Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is the next chapter enjoy!!
CHAPTER NINE.
JEN


July 21, 2008


"Jennifer Hudson has accomplished what any American could dream of...winning an Oscar for her first role in Dreamgirls and this fall her album will debut on September 30th under Clive Davis. How are you Jennifer?"

"I'm good, doing well."

"You've done movies...singing...is there anything you can't do?"

"Well I can't dance that well," I said letting out a chuckle.

"In the past year alone you have won an Oscar, you were in Sex and the City and suprising everyone in getting married to Justin Timberlake." They showed a picture of Justin and I on the street.

"Yes, it will be a year on September 27th just before the album comes out."

"I'll have to say you look fabulous love the shoes."

"Thank you. My momma picked them out," I said showing them off.

"You're going to sing your first single from the album called Spotlight correct?"

"Yes and you can get it on itunes everyone."

"Here she is Jennifer Hudson."


I made my rounds in New York doing interviews for the album. I was only gone for two days and I missed Justin already.

"Hello?" I was sitting on the couch in the living room watching Sara crawl around the room when my phone rang.

"Hey."

"Hey, what are you doing?" I said watching Sara crawl over to me.

"Nothing just hanging out, how was your day?"

"Good, I miss you." Sara pulled herself up pulling on my dress.

"I miss you too." We continued are conversation till I heard a knock on the door. Sheila went over to answer it.

"What up Justin!" Justin came in with his phone attached to his ear and sat his bag down by the door.

"AHHH!" I screamed, causing Sara to turn her head to the door, bouncing and laughing.

"Baby girl you standing? huh," he said walking over to me.

"You know I don't like suprises," I said, pushing him when he leaned down to kiss me.

"I know." He pecked my lips. "Hey munchkin." He picked Sara up kissing her cheeks.


September 12,2008.


"Its my birthday!" I said jumping up and down on the bed. The past two months had been crazy. I swear, I felt like I'd been in the twilight zone and I know we hadn't even started yet.

Traveling from New York to Atlanta to Toronto and L. A. to San Francisco, had just been a lot but I wouldn't have traded it for the world. Everything with Justin had been well, he was finally taking a long vacation, he was going to be traveling with me.

Lately it was just that he'd seemed a little jumpy at times. Every time I asked him what was wrong, he would say nothing even though we made a promise to each other that we wouldn't keep secrets. Sara, Sara it's her mission to start walking and getting into things. Its hard traveling with a 10 month old having to make a hotel room child proof.

My phone buzzed on the nightstand and I reached over to see who it was. "J. C."

I began texting him back. J.C. was such a sweet guy, we stayed in touch with each other at least every other week now it was every other day. I was busy texting on my phone that I didn't see Justin come in.

"Happy Birthday Baby!"

"Hey," I said looking up. He had Sara in his arms and a cardboard box.

"Say Happy Birthday to Momma Sara." She just waved her arms and reached out for me. Justin passed her to me sitting her on my lap. "This is for you." He passed me the box.

"Thanks...J you could have wrapped it," I said examining the box

"Just open it please," he said, I could tell he was weirded out so I just opened it and emptied out the contents.

"Wow...a puzzle," I said unenthusiastically. I'll admit I was expecting something a little nicer.

"Here Sara and I will help you put it together."

Justin helped me with the puzzle when we got half way threw and started to make out what it was I got excited. I put in the last piece and just stared at the picture.

"Jen?" I continued looking at the picture of a Range Rover.
"Jen!"

"Huh?" I said looking at Justin. He held up a key with purple bow.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" I grabbed the key, jumped off the bed and ran down stairs. I punched the button watching the garage door go up and my black 2008 Range Rover came to view with a big purple bow around it.

"AHHHH...I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS MINE!" I said running to the car.

"I think mommy likes her gift."


Later that night


This had to be the best birthday I ever had. I received a call and flowers from my family and other celebrities as well as gifts. Justin, Trace, Sheila, Rachel, her male friend and I went to dinner at Eva Longoria's restaurant Beso. Afterward Justin and I went home to spend some alone time.

"Why are you always passed out after sex?" I asked laying on his bare chest. He just shrugged his shoulders trying to sleep. I ran my finger over his lips out lining its shape. "Ahhh...Ha Ha." I let out a loud laugh and all of a sudden he bit my finger. "No biting its my birthday."

"Do you want me to respond to that?"

"No...I know you're going to say something dirty." He laughed

"Love you," He said opening his eyes and running his hands up my back.

"Love you too."

"I have one more gift," he said reaching over to open the drawer. He pulled out a small purple box holding it in front of me.

"What could top a car?"

"This." He opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"It's beautiful." He took my left hand pulling the ring off my finger.

"This ring symbolizes a meaningless agreement, to tell you the truth I was so mad and confused about what was going on I picked out the first ring I saw." I continued looking him and ring as he sat it down on the night stand. "This ring." He pulled out the ring from the box. "Symbolizes love, trust, honesty and commitment." I watched him slip on the new ring. "I love you Jennifer Hudson-Timberlake."

I looked at the ring on my finger and back at him. I gave him the most delicious kiss I could give.

"I love you too."


"Jen?" I felt Justin nudge me."Wake up." I pulled the covers over my head then I thought what today was and began to tear up. "Jennifer?" Justin yanked the covers back. "Baby why are you crying?"

"I can't believe this day is finally here." Today was the day my album dropped and I was just so overwhelmed with joy. I'd waited my whole life for this day and it was finally here. Justin wiped the tears from my eyes. There was a knock on the door and Sheila came in with an upset Sara.

"Here's your momma." Sheila passed me Sara.

"Today's mommy's big day Sar-Sar."


Later that night


I was laying in bed watching Justin walk around the room in his pajamas pants talking on his phone. Today was the one best days of my life, Justin Sheila, Marcus, Big Mike, and I all went out to Justin's restaurant Southern Hospitality.

"So I'll talk to you later for more details and what not." I watched him finish is conversation and head out of the room.

"Justin come to bed." Justin had been running around all day taking Sara to the toy store, buying her clothes and keeping her entertained. He walked into the room with a purple carry on suitcase.
"Boy what are you doing?" He put the suitcase on the bed.

"Open it up." I really didn't have time for games, I had a long day and I just wanted lay up with my husband. I opened the suitcase and looked at the contents, I picked up the lei and put it around my neck.
"Ooh...pretty.." I laughed picking out the contents. Flip flops?

"We can go to Maui. Or the mountains." I pulled out purple timberland boots and purple scarf.

"You remembered my favorite color," I said laughing. I continued looking and picked out brochures of resorts and tourism pamphlets.

"We can go anywhere you want to go for our anniversary."

"Really?" He nodded his head.

"Since we've been so busy we couldn't have an anniversary like everyone else so...we'll just have ours later."

"I love you," I said pecking him on the lips.

"Love you too."


We headed back to L.A. for a break/promotion. I was cleaning up when the door bell rang.

"I got it!" I yelled heading to the door. When I opened it my stomach tightened. "Kia?"

"Hey, can I come in?" I moved to the side letting her in.

"How are..... you look well," I asked leading her into the kitchen.

"I'm fine going back to school." She always said the she wanted to go back and finish her nursing degree. "I heard about the break in I came by but Justin said you were tired." I watched her sit on the stool.

"Yeah." I don't remember Justin telling me she came by.

"Hey Jen! Look...." Justin walked in holding Sara's hands as she tried to walk.

"Wow look at you Sar-Sar trying to walk...J you need to put socks on her feet." He was concentrating on Sara he didn't see Kia.

"She'll slip...What are you doing here?" He said looking at Kia. Kia just shook her head and looked at me.

"Justin please," I said getting frustrated. He picked Sara up and pecked my lips.

"We're going to Joey's, Brianna wants to see Sara." That's it no argument? I was expecting to clean up a blood bath.

"Ok...put socks on her!" I said watching him walk Sara out.

"Yeah, yeah."

"Would you like something to drink?" I asked Kia and smiling at Justin's response.

"Sure, I can't believe how big Sara's gotten." I smiled opening the fridge. "You and Justin seem to be doing well."

"We have to ya know," I said pouring lemonade in two glasses. I passed her the glass and walked into the living room. I sat on the couch and watched her look at the pictures on the mantel. She picked up a black and white photo of Justin holding a naked Sara wrapping her in his black leather jacket.

"I bumped in to Curtis and his hoe of a girlfriend," she said putting the picture back.

"What she look like?" I had to know what he left my best friend for.

"White, blonde dumb as a door knob." She came and sat next to me.

"How did you bump into them?"

"I was shopping in that new store downtown...she was looking in the lingerie section-"

"Why am I not suprised." I sipped my drink.

"So I go up to the counter to pay for my things she comes up behind me and asks the clerk where she could try the panties on."

"What!...you don't try panties on."

"I know right so the clerk just looked at her then Curtis came whispered in her ear and paid for the underwear."

"What did he say when he saw you?"

"At first he wasn't going to say anything till I said something first...Hi Marcus is this your tramp?"

"No you didn't."

"Yep. All he could do was rush her out of the store." Kia and I both laughed. We sat in silence before she spoke.

"Jen I'm really sorry for not telling you the truth."

"You hurt me Kia, and you lied on Justin."

"I felt like I was losing you to him."

"Why would you think that? At the time I cared about Justin but I loved you and I wouldn't of broken our friendship."

"Will you give me a second chance?" She reached to hold my hand. I didn't know what to say


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story