Author's Chapter Notes:
Spring break is here. I have a chapter for you and I hope you all are still enjoying the story. Thanks for sticking with it even though the adds are few and far between. I plan on getting atleast one more chapter out before the end of Spring break, I hope it works out that way. Please let me know what you think :)
Chapter 13:

After the first movie ended, everyone decided on the second one and settled in to watch another movie. Tara had other plans, she told Justin her butt was falling asleep and asked if she could have a tour of his childhood home instead. He reluctantly agreed and took her toward the house as everyone had their eyes on the screen watching the movie.

Because the movie was playing no one was in the house, so he took her hand and they walked into the house and up the dimly lit stairs and down the long hallway. There were various pictures, collages and framed art that were obviously done by a child hanging on the hallway wall. Tara didn’t get a chance to look at them before Justin dragged her toward the last door in the hallway.

He poked his head in, turning on the light and taking a look around before opening the door all the way and moving out of the way so that Tara could walk into the room first. Tara smiled as she stepped into the room; Justin followed her in and closed the door behind them.

Tara took in the small space as she walked in. The walls were painted a powder blue and he had a few posters hung up on the wall, an old band and a basketball player making a slam dunk. He had a full-sized bed, covered in a complete set of black and blue sheets and a comforter, and pillow cases to match.

“Does Randy sleep in here now when he stays over?” Tara asked with a smile, as she walked over and picked up an old stuffed dog sitting on the bed.

She looked up at him as she sat down on the edge of the bed, the stuffed dog still in her hands. He watched her from the doorway with a smile.

“He does sometimes,” Justin said. “I don’t get him as much as I like, so I don’t like to drop him off here too often.”

Tara nodded. “Makes sense,” she replied as she played with the ears of the stuffed dog. “How often do you get him?”

He leaned against the wall watching her, his arm crossed over his chest as she continued to play with the ears of the stuffed dog.

“It’s usually about every other day or so,” he explained. “Susan and I are cordial, so it’s not so bad.”

Tara nodded watching him. She could tell this was a sensitive subject with him, but she wanted to know. She felt he knew a lot about her, and she knew nothing about him. He watched her a minute before he made his way over to her and stood in front of her looking down at her.

“How long have you guys been separated?” she questioned curiously.

“Since Randy was three,” he said before licking his lips.

“Is this uncomfortable?” she asked him.

Justin shrugged watching her again. She lifted the dog to her face, playing with his ears making it look like it was talking to him.

“Are you uncomfortable?” she asked, her voice high like a cartoon character.

Justin chuckled and rolled his eyes before he reached for the dog, taking it out of her hands.

“Give me that,” he replied with a laugh and tossing it behind her back onto the bed.

Tara giggled as she looked up at him. He leaned forward his hand cupping her cheek as he brought his lips to hers in a light kiss. They broke the kiss and Tara looked up at him once again, a smile breaking out on her lips as she wrapped a hand around his neck bringing his lips to hers once again.

Justin’s hand moved to her cheek as he held her face and began to fall forward, she laid back slowly on the bed as he leaned over her. As she finished her descent to the bed, she broke the kiss with a gasp before arching her back and reaching behind her pulling the stuff dog out from under her.

She held it out in front of her as Justin looked down at her and they began to laugh. He reached for it, before tossing it onto the floor.

“Aww,” she said with a giggle. “He didn’t deserve that.”

He chuckled as he moved himself onto his side and they lay facing each other on the small bed.

“So, are you having fun?” he asked as he reached over and brushed a piece of hair from her face.

“I am,” she said with a smile.

He chuckled. “Are you just saying that?” he questioned.

“No!” she replied, her eyes getting big in response.

He chuckled. “I believe you,” he replied.

They were quiet for a minute before Justin spoke up again.

“Did you get to ask Jackson about this weekend?” Justin asked hopeful.

Tara looked at him, a pout breaking out on her lips before she sighed.

“I can’t,” she began to explain. “He gave me tonight, but I’m going to be his slave for the weekend.”

Justin chuckled before he leaned forward to kiss her forehead. “Don’t worry about it,” he said. “We’ll have fun without you,” he joked. “It’ll just be a boys’ weekend.”

Tara chuckled shoving him lightly. “Jerk!” she exclaimed with a chuckle.

Justin smiled. “Randy sure will be disappointed though,” he said.

“And you?” She questioned with a wink.

“Maybe,” he winked back.

“Maybe?!” she questioned and moving forward causing Justin to lie on his back as she straddled his waist.

He laughed as her hands started to tickle up his sides as she tried to find his ticklish spots or if he had any. He continued to laugh as he tried to reach for her hands to stop their assault as he lay on his back.

“Okay, okay I give up” he said.

Tara giggled and stopped, sighing as she sat back, still straddling his waist.

“So?” she questioned.

He sighed and closed his eyes. “I’m disappointed too,” he said.

She smiled and leaned down to kiss his lips once again. “That’s more like it,” she said.

“Oh yeah!” he laughed as he moved himself up, not giving Tara a chance to react before he moved them as she was laying on her back now with him straddling her.

He had her wrists in his hands as they rested by her head flat on the bed. He leaned over her looking down, a smirk appearing on his lips. Tara struggled against him, trying to keep the smile from her lips.

“You are so mean,” she said with a giggle.

She pouted as she watched him but he kept her hands in place. He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers once more, in a slow kiss. As the kiss deepened Justin let go of her wrists, and she immediately wrapped them around him pulling him closer to her. In the heat of their kiss, there were footsteps outside the room, and then a light pounding on the bedroom door.

They broke apart quickly, both glancing at the door.

“Justin, Randy wants to see you” Lynn’s voice was heard through the door.

Justin quickly lifted himself off of Tara, as she sat up on the edge of the bed. He pulled down his shirt, adjusting his clothes before running a hand through his messy hair and opened the door quickly.

Randy was standing in front of him, tears cascading down his red cheeks. As soon as he saw Justin he reached his arms up towards him, more tears trailing down his cheeks. Justin leaned down to pick him up, holding him tightly as Randy started to cry into his neck.

Justin rubbed his back soothingly before glancing at Lynn who was watching them.

“What happened?” he questioned.

Lynn glanced at Tara who was sitting on the bed still watching Justin as he comforted Randy and then turned to him.

“He looked for you guys and couldn’t find you,” she explained. “He freaked out.”

“I thought you left,” Randy cried into his neck hugging him tightly, wrapping his little legs around Justin’s waist.

Justin sighed as he rubbed his back, kissing his head lightly. “I wouldn’t leave you Randy,” he replied. “You know I wouldn’t.”

“I couldn’t find you,” Randy cried.

Justin ran a hand through Randy’s hair, hugging the little boy tightly. He then turned back to Tara,

“Do you mind if I talk to him alone for a minute?” he questioned.

Tara nodded and stood up. “Sure, no problem,” she said.

She made her way towards him and rested a hand against his back for a minute before moving around him. Lynn was turning to leave and Tara followed her out of the room and closed the door behind her.

Tara followed Lynn down the long hall wall and back down the stairs as they left Justin and Randy to talk alone in the bedroom.

“So, how are you Tara?” Lynn asked as they reached the bottom of the stairs and Lynn began walking towards the kitchen.

People were moving in and out of the house since the second movie of the night was almost over and a majority of the people were preparing to head home.

“Are you enjoying Tennessee?” Lynn asked.

Tara nodded she followed behind her into the kitchen. “I am, it’s so quiet and peaceful here,” she began to explain. “I’m not used to that.”

“Where are you from?” Lynn asked as she began to clean up the kitchen a little.

She started packing up the leftover food that was sitting out on the counter, and throwing away used plastic cups and silverware.

“New York,” Tara replied. “I grew up in the suburbs but moved to the city when my career took off.”

“I see,” Lynn replied.

Tara watched her for a minute as she continued to clean up around the kitchen.

“Do you need any help Lynn?” Tara asked.

Lynn turned to look at her for a minute, before smiling and nodding.

“See if you can get this stuff into the fridge,” Lynn said as she pointed to the stainless steal double door fridge that was in the corner of the kitchen.

Tara made her way toward it and opened it up before reaching for some of the containers that Lynn had already packed up.

“So what do you do Lynn?” Tara asked, trying to make conversation.

Lynn looked at her with a smile, “Paul and I run our own construction company,” she replied.

“I bet that keeps you busy,” Tara replied.

Lynn nodded. “Pretty busy,” she said.

“Justin’s not involved in that?” Tara questioned.

Lynn shook her head no, “He wasn’t interested,” she replied. “It really hurt Paul’s feelings when he told us, cause you know we did this for him, so he could have a good childhood.”

Tara turned and watched her as Lynn looked out the kitchen window at people mingling about. Lynn came out of her daze and turned back to Tara who was watching her with a worried expression. Lynn then smiled.

“I’m sorry,” she giggled in embarrassment. “I shouldn’t be telling you these things.”

Tara semi smiled before going back to packing up things into the fridge. Lynn and Tara continued to chat about whatever came to mind. Tara told her a little more about the movie being shot, and things happening in the business.

They had both sat down at the kitchen table with a cup of sweet tea after cleaning up the kitchen and waited for Justin and Randy to return.

A few minutes later, Randy made his way into the room first, his cheeks still red from his crying fest but there were no longer tears running down his cheeks. Justin followed him. He spotted the two women sitting and laughing together and it made him stop in his tracks.

Tara and Lynn both glanced up at the pair as they entered the room.

“Is everything ok now?” Lynn asked, looking sympathetically at Randy.

Randy nodded before making his way toward Lynn, his arms reaching out to hug her tightly. Lynn smiled as she pulled him onto her lap and hugged him tightly, and kissed his cheeks.

“C’mon, people are leaving and we should go say good-bye,” Lynn said as she set Randy down on his feet, and held onto his hand as they made their way out of the kitchen and into the backyard.

Justin watched them walk away before he turned back to Tara who was watching him with a small smile.

“You guys looked cozy,” he said with a chuckle as he made his way over to her.

Tara shrugged her shoulder and smiled but didn’t say anything. He laughed as he sat down across from her at the table.

“Everything okay?” Tara asked him.

Justin nodded. “He’s having these freak outs lately,” he explained. “He thinks one day I’ll just pick up and leave him.”

Tara watched him as he messed with the end of the table cloth, looking down at his hands intently.

“I don’t know where he gets it from,” he continued to explain. “The only thing I can think of is that it has to do with his mom and me splitting up.”

“You think maybe he should talk to someone about it,” Tara suggested.

Justin looked up from his hands at her.

“Sorry, it’s none of my business,” Tara answered quickly holding up her hands in defense

Justin shook his head before looking down at his hands again.

“My mom’s suggested it,” he explained. “He’s only five.”

He ran a hand through his hair and sighed deeply once more. Tara watched him in silence; she didn’t want to overstep her boundaries with him.

“Maybe he’ll grow out of it,” She said simply smiling a little.

Justin looked up at her and smiled slightly. “Sorry, I shouldn’t be worrying about this now,” he said and sat up straighter. He glanced down at his watch that was on his wrist before lifting his arms into the air and stretching them.

‘Time to go?” Tara questioned with a smile.

Justin shrugged. “You gotta be up early?” he questioned.

Tara shrugged with a smile. Justin smirked at her response but before he could say anything else the backdoor opened and closed and Trace could he be heard laughing through the house. Footsteps could be heard as he made his way into the kitchen with Hannah following behind him.

“There you guys are,” he said watching them. “I thought you guys left without us; you disappeared after the first movie.”

“Justin was showing me around,” Tara replied.

“Oh yeah,” Trace said with a wink.

Hannah rolled her eyes and nudged his side lightly causing Trace to chuckle.

“Did you guys have fun?” Tara asked them.

“Tons,” Trace winked. “What about you two?”

Tara giggled and shook her head. “Is your mind always in the gutter Trace?” she asked.

Trace opened his mouth to answer, but before he could Justin cut him off.

“Pretty much,” Justin replied.

Trace frowned slightly, “Hey man that’s not true,” he said.

Justin turned to him and gave him a serious look. “Really Trace?” he questioned.

Trace laughed after a minute,” Okay fine, it’s true.” He chuckled.

They all laughed. They continued to chat for a while before Lynn and Randy made their way back into the house, with Paul following behind them.

“We better get going,” Justin replied standing up from his seat.

Randy pouted holding onto Lynn’s leg tightly. “How come?” he asked.

Justin laughed at his expression. “We’ve got a big day ahead of us tomorrow buddy, remember we’re going to Millington with Uncle Trace.” He said.

“Is Tara coming too?” Randy questioned with a smile as he made his way over towards them.

Justin remained quiet as he glanced at Tara who was watching him with a smile and knelt down to be his size.

“I wish I could,” Tara replied. “But I have to work all day tomorrow.”

“Oh,” he said pouting. “So just Uncle Trace is coming?”

Trace chuckled. “Geez kid, don’t sound so excited.” He said.

Randy smirked and stuck his tongue out at him.

“Oh no you didn’t,” Trace replied before running towards him.

Randy let out a shriek before taking off into the living room with Trace chasing after him. Lynn smiled watching them before turning back towards Tara and Justin.

“Well it was nice meeting you Tara,” Lynn said as she made her way towards her, her arms opening up in a friendly hug.

Tara smiled and hugged her back. “You too,” she replied. “I had a great time.”

Lynn smiled. “Good I’m glad,” she said. “You’ll have to come over for dinner soon so we can chat some more.”

Tara nodded. “Definitely,” she replied.

Paul came forward then and hugged Tara as well, as Lynn made her way over to Hannah giving her a hug as well and then hugged Justin tightly kissing his cheek. As soon as everyone said their good-byes Justin ushered everyone outside and to his truck. They all climbed in and started on their way back to the bungalows.

-*-

Everyone was quiet on the way back to the bungalows. Randy insisted on sitting in the front seat again between Justin and Tara and a few minutes into the drive he had leaned against Tara’s side and had fallen asleep. Tara smiled when she felt his heavy weight lean against her, and moved her arm so that his head rested comfortably on her lap.

“Man,” Trace mumbled. “He’s got the best seat in the house.”

They all giggled quietly. Tara rolled her eyes at his response before looking out the window at the dark night passing them by. Justin looked in his rear view mirror glancing at Trace and shaking his head as Hannah smacked his shoulder, but she too was giggling.

The rest of the drive was quiet, Justin soon pulled onto the dirt road that lead towards the row of bungalows. He parked outside of Tara and Hannah’s bungalow. Hannah and Trace got out first and made their way toward the bungalow as Justin turned to Tara and helped her get Randy off of her lap without waking him up.

Justin opened his door getting out and leaning over to pick Randy up and put him into the back seat of the truck. Tara got out of the car as well, and stood with her arms crossed over her chest as she waited for Justin to join her.

Hannah and Trace were already inside the house, giving Justin and Tara some privacy. Once Justin got Randy buckled into the back he closed the door softly before turning toward Tara who was watching him.

“I had a good time tonight,” she said with a smile. “Thanks for inviting me.”

He smiled. “I figured if I didn’t then Randy would,” he replied.

Tara giggled. Justin smiled as he heard her giggle, and he made his way towards her and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Tara smiled as she sunk into his chest, closing her eyes as she took in his scent once more.

“I hope you have a good time tomorrow,” she said.

“We’ll try,” he said.

Tara laughed. She broke the hug and looked up at him as he looked down at her. She stood up on her tip toes her lips touching his lightly. Justin kissed her back softly, holding her closer to him. They broke the kiss a minute later, both breathless as they hugged each other tightly once more.

“Call me on your lunch tomorrow ok?” Justin asked.

Tara nodded. “I’ll try and remember,” she said. “I’ll have Hannah write it in her organizer.”

Justin chuckled. “You know how funny that sounds?” he asked.

Tara pouted and looked up at him. “I have a lot on my mind okay,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

He laughed as he reached up and brushed the loose strands of hair from her face, holding her face in his hands lightly.

“I’m just teasing you,” he said softly.

Tara pouted once more. He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her lips once more. Tara leaned against him further as she deepened the kiss, her hand reaching up to wrap around his neck and pulling him closer.

Before the kiss got any deeper there was a loud cough that echoed through the night. They both broke the kiss quickly, and looked where the noise had come from. Trace was making his way towards them from the bungalow’s porch.

“C’mon you two, it’s late.” He said with a smirk.

Justin rolled his eyes before turning to Tara once more. He kissed her forehead lightly before pulling himself away from her.

“Call me tomorrow,” he reminded her.

She nodded. “Have fun,” she said.

Justin made his way towards the driver side of the car, as Tara turned and made her way toward Trace who was walking towards the car.

“See you later Trace,” she nudged his shoulder lightly as she passed him.

He chuckled as he reached the truck and got into the passenger seat. Justin started to truck as Tara reached the porch and she turned around and waved to them before going inside.

Hannah was sitting at her lap top on the couch, typing furiously at something. She looked up at Tara as she made her way into the house.

“Can you remind me to call Justin on my lunch tomorrow?” Tara asked as she took off her jacket and kicked off her shoes.

Hannah nodded as she stopped typing and reached for her organizer, flipping to a page and began to write on it.

“Thank you,” Tara replied with a smile. “Did you have a good time?”

“It was okay,” Hannah replied before going back to typing away.

“I saw you talking to a group of people when we got there,” Tara commented. “Was that his family?”

Hannah nodded. “He introduced me to his mom, and sisters,” she said.

“I met Justin’s parents too,” Tara replied. “And Randy’s other grandmother.”

“How was that?” Hannah asked.

Tara shrugged. “Kind of nerve wracking,” she said. “It seemed like it went okay though.”

Tara glanced at the time on the wall clock and yawned slightly.

“I should probably go to bed,” Tara replied and made her way towards her bedroom. “Night Hannah, don’t stay up too late.”

“Night.”

Tara walked into her bedroom and closed her door. She put her purse on her dresser before taking off her clothes and changing into her pajamas. She went into the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth and then went back into her room saying good-night to Hannah once more.

She got under the covers after setting her alarm on her phone and closed her eyes. The night’s events playing through her mind as she thought about how if things kept going the way they were, the next three months were going to be the best three months of her life.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story