Author's Chapter Notes:
So, I'm coming into my last week and a half of the semester. It feels SO good to be almost done! Anyway, I had a chance to get some writing done in between homework so I thought I should post a chapter to tie you guys over until my summer vacation. :) It's a long one, the longest I have ever written I think, 17 pages. Please continue to let me know what you think; I enjoy hearing from you all. As you have noticed as well I am nominated at the NF.net awards :) I'll let you know when voting begins. Thanks for reading and reviewing!
Chapter 15:

Weeks went by in a blur for everyone, before they knew it they had been filming in Tennessee for almost a month.

Tara and Justin had been growing closer and closer by the day, along with Renee and Andrew. As much as Hannah wanted to fight it, she and Trace were hanging out quite a bit as well.

Tara had been invited to a few dinners with Lynn and Paul, and also had the chance to meet Susan in passing. She didn’t really sit and talk to her but she happened to be at Justin’s when she came to pick Randy up one weekend. That particular weekend, the group had some time off so Justin decided it would be a good weekend to have a barbeque.

Thanks to Randy’s begging everyday for the past month, Justin had put in an above ground pool. It wasn’t too wide or deep but it was enough for Randy to have a good time in and for the adults to relax in.

Justin was standing in the kitchen cutting up some vegetables for the salad. He was dressed in long black swim trunks, a white tank top, and a pair of black flip flops on his feet.

He was humming a tune when he felt arms wrap around his stomach from behind and he jumped a little, and heard a giggle. He shook his head with a chuckle after realizing exactly who it was.

“Did I scare you?” Tara asked, leaning her forehead against his back.

“A little,” he commented before finishing chopping his vegetables. “You almost made me cut my finger off.”

Tara giggled. “Sorry,” she left a kiss on his back before she headed toward the fridge and grabbed herself a bottle of water.

She was dressed in jeans shorts with a white tank top and a black bikini underneath. She took a drink from the bottle before putting it down on the counter.

“Do you need any help?” she asked.

He shook his head. “I think I’m about done in here,” he replied. “Can you grab some extra towels from the closet though?” he asked.

She nodded and made her way back down the hallway toward the closet. She opened it and grabbed a few towels and closed the closet once again. As she was making her way back down the hallway the doorbell rang.

“Tar! Can you get that?” Justin called from the kitchen.

Tara smiled at the nickname he had taken to calling her for the past couple of weeks. She made her way toward the front door and opened it.

Trace and Hannah were standing there. Trace was dressed in a pair of long swim trunks and a plain white t-shirt while holding a meat platter with enough meet to feed a small army.

“Hey guys!” Tara said with a smile.

Trace walked in, kissing Tara’s cheek before heading toward the kitchen. Tara turned back to Hannah who was dressed in a baggy shirt and a pair of cloth capris. She had her laptop bag hanging on her arm.

“You’re not really going to be working are you?” Tara asked as she moved out of the way so Hannah could make her way into the house.

Hannah shrugged as she walked into the house. Tara closed the door and made her way toward the kitchen. Trace and Justin were standing at the counter looking at the meat lying on the platter.

“You marinated too much,” Justin said poking at the meat with a fork.

“I did not,” Trace said. “You’ll see it will be perfect.”

The boys continued their argument as they made their way outside and into the backyard. Tara watched them before giggling to herself and turning to Hannah.

“Did you want a drink or something?” Tara asked.

Hannah shook her head no, “I’m fine thanks,” she replied.

“We should head out back then,” Tara said and nodded her head toward the back door.

“Are you gonna swim?” she asked.

Hannah shrugged. They made their way toward the backdoor and opened the sliding glass door. Trace and Justin were standing by the barbeque getting it ready. Tara went and set the towels down on a near by chair before grabbing one of them and made herself a spot on one of the lounge chairs.

Hannah made herself a spot in the shade and started to pull out her laptop when Trace called out.

“Oh no you don’t,” he joked. “You take that out and I’m going to toss you into the pool.”

Hannah looked up at him and gave him a dirty look before sticking out her tongue at him.

“I mean it Hannah,” Trace warned.

She rolled her eyes and sat back in the chair crossing her arms in front of her. Tara giggled as she glanced at them before lying back in her chair.

About 20 minutes later, Andrew and Renee showed up with the drinks. Andrew went right to the grill with Justin and Trace while Renee pulled a lounge chair up next to Tara and they started talking.

“What is Hannah doing?” Renee asked as she slipped her sunglasses over her eyes.

Tara shrugged. “She’s being Hannah,” she replied.

“Is that her laptop bag?” Renee asked.

Tara nodded. “She tried to take it out and Trace wouldn’t let her,” she giggled. “You should have seen her face.”

Renee giggled. They were quiet for a while just soaking in the sun while the guys finished cooking the meat.

“So, how are things?” Renee asks with a sly smile.

Tara couldn’t help but smile. Things with Justin had been great, they were taking things slow and it was unlike any relationship she had ever been in. It was nice. She appreciated him for who he was and everything he did for his family.

When Tara didn’t respond, Renee turned and looked at her and noticed her bright smile, she giggled and shook her head.

“That good huh?” Renee asked.

“Things are good,” Tara agreed. “How about you guys?”

Renee’s smile brightened and that was all the answer Tara needed. They started talking like the high school girls they were portraying in the movie they were filming. They continued their conversation until that heard,

“Are you guy’s ready to eat?” Trace called to them from the barbeque.

Tara and Renee both got up and made their way to the picnic table that was in the shade. Everyone got a plate and served up their food and drink and sat around the small table and began to eat and talk.

-*-

An hour or so later everyone had finished eating and were just sitting around talking and finishing their drinks. The boys wanted to plan a day at the lake with speedboats and jet skis, as well as a day in Millington for another day at the fair. The conversation turned to the movie talk.

“So, how are things with the movie coming?” Trace asked as he took a drink of his beer.

“Things are good,” Tara replied. “We’ve got a lot of the filming done at the school already.”

“Where else are you gonna film?” Trace asked.

“I think we’re gonna film a few scenes at the Diner,” Tara responded.

“Oh! The lake scene too,” Renee jumped in.

“Lake scene?” Andrew replied. “Does that mean bikini’s?”

The group laughed.

“You’re a perv,” Renee replied hitting his arm.

He laughed. “Yeah, but you love it.”

Renee stuck her tongue out at him.

“I give my permission to film at the Auto Repair place,” Trace jumped in causing the group the laugh. “I’m serious!”

“Trace, these characters are in high school,” Tara explained. “Their parent’s take care of all that stuff for them.”

“So then have the parent’s scenes filmed there,” Trace replied.

The group laughed again.

“Give it up Trace,” Justin said finishing off his beer before standing up. “I’m getting another, anyone want?”

Andrew and Trace both nodded, and Tara stood up.

“I’ll go with you,” she said with a smile as she took the empty bottles from the table and followed Justin into the house.

They made their way into the kitchen, and Tara dumped the empty bottles into the recycling bin as Justin went to the fridge to get out new beers.

“Are you having fun?” Justin asked her as he began to pull the tops off of the beer bottles with his opener.

Tara looked at him and smiled before she nodded. She walked over to him and leaned into his side, Justin wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her closer as he kissed the top of her head.

“It’s too bad Randy couldn’t be here,” she said.

“I know,” Justin answered. “Believe me; I tried everything Susan wouldn’t budge.”

“Is it because of me?” She asked.

He turned her so that she was standing in front of him leaning back against the counter. His hands moved to her cheeks, as he held her face lightly before leaning down and kissing her lips softly.

Tara groaned as she leaned against him, moving her arms to wrap around his neck pulling him closer. Justin broke the kiss a minute later and looked down at her before kissing her forehead lightly.

“It’s not you,” he mumbled lightly. “Susan is very by the book, she likes a schedule.”

“Are you sure?” she asked.

Justin chuckled before leaning into kiss her forehead lightly once again.

“Yes, I promise,” he replied.

Tara sighed and pouted lightly.

Justin laughed. “C’mon, we should head back out there.” He said.

Tara nodded. She reached for one of the bottles as Justin grabbed the other two and they headed back outside. The group was laughing about something as they put the three bottles on the table.

“Who wants to swim?” Tara said with a smile as she handed Trace his bottle.

“Oh me!” Renee said moving her chair to get out of the seat.

They took off their jean shorts and tank tops before climbing into the pool. Justin and Andrew looked at each other before taking off their tank tops and heading toward the pool as well.

There was a lot of chasing, tickling, and laughing going on that Hannah tried her hardest not to gag in response. Trace had been watching the group before he turned to Hannah.

“Don’t want to go in?” He asked her taking a drink of his beer.

She shook her head, “I’m fine,” she replied. “You can go in if you want to though.”

He shook his head in response. “I’m fine,” he replied.

Tara was sitting on Justin’s shoulders as Renee was on Andrews and they attempted to play chicken fight. After playing a few games of chicken, the group floated around the pool to cool off.

Tara had her arms around Justin’s neck, and wrapped her leg around his waist from behind. Justin was holding her legs around his waist rubbing them softly as they floated around the pool.

Renee had her arms around Andrew’s neck, but they were facing each other.

“Hannah!” Renee called. “Come in!”

Hannah looked up from the book she had snuck out of her bag when Trace had left to take a business call.

“I’m fine,” Hannah called back.

“C’mon,” Renee said. “Aren’t you hot?”

Hannah shrugged.

“Just a dip, it’ll cool you off,” Renee continued.

Hannah sighed; she knew Renee wouldn’t give up until she got in. She closed her book and stood up and pulled off her clothes that were over her one-piece bathing suit.

“Woohoo!” Renee cheered.

Hannah made her way toward the pool and climbed in slowly, before ducking under the water to get her hair wet.

“See, isn’t that better?” Renee asked once she came back from under the water.

Trace came back from talking on the phone and saw Hannah swimming around in the pool. He took off his tank top and jumped into the water causing it to go everywhere.

The group talked more about what was going on around town. There was going to be a big 4th of July celebration down by the lake that week with tons of games and good food. The group made plans to go together. Lynn and Paul were planning another movie night soon and the whole group was invited this time. They started to make plans for the upcoming weekends when the girls weren’t filming when Hannah spoke up.

“Tara, don’t you have that press thing in New York next weekend?” Hannah questioned.

Justin turned to look at Tara who was resting her chin on his shoulder, still hugging him from behind. He had a questioning expression on his face, and Tara started to un-wrap her arms from around him as he moved away from her.

“Oh,” Tara said caught off guard. “I guess I do.”

“Aww, you’re gonna leave us?” Andrew pouted.

“Just for a little bit,” Tara explained quickly. “It’s just some press stuff I have to do for the film.”

“For how long?” Andrew asked.

“A weekend,” Tara replied quickly, taking a look at Justin who was now on the other side of the pool.

She then looked at Hannah who had realized what she said and gave Tara an apologetic look. Justin began to climb out of the pool.

“Jus, where you goin?” Trace asked.

“I’m just gonna clean up,” he replied taking a towel from one of the chairs and started to dry himself off.

“I’ll help,” Tara replied quickly making her way to the steps to get out.

Justin didn’t say anything as he wiped off the remaining water off his chest and made his way toward the picnic table and started piling up plates. Tara dried off quickly, wrapping the towel around her waist before rushing to follow him into the house.

Hannah turned to the group in the pool, “I said something I shouldn’t have didn’t I?” she asked.

“Just leave them alone for a while,” Trace cautioned wrapping an arm around Hannah’s shoulders bringing her close to him.

-*-

Tara followed Justin into the kitchen, and watched as he dumped the plates into the sink loudly. He sighed as he rested his hands on the counter, and took a deep breath.

“How long have you known about this?” he asked.

Tara licked her lips before answering quietly, “A couple of weeks,” she replied.

“So you were just gonna pick up and leave without telling me?” He questioned looking up at her.

“No!” Tara replied quickly, “of course not.”

“Then why am I finding this out now?” Justin questioned. “When you knew a couple of weeks ago?”

“I-“ Tara started. “I didn’t know how to tell you.”

Justin shook his head and began to fill up the sink with hot, soapy water. Tara remained quiet as she watched him, and began to gnaw on her bottom lip.

“Is this how it’s gonna end too?” Justin asked. “You’re just going to pick up and leave?”

“No!” Tara cried. “Justin, please, don’t freak out about this.”

Justin scoffed before shutting off the water and starting the dishes, scrubbing the plates.

“I watch you all day flirting with that co-star of yours then you come to my place to play house with my son and now you’re just gonna leave without saying anything!” he argued.

That caught Tara off guard. He never spoke to her that way, he was angry, and she didn’t know what to do to change it. She could feel the tears starting to develop in her eyes but she blinked them away quickly. But she couldn’t stop the sniffle from escaping. Justin froze when he heard it, but then went back to washing dishes.

“I didn’t realize I was causing you so much pain,” Tara replied as she wiped her eyes quickly.

He remained quiet as he added more dirty dishes into the sink.

“Just so you know, I would never leave without saying anything,” she started. “I care about you and Randy too much to do that.”

He just continued scrubbing rest of the dishes.

“Whether you believe me or not is your own issue,” she finished.

She watched him as he finished the dishes and rinsed them before putting them on a rack to dry. She made her way over to him slowly and when she reached his side she put a hand on his shoulder, and he looked at her. He noticed how red her eyes were from trying to keep the tears at bay and that broke his heart even more then the situation. He turned and reached up to hold her face in his hands.

“I’m sorry,” he whispered.

That caused the tears to escape from Tara’s eyes and she tried to move her face away from his hands so that he wouldn’t see them but he held her face firmly and wiped the tears away with his thumbs

“You’re important to me too,” he said softly.

She reached up taking his hands into hers and pulling them away from her face as she looked him in the eye.

“That was really hurtful,” she commented.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized again. “I was caught off guard.”

“So, every time you’re caught off guard you’re gonna say hurtful things to me?” she asked crossing her arms over her chest.

He sighed and ran a hand through his semi-wet curly hair. He turned and looked out the window of the small kitchen.

“You know I didn’t mean what I said,” he replied.

“Then why did you say it?” she asked.

“I told you, I was caught off guard,” he explained. “I know it’s not an excuse and I’m sorry I said those things to you, but you have to understand where I’m coming from.”

Tara watched him as he turned and looked at her, his eyes sad and pleading with her.

“I’m dating this gorgeous popular movie star, who can have anyone in the world,” he explained. “But she picked me, a single dad and basketball coach from Tennessee.”

“You’re more then just a single dad and a basketball coach Justin,” Tara replied watching him closely.

He made his way toward her and stood in front of her, “I got scared I guess,” he mumbled as he looked down at his bare feet. “You’re going to leave, and not come back.”

Tara sighed before she un-crossed her arms and wrapped them around him tightly, burying her face in his chest. He sighed as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her tight against his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head lightly.

“Tar, I…” he whispered. “I love you.”

Tara looked up at him quickly, as he looked down at her. Before she could reply, he leaned down and kissed her lips, his hand holding onto her cheek as he deepened the kiss. Tara groaned into the kiss, kissing him back as she leaned against him causing him to lean back against the kitchen counter. When he hit the counter, he broke the kiss and looked at her.

When she didn’t say anything he opened his mouth to say something, to explain what he said, when she shook her head and put her finger to his lips to keep them closed. He watched her, his eyes big in question.

She reached up, wrapping her other hand around his neck and pulling his lips to her once again in a deep kiss. She didn’t have to say the words for Justin to know that Tara felt the same way about him.

-*-

After Tara and Justin made up from their little fight, they made their back outside where Andrew and Trace were playing one on one while Renee was sitting out in a lounge chair tanning and Hannah was back reading a book at the picnic table. Tara went to sit with Renee while Justin joined the boys on the basketball court. No one brought up what had just happened for the rest of the night.

After a few hours, the three couples said their good-byes and went on their way. Tara was going to spend the night with Justin, so Trace volunteered to take Hannah home. After a few hugs and kisses on the cheek Andrew and Renee left as well as Hannah and Trace.

Tara went to take a shower to get all the chlorine off, while Justin finished up cleaning the kitchen. She came out in a pair of cloth shorts and a tank top, her hair was down and semi-wet from air drying. She walked into the kitchen once again and Justin was rinsing off the last dish.

She smiled as she walked behind him and wrapped her arms around his back like she did in the beginning of the day. He didn’t jump this time when he felt her arms wrap around his waist.

“Feel better?” he asked.

She smiled. “Much,” she replied. “You should go take a shower, I’ll finish up.”

“Are you sure?” He asked.

She moved herself next to him and bumped his hip with hers so she could move him over. He laughed as he handed her the dish towel before kissing her head.

“I’ll be quick,” he replied and made his way down the hall to take a quick shower.

Tara finished up the dishes and got them dried and put away. She then made her way into the living room and sat down on his couch and turned on the TV waiting for Justin to finish his shower.

He came out 20 minutes later in long pajama pants and a plain white T-shirt. He jumped over the back of the couch and landed half way on top of her on the other side. Tara shrieked in surprise when she felt Justin’s weight land on top of her. He laughed as he laid on his side next to her, holding her close to him, her back against his chest as they faced the TV.

“Whatcha watchin’?” he asked, as he leaned into to rest his chin against shoulder holding her close.

“I don’t know, just flipping through,” she replied as she snuggled back into him.

He moved in and started to leave small kisses on the side of her neck, causing her to shiver in his arms.

“What’s the plan for tomorrow?” she asked.

“Hmm,” he mumbled as he kissed her neck softly. “Do you have the whole day?”

Tara smiled. “As far as I know,” she replied. “Why is there something you have in mind?”

His hand started to roam up and down her side, slipping inside the side of her tank top and feeling her soft skin.

Tara giggled before reaching up to move his hand away. “You’re tickling me,” she said.

He chuckled as he held onto her tightly. “Okay, sorry,” he said.

They were silent for a while as they continued to watch whatever was on TV.

“So, if I invited you to New York would you come?” she asked.

Justin lifted his head and looked down at her. Tara felt him shift and she turned and looked up at him as he looked down at her.

“What?” he questioned his eyes big.

She giggled at his expression. “You should come with me to New York next weekend,” she said.

“Are you serious?” he asked.

Tara smiled. “Yeah, why not?” She replied. “It’ll be fun; you can see my apartment and meet my sister.”

“Is it okay that I go?” He asked.

“Of course,” She said smiling brightly at him. He was considering it.

“Are you sure?” He asked.

She giggled. “Yes, of course,” she replied. “It’s only for a weekend.”

He didn’t say anything as he continued to look at her. She laughed as she moved to face him, leaning her chest against him as she wrapped her arms around him.

“So?” she questioned, as she leaned in to kiss his lips lightly. “What do you think?”

“I mean you’ll have to go to a few boring appearances, but at least we’ll be together,” she encouraged.

“Is it next weekend?” he asked.

She nodded. “If you have Randy I understand,” she said quickly.

He shook his head. “Susan owes me a weekend,” he explained.

She smiled and snuggled in closer to him. “So is that a yes?” she questioned.

He smiled as he leaned down and kissed her lips once again, his hand reaching to move the piece of hair from her face. She groaned as she leaned closer to him and kissed him back, knowing exactly what he meant. He broke the kiss and kissed her forehead lightly.

“I would love to come,” he whispered.

She giggled and leaned forward to kiss him once again, causing him to lie on his back as she lay on top of him. They were kissing on the couch for a while when Justin’s house phone rang loudly through the silence.

They broke the kiss quickly, and Justin sighed as he hid his face in her neck. Tara laughed as she moved herself off of him.

“You should answer it,” she replied.

He sat up and jumped over the back of the couch rushing into the kitchen to grab the phone as it continued to ring. Tara smiled as she leaned back on the couch and listened to one side of the conversation.

“Hello,” he answered.

“What? What’s wrong?” he continued.

With that Tara lifted her head from the couch and looked at Justin who was pacing the kitchen phone to his ear.

“Is he all right?” he questioned, his expression full of worry. “Sus, I can’t just-“

He had been cut off.

“Okay, Okay, I’ll be right over,” he finished hanging up the phone.

“What’s wrong?” Tara asked as she got off the couch and started to make his way toward him.

“Randy had a nightmare,” he explained. “But he won’t go back to sleep, Susan said he just keeps crying and calling for me.”

“I need to go over there,” he said looking at her apologetically.

Tara nodded. “Of course, do you want me to wait here for you?” she asked. “Or should I just head back.”

He ran a hand through his hair before looking at her again. “Will you come with me?” he asked.

She watched him closely. “Are you sure?” she asked.

He nodded quickly.

“C’mon, let’s get changed” she grabbed his hand and walked with him to his bedroom to change.

Tara changed into some sweat pants and a hooded sweatshirt, slipping on some tennis shoes while Justin threw on a sweatshirt and grabbed his car keys and wallet. They were out the door a few minutes later and heading toward Susan’s.

-*-

Justin pulled up to a small two-story house sometime later and shut the truck off. The lights were shinning through the windows of the upstairs Tara looked at the house and then at Justin, reaching for his hand and holding onto it tightly.

“Do you want me to stay in the truck?” she asked quietly.

He looked at the house then turned to her.

“No,” he replied. “Come in with me?”

Tara nodded. They got out of the car and headed to the front door holding hands. Once they reached the door Justin knocked softly and they waited. Soft footsteps could be heard on the other side of the door before the porch light turned on and the door opened slowly.

Susan poked her head out, and saw Justin and she opened the door and froze when she spotted Tara standing next to him.

Before Susan could say anything Justin spoke up.

“Where is he?” he asked, as he pushed his way into the house grabbing a hold of Tara’s hand and bringing her inside the house.

“He’s in his room,” Susan replied as she tightened her robe around herself.

Tara let go of his hand, “Go ahead,” she said.

He looked at her then at Susan before heading up the stairs, two at a time heading to Randy’s room. Both Tara and Susan watched him walk up the stairs before turning to look at each other.

“Would you like something to drink?” Susan asked breaking Tara out of her daze. “I have some coffee brewing,”

Tara turned to her, “Um, sure,” she replied. “I’ll take a cup.”

Susan nodded. “The living room is right through there,” she said.

Tara nodded and walked into the living room. Susan had her own set of pictures propped up on the mantel above the fireplace and Tara looked at them as she waited for her coffee. Susan came back a few minutes later with a tray, a small coffee pot on it with two cups, milk and sugar.

“I didn’t know how you liked it,” Susan said as she set the tray down on the coffee table.

Tara turned from the pictures and came over to sit down on the couch; they set up their cups of coffee before sitting back and began drinking.

“So, have you always wanted to be a lawyer?” Tara asked taking a sip of her coffee.

Susan looked at her in surprise. “Um, yes pretty much,” she replied.

Tara nodded.

“Randy says you’re playing a cheerleader?” Susan asked watching her closely.

Tara smiled. “For the movie we’re filming here I am,” she replied.

Susan nodded. “He thinks it’s the best thing ever,” she said.

Tara giggled. “It’s not an easy business,” she explained. “You have to know the right people.”

“Is your family involved in the industry?” Susan asked.

“My mom was a model,” Tara explained. “My sister works on a few TV shows.”

“I see,” Susan said.

They chitchatted for a few minutes, talking about small things. Justin came down the stairs about a half hour later, both Tara and Susan stood up.

“He’s fine,” he said quickly. “He wants to say good-night to Tara.”

Tara looked at Susan then at him. He nodded. “Up the stairs, second door on your left.” He said.

Tara walked past them and made her way up the stairs. She found the right door and knocked softly before sticking her head into the room.

Randy was lying on his back holding onto a stuffed bear tightly, his thumb was tucked into his mouth. Tara could see the tear stains on his cheeks from the nightlight plugged into the wall.

“Hey buddy,” she said softly.

He looked at her and waved at her. She smiled and walked into the bedroom and went to sit down on the edge of his bed, facing him.

“Aren’t you tired?” Tara asked yawning herself. “I’m exhausted.”

Randy shrugged, not saying anything.

Tara smiled. “We’re gonna go to the 4th of July party on Wednesday right?” she asked.

He nodded. “By the lake?” He asked.

She smiled. “Of course,”

He sighed and turned over facing Tara, snuggling the blankets around himself tighter. Tara leaned forward and wrapped the blankets around him tightly, tucking them under his body so he was in a cocoon. He watched her and smiled as he hugged his teddy bear tightly.

“You should try and get some sleep ok?”

Randy nodded. Tara smiled and leaned forward to kiss his forehead.

“Will you stay until I fall asleep?” he asked.

Tara nodded. Randy closed his eyes once again, and she watched him for a while as she heard his breathing getting deeper. He finally fell asleep and Tara left quietly walking down the stairs. Justin and Susan were talking quietly in the living room when Tara appeared.

“He’s asleep,” she said.

Justin stood up quickly as well as Susan. “We should head back, it’s late.” Justin said.

Susan nodded. They made their way to the front door and Susan opened it allowing Tara and Justin to leave.

“We’ll talk later,” Susan said to him. “Thank you for coming.”

Justin nodded.

“Thank you for the coffee Susan,” Tara said.

Susan smiled. “You’re welcome,” she said. “Sorry I ruined your night.”

“It’s okay,” Tara replied. “Randy is more important.”

Justin and Tara got into his truck and headed home. The drive there was quiet, much like the drive to Susan’s. Once they reached his house they got out and walked into the house.

They made their way into the bedroom; Tara changed back into her pajamas while Justin took off his sweat shirt and climbed into the bed. Tara got under the covers next to him and snuggled close to him as he turned off the light.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Tara asked.

“Not tonight,” he replied. “We’ll talk about it in the morning.”

Tara nodded. She turned and kissed his lips lightly before closing her eyes letting sleep take over her body. He hugged her close, letting his eyes close in exhaustion, and he drifted off to sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story