Author's Chapter Notes:
A new chapter? What?! I know! I'm SO extremely sorry! You guys have no idea how much I've been agonizing how long it's taken me to update. It's been about a week since school's been out and I've been trying to write every night. Updates should be faster now for a little while until school starts in Feb. I don't want to make any promises cause I always do, and never keep them. So I'm just tellin ya I'll make more updates :). Anyway, I hope you guys are enjoying the story. Please continue to let me know what you think! :) Thanks for all the reviews I appreciate them ALL!
Chapter 10:

Hannah changed into a pair of jeans and a loose blue tank top. She stuck her hair up in a ponytail to keep it out of her eyes and slipped on a pair of socks not knowing if they were going out or if they would stay in. As she finished getting ready she heard a knock on the front door. She sighed looking at herself once more in the mirror before answering it.

Trace was at the door holding a big brown grocery bag; dressed in a pair of faded blue jeans and a red and white flannel short-sleeved shirt that was unbuttoned and had white T-shirt under it.

“She’s here!” Trace said with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes before moving out of the way for Trace to make his way into the bungalow.

“I brought dinner,” Trace said with a smile. “Well kinda.”

Hannah closed the door behind him and followed him into the kitchen where he set the bag down on the kitchen counter. She was standing next to him, standing on her tiptoes to peek into the bag.

“What did you bring?” she asked.

“Something simple,” he replied as he started to take the contents out of the paper bag. “I saw Tara at the market, she was buying beer.”

Hannah looked at him. “She was?” she questioned.

Trace nodded. “I don’t think she recognized me though,” he chuckled. “Or she was ignoring me on purpose.”

Hannah rolled her eyes. Trace took out a bag of ribbon pasta, a jar of garlic and tomato sauce, a loaf of fresh baked French bread and a bottle of wine.

“Well you took out all the stops didn’t you?” Hannah teased as she looked at the contents sitting on the counter.

Trace chuckled as he folded up the paper bag, “Will Teddy be joining us?” he questioned as he looked around the room, expecting Teddy to pop out of somewhere.

Hannah shook her head. “Teddy went home today,” she explained. “Tara’s manager thought that it was pretty safe here and she didn’t need a bodyguard.”

Trace nodded in understanding. “Interesting,” he said then rubbed his hands together before saying, “So tell me where everything is so I can get started.”

Hannah went behind the counter and started opening up drawers taking out a saucepan and a large pot to boil the pasta. They started making dinner together as they made small talk; they talked about jobs, favorite foods, books, anything that they could think of, except of course, past relationships.

Pretty soon they were sitting in the living room at the small coffee table their plates in hand and their wine glasses sat on the coasters and they enjoyed their meal.

“So does Tara have a busy weekend ahead of her?” Trace asked as he ate a piece of the buttered French bread that he grilled in the oven.

Hannah nodded as she sipped her wine. “I’m pretty sure,” she explained. “We’re supposed to be filming at some house on Adams this weekend.”

“Sounds fun,” Trace winked.

Hannah giggled. “What about you? Long days at the auto repair shop?” she questioned.

“I don’t know yet, I’m usually only on call on the weekends I let the guys run the show,” Trace replied.

“Wow, you got it tough,” she teased.

Trace chuckled as he finished eating. “It’s the perks of owning your own business,” he said with a sigh.

Hannah giggled as she finished eating.

“I might be going with Justin and Randy to Millington this weekend if you want to join us,” Trace said.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “You know I have to stay with Tara,” she explained. “That is why I’m here.”

“Well, just so you know you’re invited,” he said with a smile.

Hannah sighed before finishing off her pasta and sat the plate down on the coffee table.

“Well, that was surprisingly good,” Hannah complimented.

Trace smiled as he finished his food as well and got up picking up her plate and taking it into the kitchen.

“I’m glad you liked it,” he said.

He finished clearing off the dishes before coming back to sit back down next to her on the couch.

“So,” he said clearing his throat. “Any family Ms. McCoy?”

Hannah smiled as she sat back against the couch cushion with her wine glass in hand as she watched him.

“I have a brother back home,” she explained.

“And back home is?” he questioned.

“Pennsylvania,” she said. “Well, it’s not home really, but it was where I grew up.”

“Where’s your home now?” he questioned.

“New York,” she said.

He nodded. “So you have a brother, older or younger?” he questioned.

“Younger,” she said. “He’s as spoiled as they come too.”

Trace chuckled. “Of course,” he said. “Your parents?” he questioned.

“They’re both alive and well, still married,” she explained.

He nodded as he took another sip of his wine.

“What about you Mr. Ayala?” she questioned. “Don’t think you’re getting out of this questioning,”

Trace chuckled as he told her about his family and growing up in this small town. They laughed and talked for awhile before Hannah heard a knock on the front door. Her eyebrows creased together in confusion as she got up making her way toward the front door.

Tyler was standing there, dressed nicely in khaki pants and a light blue button down shirt.

“Tyler?” she questioned.

He looked at her and smiled. “Hey Hannah is Tara around?” he questioned.

“Oh um, she’s not actually,” Hannah said.

“Is she at Renee’s?” he questioned looking at Renee’s bungalow. “I’ll just head over there.”

“No, Tyler she’s-“ Hannah started. “She’s actually having dinner with Justin tonight.”

“Oh,” Tyler said his face fell. “Justin was the basketball coach or something right? The one at the bar?”

Hannah nodded. “I can let her know you came by,” she said.

He nodded before running a hand through his shaggy hair before turning to look at the rippling lake.

“Um, sure let her know,” he said. “Tell her to call me if it’s not too late.”

Hannah nodded. “Will do,” she said.

Tyler looked at her once more before turning and walking down the steps to the ground and made his way toward his own bungalow on the other side of the lot. Hannah watched him walk away before turning and closing the door behind her and made her way back into the living room where Trace had been watching the whole thing.

“Uh oh,” he commented as he took a sip of his wine.

Hannah went and sat back down next to him, a look of concern covering her features.

“Looks like there’s going to be a love triangle going on,” Trace teased.

Hannah chuckled before sipping her wine once more. “Maybe I should call her,” she replied more to herself then anyone else.

Before Trace could reply she got up and headed toward her bedroom where her purse was sitting and searched in it for her phone. Trace watched her with a chuckle, as he sighed and leaned back against the couch. Hannah came back out with the phone to her ear and glanced at him before she walked toward the kitchen.

He could hear little bits of her conversation from the living room before he got up to get himself another glass of wine. Hannah glanced at him as he poured himself another glass before holding the bottle up for her to see,

“You want more?” He questioned

She shook her head before putting a finger over her lips signaling him to be quiet. He chuckled before finishing pouring himself a glass and put the cork back into the bottle. He walked back into the living room as he heard her explain,

“No, no,” she explained. “That’s someone else.”

He chuckled as he sat back down on the couch and waited for her to come back into the living room. He heard her giggling before he rolled his eyes and took another sip of his drink. A few minutes later, Hannah walked back into the living room with her wine glass and took a sip before sitting back down on the couch.

“Everything ok?” he questioned.

Hannah nodded.

“Drama?” he questioned.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “God, I hope not.”

They got settled in and talked more about whatever came up as they finished off the bottle of wine. It was 10:30 when Hannah got up, yawning as she stretched out before walking into the kitchen to put her glass in the sink. Trace looked up at her and chuckled as he got up as well.

“I guess that’s my queue,” he said as he took his wine glass into the kitchen.

“Sorry, it’s going to be a long day tomorrow,” Hannah said watching him.

“It’s fine,” he said.

He dug into his jean pocket to get out his car keys as Hannah watched him.

“Well, you have my number if you want to hang out this weekend,” he said with a wink.

Hannah smiled and nodded. “We’ll see how things go,” she commented. “You can stop harassing me now,” she winked.

He rolled his eyes. “You love it girl,” he chuckled.

He made his way toward her, and wrapped her in a tight hug. Hannah hugged him back not quite sure what to do, as she wrapped her arms around his waist.

“I had a good time,” he said. “I hope we can do it again soon.”

Hannah broke the hug, before standing back and crossing her arms over chest.

“Thanks for dinner,” she said. “It was really good.”

He chuckled and nodded. “No problem,” he said then looked at the front door. “Well, I’ll see you later.”

She smiled when he opened the door and walked out of it. Hannah stood by the door watching him walk down the steps. He reached the bottom before he turned and made his way back up the steps towards Hannah. Before Hannah could react, Trace’s lips were against hers as he leaned her back against the doorway and kissed her passionately.

Hannah was a bit taken back with the kiss, but when she felt Trace’s tongue move against hers, her eyes closed as a breathy sigh escaped her lips and she kissed him back. They soon broke the kiss pulling away from each other slowly, Hannah opening her eyes slowly as Trace looked down at her smiling. He leaned forward to kiss her forehead before pulling away and making his way back down the stairs.

“I’ll see you later,” he said before making his way toward his truck.

Hannah closed the door and leaned her back against it with a sigh as she closed her eyes and tried to relax her breathing. She heard Trace’s car pull onto the gravel road and take off before she moved and finished cleaning up the kitchen and living room before sitting and waiting for Tara to return.

-*-

Justin, Tara and Randy spent about 45 minutes playing. Randy all the while was trying to help Tara get a basket, as Justin continuously made one basket after another. The fact that Tara wearing sandals didn’t help them too much either. So after a while they stopped to take a break and Justin went inside to get some water bottles.

Tara and Randy were sitting on the basketball court next to each other as they leaned back on their hands and looked up at the starry sky.

“Sorry I couldn’t make any baskets Randy,” Tara said. “I told you I was no good.”

“That’s okay,” he said. “I’ll teach you.”

Tara smiled as she reached over and ran a hand over his head through his short blonde hair. He smiled as he moved himself to sit closer to her and leaned against her and his eyes began to close. Tara looked down at him, surprised but didn’t move him.

By the time Justin came back, Randy was dead asleep leaning against Tara a small smile on his lips. Justin stopped in his tracks when he saw the pair sitting on the floor. Tara turned to look at him when she saw his shadow move closer on the pavement.

“He passed out on me,” Tara said with a giggle.

He smiled as he made his way over to her and handed her the water bottles before bending down and picking Randy up wrapping him into his arms.

“I’m just going to put him into bed really quick,” he commented.

Tara nodded. Justin made his way back into the house as Tara stayed where she was on the pavement. She reached over and took a drink of one of the water bottles before leaning back and laying on her back and looking up at the sky.

A few minutes later Tara heard the back door open and close, and Justin made his way toward her. He sat down next to her reaching for the other water bottle and opened it taking a drink quickly before laying on his back looking up at the sky as well.

“He’s gonna be out until morning,” Justin said with a chuckle.

Tara smiled. “Are you going to bring him to work again tomorrow?” she questioned.

“No, he’s got to go to school,” he said.

“Where’s his mom?” she questioned.

Justin turned to look at her, then back at the stars once again.

“She lives here,” Justin explained. “She’s just away on business right now.”

“What does she do?” she asked.

“She’s a lawyer,” he replied.

“Oh,” she replied.

There was more silence between them as they continued to watch the sky.

“Woah!” Tara said all of a sudden spotting a shooting star flying across the sky.

Justin chuckled. “Did you see that?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she said.

“Make a wish,” he said looking at her.

Tara closed her eyes, her wish coming to mind. Justin had been watching her as she closed her eyes, her eyebrows creasing together as she mumbled her wish.

He reached down and held onto her hand, wrapping his around hers and rubbing her hand softly with his thumb. Tara opened her eyes and smiled before turning to look at him. She then leaned up, leaning on her side as she moved forward, moving closer to Justin. Justin watched her, frozen as to what to do when he noticed Tara inching herself closer to him.

Before he knew what was happening, Tara’s lips where on his once again as she leaned against him fully; causing him to fall on his back as she leaned against his chest her lips resting on his.

Justin couldn’t help the groan that escaped his lips as he leaned up to rest a hand on her cheek their kiss intensifying. Tara rested her hand on his chest, pulling a little on his shirt to bring him closer to her. His hand went from her cheek to her hair, as he ran his fingers through her soft brown hair bringing her closer to him as they moved their lips in unison.

They broke the kiss some minutes later both gasping for breath and they looked at each other in the moonlight.

Before anyone could speak, Tara’s phone went off in her pocket. She usually left the thing in her purse, but she knew Hannah would eventually call and would freak out if she couldn’t get a hold of her. She sighed closing her eyes before looking at Justin and laying back to take the phone out of her pocket before sitting up.

She sighed looking at the caller ID and rolled her eyes before answering.

“Yes Hannah,”

“Woah, was I interrupting?”

Tara rolled her eyes again as she glanced down to look at Justin who was laying back, his eyes closed.

“Everything ok?” Tara asked, ignoring her question.

“I just thought I’d let you know that Tyler came by looking for you,” Hannah explained. “He seemed pretty upset that you were hanging out with Justin.”

“Why did you tell him?” Tara asked.

“I didn’t know it was a secret,” she explained.

“It’s not,” Tara replied. “I just don’t need any drama right now.”

Hannah sighed. “Well, you know what I want to say but I won’t say it,” she said.

“Well I appreciate it,” Tara said. “Anything else?”

“No,” Hannah said.

Tara heard a male voice in the background, and her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion.

“Is he still there?” Tara asked.

“No, no” she said. “That’s someone else.”

“Someone else?” Tara asked surprised. “Who?”

“Um, Trace came over to keep my company,” Hanna replied quietly.

“Trace!” Tara replied in shock.

With that Justin’s eyes popped open and he sat up as well looking at Tara shocked.

“Shhh oh my god,” Hannah said with a giggle.

“You so can’t talk about me,” Tara said as she eyed Justin who was watching her.

“I had too, he was bugging me,” Hannah giggled.

“I bet he was,” Tara said with a giggle.

Hannah laughed. “All right, well I just wanted to tell you about Tyler, don’t be out too late,” she finished.

“Okay, I’ll be home soon,” Tara said.

“Bye.”

Tara closed her phone giggling and sticking it back into her pocket. She pulled her legs closer to her chest, and wrapped her arms around them resting her chin on her knees before turning to look at Justin who was watching her, waiting for an explanation.

“Trace is visiting Hannah,” Tara said giggling.

“That’s why she called?” he asked confused.

Tara shook her head no. “No, she called to tell me Tyler’s been looking for me,” she said.

“Oh, Tyler,” Justin said before lying back down on the pavement to look at the stars.

Tara looked down at him as a smile appeared on her lips.

“Tyler was the one you were walking with the first day right?” He questioned. “And the one you were dancing with in the bar?”

Tara nodded.

“Do you like him?” Justin questioned.

Tara smiled once again. “Look at you getting all jealous,” she said moving down so that she was lying next to him facing him.

“I’m not, I’m just curious,” Justin explained but he continued to look up at the sky.

Tara smiled before leaning forward to snuggle into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder as one of his arms wrapped around her.

“Don’t be jealous,” Tara said. “Besides, I’m not here with him am I?”

He looked down at her, resting his lips on her head as he closed his eyes before kissing it lightly then looking back up at the sky.

“Are you and your ex-wife close?” Tara asked.

Justin kind of shrugged. “We have to take care of Randy,” he explained.

“That didn’t answer my question,” Tara replied before turning to look up at him, her cheek still resting on his chest.

“I’ve known Susan a lot of my life,” Justin explained. “It’s hard not to be close to her, especially since she had my son.”

Tara sensed the subject was not one they should be talking about right now, it would ruin their night. She could already feel Justin becoming tense with the simple mention of Susan’s name. She decided to change the subject.

“You have practice again tomorrow?” she questioned.

“No, it’s Friday,” he explained. “I give the guys a break so they at least have the weekend.”

“Aww, how nice of you,” Tara said with a giggle and poked him.

Justin chuckled before poking her back with his other hand. “What about you?” he questioned. “Do you have a busy weekend ahead of you?”

Tara sighed. “Probably,” she said. “Something happened with the lights tonight, or else I would be working.”

“I see,” he said.

“So I don’t know exactly what’s going on,” she explained. “I know this weekend I get to do scenes with my movie parents, at some house down on Adams.”

“Interesting.”

“So what are you planning to do with your weekend?” she questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” Justin replied. “I’ve been promising Randy a trip to Millington, and he’s been wanting to spend the day at the lake for a while,”

“Sounds like you’ll be pretty busy,” Tara said.

“You know you’re welcome to come with us,” Justin said.

Tara smiled before looking up at him as he looked down at her watching her closely.

“Let me see where we are tomorrow after filming,” she said. “I know Jackson wants to get a lot done.”

Justin nodded. “No problem, you know where to reach me,” he said.

Tara smiled as she leaned closer into him, and wrapped her arms around his chest and she snuggled her face into his neck closing her eyes as she took a deep breath of his woodsy scent once again. Justin held her close, his arm around her as he continued to look up at the starry sky.

“I probably should get going though,” Tara said finally after a few minutes of silence.

Justin sighed, knowing this moment had to come. It had been so long since he had been this close to a women and it felt really good. She unfolded herself from his arms and sat up fluffing her hair to get the dirt out and wiping off her clothes as Justin sat up and adjusted his shirt.

He got up and held out his hand for Tara to take. She did so and he helped her into a standing position. He reached down and picked up the water bottles and they made their way back into the house.

Tara walked into the living room and Justin followed shutting and locking the door behind him and shut off the porch light. Tara made her way toward the foyer where her purse was hanging along with her sweatshirt. Justin went into the kitchen to dump the bottles before coming back out to meet her in the foyer.

Tara stood adjusting her sweatshirt and digging through her purse for the car keys. She found them and looked up as Justin made his way toward her. She smiled before walking toward him and leaning into his body and wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her back tightly, kissing forehead.

“I’ll call you ok?” she said into his shoulder.

He nodded. “Call me when you get home okay?” he questioned. “Just so I know you got home okay.”

Tara nodded before breaking the hug. She looked up at him as her arm reached for his neck and she pulled his face toward hers and pressed her lips lightly to his for a short intimate kiss. Justin kissed her back, his hands resting on her waist as he leaned forward causing Tara to lean back against the wall.

When her back hit the wall she broke the kiss, looking up at him with a smile.

“I should really go,” she said.

He nodded. “You’re right, sorry,” he said.

She smiled. Justin opened the door and she walked out turning to wave at him once before making her way down the steps and toward the small Honda that was parked in his driveway. She unlocked the doors and got inside, starting it up.

As she adjusted the controls she looked up and noticed Justin was still watching her from the doorway. She smiled and waved at him once more before reversing out of the driveway and then made her way toward the bungalows.

It took her about 20 minutes to reach the bungalows and she parked the car in Renee’s driveway slipping the keys into her mailbox as planned and then made her way toward her own bungalow. She saw no sign of Trace’s car, so she walked into the bungalow and Hannah was sitting on the couch watching TV. She turned when she walked into the room and smiled.

“Hey,” Hannah said yawning.

“Is it safe?” Tara teased as she locked the front door behind her.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “It was just dinner,” she replied. “He practically tricked me into it.”

“Hmm,” Tara said with a smile as she slipped off her sandals and took off her sweatshirt.

“How was your night?” Hannah asked.

Tara shrugged. “We ate, played some basketball, it was nice,” she said.

Hannah nodded. She shut the TV off then and got up. “Well, I’m going to bed; I’ll see you in the morning.”

Tara nodded. She shut off the lights as Hannah made her way into her bedroom and Tara walked into hers. She took out her phone and sent a text message to Justin’s phone, telling him she got home safe.

After that she closed her phone, setting it on her bedside table. She dropped her purse, shoes, and sweatshirt by her still packed suitcase before changing into some pajamas and getting into bed. Once she lay down and closed her eyes she was out like a light.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story