Justin's POV:
I knew that I was going to have to do something to get Britney off our backs, but I don't want to do anything to put my relationship with Hallena in danger. The last thing that I want is to lose her. Which puts me in a bad position. If I keep ignoring Britney she's gonna run and tell everyone what she saw. If I start spending time with her again, I'll lose Lena. God why does this have to be so hard. I'm happy for once and I can't even enjoy it because someone has to come along and ruin it.

"Damn it!" I yelled, punching the pillow on the couch beside me.

"What's wrong Justin?" Lena asked softly, as she walked in the room.

"Come here baby, we have to talk."

"O...Oh ok." she said, looking at the floor as she walked over to the couch, sitting down on the other end."What did I do wrong?"

"Nothing baby girl, come here." I tried to reassure.

She slid closer but still didn't take her eyes off the floor."Come here baby, I promise you're not in trouble."
She didn't say anything, but scooted closer."What did you want to talk about?"

"First of all I want you to look at me." I said, gently lifting her chin with my fingers until her brown eyes meet mine. “I love spending time with you and I really care about you, please remember that okay?"

"Okay."

"This isn't working out...."

"Are you breaking up with me?" she asked, as tears filled her eyes.

"No. NO. I'm not breaking up with you. I swear baby that is the last thing I'm going to do. The last thing I want to do. I want to be with you. I promise promise promise that I'm not breaking up with you."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. I'm not breaking up with you." I said, looking her directly in the eyes before leaning forward and softly kissing her lips. "I could never break up with you; I'm addicted to you, to everything about you." I said, kissing her again.

"Then why did you say this isn't working out?"

"I wasn't done with that sentence."

"Oh."

"We have to do something about Britney. If I keep ignoring her she's gonna go spill her guts to the press and that can’t happen. I'm stuck between a rock and hard place. I don't want to lose you, but I know that if I don't start spending time with Britney again that she's gonna blow this for us."

"So you want to still date me and go back to sleeping with her? Why because I don't know how to give you a blow job? Because I haven't slept with you? I... I can give you whatever you want just tell Me." she cried, as her tears started down her face.

"No Baby, I don't want to sleep with her. I don't want to spend time with her but I have to do something. You heard what Mom said, you heard her say that the press can't find out about this, she doesn't know how the state will like us dating and they could take you away and that is the very very very last thing that I want to happen." I said, gently wiping her tears away."I don't want and I won't do anything with Britney. All I'm willing to do is hang out with her. And don't for one second think that this is because you and I haven't done anything but kiss. I don't want to rush things with you. I want it to be special and magical and it doesn't matter, to me that we haven't done anything but kiss. I can promise you one thing baby; your first time doing anything like that is not going to be on some fucking tour bus or a cheap ass hotel room."

"I'm sorry." she whispered, looking back at the floor.

"Don't apologize, its okay. Just know that I'm not doing this because I want to be with her, and I'm not doing this to hurt you. I'm doing this to protect you and what we have. I don't want to lose you. Promise me that I won't lose you."

"I promise."

"No matter what?"

"No Justin, not no matter what. I won't be with you if you’re going to be screwing around with her. I won't. I can't. I don't care if you're doing it for me or not, it's still cheating and I... no I can't deal with that."

"Baby, look at me LeLe; I'm not going to screw around with her, I'm not going to cheat on you. I promise."

"I'm going to hold you to that too."

"Good, I hope you do. I don't want to be with anyone but you." I whispered, kissing her lips softly. "I'm gonna go call Britney okay?"

"Do what you have to do." she sighed, getting up and walking out, and I feel like I just lost her.

Hallena's POV:
Justin called Britney and asked her to come over when we got to the next city. He told her that she could ride with us. I know that he said he wouldn't screw around with her, but my Momma always told me that if they weren't getting off they wouldn't be happy and stay. I know that they have had sex and all the other stuff, so I don't really believe that he won't do it again. I try not to cry out loud. I know that Justin is a few feet away. I don't want him to hear me cry. I rolled over and buried my head in his pillow.

"Lena I need my pillows." He said, as he opened the curtain.

I didn't look at him; I just grabbed the pillows and handed them to him.

"Baby, talk to me."

"What is there to say?" I asked, trying to keep my voice as even as possible.

He crawled up into my bunk, before putting his stuff back in his bunk. At least I'll know if they are sleeping together, well sort of. When we're on the bus I'll know. He crawled back down and lay down behind me, pulling the curtain closed.

"Baby?" he asked, wrapping his arm around me.

I didn't answer; I just stared at the back of my bunk, trying to make it appear that I wasn't crying.

"Don't cry baby. Please don't cry."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are. Don't cry. Why are you crying?" he asked, wrapping both his arms around me, pulling me back against him as he buried his face in my neck, leaving soft kisses there.

"How can you even ask me why I'm crying? You know damn well why."

"Baby I promise that nothing is gonna happen with her. I'm only doing this for us."

"When you screw her is that gonna be for us too?" I spat.

"Hallena, I'm not going to screw her. I told you that. I'm not going to have sex of any kind with her."

"Well if you're not getting it from me, then where are you gonna get it from? I know how men work."

"How do you know how men work?"

"My Momma told me before she died. She said if they aren't getting theirs that they won't be faithful and they won't stay."

"Well that may be true of the men she knew, but that's not me. I don't care about that Lena. I don't want to lose you, how many times do I have to say that before you get that? I don't want to be with Britney I want to be with you!"

"I guess time will tell on that won't it?"

"Baby!"

"What?"

"Time will tell what? That I'm faithful and that I really want to be with you? Are my words and promises not enough?"

"I'm not stupid Justin, you two have a past. You already know all about her and her body. She doesn't want to be friends with you, she wants you. Hanging out might be enough for the first few days but then she's gonna want more, then what are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna be faithful to you! To you and only you. I don't care what she wants. I want you."

"Yeah, and in this great plan of yours when are we gonna spend time together huh? While your being all buddy buddy with Britney when am I going to get to see you and spend time with you?"

"She won't be here all the time I promise Lena. I swear that we will have our time together too."

"You're making a lot of promises Justin."

"And I'm going to keep them all you'll see. I don't want her baby. All I want is you." he whispered, leaning forward and kissing me.

I pulled back and pushed him away, “We’re here." I replied, turning back over.

"Baby please don't be like this. Please." He begged, before silently getting out of my bunk and going to meet her.

Justin's POV:
I promised her that we would still spend time together, strike that as one promise broken. Britney has been attached to my side every waking minute, sleeping ones too. Which has thrown Lena back into her hibernation mode. The only time I really get to see her is at the shows, she still watches. All I can do is look at her longingly. I want to be with her, to hold her in my arms again. The past month has seemed like years. I miss being with her so much it hurts. I physical ache for her. I have to do something. I paid Lance to take Britney out for something, I told him to keep her away for the whole day. We have a rare day off. Then I talked Jace into getting Hallena to come hang out with him, so they can talk about the whole adoption/foster home thing.

"JC, I just really want to stay in my room and study. Can't we talk there?" I heard her complain, as JC unlocked the door.

"No, you spend too much time in your room."

"I didn't used to."

"I know you didn't. We used to hang out more, what happened?"

"Britney did."

"What did she do?"

"Just never mind."

"Come on, let's have some fun."

"Do you know where Justin is? Is he with her again?"

"I.. I don't know." he said, as the door opened. “Ladies first."

I stood around the corner out of sight. I figured if she saw me she would turn and run.

"JC, that's not your luggage. JC?" She asked, realizing he was gone.

"No it's mine." I said softly, stepping around the corner.

"Justin." she said softly, tears filling her sad eyes.

"Oh baby, don't cry." I whispered, walking towards her.

"Do you still have the right to call me that?"

"God I hope so. I know that I said we'd still have our time together, but she's like a fucking leech. I paid Lance to take her out for the day. I just had to be with you, I can't take the pain anymore. I just..... I have to hold you." I said, tears filling my eyes too, as I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her against my body.

"What pain?"

"The pain of not being with you. The pain of being able to see you and not touch you or taste you or talk to you. God I've missed you so much baby. I watch you at night, at the shows. I just want to jump off stage and kiss you and hold you. I'm sorry I broke my promise, but I won't anymore. I have to be with you."

"I missed you too Justin." she whimpered.

"Shh, we're gonna be okay. We're gonna make this work." I said, pulling back and pressing my lips to her in a deep kiss.

I pulled her closer to me as I lead her towards the bed, making sure not to lose any contact with her body. I lowered myself backwards onto the bed, as she crawled on top of me. I wrapped my arms around her back and twined my legs with hers. I just had to be with her, touching her. It felt like Heaven. I wrapped my fingers in her hair using it to guide our kiss deeper. We both moaned, as she wiggled against me. I heard someone knock at the door.

"Dimmit!" I groaned, as she pulled back and climbed off me. "I'll be right back okay?"

"Yeah."

"I'm gonna get rid of whoever is at the door."

I looked through the peep hole to see Mom standing on the other side. I sighed, as I opened the door and let her in.

"Hey baby." she smiled, kissing my cheek, before walking into the room to see Lena. "Just the two people I wanted to talk to."

"What's going on Momma Lynn?" Lena asked softly.

"Come sit down Justin and I'll tell you."

I walked over and sat down on the bed beside Lena, pulling her to sit between my legs.

"I know that you too have been tearing each other and your relationship apart trying to keep Britney from opening her mouth about you."

"Okay?"

"So I took the liberty of calling Child Protective Services."

"You did WHAT?"

"Calm down Justin. I didn't tell them who I was or what child I was referring too. But I asked them how they deal with foster siblings in the older range dating. They said that generally it wasn't a problem."

"Generally?"

"Yes. Some kids become adoptable after so long and that's when they have issues with them dating. But since Lena's father is still alive and refuses to sign over his rights, she won't become adoptable, which means...."

"We're free to date openly, in public."

"Yes. While her case worker will monitor things a little more closer, they said that it was fine and the state of Tennessee has no problem with you two dating." Mom smiled," That's all I needed, I'll let you kids alone now. Have a good day and I'll see you tonight." She said, before standing and walking out of the room.

"Did you hear that baby, no more Britney and no more hiding!"

"So can I give that bitch the send off?" Lena asked.

"If you want." I smiled, pulling her into my arms tighter. “I love you baby girl."

"I love you too Justin."
Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Let me know what you think!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story