Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry about yet another long gap between updates. I really thought I would make headway with this story once school ended but everything else in my life picked up after that. Thank you all for reading and reviewing I appreciate it SO much. I hope you continue to enjoy this story and please let me know what you think. I'm hoping to have atleast one more chapter if not two before school starts up in two weeks. We will see how that goes. Anyway, thanks to those of you who do read and review! Please continue to let me know what you think. You guys are AWESOME. :)
Chapter 11:

Tara and Hannah’s day began early, their alarms going off at 6 a.m., and they were ready and out the door by 7 a.m. Tara was filming her first scene of the day by 8 a.m.

The filming had been constant since the minute she stepped out of the costume trailer. They had bused in a dozen or so extras to play the students and even some of the students of the area got a chance to be in a couple of scenes.

Tara and Renee were sitting at some of the lunch tables in the quad, waiting for Jackson to set up the next scene. Tara was sitting in her cheerleaders’ uniform, her hair up in a pony tail and white Nikes on her feet. Renee was next to her in a comfortable pair of jeans and cute top, her hair down and flowing in the light breeze that was blowing.

“How come I have to wear this freaking uniform and you get to be comfortable?” Tara asked as she pulled the shirt down to cover her stomach.

Renee looked at her and shrugged. “Cause you’re the star,” she winked.

Tara rolled her eyes. “So, how was your evening?” she asked before nudging Renee’s arm.

Renee giggled before rolling her eyes. “It was nice actually,” she said. “Andrew came over and we watched a movie.”

“Sounds like a good night,” Tara replied with a smile.

“What about you?” Renee asked. “Did my rental take you on any adventures?”

Tara rolled her eyes. “I went to Justin’s to have dinner with him and Randy,” she said.

“Ohhhh,” Renee said with a wink and nudged her arm back.

Tara giggled. “It wasn’t like that, Randy was there, and it was just dinner,” she said.

“Oh come on, the guy likes you, just admit it!” Renee laughed.

Tara shook her head before looking out over the horizon of the field. Renee turned to look at her and noticed that she was quiet and she nudged her shoulder once more.

“What’s wrong?” she questioned.

Tara remained quiet as she continued to look out over the horizon.

“Are you worried about Randy?” Renee asked.

Tara shook her head. “Randy is adorable, this has nothing to do with him,” she said. “It’s just that…” she trailed.

Renee looked at her curiously.

“I haven’t been in a relationship in a while, the last one I was in ended really badly,” Tara admitted. “I just don’t want to set myself up again.”

“What do you mean?” Renee asked.

“He has to stay here,” Tara started. “He has a family, he has a son. He’s not going to leave this place; there is something that keeps him here.”

Renee shook her head. “Tara, you are just getting to know the guy,” she explained. “Don’t look too much into this, just have some fun. You deserve that much.”

“I guess,” Tara replied.

Renee looked at her once more before speaking up again. “Something else is bothering you,” she said. “What is it?”

Tara turned to look at her before looking around the school, making sure no one else was paying attention.

“Last night while I was at Justin’s,” she explained. “Tyler came by the bungalow looking for me; Hannah said he looked pretty disappointed when she told him I was at Justin’s.”

“So Tyler likes you, that’s no secret,” Renee said with a smile.

“What do you mean?” Tara asked.

“Please Tar, you can be so blind sometimes,” Renee said. “The guy has been head over heels for you since day one.”

“I just don’t want to hurt his feelings,” Tara said. “You know how I am with having a relationship with someone I work with.”

“I’m sure he will understand that,” Renee said.

“But if he sees me with Justin, it might not go so well,” Tara said.

“Maybe you should have a talk with him,” Renee said. “Or I can have a talk with him for you.”

Tara chuckled and shook her head. “Oh no, I think I have to do it,” she said.

“All right, I’m just saying,” Renee said with a giggle.

Tara giggled but didn’t say anything else. Both girls watched as Jackson was talking to a group of extras about the next scene.

“So, are you gonna see him again?” Renee asked.

Tara smiled. “They invited me to Millington this weekend,” she said. “But I told him I’d let him know, I know Jackson wants to get a lot done this weekend.”

“Gosh, it must be hard being the star of the show,” Renee giggled.

Tara rolled her eyes. “How about you?” she asked. “Plans with Andrew?”

Renee giggled. “We haven’t decided yet,” she said.

“Have fun whatever you do,” Tara said.

“Oh we will,” Renee replied with a wink.

Tara laughed. A few minutes later, Jackson came over to get them prepared for their next scene. Tyler came over since he was in a few of those scenes along with some of the extras that crowded around to get into the shot.

-*-

Justin was up on time the next morning and was able to shower and shave before Randy was up and running around. Since he didn’t have to work today, he slipped on a pair of comfortable jeans and a regular blue T-shirt.

He then went into the kitchen and began to pack up Randy’s lunch for the day. As he was putting everything into Randy’s lunch sack, Randy came bouncing down the hallway toward the kitchen already dressed.

“Morning Dad!” he said with a smile.

Justin looked up and chuckled, “Hey buddy,” he said “Did you sleep good?”

Randy nodded before he climbed into his usual bar stool waiting for his breakfast.

“Can I go to work with you again?” Randy asked.

Justin reached into the cabinet above his head and took out a cereal bowl for Randy’s breakfast.

“Sorry buddy,” Justin replied. “You got to go to school today.”

Randy pouted. “Why?” he questioned.

“Because yesterday was an exception, we overslept,” Justin explained as he went into the pantry and pulled out a box off Apple Jacks and poured them into Randy’s bowl.

“But, I want to see Tara again,” Randy pouted.

Justin looked at him for a minute before smirking and taking the milk out of the fridge.

“Tara is very busy,” Justin explained as he poured milk into Randy’s cereal bowl and then set it down in front of him with a spoon.

Randy frowned at him before he began eating.

“Can she come with us to Millington?” Randy asked.

Justin chuckled. “I thought you wanted Uncle Trace to go,” he said.

Randy nodded. “Him too,” he said with a smile.

“I invited her,” Justin said. “But she may have to work.”

“Oh, is she pretending again?” Randy asked.

Justin chuckled and nodded before going back to cleaning up the kitchen. Randy finished off his breakfast a few minutes later, as Justin finished packing up his lunch.

About an hour or so later, Justin and Randy got into Justin’s truck and he drove them toward Randy’s daycare. After getting him signed in and set up, Justin hugged him good-bye and then headed toward the Auto Repair shop to meet Trace for breakfast.

Trace was on the phone when Justin made his way through the shop waving to a few of the guys that were working before heading to the back office to get Trace. He leaned against the far wall, his arms crossed over his chest as he waited for Trace to finish his call.

Trace hung up the phone before looking up at Justin. “I got a breakdown, you wanna go?” he asked as he reached into his pocket to pull out his keys.

Justin made a face and Trace chuckled.

“C’mon, I’ll buy ya breakfast afterwards,” Trace suggested.

He slipped on a trucker hat before making his way around the desk and walking out of the small office. Justin sighed before following him out the door, and they headed toward the tow truck that was parked at the edge of the driveway. They got in, and Trace started it up, and they headed down the main road toward the highway.

They were silent for a while as Trace sped down the highway before Justin spoke up.

“So, you spent the evening with Hannah huh?” Justin asked.

Trace chuckled. “Yes, after bugging her the majority of the day,” he said.

Justin chuckled at his friend before responding. “Just be careful all right?” he asked.

“Me?” Trace asked surprised. “I’m not the one walking around with the star of the movie on my arm.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “She’s leaving,” he responded.

“Then why are you bothering?” Trace asked.

Justin opened his mouth to reply but decided against it, and closed his mouth before looking out the window at the passing landscape.

The two friends drove in silence down the highway for a few minutes before Trace finally spoke up.

“Look J, I-“ he started before Justin cut him off.

“You’re right,” Justin admitted. “I don’t know why I’m setting myself up like that.”

“Things could work out, you never know,” Trace replied.

“Yeah, in some romance novel,” Justin explained. “This is real life Trace, these things don’t work.”

“I think you’re reading too much into this,” Trace explained. “You haven’t even gone on a date.”

Justin was about to respond before Trace interrupted him. “Last night does not count,” he explained. “Randy was there.”

Justin rolled his eyes. “I have a son you know, he’s my responsibility.”

“Fine,” Trace replied. “But that doesn’t mean you can’t have any fun.”

Justin remained quiet as they continued their journey down the highway.

“You should invite her to Millington this weekend,” Trace suggested.

Justin chuckled. “I already did,” he replied. “She’s working; she said she would let me know.”

“I’m not stupid you know,” Justin said. “I have dated before.”

Trace chuckled. “Yeah?” he questioned amused. “When was the last time you went on a date?”

Justin remained quiet, which caused Trace to let out a chuckle. “That’s what I thought,” he said.

“You know, you’ve never had a relationship last longer then a month, so you shouldn’t be talkin’” Justin said annoyed.

“Woah, okay, okay,” Trace said, a smirk appearing on his lips.

“Where the heck is this guy anyway?” Justin asked.

Trace laughed. “Over on Maple,” he said. “He was showing off and got his Jeep stuck.”

Justin laughed. “Some high schooler right?” he asked.

“You know it,” Trace replied.

They pulled into an old dirt road, and headed down the long windy road and eventually saw a white Jeep stuck in a mud puddle. There was a couple standing close by, the girl standing with her arms crossed over chest while the guy stood in front of her. They looked like they were arguing.

“Aww, look at ‘em” Trace chuckled as he pulled the tow truck close to them.

“He’s never going to live this down,” Justin replied.

Trace laughed before he parked the truck and got out, Justin following suit.

“You flooded it again, didn’t you?” Trace asked.

The guy smirked and shrugged. “C’mon Cuz, you know how I drive,” he replied.

“Not very well,” the girl mumbled rolling her eyes.

Trace laughed, as Justin tried hard not too.

“Justin, you remember my cousin Nate, don’t you?” Trace asked.

Justin chuckled. “We’ve met once or twice,” he replied. “How ya doing?” he shook his hand.

Nate chuckled. “Doin’ okay,” he explained. “This is Bridget, she’s a little mad at me.”

“A little?” she questioned rolling her eyes, before waving at Trace and Justin.

“Well, let’s get you outta here.” Trace said as he made his way back to his truck.

Trace, Justin and Nate got the Jeep hooked up to the back of the tow truck with the cable as Bridget sat in truck waiting for them to finish. After about half an hour or so they got the Jeep hooked up and pulled out of the mud. Nate and Bridget squeezed into the back seat of the truck, while Justin and Trace took their places in the front. They then made the journey back to town.

-*-

Justin had breakfast with Trace, then ran a few errands around town and then headed home, he was going to pack a lunch for himself and Tara and surprise her at the school.
He had to head there anyway to do some paper work before the school year started, so he thought he’d kill two birds with one stone.

He pulled into the parking lot, when his cell phone went off in his pocket. He answered it, after glancing at the caller ID, it was his mom.

“Hey Mom,” he said as he pulled into an empty spot.

The parking lot was more crowded today he noticed, as he unbuckled his seat belt and got out of the car, grabbing the two paper bags from the passenger seat.

“Hi baby,” came Lynn’s voice from the other line.

Justin chuckled, knowing exactly what was coming.

“I was afraid you were dead, I haven’t heard from you in a while,” Lynn commented.

Justin smiled as he began to make his way toward the school. “I’ve just been busy mom,” he explained. “You know how summer practices are.”

“I know,” she sighed. “I just don’t know why you insist on practicing those boys all summer long.”

Justin chuckled again. “How are you mom?” he questioned.

“Oh I’m fine,” she commented.

“How’s business?” He questioned. His mother and step father owned their own construction company; the only construction company in town.

“Fantastic,” she explained. “Summer is always busy you know, with the nice weather and all.”

“How’s Pops?” he questioned as he messed with his keys, trying to get out his office key.

“Oh he’s your dad,” Lynn commented. “He’s actually training a couple of guys so they can start doing more, your dad is getting old and won’t be able to do everything for long.”

Justin opened his office door, walked in and used his foot to close it behind him. The door closed softly and he went and opened the small fridge he had in the corner of his office and put the lunches inside. He walked over to his desk to turn on his computer before walking out of his office and heading down the hallway toward the main office where his mailbox was.

His mom continued to talk to him about business and family, and about Randy as Justin grabbed his mail smiling and waving to the office receptionist before heading back to his office and closed the door behind him. He went and sat down behind his desk as he began to go through his mail.

“So how is Susan?” his mother asked, changing the subject from work.

“She’s fine,” he explained. “She had to head out this weekend to a conference.”

“So you have Randy all weekend?” Lynn questioned.

Justin chuckled. “Yes, all weekend.”

“So that means you’re going to bring him over tonight for the movie night, aren’t you?” she questioned.

Justin closed his eyes, taking in a breath before leaning back against his chair. He forgot about movie night. Ever since he was little, every Friday night all summer long his parents would throw a huge movie night.

He got to invite his friends, and they’d stay up and had pizza and ice cream and watch a movie that was projected onto the garage. So they would get all huddled together on a blanket with some snacks and watch movies.

The long pause caused Lynn to speak up again.

“You forgot didn’t you?” she questioned.

“I didn’t forget Mom, it just slipped my mind,” he explained.

Lynn sighed. “Well are you going to come?” she asked.

“Yeah, we’ll be there,” he said and paused before speaking up again. “Can I bring someone?”

“Trace does not count as someone Justin, you know he’s already invited,” she replied.

Justin chuckled. “No, not Trace,” he said. “Someone else.”

“Someone else?” she questioned, he could hear the smile in her voice. “A girl?”

Justin chuckled and rolled his eyes. “Yes Mom, a girl.” He said.

“Are you keeping something from me?” she questioned, sounding disappointed.

“Mom, please don’t do this,” he said.

“Well who is she?” she questioned. “Do I know her?”

“No, you probably don’t,” he said. “She’s new to town.”

“Well, do I get to know her name?” she questioned.

Justin chuckled. “It’s Tara,” he explained. “So can I bring her?” he asked.

“Of course you can,” Lynn replied.

There was silence before Lynn spoke up again.

“So where did you meet her?” she questioned.

Justin chuckled. “Mom, I got to go,” he said. “I have a lot to get done today.”

“Oh all right, I can take a hint,” she explained. “I will see you tonight.”

“Okay, love you Mom,” Justin said.

“Love you too, bye.”

Justin hung up his phone with a sigh, before he laughed at himself. He then flipped his phone open again and sent Tara a text message to meet him at his office for lunch. He put his phone on his desk before turning to his computer and started to file through his e-mails.

About an hour or so later as he was finishing up his paperwork when there was a knock on his office door.

“Come in,” he called.

He glanced up and saw Tara poke her head inside, and he smiled. “Are you busy?” she questioned.

He chuckled and moved away from his computer, standing up and making his way toward her.

“Of course not,” he said.

Tara walked into the office the rest of the way, still dressed in her cheerleading costume and smiled before closing the door behind her. She made her way toward him, and wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. He chuckled as he kissed her cheek lightly before breaking the hug.

“How are you?” he questioned.

She sighed before rolling her eyes and chuckled. “Tired,” she said.

“Long day?” he asked.

She nodded. “What about you?” she asked.

“Same old stuff,” he explained.

He moved himself out of her way and motioned for her to sit down. She did so with a smile before he went to the small fridge and grabbed the two lunch bags and taking out two water bottles as well.

“You made me lunch?” she questioned watching him.

He looked at her, and smiled. “I figured you might be sick of Diner food,” he explained as he put the bags down onto the desk surface.

“You are too good to me,” she said with a smile as she reached for one of the paper bags.

He chuckled before making his way back to her, and sat down behind his desk taking one of the other bags and opened it up. They began to eat their lunch making small talk about their days and the events in them.

“So, do you have a long night ahead of you?” he questioned as he finished off his sandwich and put the plastic bag into the trash can that was next to his desk.

Tara was drinking from her water bottle before she answered him.

“We’ve actually been on a good flow today,” she said. “I don’t think we should be too late.”

Justin licked his lips before he started talking again, “My family does this thing every Friday night during the summer where we go over and watch movies,” he explained.

Tara watched him as he nervously bounced his leg up and down as he sat behind his desk. She smiled before leaning back in her chair, crossing her arms over her chest as she crossed her legs as well.

“Are you asking me to meet your family?” she questioned with a smirk.

He looked at her, his bottom lip going into his mouth as he nibbled on it nervously. Tara chuckled before getting up from her chair and making her way towards him. Justin watched her as she moved his chair so that it was facing outward and sat down on his lap, wrapping an arm around his neck as she looked at him.

“Well?” she questioned with a smirk.

Justin chuckled before looking at her, and sighed. “Yes,” he said with a small smile.

Tara giggled before leaning down and kissed his lips lightly, her fingers moving into the soft curls on the back of his head. Justin’s arms went to her waist as he held her close, his lips moving against her slowly.

They broke the kiss breathless, leaning their foreheads against each others. Tara opened her eyes and looked at Justin, a smile forming on her lips.

“Is that a yes?” he questioned with a smirk.

Tara giggled. “I think I might be able to make it,” she said. “Let me find out what time we end tonight ok?” she questioned.

He nodded. Tara smiled and started to lean down to kiss his lips once again when she heard a constant vibrating going off on top of the desk. She groaned as she leaned against him and glanced at the desk and saw her cell phone sitting on it moving from the vibrations.

“Lunch over?” he questioned.

Tara pouted and sighed before reaching over for the phone and looked at the caller ID. She didn’t answer it though, she looked back at Justin and leaned down to kiss his lips once more, moving as close to him as possible. Justin groaned as he pulled her close, his hands moving to hold her hips against his.

The phone vibrated again and Tara groaned before breaking the kiss.

“I got to go,” she said, standing up.

Justin stood up behind her. She reached for her phone and purse before turning to Justin. Justin wrapped his arms around her as she hugged him close.

“I’ll call you okay?” she questioned.

He nodded. “Have a good day,” he replied.

She smiled. “You too,” she said. “Tell Randy I said Hi.”

He chuckled and nodded. She walked toward the door and turned to look at him once more before she opened his office door and walked out. Justin watched her leave before he sat back down in his office chair with a sigh; a smile creeping onto his lips.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story