Author's Chapter Notes:
Summer vacation is here! I hope to finish this story this summer. Let's just see how that works out. Anyway, thank you all for the continued support. Please let me know what you think :) I hope you enjoy this chapter as well.
Chapter 16:

Tara was the first to wake up, mostly because she was used to waking up at the crack of dawn during filming. Her back was pressed against Justin’s chest as he held her waist tightly, his face nuzzled into the back of her neck, in her hair.

She heard his deep breathing and knew he was not ready to be woken up yet. Last night had thrown him for a loop; she could tell by the way he was acting on the drive home last night. She didn’t exactly have any experience in this area, so she didn’t quite know what to do.

As she was lying there she felt Justin take a deep breath and then let her waist go, turning himself over to lie on his back. She turned and looked at him as he licked his lips in his sleep and dozed back into a deep sleep.

She smiled and lifted the covers off herself and climbing out of the bed quickly. She grabbed the sweatshirt he had warn last night to Susan’s and slipped it on before grabbing her cell phone and walking out into the kitchen.

She put on a pot of coffee before walking into the living room and sat down on the couch. She sent Hannah a text, making sure she was awake before she called her. After she received a text back she dialed her number quickly.

“Hello?” Hannah’s sleepy voice could be heard on the other end.

“Did you just wake up?” Tara asked quickly.

“I’ve just been lying in bed,” Hannah replied. “What’s up?”

“I need a favor,”

“Okay,”

“Can you call Markus and ask him if it’s okay that I bring someone with me next weekend?”

“Tara, I’m already going with you,” Hannah replied.

“Of course you are,” Tara replied. “I’m talking about someone else.”

“Someone else?” Hannah asked.

Tara remained quiet, waiting for Hannah to process the information. She then heard her take a deep breath, realization coming to her.

“Oh, Justin,” she said simply. “Are you sure that’s wise?”

Tara rolled her eyes. “Yes Hannah, I already asked him,” she replied. “He said he’d come.”

“Okay,” Hannah replied. “I just hope you know what you’re getting yourself into.”

“I do know,” Tara replied. “So will you ask?”

“I’ll ask him today,” Hannah assured.

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.”

There was a moment of silence over the phone when Tara spoke up again.

“How’d the rest of your night go?” Tara asked she could imagine Hannah’s embarrassed face as Trace drove her home.

“Fine,” Hannah replied simply. “What about you guys?”

“We ended up going over to Susan’s,” Tara said.

“How come?” Hannah asked quickly.

“Randy had a nightmare,” Tara said. “He needed Justin, so we went.”

“Is he okay?”

“He’s fine he just needed Justin’s comfort,” Tara replied.

They talked for a few minutes before saying goodbye. By then the coffee was done and Tara had gone into the kitchen in search of a mug. She was looking in the cupboard that was above the counter and as she reached up for one of them she felt two strong arms wrapping around her waist.

“Geez Justin,” she squeaked as she nearly dropped the mug.

She heard him chuckle as he buried his face in the back of her neck, kissing it softly.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” he mumbled holding her close.

She smiled putting the mug safely onto the counter top.

“Cause you looked exhausted,” she replied.

“Did you sleep okay?” he asked, changing the subject.

“Yes I did,” she said.

She turned herself to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She noticed his eyes were a little red and she pouted at him. He chuckled at her expression as he leaned in to kiss her lips lightly.

Justin got himself a cup of coffee and they settled down in the living room with their coffee. They talked a little bit about what had happened last night with Randy. It was still a touchy subject with him, but she got a little more information out of him about Randy’s situation. She didn’t want to pry of course, it really wasn’t any of her business but Justin seemed like he needed someone to talk to about it, besides Trace.

They spent the morning lounging around the house not doing anything in particular. Justin got the newspaper and was reading it while Tara decided to make some phone calls to her family.

She hadn’t gotten a chance to talk to them in a while so she spent an hour or so talking to both her mom and her sister.

After hanging up with her sister, she had gotten another phone call. It was Markus.

“Hey Markus,” she answered quickly.

“Tara, honey how are you?” he asked.

She smiled. “I’m fine, how are things with you?”

“Fantastic, listen I just got this call from Hannah about your special guest for the weekend,” he began.

“What about him?” she asked.

“Are you sure that’s wise?” Markus asked.

“Why wouldn’t it be?”

“Your image Tara,” Markus explained. “You’re the next big thing; do you think having some boy on your arm is going to help that?”

“He’s not just some boy Markus,” Tara started.

“Oh no,” he said. “You don’t have feelings for him do you?”

“Markus, you are overreacting,” she replied quickly.

“Am I?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said.

They remained quiet for a minute before Tara thought of something.

“Would you be reacting this way if I was inviting Tyler?” she asked.

He said nothing.

She sighed. “That’s what I thought,” she said. “I want him to come, so please make sure there is a plane ticket for him.”

“Okay,” Markus said sighing.

“Thank you,” she said. “Now I gotta go, I’ve been on the phone for almost two hours.”

“I’ll call Hannah this week with the flight details,” he said.

“Okay, talk to you soon.”

They both hung up. Tara sighed as she closed her phone, and stuck it into her pocket before walking into the house. Justin was in the kitchen talking on the phone when she walked in.

He looked at her when she walked in and smiled before holding up a finger signaling that he needed a minute. She nodded at him and went back to curl up on the couch and wait for him.

After he hung up he rushed back into the living room, and jumped over the couch the same way he had done the night before he landed on top of her.

“Who was that?” she asked.

“My folks, they’re having a Sunday lunch,” he said. “You want to go?”

Tara smiled. “Sure,” she said.

They headed back into his room and changed into some clothes before getting into Justin’s truck and heading to his parents. When they got there, the lunch was in full swing, Paul was out back barbequing, and Justin went to talk to him while Tara made her way inside.

“Tara honey is that you?” Lynn called from the kitchen.

Tara walked through the house and into the kitchen where Lynn was getting things ready for their lunch.

“Hi Lynn,” Tara said walking into the kitchen.

Lynn turned and spotted her smiling. “Hi sweetie, how are you?” she said stopping what she was doing to hug her.

Tara hugged her with a smile. “I’m fine, how are you?” she said.

“Oh you know, same ol same ol,” Lynn said. “How’s filming going?”

Tara smiled. “Very good,” she said. “Things are right on schedule.”

“That’s great,” Lynn said as she went back to getting things ready for the lunch.

“Do you need any help Lynn?” Tara asked.

Lynn shook her head. “No, everything’s just about done,” she said.

Tara watched her as she finished putting the finishing touches on a pasta salad she was making.

“I was surprised when Justin said you guys would be here,” Lynn said. “I thought you’d be filming,”

“I got the weekend off,” Tara replied. “We had a little barbeque at Justin’s yesterday with my assistant and Renee.”

“Did Trace and Andrew go too?” Lynn asked.

“Yup, they were there,” Tara said.

They continued talking for a while about what happened the past couple of weeks when Paul and Justin came back into the house.

“Hey Tara sweetie how are you?” Paul asked as he put the meat platter onto the counter and hugged Tara tightly.

“I’m great Paul how are you?” Tara asked.

“Oh just fine,” he said. “I’m glad you guys could join us.”

“We are too,” Tara replied.

Tara helped Lynn set the table while Justin and Paul brought the food out setting it in the middle. They all sat around the table and ate their lunch talking about their up coming week. Paul and Lynn were having a 4th of July barbeque at their house before everyone headed to the lake for the fireworks. So they had agreed to be at the barbeque and Justin told them about going to New York that weekend.

After they finished eating, Tara volunteered herself and Justin to do the dishes while Lynn and Paul relaxed in the living room. Tara was washing while Justin dried and put things away.

“So they took New York well,” Tara commented as she handed him a plate.

Justin nodded as he rinsed it and began to dry it.

“Better then I thought,” he said. “I mean it wouldn’t have mattered if they didn’t approve though, I’m a big boy now.”

Tara giggled at his comment. “You don’t want them to be mad at you though,” she said.

“It’s not them you have to worry about,” he said.

“I thought you said she’d be fine with it,” Tara said looking at him concerned.

“She should be, especially after last night,” Justin said.

Tara pouted. “I don’t want it to be pay back,” she said.

He shook his head and nudged her hip with his.

“It’ll be fine,” he reassured.

She didn’t say anything as she finished up with the dishes.

“Have you talked to Markus?” Justin asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I talked to him this morning,” she said. “He said he’d have a plane ticket for you ready.”

“How did he sound?” Justin asked.

Tara smiled. “He was a little concerned, but that’s to be expected.”

“It is?” he asked.

Tara smiled as she leaned into his side, “Don’t worry, he’s gonna love you ok?” she said.

He sighed, as he wrapped his arm around her pulling her close.

“I don’t want to cause any problems by coming with you,” he said.

“You’re not,” she reassured. “I promise.”

He leaned down and kissed her lips lightly. She smiled as she wrapped her arm around his waist holding him closer. He was about to deepen the kiss when Tara’s phone went off in her pocket.

She groaned and broke the kiss taking the phone out of her pocket and looking at the caller ID. It was Jackson.

“I gotta take it, it’s Jackson,” she said looking at him apologetically.

He nodded in understanding as he finished drying the dishes.

Tara flipped her phone open, “Hey Jackson what’s up?” she said.

“Tara, are you on your way?” Jackson replied.

“On my way?” Tara questioned. “Oh shoot, was that today?”

“Yes ma’am it was,” he replied. “We’re at the high school get here as soon as possible.”

Before she could reply he hung up. She sighed as she hung up the phone and turned to Justin who was putting the last of the dishes away.

“What happened?” he asked.

“I have to learn how to ride a horse,” she said pouting.

Justin chuckled as he put the wet dishtowel up, hanging it so it would dry.

“They’re doing a lesson right now at the high school and I forgot I had to go today,” she pouted.

He smiled. “It’s all right, I can take you to the house so you can get your car,” he said.

“Will you come with me?” she asked.

“Am I allowed to go with you?” he asked.

“Of course,” she said smiling.

He chuckled. “Alright, let’s go say bye to my folks,” he said.

He took Tara’s hand and they made their way into the living room where Lynn and Paul were sitting.

“Mom, we gotta go,” Justin said.

“What?” Lynn replied. “How come?”

“Tara has a riding lesson for the movie,” Justin replied.

“I’m so sorry Lynn, it totally slipped my mind,” Tara said.

They got up to give the couple a hug.

“We’ll get together again soon,” Tara said as she hugged Lynn. “Maybe after we come back from New York?”

“Sounds good honey,” Lynn said with a smile. “Be careful out there okay?”

“I will, thank you” Tara said.

Justin led her outside, and she got into his truck. They headed down to the high school.

-*-

They reached the high school and it was busy with people running around. There were camera people working on a scene that didn’t involve the main actors. They traveled through the school in his truck to where there was another group of people gathered around.

There were horse trailers, trainers, and people standing around as Justin parked his car next to a few others and they got out.

“You just want me to wait here?” Justin asked.

“No, come on,” Tara said taking his hand. “It’ll be fine.”

They walked toward the group of people. Renee was talking to one of the stunt guys when she turned and saw Tara and Justin heading toward her. She waved and excused herself before running toward them.

“I forgot to remind you,” she said as she hugged Tara tightly.

“It’s all right,” Tara replied. “Is Jackson upset?”

Renee shook her head. “He’s fine, you’re here now so that’s all that matters,” she said.

“Who’s here?” Tara asked.

“Oh everyone,” Renee said. “Kyle and Connie, Tyler just arrived too.”

“Tara!” someone called her name.

Tara looked at the group of people and rolled her eyes when she saw Jackson waving her over. She turned to Justin and stood on her tip toes to kiss his cheek.

“I’ll be back,” she said.

He nodded and let her hand go. She rushed over to where Jackson was who was talking to some people.

“I’m sorry,” she pouted. “I forgot.”

“Too much time with that boy huh?” Jackson said jokingly.

Tara nudged his arm. “So, what am I doin’?” she asked.

Jackson then turned to the guy who was standing to his right.

“Tara this is Peter,” Jackson said. “He’s gonna teach you the ropes.”

Tara held her hand out to him, “Nice to meet you Peter,” she said.

He shook her hand. “Likewise, are you ready?” he asked.

She nodded. They headed over to where there were a couple of horses tied up and he began to teach her a few things about the horses and riding them.

They spent about 45 minutes going over everything before she was actually put onto a horse. She did a few practice circles, the trainer walking the horse with a rope.

“Okay,” Peter said. “I’m gonna let go now.”

“Okay,” Tara said nervously.

“You’ll be fine Tara,” Peter said. “Don’t freak out because the horse can sense it.”

Peter let go of the horse and it began to journey around the small enclosed area.

“You go girl!” Renee yelled from across the field.

Tara looked over at her and smiled waving quickly before putting her hand back onto the strap of the saddle. Andrew had shown up after taking care of something for his mom and was now standing next to Justin. They were talking a little as they watched Tara learn how to ride a horse.

Tara walked around the property for a while with her horse, getting used to the feeling and began feeling more confident about the whole thing. It was Renee’s turn, so Tara got off the horse with the help of Peter and made her way over to where Justin and Andrew were standing.

“How you feelin’?” Andrew asked watching her make her way toward them.

“A little off,” Tara said as she reached them and stood next to Justin. “I still feel like I’m straddling the horse.”

Justin chuckled as he put his arm around her shoulders bringing her close to him.

“You’ll get used to it,” Andrew said laughing.

The three started talking as they watched Renee learn the ropes of riding a horse. Renee saw them watching her and she smiled and waved before motioning Andrew over. He made his way over to her, standing off to the side to watch her.

As Justin and Tara continued to talk, more of the cast was getting ready for their lesson. Kyle and Connie came over from talking with Jackson and spotted them talking.

“Hey girl, you looked like a natural out there,” Connie said giving Tara a high five.

Tara smiled. “Thanks Connie, it was kind of nerve-wracking,” she replied.

Justin removed his arm from around her before she gave both Kyle and Connie a hug.

“You did great,” Connie said with a smile patting her back.

“Thanks!” Tara said with a smile.

She then noticed both Connie and Kyle look at Justin curiously.

“Oh!” she said quickly, bringing Justin closer to her. “Connie, Kyle this is Justin, Justin this is Connie and Kyle. They play my parents in the movie.”

Connie was the first to stick her hand out and shake his hand.

“Nice to meet you Justin,” she said.

“You too,” Justin replied as he shook her hand.

“Come here a minute,” Kyle replied as motioned Justin toward him.

“Kyle!” Tara whined as she saw them walk away.

He turned to them and winked before walking with Justin away from the two women. Tara watched them before turning to Connie.

“What is he doing?” Tara asked.

Connie smiled. “He’s just watching out for you,” she said. “He did the same thing when Renee brought Andrew around.”

Tara looked at the two men before turning toward Connie again.

“Don’t look so scared,” Connie commented with a giggle. “Justin’s a big boy, I’m sure he can handle it.”

She wrapped her arms around Tara’s shoulder, hugging her.

“So how did you guys meet?” Connie asked.

Tara looked at her and smiled as she began to tell her the story of the night they headed to the bar, and the next night of them being constantly pushed together by Renee.

Connie watched her as she talked about Justin and couldn’t help the smile that appeared on her lips.

“Oh girl you are falling hard aren’t you?” Connie asked.

Tara shrugged but her smile gave her away. Connie giggled and nudged her arm before turning toward Kyle.

“Kyle, we’re next,” Connie said as she watched them. “Leave the boy alone and c’mon.”

“Hey, we’re fine we’re just talkin’,” Kyle defended.

The two men made their way back over to where Connie and Tara were talking. Connie and Kyle said good-bye and took off toward the horses as Tara went and stood next to Justin, reaching for his hand and holding it tightly.

“You know he did the same thing to Andrew when Renee brought him to the set,” Tara said as she looked up at him.

Justin looked down and her and smiled. “He did?” he asked.

She nodded. “He just feels like he needs to protect us,” she explained. “That’s all.”

He chuckled as he looked down at her and leaned down to kiss the top of her head lightly. She smiled leaning into him closer, wrapping her arm around his waist.

They were enjoying each other’s company when all of a sudden they heard someone call Tara’s name from across the field. They both turned and saw Tyler making his way toward him.

“Great,” Justin mumbled, as he held onto Tara tightly.

Tara smirked at him. “Be nice,” she said hugging him close.

She smiled at Tyler who made it over to them.

“What’s goin’ on Tyler?” Tara asked as he came and stood in front of them.

“Have you talked to Markus?” Tyler asked.

“Not since this morning,” Tara said. “Why? What’s up?”

“He thought it would be a good idea if I headed down to New York with you this weekend for the press stuff,” he said with a smile.

Tara felt Justin’s grip on her waist tighten as she looked at Tyler trying to hide the shocked expression from her face.

“Really?” Tara asked.

He nodded. “It should be fun right?” he asked. “I heard you were comin’ too dude,” he said looking at Justin with a smile. “It should be a good time.”

Justin nodded. “Yeah, it should be,” he replied.

Tyler turned to Tara once more. “Well I should get started on this horse riding stuff, I’ll see you around okay?” he asked.

Tara nodded and gave him a small smile. He walked away and Tara turned and looked up at Justin, she was very irritated.

“This is so stupid,” she commented as she reached for her cell phone ready to make an angry phone call.

Justin reached over and took her phone from her. “No, no, no” he said taking her phone and putting it behind him. “You’re gonna say something you don’t mean.”

“Oh believe me, I mean everything I’m about to say,” she said as she reached behind him to grab her phone.

He moved quickly, escaping from her grip as he tried to keep the phone from her.

“Justin,” she said starting to pout.

He smiled as he watched her. “You want me to go right?” he asked.

She nodded. “Of course I do,” she said.

“Then calm down,” he said looking at her seriously. “It’s gonna be fine.”

She pouted again before she leaned against him, wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face into his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of her head once more hugging her close to him as he rubbed her back softly.

Sometimes he knew just what to say to calm her down and make everything seem like it was okay.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story