Author's Chapter Notes:
It's been forever again, I'm sorry. There really is no excuse with the exception of lack of inspiration. School had started again so my writing is pushed onto the back burner (for awhile). Thanks you all for reading and reviewing though, I really appreciate it! I hope you're enjoying the story still, let me know what you think :)
Chapter 12:

Tara talked Jackson into letting her leave early for the night, after promising she would be at his beck and call during the weekend, so that meant she couldn’t go to Millington with Justin and Randy. You win some you loose some.

When she found out, she immediately sent Justin a text message that she would be there, and he in turn text messaged her back saying that he would be there to pick her up at 7 o’clock.

Justin had told Trace about the movie night and Trace in turn got the ok from Lynn to bring Hannah. So after Tara’s last scene for the day she headed to the costume trailer to change quickly and then she and Hannah got into their car and headed back to the bungalows to get ready.

After about two hours, both girls were putting on their shoes and grabbing their jackets getting ready for their night. They were both sitting on the couch; Hannah was looking through her organizer as Tara was putting on more lip gloss.

“Did you have a good time last night?” Tara asked as she watched Hannah out of the corner of her eye.

“Yeah, it was fine,” Hannah replied simply.

“Trace seems pretty into you,” Tara commented.

Hannah looked up at her from her organizer and blinked before going back to her organizer again.

“We’re just hanging out,” she replied.

Tara smirked at her before closing her compact and packing everything away in her purse. As she was zipping it up, they heard tires running over the dirt road and the rumble of a truck coming towards them from outside.

They both stood up looking out the small window next to the front door and saw Justin’s truck pulling in front of their bungalow. The rumbling stopped as the car turned off and Justin began getting out of the driver’s seat and Trace followed his lead from the passenger seat.

Tara went to the door and opened it before Justin could knock; Justin was there with Trace standing behind him both of them with a smile on their faces. Tara smiled as she rushed into Justin’s arms hugging him tightly. Justin chuckled as he took a step back to support her weight as they moved out of the doorway.

Hannah stepped out of the doorway onto the porch; she had both Tara’s purse and her own as well as both of their jackets. She locked the door behind her before turning towards Trace.

“Good evening,” Trace said with a wink.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “How was your day?” she asked.

He chuckled. “Good actually, how was yours?” he asked.

Hannah shrugged.

All of a sudden the truck horn beeped. Justin and Tara broke their hug and looked over as Trace and Hannah did as well. Randy was watching them all waving and smiling brightly at them. They all laughed and waved back, Randy then motioned for them all to come to the truck.

Hannah handed Tara her jacket and purse before they headed to the truck. Randy insisted on sitting in between Tara and Justin in the front seat, as Hannah and Trace climbed in the back. Tara climbed into the passenger seat sitting next to Randy who was already talking to her about his day. Tara listened intently as Justin started the truck and they headed toward his parent’s house.

-*-

They reached Lynn and Paul’s house about a half hour later, there were already a few other cars parked on the street and laughter could be heard from behind the house. Randy practically jumped over Tara to get out of the truck and he ran off toward the house as the adults got themselves out of the car.

“Be careful!” Justin called out to him as he made his way around the side of the house and disappeared.

He chuckled before putting his arm around Tara’s shoulders and began to lead her toward the house as she wrapped her arm around his waist leaning into his side. Hannah and Trace followed their lead, making their way toward the house as well, but they were not touching.

Music and laughter could be heard from behind the house, along with people talking. Justin took his arm from around Tara’s shoulder and grabbed onto her hand as he led her through the backyard toward a taller red-curly-haired woman standing by the back porch, Randy wrapped tightly in her arms. She looked away from Randy and saw Justin and Tara making their way towards her and smiled waving at them.

“Wow, you look just like her,” Tara whispered to him before they reached her.

Justin smiled a little before they reached her, and he let go of Tara’s hand to hug his mother tightly.

“Hey mom,” he said as he kissed her cheek.

She smiled leaning her cheek toward him to receive the kiss. “How are you baby?” she questioned.

“Fine,” he said.

He looked back at Tara, taking her hand and bringing her up next to him.

“Mom, this is Tara,” he said.

Lynn looked at Tara and smiled, she held her out hand best she could since she was still holding onto Randy.

“Nice to meet you Tara, I’m Lynn” Lynn replied.

Tara shook her hand smiling. “Nice to meet you, thank you for inviting me,” she said.

“Oh don’t worry about it,” Lynn said taking back her hand and wrapping it firmly back around Randy.

“Where’s dad?” Justin asked, as he held back onto Tara’s hand keeping her by his side.

“Oh he’s around here somewhere, he was trying to get the movie set up the last time I saw him,” she explained.

“What movie are we watching?” Randy asked excitedly, taking Lynn’s attention away from Tara and Justin.

“I don’t know, why don’t we go inside and see what we have,” Lynn said looking at him.

He nodded excitingly. Lynn laughed before looking at Justin and Tara, who was watching them.

“Make sure you go see your Dad,” Lynn said to Justin before turning to Tara. “It was nice to meet you Tara, I’m sure we’ll get a chance to talk later,” she winked at her.

Tara nodded. “Nice to meet you,” she replied. “Thanks again for the invitation.”

“Of course,” she said before turning and began to walk toward the house totting Randy with her.

Justin turned to Tara who was watching them walk away, “See that wasn’t so bad,” he said with a wink.

Tara giggled before pinching his side playfully. He chuckled moving out of her reach and trying to reach for hers and laughing.

“The scary part is when she gets you alone,” he winked.

Tara nudged him lightly, “Thanks, you’re helpful,” she replied.

He laughed before leaning forward to kiss her lips lightly. “C’mon, you gotta meet my Dad before my Mom throws a fit,” he said taking her hand once more.

They made their way toward the projector screen where an older man was kneeling in front of it messing around with the lens.

“Hey Pops!” Justin called out when they were getting close.

The man lifted his head and saw Justin making his way toward him, and he smiled getting up to his feet.

“Justin, how are you boy?” he questioned as he made his way toward him.

Justin smiled as he reached him, letting go of Tara’s hand once more to hug him tightly. As Paul hugged him, he noticed Tara standing watching them.

“Who did you bring?” he asked, breaking the hug and looking at Justin winking.

Justin chuckled before bringing Tara forward again, “Dad, this is Tara,” Justin said.

Paul took Tara’s hand shaking it, “Well nice to meet you Tara, I’m Paul,” he said. “I didn’t know you were bringing a lady friend, usually Trace tags along.”

Justin chuckled. “Trace is here with his own girl,” he winked.

Tara smacked his shoulder playfully, knowing Hannah would not appreciate that. He looked at her, his eyes big as to question her smack before he chuckled. Paul was watching their little interaction a small smile appearing on his lips.

“Have you guys eaten?” Paul asked.

“No, not yet,” Justin replied.

“Well you know how fast food goes at these things, you better get something before it’s all gone,” he said.

Justin laughed before he grabbed Tara hand once more, “All right, we’ll try and save you some,” he said.

Paul chuckled as he watched them walk into the house, before going back to what he was doing. Justin made his way towards the house pulling Tara along with him.

The small kitchen was crowded with people who were in a line trying to get what food they could. Randy was now talking to another older woman as she smiled down at him. Randy turned when Justin and Tara came into the kitchen and waved them over.

The older women stood up straighter when she saw Justin making his way towards them and smiled.

“Hey Justin,” she said with a wink. “Long time no see,”

He chuckled as he leaned in to give the older women a kiss on the cheek. “How are you doing Sherry?” he asked.

“Great,” she said. “Randy was telling me about the friend you brought along.”

She looked at Tara who was standing behind Justin, watching them. Justin turned to her before reaching for her hand once again to bring her up next to him.

“Sherry this is Tara,” he said. “Tara this is Sherry, she’s Randy’s other grandmother,” he explained. “Susan’s mother,”

Tara smiled at the women, “It’s nice to meet you Sherry,” she said. “I have to say your catering at the movie shoot is fantastic.”

Sherry watched her and smiled politely, “Well thank you Tara I appreciate that,” she said. “Are you one of the actresses then?”

Randy jumped in at that point “She’s a cheerleader!” he said with a smile.

The three adults laughed, and Justin brought him over next to him and rested a hand on the top of his head.

“Yes, I’m working on the movie,” Tara explained even though she obviously didn’t have too.

Sherry nodded. “Well, I should get back to Mike with his beer,” she said as she held up the two cans of beer she had in her hand.

“We’ll catch you later Sherry,” Justin said as she leaned down to kiss Randy’s cheek before heading out the door.

Justin turned to Tara who was watching the older women walk away.

“She did not look happy about me,” she whispered.

Justin rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry too much about Sherry,” he explained. “As long as Randy is happy, then she’s okay.”

Before Tara could answer, Randy was pulling on her arm.

“Tara! Are you gonna eat with me?” He asked smiling.

Tara smiled as she looked down at him. “Of course I will,” she said.

“We better grab us a plate before it’s all gone,” Justin said as he ushered the two toward the line so they could grab some plates and put their food onto it.

About fifteen minutes or so later, the three of them got situated on a blanket outside on the grass and began eating. A few minutes later, Hannah and Trace followed setting up their own blanket a few feet behind where Tara, Justin and Randy were sitting and began eating as well.

Randy continued his constant chatter about his day with Tara as she listened intently to him and asked questions in all the right places. Justin sat back and ate in silence as he watched Tara interact with his son. He couldn’t help but smile at their interaction.

An hour or so later, everyone settled down to watch the movie. Randy wanted to watch it with Lynn and Paul so Justin let him go over and he stayed with Tara on the blanket as the movie began.

-*-

Trace and Hannah walked up the hill following Justin and Tara toward the crowd of people in the backyard. Hannah spotted Tara and Justin making their way to a tall red-haired woman and expected Trace to follow but he didn’t.

He grabbed her wrist and they began walking the opposite direction toward a few people who were sitting around in lawn chairs and talking amongst themselves.

“What are you doing?” she questioned in a whisper.

He turned to look at her with a wink before he continued his journey toward this group of people.

“Trace!” she whispered louder, “seriously!”

He chuckled. “You’ll see,” he explained. “Calm down, it’s not the end of the world.”

Hannah sighed as she had no choice but to follow him, it’s not like she knew anyone here besides Tara and Justin anyway.

The group of people were talking and laughing with each other as they drank their bottles of beer and enjoyed some of the food that was spread out on some blankets.

A middle-aged woman looked up from her chair after laughing loudly at a joke that an older gentlemen said.

“Hey Trace baby,” she said with a smile.

Trace let go of Hannah’s wrist before moving toward the women and leaning down to kiss her cheek.

“Hey mom,” he said.

When Hanna heard him say mom, she immediately began to blush and turned away from the crowd scanning quickly for Tara. She spotted her talking with Justin and an older red-haired woman and sighed.

“Hey mom, I want you too meet someone,” Trace replied as he reached back for Hannah’s hand and pulling her up next to him.

Hannah smiled her best at the women, who got out of her chair and stood up and faced them.

“Mom, this is Hannah,” Trace began. “Hannah this is my mom Katherine.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “Please call me Kat, everyone does,” she smiled at her before shaking her hand. “Nice too meet you Hannah.”

“You too Kat,” Hannah said with a smile.

“Hannah’s an assistant for one of the stars of the movie that’s filming at the high school,” Trace replied.

“Oh the one that’s dating Justin?” Katherine replied watching them.

Hannah looked at her, her eyebrows scrunching in confusion. Katherine noticed the expression on her face and she smiled before winking at Hannah.

”Small town honey,” she replied. “Nothing stays a secret for long.”

Hannah nodded trying to keep the giggle to herself. Tara will not like this.

Trace began to introduce Hannah to the rest of the people that were gathered around. She met his older sisters, Susie and Monica, and a few other members of his family who were gathered around eating and talking. Hannah and Trace sat down and chatted a little bit with them.

“So, do you get into all the hot clubs out there in New York since you have all the connections?” One of Trace’s older sisters Susie asked her eyes big with excitement.

Hannah smiled. “I could get into them,” she said. “But I pretty much do what Tara wants to do.”

“Is she not a big party person?” Susie asked.

Hannah shrugged. “She used to be,” she explained. “One of the guy’s she dated was in a band, so I used to be dragged to clubs where he played.”

“Oh was that the Roger guy?” she asked smiling.

“Sus,” Trace groaned warning her.

Susie smiled brightly. “I’m just asking,” she said.

Hannah laughed. “Yes, it was Roger,” she explained.

Susie nodded. “So you must be dying in this little nowhere town,” she commented.

Hannah shrugged. “It’s kinda nice actually,” she replied with a smile.

“Man I can’t imagine leaving this place,” Monica spoke up. “But it would be nice to get out every once in awhile.”

“No one is stopping you,” Katherine said with a chuckle. “No one is twisting your arm to be here honey.”

Monica shrugged. “What would I do with myself?” she questioned.

Hannah watched her. “Well if you ever decide to come out to New York, I would be happy to show you around.” She replied.

“Really?” Monica asked. “You would do that?”

Hannah smiled. “Sure,” she said.

Monica looked from Hannah to her mother. Katherine rolled her eyes. “Do what you gotta do baby,” she said with a wink.

Monica squealed before leaning forward to wrap her arms around Hannah tightly hugging her close. Hannah was a bit taken back with the hug but she smiled and patted her back lightly.

“I’ll give you my number before I leave,” she replied. “Don’t let me forget.”

“I won’t,” Monica reassured her.

Hannah chuckled. Monica and Susie asked her a few more questions about the industry and about the big city before Trace decided he was hungry and needed food as soon as possible. Hannah got up with him waving and smiling at everyone before they both turned and headed toward the house.

Trace chuckled when they were a little ways away from his family before reaching down and taking her hand. This time she didn’t pull away. He walked with her into the kitchen and stood in line with everyone else as they prepared to get their dinner.

-*-

After they loaded their plates they decided to find a spot for themselves instead of eating with Trace’s family. Trace grabbed an extra blanket from the house and they headed outside to look for a spot.

They spotted a place right behind Tara, Justin and Randy who were all gathered on a small blanket eating their dinner. Trace spread the blanket out and sat down; Hannah did the same balancing her plate and purse that was hung on her arm.

They ate their food in silence for a while, just enjoying the atmosphere not saying anything before Hannah finally spoke up.

“So your family seems nice,” she replied.

Trace turned and looked at her before taking a bite of his pizza and chuckled.

“Sorry I sprung it on you like that,” he replied. “I knew you wouldn’t do it otherwise.”

Hannah shrugged. “So, you’re the baby?” she questioned.

He nodded. “Can’t you tell?” he questioned. “I’m spoiled rotten.” He grinned.

Hannah chuckled.

“My sister will take you up on your offer you know,” he commented.

Hannah nodded. “I figured she would,” she said. “That’s why I offered.”

Trace chuckled before taking a drink of his beer.

“So what are your plans for the weekend?” Hannah asked as she continued eating.

He shrugged. “I think I’m going with Justin and Randy to Millington,” he replied. “What about you?”

Hannah shrugged. “You know where I’ll be,” she said.

“Right,” he said. “I guess that means she couldn’t get the time off.”

Hannah shook her head. “She’s lucky she got to come tonight,” she explained.

“I see, so the schedule is pretty strict?” Trace asked.

Hannah shrugged. “It can be,” she replied. “She’ll get some time off coming up, don’t worry.” She winked.

Trace chuckled. “I’m not worried.” He winked back.

Hannah rolled her eyes.

“So, am I invited to New York?” Trace asked watching her closely.

Hannah looked up from her plate of food; she blushed before looking back down and eating something off her plate.

“If you want too,” she mumbled.

Trace chuckled. He didn’t mention it anymore as they continued to eat. After a few minutes, the movie started and they sat back looking up at the screen and turning their attention to the movie.

-*-

Justin was leaning back on the blanket, his hands supporting his weight and his legs spread out in front of him, but his feet were planted on the ground. Tara smiled as she sat in between them, resting her back against his chest snuggling into his arms. She leaned her head back against his shoulder, and turned to kiss his neck softly.

The lights around the house were down, as the movie came to life on the huge screen hanging from the garage, so everyone was left in the dark watching the movie play across the night.

Trace and Hannah were sitting on a blanket behind them, although they were sitting next to each other talking quietly amongst themselves not really paying attention to the movie.

“What are you doing?” Justin whispered when he felt Tara’s soft lips play across his neck, “You’re missing the movie,” he teased. He didn’t need there to be any evidence left on his neck, for anyone to see.

Tara smiled before leaning in to kiss his neck lightly once again, taking in his woodsy smell before she sighed and cuddled close to him.

“I’ve seen the movie,” she commented simply.

Justin chuckled. “So this is why you wanted to come, so you could attack me,” he asked.

Tara rolled her eyes. “I don’t have to sit here,” she said. “I can go sit with Randy, or Trace and Hannah,” she started to get up.

“Oh no no no, wait a minute,” he said with a laugh as he held onto her waist keeping her in between his legs.

Tara laughed as she leaned back against his chest again, “Well you said-“ she started.

“I know what I said,” he cut her off before he leaned down to kiss her lips lightly, his hand moving to her cheek as he deepened the kiss.

Tara groaned as she leaned forward against him, her hands moving to his shoulders as they moved to wrap around his neck as she pulled him closer. Their kiss was broken when Trace threw a couple of small sticks at them, hitting Justin in the back. He broke it, turning to the direction it came from and Trace laughing at him as Hannah smacked his shoulder.

“Hey, down in front!” Trace called with a chuckle.

Justin rolled his eyes before turning to Tara who was laughing and leaned her head down hiding behind him and resting her head on his shoulder. Justin chuckled as he hugged her close, his arm wrapping around her waist as he pulled her closer to him.

“Watch the movie now, before we get scolded again,” he said with a chuckle.

Tara smiled before leaning back against him, her eyes fixing on the movie screen once again.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Qestions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story