7 >> Drunk... And Hot Girls

It had been a couple of days since Justin and Rie were witness to their alleged coming out party on TMZ, and they’d both been avoiding one another because of it. Rie had never been called anyone’s girlfriend, especially not on national television, so needless to say, she was stunned. And for Justin, just the fact that people were insinuating he wanted a girlfriend at this point was making him crazy.

“I mean, are they aware that I was about to get married three weeks ago?” he was saying to his friend, Justin Huchel “ he was affectionately referred to as Huch whenever he was in town. “Who makes up this shit?”

“Well, you already know logic is not their strong point,” Huch laughed, his Boston accent bolstering through every syllable. “As long as you know how you feel, I don’t know why you’re worried about that shit.”

“It’s just annoying,” he sighed. “This is exactly why I have no friends that are girls.”

“You have Jessica.”

“She’s not a girl,” he scoffed. “You know what I mean.” He navigated his navy Beemer down Santa Monica Boulevard, stopping at a parking lot near their restaurant. “You wanted to eat at Boa, right?”

“Yeah,” Huch nodded, unbuckling his seatbelt. The two of them left Timberlake’s BMW to the valet, and headed up the rather quiet sidewalk. “Hey, so how’s Talis handling the whole ‘new girlfriend’ thing.”

Justin could only shrug. “Hell if I know. I haven’t seen or talked to her since Monday.”

“Wait, I thought you said she had come home?”

“She came by the house, yeah,” he frowned, holding the door open for his friend, “but I told her to leave.”

“What the fuck; why would you do that?”

“I was pissed off.” They approached the host stand, where Justin informed him, “Two, please.”

“Well you should be, but she’s still your actual girlfriend, isn’t she?”

“I think that deal was called off when she left our wedding, man.” They followed the maître d’ to their isolated table, taking seats across from one another. “You think I should let her come home?”

“Where’s she staying?” Huch inquired, gazing over his menu.

“I dunno,” Justin shrugged again. “Not with Jess, I know. And she didn’t go back to Texas with her parents, or New York with Tera, so… I don’t know.”

“And you don’t care?”

“I’m pretty indifferent right now,” he admitted. “I went from completely depressed to completely pissed off, and now I just “ I don’t care.”

“If you don’t care, then why can’t she come back home?”

Frowning, he sat back in his chair and glared as his friend’s words, knowing that he didn’t have any type of plausible answer. All he knew was that Talis chose to leave and he was choosing not to give a damn anymore. At least, that was what he’d been trying to convince himself of.

“Talis is a beautiful girl,” Huch started to say. “Flawless. Why the hell would you let her walk away?”

“It’s not about what she looks like,” Justin instantly denied. “Hell, flawless is a dime a dozen out here.”

“Not like that it isn’t.”

He smiled at the notion. The fact was, Talis was far from a dime a dozen, and even if he was angry… or not angry with her, he couldn’t deny that. “Fair enough. But even so, that’s irrelevant…”

“Fine, irrelevant. Look at it this way “ she has five years of you that she’s taking with you if you let her go. Do you really plan to let that just slip away?”

“I dunno, man. The truth is that I have no plans,” he divulged, realistically. “My plans were to be married and coming back from my honeymoon today. Now? The only plan I have is to refrain from saying or doing anything stupid when I’m in public.”

Huch had to laugh, because he knew how hard that was for Justin when paparazzi were on his heels whenever he left his neighborhood. “So then what are you doing with this chick, Rae?”

“Who the fuck is Rae?” he laughed.

“What’s the girl’s name?”

“Rie?”

“Yeah, yeah. Rie,” Huch supplied. “Is that your idea of not being stupid?”

“Well I honestly didn’t realize that going to dinner and a movie with her and her friend would make national headlines.” Justin thought about his statement and then added, “Which, I guess, was pretty stupid in and of itself.”

“Thank you.”

“But admittedly, I just wasn’t thinking that way at the time.”

“Yeah, you were thinking more about getting some new ass,” Huch teased.

“Dude,” Justin grinned. “Come on, that was the last thing on my mind.”

“Who do you think you’re talkin’ to, man? New ass is never the last thing on your mind.”

“Okay, true.” Justin was still smiling. “But it wasn’t the first thing either.”

“Am I not supposed to be noticing that big ass smile on your face?”

“I dunno what you’re talking about.”

“Yeahhh, you do,” Justin Too chided, nodding. “It’s plastered all over your face, buddy.”

Justin shifted his gaze to the rest of the dim restaurant, doing a bit of people watching as he sometimes tended to do. “Honestly though, that’s really not what I’m focused on right now. I just think she’s one of the coolest girls I’ve met in a really, really long time.”

“Oh, so we’re doing that ‘just friends’ thing we did with Talis then,” Huch recognized. “Got it.”

“We really are just friends,” he maintained. “Honestly, I just met her.”

“You know nobody believes you when you say, ‘Honestly,’ right?”

“Yeah, I know,” Justin rolled his eyes, finally looking back at his friend. “All I’m saying is that the only interest I have in Rie is as a friend.”

“And you have no interest in gettin’ laid? She must be busted.”

“No,” he quickly returned, “she’s fucking gorgeous. Remember Ava, one of my dancers on the last tour?”

“The chocolate one?” Huch smiled. “With the ass?”

Justin nodded. “Rie reminds me of her a lot.”

“Yeah, there’s no way I’m gonna believe you have no interest in gettin’ that.”

“Believe it, homeboy. I’ve got other things on my mind.”

“Like?” Huch pressed.

“Like…” Justin absolutely couldn’t admit that Rie had pretty much consumed his thoughts for at least the past week, so he signaled for their waitress. “You want a drink?”

>>>>>>>>>>

“I’m so jealous of your costume,” I tell Talis, staring down at my black-painted toenails. We’re at a nail shop in Santa Monica, getting our sexy on for the Halloween party we’re hosting tonight. “There are very few people that can rock a white catsuit.”

“Trust me, girl. Your black one is so much sexier.”

“Blah,” I stick my tongue out. “I’m glad you’re still coming.”

“Well, it is for a good cause. And we’ve been planning this for months now.”

“I’m excited to see how much we raise for MTDN. Whole Foods has agreed to match whatever we make at the party.”

“You didn’t tell me that,” Talis exclaims. “So that includes drinks and everything?”

I nod as my nail technician finishes painting my left hand and I place it under the ultraviolet dryer in front of me. “Everything.”

“That’s pretty fantastic.”

“It’s gonna be really groovy if we can pull off a solid hundred grand, or so.”

“Is Justin coming?” she asks cautiously, trying to avoid looking at me with her chestnut stare.

“I dunno,” I clear my throat. “Rach is coming, but she didn’t know whether she would be able to convince Justin to put on a costume and everything.”

“Oh, that man,” she shakes her head. “You know how he is, stubborn… but sweet.”

“Yeah, he’ll show eventually, I’m sure.”

“We’ll just have to make sure I’m on the other side of the room when he does.”

“You can’t hide from him anymore,” I tell her maternally.

“I can and I will,” she chuckles. “He will not be shooting daggers at me all night.”

“After all these years, you should know that glare is harmless.”

“Jess, he hates me right now.”

“And he’ll probably hate you for a while,” I concede, “but the more he sees you, the less it’ll hurt. You just have to keep reminding him of how things used to be.”

She nods in compliance, admiring her white nails as they dry, but she still seems troubled. “What about this girl you were telling me about?”

“Rie?”

“Is that her name? The one that was at his house the other night?”

“Yeah,” I sigh. “I mean, they just met a couple of weeks ago, so I don’t think she’s anything you need to worry about.”

“Are you sure, Jess?”

“No.” I attempt to laugh at my earnest answer, but I see that Talis is not so amused. “T, I don’t know what’s going on, honestly, but like I said, they just met, so whatever you’ve been reading is likely not true. He said they’re just friends.”

“But I didn’t just read it,” she counters. “The girl was at the house!”

“He said he left his wallet at her house; she was just bringing it back.”

She shakes her head in disbelief. “That was not a drop-something-off visit. I was out there waiting for a cab for a good thirty minutes, and she did not come out.”

“Were they fucking each other in that time?”

“I don’t know!” she chirps.

“Exactly. So you’ll have to take what he says at face value and hope for the best,” I retort logically. “Just refocus on all the fun we’re gonna have tonight.”

“Is she coming?”

“I did invite her,” I wince.

“Jesssssss.”

“I’m sorry! I just think she’s a cool girl,” I defend. “And so’s her friend, Jac.”

“I mean, she seemed nice enough,” Talis grants, “but ughhh. You have no idea what it felt like, seeing him let her into our house like that.”

I sigh again and give her my best sympathetic glance. “Just give it time, T. He’ll come around.”

“I know, I know. There’s just a lot that needs to be said, and the longer I wait, the angrier he’s gonna be.”

“That’s true.”

“But I guess I can’t talk to him if he won’t let me, so…”

“He’s gonna come around soon,” I repeat reassuringly. “Trust me.”

>>>>>>>>>>

The party at Area began promptly at 10:00 PM as planned, and the West Hollywood club was flooded with hundreds of partygoers and D-list celebrities the moment the doors opened. Most people were dressed in their Halloween best, drenched in dramatic makeup and oversized costumes. Jessica and Talis, who were overseeing the entire event, along with their friend, Lindsey, were pleased to see it start off so well.

“I’m glad you talked me into still coming,” Talis told her friend, gazing into the crowd. “Just looking at the bar already, I feel like we’re gonna make more than we thought.”

“My dad’s gonna be stoked,” Jessica marveled. Her father, after all, was the CEO of MTDN, and they made every effort they could to help the cause.

“Is he coming tonight?”

“I’m not sure,” she replied, frowning. “Justin “ my brother, not your Justin “ said he would definitely try to get him on out, though.”

Talis nodded, smiling at a couple of guys that passed by them. She and Jess, or the Siamese twins, as they were calling themselves for the night, rocked their white and black catsuits, respectively, over to where one of the owners, Brent Bolthouse, was greeting guests.

“Looking good, ladies,” he announced. “Very good.”

“Yeah?” Jess grinned. “Any issues so far?”

“Well, honestly, we might be at capacity before all the invited guests arrive,” he answered breezily, “but we’ll have that under control. Especially since we’ve got most of your people doing the setup outside.”

“Sounds good,” Talis nodded.

“Other than that, Elisha Cuthbert just came in. I’m not sure how you guys wanna handle that, but I received word that Justin Timberlake and his party are coming in soon, and she’s not exactly welcome by them.”

“Yeah, I’m sure Trace is with them,” Jess commented. “Shit.”

“Can we just make sure she stays away from the private lounges?”

“Sure, got it,” Brent nodded. “What are we doing about Jake and Reese and your boy?” he directed to Jessica.

“They’re fine,” she assured him. Ryan had already informed her that they were all amicable. He did have kids with Reese, after all. “Can you just keep us posted if we need to be aware of any other drama?”

“No problem,” he accommodated. “Go enjoy your party; it’s my job to handle this crap.”

The two gorgeous women offered him smiles and swayed their way back towards the VIP lounges. “This is gonna be fun!” Jess shouted over the music, her and Talis joining Lindsey at an empty table.

“Why is she so excited?” Lindsey questioned in a sarcastic tone, pointing to Jessica.

“Because the line of people trying to get in here is circling the block,” Talis smirked. “And Brent is pretty sure we’ll be reaching capacity soon.”

“Which means,” Jess inserted, “That I actually managed to plan something that I didn’t end in disaster!”

“Oohh, congrats,” Linds grinned. “But don’t be fooled, girl. The night is young.”

“She’s right, you know,” Talis inferred with raised eyebrows.

“Yeah, yeah,” Jess was still smiling, “but so far, so good.”

>>>>>>>>>>

A good hour later, the club had been filled and refilled with patrons, and guests such as Christina Aguilera and husband, Jamie Foxx, Gwen and Gavin, Lauren Conrad, and Jordan Farmar, just to name a few. They’d settled into the outdoor version of the party, dressed in their Halloween finest, when a commotion began to stir the crowded inside. The party had clearly gotten louder, so Jessica and Lindsey made their way in to find out what was going on.

“What the hell?” Lindsey yelled over the sound of Rihanna pulsating through the speakers. “Who is it?”

As if on cue, the DJ announced from his hidden booth, “Ladies and gentlemen! Justin fucking Timberlake is in the building!”

It’s getting late
I’m making my way over to my favorite place


As everyone screamed, Jess playfully rolled her eyes. “Of course it’s him.” She continued gazing into the crowd, waiting for him to appear. When he finally did, she understood what all the fuss was about.

“Holeeeeshit!” Lindsey read her mind.

The two of them shamelessly watched him move towards them, dressed as Tyler Durden “ a.k.a. Brad Pitt’s character in Fight Club. Justin had shaved his head for the costume, and he was dressed only in a pair of slacks, Doc Martens, dark orange shades, and a fur coat.

“Damn, he needs to warn a bitch before he rolls up like that,” Linds went on to say.

Jess was still a little taken aback, so all she could do was chuckle, her mouth still ajar.

“See, this is all because you and Talis have him working out twenty-four seven,” Lindsey continued to marvel, practically drooling over his ripped torso. “I mean, shit. It’s like you can actually see the pecs through the fur coat. And his stomach! Look at th--.”

“Yeah, got it, Linds,” Jess retorted, cutting off her gushfest. She spun on her heel to head back outside where she could hopefully breathe again, but reached the door at the same time as Justin.

I gotta get my body moving, shake the stress away
I wasn’t looking for nobody when you looked my way
Possible candidate, yeah


“Hey,” he greeted her, welcoming her into his embrace.

“Hey! You made it,” she smiled, inhaling his scent.

“I figured this was too good a costume to waste,” he shrugged, accompanying her to the party outside by the small of her back. “Looks like a good crowd.”

“Well hey, you heard ‘em in there, superstar.” She offered him the Corona she’d been holding and not drinking for the better part of fifteen minutes. “I should’ve known it was you. You’re the only guy I know that causes mass hysteria like that.”

“I try,” he grinned, taking a sip from the beer.

“Hey, where’s Rach and Huch and everyone?”

“They were right behind me,” he turned around as if they were still supposed to be there. “Or they were.”

The fact that she was staring at his stomach could’ve easily been the reason she missed them, but she didn’t want him to know that. She only replied, “Oh. Hmm.”

“You look good, by the way.”

“Really?” She was taken by total surprise by his compliment. “Wow, thanks.”

“Why so shocked?”

“I didn’t think you noticed me. Ever,” she answered honestly with a chuckle.

“Awwwww.” He affectionately locked his arm around her neck and kissed the top of her head. “Trust me. I’d notice anyone in a catsuit with an ass that big.

She elbowed him in the stomach, which was rather pointless since it was rock-hard, and laughed again. “I’m gonna get a drink; you want?”

“I’m good,” he held up his beer.

“Go mingle,” she directed. “Everyone’s been waiting for you.”

“That’s what I was afraid of,” he flashed his smile.

“It is a party, you know.”

“I got it,” he assured her, turning just in time to see Talis strut past him, resembling some form of a sexy ass angel in her all white. She didn’t notice him when she passed, but his eyes lingered on her even moments after she was gone. He swallowed hard and called after his best friend. “Jess, I think I might need that drink.”

She was oblivious to his reasoning, but willing to oblige. “Captain and Coke?”

He nodded. “Minus the Coke.”

“So you just want straight rum?”

“Well… there can be some ice.”

“You’re a mess,” she laughed. “Don’t go too far.”

“I’ll be right here. …Not watching Talis,” he mumbled. He didn’t know whether it was the fur coat or what, but after seeing her, his temperature seemed to have risen.

He was thankful when he felt his phone vibrate against his ass. It was Rie, asking if he’d gotten there yet. She was stuck outside, due to that whole capacity issue, and she was hoping he could help her out. After having Rachael scope them out and get them in, it wasn’t long before Rie and Jac appeared in the VIP lounge with Justin.

“Dammmnnnn,” Rie grinned widely, approaching him. “Brad Pitt in Fight Club, right?”

Who knew that you’d be up in here looking like you do?

“Guilty,” he bowed his head. He smiled over to Jacqueline and laughed. “Okay, I’m gonna guess that you’re Tom Cruise in Risky Business?”

Jac, who was dressed in a long-sleeved oxford shirt, a pair of tighty-whiteys, and stilettos, laughed out loud. “Yes! And Rie said no one would get it.”

“Now see, I got yours immediately,” he supplied, “but Rie, what are you supposed to be?”

Rie was dressed simply in a revealing blue jersey dress, with a V-neck that came to her navel. To top it off, the bottom barely came past her ass, and she was amused to see that Justin was audaciously enjoying the view, much in the same way she was with him. “Devil in a blue dress,” she finally divulged.

“Nice,” he granted, seemingly rather mesmerized.

You’re making staying over here impossible
Baby, I must say your aura is incredible
If you don’t have to go, don’t


“Should we grab a table?” Rie suggested.

“Yeah.” He seemed to regain his focus for a moment. “Inside, or out?”

“Outside. It’s not as loud, so we don’t have to be all up on each other to hear.”

“Guys,” Jac inserted, “Orlando Bloom is here. I’m gonna go find out if Miranda is with him.” She was referring to his supermodel girlfriend, Miranda Kerr. “If she is, that would make my life.”

Rie chuckled. “Well you know that chick is always hanging on him. Find your girl,” she encouraged.

“I’ll catch up with you later.”

Rie gave her a little wave and looked back up to Justin. “I’m sorry, where were we?”

“We were getting a table inside,” he lied, setting his empty beer bottle on a table beside them. He led her inside the crowded and overbearingly loud club, even though Jess had yet to return with his drink, and slid into an open booth.

No one was more surprised than Rie when he actually allowed her to sit next to him. Closely. “Is this a part of your costume?”

“I beg your pardon?” he spoke loudly.

Cautiously, she leaned in to him to say directly to his ear, “Is this whole thing a part of your costume?”

“What whole thing?” he frowned, getting a whiff of her perfume. He instantly recognized it as Burberry Summer. “I have the male version of that perfume you’re wearing,” he announced.

She smiled and leaned in again. “That’s not very interesting!”

“It isn’t,” he agreed, grinning. “That was just my way of telling you that you smell amazing.”

“Whoa, ego much?”

“It’s huge,” he nodded, and then added with a laugh, “My ego, that is.”

“I heard you have other things that are huge, too.”

Justin wasn’t sure if she was flirting, or being sarcastic, so he went with the safe route. “The rumors are true,” he admitted, “my shoe collection is kind of ridiculous.”

She smiled brightly and studied the Brad Pitt version of Justin. “I really like your hair like that,” she noted, referring to his newly shorn buzz cut. “Sexy.”

“Well thank you.” He took the sunglasses that he’d been donning all night from the top of his head and ran his left hand over what was left of his hair. “Jess and my cousin “ have you met my cousin, Rachael?”

“No, not yet.”

“Oh. Well she’s running around here somewhere, dressed as the lead in an iPod commercial,” he chuckled. “But anyway, they always said they liked my hair grown out a little, so that’s how I kept it.”

“You’re so sweet.”

“I aim to please.”

“That’s good to hear.” She leaned into him, beginning to turn a bit intense. “It would please me if we could talk about this whole ‘situation’ looming over our heads.”

“We have a situation?”

“Well yeah, they kinda called us out as a couple on national television.”

“Rie.”

“I know, now is a ridiculous time to bring it up,” she acknowledged, “but it’s hard to sit here with you, knowing that we’re avoiding the subject.”

He stared at her for a moment, searching for her eyes beneath her purple and black bangs. “Why don’t we get a drink? It’ll be off your mind in no time.”

She flashed her smile at him before looking down. “Sure, you buying?”

“Of course.”

“Get me a Black Velvet,” she told him.

He chuckled as he removed himself from their table. “Is that your nickname or somethin’?”

“Ooh, funny man. Go be offensive somewhere else,” she grinned, watching him walk away. “Shit,” she sighed, closing her eyes.

Justin quickly found the bar, successfully avoiding the catcalls and booty grabs on his way. “Lemme get two Black Velvets and two Black & Tans,” he proclaimed to the first bartender to look his way.

I wanna take you away
Let’s escape into the music, DJ let it play


He looked around, noticing Jess’s new boyfriend standing not far away. He was dressed as The Dark Knight version of The Joker, but he knew it was Ryan. Justin thought for a moment about getting his attention, but he figured it would be futile considering the volume of the music. And then, before he knew it, he’d locked eyes with Talis. He considered turning away and leaving the bar altogether, but he didn’t want to have to go back to Rie without drinks, and for whatever reason, he couldn’t take his eyes off of his ex. Why did she have to be so stunning, he wondered. He’d met her almost six years ago, and he still gaped at her like her face was a new discovery at times.

“Hey,” she found herself saying to him in a moment of gall.

He looked down, resisting the urge to be an asshole in front of all those people. “Hello.”

“Will you ever stop being mad at me?”

“I’m not mad,” he returned, rubbing his cheek, which was covered in light scruff. “I just don’t have anything to say to you.”

She watched him receive four drinks and looked around for any familiar faces. “Who are you here with?”

“Why?”

“I’m curious.”

“Rachael, Trace, Jo, and Huch.”

“Who’s not getting a drink then?” she pressed.

He began collecting the drinks, strategically balancing the glasses amongst his two hands. “Does it matter?”

“Lemme buy you a drink,” she offered eagerly.

“I’m all right.”

“Justin, come on. I only got the nerve to talk to you because I’m hella buzzed; please don’t turn me down.”

“No thank you, Talis.”

“Just one drink!”

“Try me again after I’m drunk,” he told her, beginning to walk towards his table.

“Will do,” she simpered, watching him saunter away.

I just can’t refuse it, like the way you do it
Keep on rocking to it
Please don’t stop the, please don’t stop the music


Carefully, Justin returned to his table to find Rie already nursing a drink and chatting up another guy who’d apparently caught her eye. “Hey,” he announced, setting his four glasses on the table in front of her. “I thought we’d catch up with the rest of the party.”

The guy, who he eventually recognized as Chris Brown, turned and immediately got up from the table when he saw that it was Justin. “What’s up, man?” he greeted with a huge smile. Chris, admittedly, adored Justin.

Justin returned the favor with a polite grin and a fist bump. “How you been, man?”

“Good,” he nodded. “My bad, though, I ain’t mean to be rollin’ up on your girl like that.”

“It’s cool, she’s definitely not--.”

“Why didn’t you tell me your man was Justin Timberlake,” he directed to Rie, then turned back to Justin. “For real, though. No disrespect, man.”

“It’s cool,” Justin assured him with a laugh. “She’s single, as far as I know.”

“I feel you,” Chris nodded, still smiling widely. “I just “ no disrespect, dude. Just so you know.”

“Trust me, man. It’s fine.”

“I’m gonna bounce, but you know…” he tipped a nonexistent hat to both of them and knocked on the table. “Y’all have a good night.”

“Go find your ‘friend’ Rihanna,” Justin teased, playfully kicking him out of the way. “He’s a good kid,” he commented, reclaiming his seat next to Rie.

She only took a sip from the drink Chris had presumably gotten her, and looked down.

“What’s wrong?” he immediately noticed her solemn demeanor.

“I dunno,” she exhaled, not wanting to look at him.

“Rie, come on. What’s up?”

“It was just weird how you were so quick to say that I’m definitely not your girl.”

“Well, you’re not.” Since she already had a drink, he took it upon himself to down the Black Velvets he’d gotten for her.

“I know that, Justin. But you don’t have to act like you’re so revolted by the idea.”

“Ah, shit,” he mumbled. “Please don’t do this, Rie.”

“I’m not doing anything,” she shook her head, “I just “ I found it weird.”

“You’ve been a really cool girl up until now. Please don’t fuck this up.”

She was obviously offended by his comment, as she frowned in response. “What am I fucking up?”

“Rie, come on.”

“No, you have to explain it to me, because I don’t understand. You have no problem eyeing my titties all night long, but when someone even insinuates that we could possibly be together, you turn into the fucking scarecrow. Oh, but shit, if you only had a brain.”

“Rie, I didn’t mean to offend you,” he offered quietly, “I just don’t want people getting the wrong idea.”

“You mean you don’t want me getting the wrong idea. Right?” She kept her eyes on him, waiting for an answer. “I already told you I’m not trying to fall in love with you, Justin. It’s just not something I do “ that’s more up your alley, don’t you think?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means, maybe you think I have the wrong idea because you do.”

“I don’t think--.”

Before he could come up with something plausible to say, she was escaping the booth and heading downstairs.

With his elbow rested on the table, he ran his hand over his face, groggily staring into the crowd. He didn’t know what to make of what had just happened, so he did his best to put it out of his head. His buzz was beginning to get the best of him, and the last thing he wanted to do was try and decipher womanspeak in the midst of it. So he started on the one drink that was left.

After minutes that seemed like hours of sitting alone, Talis reappeared in his life, with the drink she promised him. “Jess asked me to give this to you.”

He looked up, amused that she was so persistent. “Thanks.”

She took it upon herself to sit down, well aware that he was more than likely going to tell her to leave. For the third time that night, he surprised a female companion and allowed her to stay. “You look good,” she declared.

He nodded slowly. “You look really good,” he told her.

“Good enough for you to let me come back home?”

“Not that good,” he smirked, yawning.

“You don’t miss me? At all?”

“I miss you like hell, Talis. But it’s just not that simple.”

“Is it because of your new girlfriend?”

“For the hundredth time,” he fervently began to explain, “she is not my girlfriend.”

Speak of the devil, Rie was returning to the scene at that moment, realizing that she had kind of acted out before. She was just as frustrated with all the girlfriend talk as he was, and she wanted to apologize for going bitchass on him. That was, after all, what she was there to rid him of, and she could admit that. In fact, she would have, except that as she was approaching the table, she watched as Justin leaned in and kissed his ex. Or maybe she wasn’t his ex? Rie wasn’t sure what to call her, but she was certain that Justin and Talis were liplocked, and whatever she’d said to him clearly didn’t matter much anymore.

Do you know what you started?
I just came here to party
But now we’re rockin’ on the dance floor, acting naughty
Your hands around my waist
Just let the music play
We’re hand in hand, chest to chest, and now we’re face to face


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: interracial unrequited boyfriendj love fiancej vulnerablej