deal for me. "That's good. You know that you told her... well now she knows how you really feel about her."

"Yeah," Trace nodded and rubbed the back of his neck. "But what I can't figure is where she got the idea that I had a girlfriend."

"Well look at the time!" I called and stood up quickly. "I better head off to bed. Early day and all. Jen can you show him out?"

"What Justin I.." Jen began but before she could finish I walked over to her and kissed her quickly.

"Thanks," I grinned and bolted out the door, up the stairs and into the bedroom, closing the door behind me before I actually went MAD.


"What is wrong with you?" Jen asked me, walking into the room a few minutes later with Sara on her hip. I smiled and walked over to her, rubbing Sara's head.

"Nothing. Did Trace go yet?" I asked and Jen nodded.

"Yeah, and he woke Sar-Sar up," she sighed and kissed the baby's forehead. "I was hoping her daddy could put her to bed with one of his songs?"

"Sure," I grinned and took Sara from Jen. "You still gonna be up when I get back?"

"Maybe," Jen smiled and kissed me quickly, "Why? What do you have in mind?"

"I can't tell you that!" I said and covered Sara's ears. "Well not in front of the kid."

"Oh really?" Jen laughed and kissed Sara's cheek. "I guess I'll have to wait then. Won't I Sar-Sar?"

"Don't give her ideas," I told Jen playfully and kissed her, "Well I'll be back. Come on Munchkin. You need to go to bed to mommy and I can have some alone time."


I got back from putting Sara to bed but found Jen already passed out, fast asleep in the bed. I smiled and climbed in beside her, pressing myself against her.

"Jen," I whispered and nudged her softly, causing her to smile with her eyes closed.

"What?" she asked and suppressed a laugh.

"You ready to get busy?" I whispered sexily into her ear and wrapping my arm around her waist.

"No I want to sleep," she whispered back and opened her eyes.

"You sure?" I asked and ran my hand up her stomach, "Because you know..."

"Yes really," she replied and gasped slightly as I cupped her breast and kissed her neck. "Justin!"

"Hmm?" I asked, leaving a trail of kisses along her neck as I made my way up to her ear.

"Stop it!" she giggled, but I could tell she was enjoying this. "What if we wake up Sara?"

"She's fast asleep," I replied and nibbled on her ear. "Open your legs so I can finish what I started."

"Fine," she muttered, but I could hear the eagerness in her voice as she obeyed me. I grinned and leaned forward to kiss her before letting my hand travel back down her stomach and between her legs.

"Hmm," I murmured causing her to laugh.

"What?" she asked and back at me.

"You feel nice," I whispered and kissed her again.

"You have a dirty mind," she whispered back causing me to grin evilly.

"I know," I told her and moved my hand faster against her, "But you like it."

"Yeah," she panted as I moved in and out of her faster with my fingers. "I guess I do."

"Good," I whispered and quickly removed my hand, causing her to gasp in protest. "Because I like it too."

She smiled and let me kiss her as I opened her leg with my knee and entered her really slowly, causing her to lean her head back, close her eyes and bite her lip in ecstasy.

"Jen," I whispered, "Look at me." She nodded and opened her eyes, allowing me to look deeply into her eyes and kiss her.

"Justin..." she began as I moved quickly inside her, making her breaths short and aspirated. "I love you."


When I woke up the next day, the bed was empty and Jen had disappeared. I yawned and clambered out of bed. After a quick shower I found my way downstairs to the kitchen where Jen was hovering over the stove with the phone attached to her ear.

"Hey," I said entering the room and walking up behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist and kissing her neck.

"Uh Sheila? Yeah I'll call you later bye," she hung up the phone and placed it on the side before turning around to face me. "Hey."

"So why'd you get up so early?" I whispered and kissed her quickly.

"Well if you do remember we have a child to take care of," Jen answered and pushed my chest gently. "She woke me up."

"Oh yeah," I grinned and looked around me, finding Sara fast asleep in her bassinet. "So what we up to today?"

"Well I don't know about you," Jen began and moved away from me, "But I have to leave for New York in an hour."

"Oh," I said deflated and frowned, "Okay."

"Justin," Jen whispered and looked at me, forcing me to look at her. "What is it?"

"Nothing.." I began and started thinking of all the lonely nights I would have once she and Sara left. "Okay I don't want you guys to go. It's too soon. What if the loony follows you to New York?"

"Justin," Jen laughed and I scowled at her. It was always like this, she was always laughing at the serious stuff we went through. "She won't come back okay? It's been over two months. Besides even if she does Marcus will be there to beat her down. And I can take care of myself."

"Well still," I said and walked over to Sara and picked her up. "I don't like the idea of being here when you'll be all the way there. We're a family we should stay together you know."

"I know," Jen sighed and walked over to me, "But I do have a job to do."

"I know and so do I. But do you see me gallivanting across the country without you? No. I stay here because we need to stick together," I rambled and saw Jen's face fall. "Look, it's just that after you know all that happened I've come to realize that we need to say together. We can't be kept apart no matter what."

"And you think a little distance will do that to us?" Jen asked and raised an eyebrow at me. I nodded, not noticing what an idiot I must have looked like. "Don't be silly J. Besides don't you have the ESPY's and all to work on while I'm gone?"

"Yeah but..." I began and sighed. "Man I'm a loser."

"No you're not," Jen laughed with me and shook her head. "You're just worried that's all."

"Yeah but I can't help it," I replied and looked at Sara, "Can I munchkin? Mommy makes daddy worry too much."

"Well I'll try to stop," Jen grinned and took Sara for me. "Come on Sar-Sar let's go get grandma so we can go."

"Wait!" I called as Jen began walking away, causing her to stop and turn to me.

"What?" Jen asked and I shrugged. She laughed and shook her head. "I think you need to go get a check up or something Justin. This behavior is not flattering."

"What behavior?" I asked her, suddenly offended and crossed my arms over my chest.

"This paranoia you've suddenly acquired," Jen smiled and I shook my head before nodding. She was right. I was getting paranoid. And it was my own damn fault.

"I haven't.." I began but was interrupted by the doorbell ringing and Jen telling me to go answer it.

"Can you go get that?" she asked, "It's probably Marcus with the car. Tell him I've gone to get momma and Sara. We'll be down in a bit."

"Ok," I grumbled and went to open the door.


"You can't go," I told Jen gripping her arm as she stood outside with Sara and Darnell and Marcus. They all looked at me as if I'd grown a third head. Jen smiled and handed Sara over to Darnell.

"I'll be there in a bit," Jen told her and turned to face me. "Justin!"

"What?" I asked her and pulled her to me, "Is it that bad that I don't want you to go?"

"Well no but... We're had this conversation before," Jen explained and I sighed.

"I know," I told her and gave her a kiss. "But.."

"No buts," Jen told me and looked up at me. "I'll be back before you know it and we can always fly out to see each other."

"Right," I nodded and thought about it. "Wait, why don't I come with you? That way we'll be together forever!"

"One, you sound like a sappy hallmark card," Jen laughed, "And two don't you have the ESPY's to host? So you can't come with me. But you can come see me."

"Fine," I told her and nodded eagerly. "I'll come the minute the ESPY's are over."

"Ok," Jen smiled and kissed me before she pulled away, "Just run it by Johnny first ok? Don't disappear like you did last time."

"Yes mother," I laughed rolling my eyes, "But I had a good excuse last time!"

"Yeah you did," Jen smiled and kissed me again, "But now I have to go ok? You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded, but felt myself bubbling up. "I'll be good."

"Good," Jen smiled and turned to Marcus, "Let's go. Say bye to daddy Sara."

"Bye munchkin," I whispered and leaned in to kiss Sara before pulling away. "Ok guys you go or you'll miss the flight. Bye."

"Bye," Jen said, kissing me and taking Sara from Darnell before walking to the car.

I watched them get into the car, waving and smiling as I did so, and watched them drive down the driveway and disappear. But as soon as the car went around the corner I turned around and walked into the house before I let myself go completely. I was going to miss my family.


"Man you need to tell her," Trace told me, I noticed a glare in his eye.

"Why? So she can leave me again? No," I told him and crossed my arms over my chest. Trace sighed and shook his head.

"Man, you are just asking for trouble," he said and opened up the water bottle that he was holding and took a sip.

"I am not," I answered and looked at him fidgeting with his water bottle. "What is wrong with you? You're fidgeting like a child."

"Nothing....Have you talked to Kia lately?" he asked taking me totally by surprise.

"What? NO," I lied and shuffled uneasily from foot to foot.

"You are the biggest liar on the planet," he retorted and shook his head.

"I am not!" I protested, I needed to keep my cool so he wouldn't catch on. "Why?"

"Well.. when she came by, she mentioned that she talked to you. So I was just wondering," he muttered and I felt myself turn bright red.

"She did?" I asked, my voice rising as I did so. "Why didn't you mention this earlier?"

"Because, I didn't want to get you into more trouble with Jen," Trace replied calmly and I sighed. Man, this day was just getting worse.

"Well ok," I nodded and looked at the clock, hoping it had sped up a few minutes more so we could have an excuse to leave before this got any weirder. It hadn't. "I talked to her, but I told her to fuck off."

"And you told her I had a girlfriend too, right?" Trace pressed and I nodded in defeat.

"Yeah," I grumbled and shook my head. "But it was for your own good. I wanted her to get the message and disappear again."

"Ok, then I guess I could forgive you," Trace reasoned, "But you need to tell Jen. Not only about Kia but about Hannah too."

"I will," I lied, "When our anniversary comes up."

"What? Why then? You want to ruin it for her?" Trace asked shocked.

"No! It's just that... she wants to go through with the divorce. So I might as well..." I began.

"When did she say that?" he wanted to know and I shrugged.

"Last night, when we were you know," I told him.

"Oh," he answered and looked down at the counter top. "So why not tell her earlier then? It would be easier."

"No it won't," I snapped and glared at him, "I would like to have a few more happy moments with my wife you know. Before it's all over."

"Oh so you're going to prolong it?" Trace asked and shook his head. "Man you're crazy."

"No I am not. I'm just being practical. Besides, if you look at it it's only better from a business point of view. I mean, if the press found out our marriage was just a farce then they'll have a field day, this way is better, they'll just think I was an asshole. It'll be better on Jen, I'll get the brunt of it not her. Trust me," I answered.

"No you won't," he told me and walked over to me, " You'll both get it just as bad. And once Jen knows she'll take Sara away from you for good."

"No she won't," I went on the defensive, although I knew he was right. "She can't."

"She can," Trace reaffirmed. "And she will. You know she will. Just tell her the truth J. BEFORE your anniversary. Give her time to be mad."

"Why so I can be miserable during my last months with her? No thanks. Besides, if she finds out she'll go beserk. This way is better. That way she can just be mad and divorce me for a good reason," I told him angrily, "Not because we had a contract. I want her to have a good reason to divorce me if she really wants to."

"You make it sound as if she's the only one.." Trace began.

"Well she is," I snapped, "Because to tell you the truth I don't want a divorce ok?"

"Why not?" He asked and looked at me as it registered in his brain. "You fell in love with her didn't you?"

"Well..." I started and looked away from him, I was beginning to feel uncomfortable with this whole damn situation. "Yeah I did."

"Shit," Trace replied and shook his head. "You know if Johnny finds out..."

"Which he won't because no one will tell him ok?" I glared at Trace, "Right? Please man you can't say ANYTHING. If he finds out..."

"I know," Trace sighed, "If he finds out then the whole deal is off."

"Exactly," I nodded and let out a long sigh. "I just.... she's the one for me T. I need her ok? I mean, I've never felt like this about anyone."

"I get it," Trace smiled and patted my shoulder, "You don't need to worry ok? We'll figure something out. maybe you won't have to divorce her. Maybe we can convince that what you did was for her own good?"

"Yeah," I replied sadly, the realization of Jen and I divorcing getting to me. "And hopefully she won't leave me and take Sara with her."

"Is that what it really is?" Trace asked concerned. "Loosing Sara?"

"And Jen," I answered, "Look man, I don't know ok? All I know is that I don't want this divorce."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story