Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, well... I'm having a bit of writer's block. I had this chapter saved for such occasions. Also, the computer I use has died! So I'm using my mom's laptop when she lets me. :( So, I decided before I headed out on vacation to let you guys see a chapter. I'm sorry it took forever, but I hope you enjoy this chapter. I have been writing other stuff though. I completed a Robert Pattinson short (which hasn't been posted yet) and am working on a chapter story featuring Robert Pattinson as well. Let me know if you'd like to read those. Anyway, this has gone on long enough, please let me know what you think and THANK YOU for continuing to read and review! :)
Chapter 18:

The rest of the week went by quickly and pretty soon it was 7 o’clock Friday morning. Tara, Justin, Hannah and Tyler were all sitting on a private plane heading to New York.

Tara and Justin were sitting in a pair of recliner chairs on one side of the plane. Tara was snuggled under a blanket, her head leaning on Justin’s shoulder as he had his arm around her holding her close.

Hannah was on the other side of the plane in a recliner as well, under a blanket and trying to get some sleep. Tyler on the other hand was near the front, talking and flirting with the flight attendants.

“How was Randy when you said goodbye to him last night?” Tara asked as she yawned.

Justin looked down at her, and leaned forward to kiss her forehead lightly, before leaning his cheek against it.

“He was okay,” he responded. “He just wants me to get him something.” He chuckled.

She giggled. “We can do that,” she said. “I’m glad you’re coming.”

She looked up at him and smiled. He looked down at her and leaned forward to press his lips to hers lightly.

“I’m glad I’m coming too,” he said.

She smiled sleepily and leaned her head back onto his shoulder, snuggling close to him.

He chuckled as he rubbed her arm lightly, “Why don’t you get some sleep,” he said.

“Hmm, don’t want too,” she said yawning again.

“You’ve got a busy day ahead of you baby,” he said. “You should try and sleep a little.”

She didn’t respond for a few seconds so Justin looked down at her, and she was fast asleep leaning against him. He smiled to himself as he adjusted her so she was more comfortable and he leaned back into his chair closing his eyes trying to get some sleep too.

After a few hours, they were landing at the airport. About half way through the flight everyone had woken up and had eaten a little snack. They stuck in an old movie and watched it on the big screen, keeping themselves entertained until the flight landed at the Kennedy airport.

After they landed, they all grabbed their carry-on luggage and made their way off the plane. Tara and Justin were holding hands as they walked down the terminal. They were following Hannah and Tyler who were in turn following some security guys.

“Just so you know, when I walk out of here it’s gonna be crazy,” Tara said to him. “I want you to follow Hannah and jump into the awaiting car,” she explained. “All of our stuff is gonna make its way to the hotel okay?”

Justin looked at her nervously.

Tara smiled and squeezed his hand. “It’s gonna be fine,” she said. “Tyler and I are going to sign a few autographs then we’ll jump into the car okay?”

He nodded not quite sure what to say. They made their way out of the terminal and quickly walked through the airport toward the exit. Once they neared the exit, Tara squeezed Justin’s hand before letting it go and making her way out of the doors with Tyler.

As soon as the doors opened there were screams like Justin had never heard before. It was like one of the high school basketball games he had coached; more like one of his championship games. He almost lost his concentration looking around at all the girls screaming and cheering for Tara and Tyler.

Hannah grabbed onto his hand, breaking him away from his trance, and she pulled him toward the opening door of the black SUV. Justin was looking out of the tinted black windows as the girls crowded around Tara and Tyler shoving papers and pens in their faces for an autograph.

They spent about 15 minutes out there before the guards pulled them away and got them safely into the SUV. Once the door was closed, the SUV took off, heading down the exit ramp of the airport.

Tara had climbed into the back seat next to Justin.

She giggled when she saw his face. “You look traumatized,” she said.

“How do you do that and not freak out?” He asked stunned.

Tara shrugged. “I’ve been doing it too long,” she said simply.

“Didn’t like that huh Justin?” Tyler asked from his seat next to Hannah.

Justin looked at him, then back at Tara who was smacking Tyler in the back of the head.

“Leave him alone,” Tara said. “You almost cried the first time it happened to you remember?”

Tyler turned and glared at her.

Tara laughed. “That’s what I thought,” she stuck her tongue out at him.

“You guys are so mature,” Hannah commented.

Tara stuck her tongue out at Hannah too before turning to look out the window.

“We have nothing planned today right?” Tyler asked.

“Nope,” Hannah said. “Go have fun, but remember you have an MTV thing early tomorrow morning.”

Tara and Tyler both groaned, which made Hannah giggle.

“What are you guys doing tonight?” Tyler asked.

“We’re having dinner with my family,” Tara said. “Then we might head to a club with my sister.”

“Lexi?” Tyler asked.

Tara nodded. “What about you?” she asked.

“I don’t know a few buddies and I just wanted to catch a baseball game or something,” he replied. “Matt’s agent scored him box seats.”

Tara nodded. “Sounds like fun,” she said.

“Let me know if your night’s a bust I’m sure I can get you guys in,” Tyler replied.

“Will do,” Tara said.

She turned and noticed Justin was looking out the window at the passing city. She reached for his hand and squeezed it tightly, causing him to look at her.

She smiled at him, “You ok?” she asked.

He nodded quickly and brought his hand to her lips kissing it lightly. They continued to look out the window at the scenery before Justin squeezed Tara’s hand once more to get her attention.

“Are we not gonna see your place?” he asked.

Tara shook her head. “It’s easier for them to pick me up at the hotel,” she said. “I’ll show it to you if you’d like.”

Justin shrugged. They spent about a half hour on the highway before getting off and headed into the busy streets of New York City.

They were going to drive around to the back of the Hilton New York Hotel on 6th Avenue to drop of Tara, Justin and Tyler while Hannah was going to go around front to check them all in.

The SUV pulled up the service entrance and the three of them got out pulling their carry-on luggage with them. They walked through the backdoor and Teddy was standing there waiting for them.

“Teddy!” Tara cried rushing toward him.

“Hey honey,” he said laughing as he hugged her tight.

“How are you?” She asked. “How’s you wife?”

He smiled. “Everything’s good,” he said. “Pauline is fine. She’s pregnant.”

“Oh wow congratulations!” Tara said. “Where is she registered? I’ll have to get her something.”

He chuckled. “Oh you don’t have to do that,” he said with a smile.

“Oh I owe her for letting you watch over me all these years,” she said.

He laughed. Tyler and Justin made their way toward them.

“Hey Teddy, long time no see,” he said.

He walked over to Teddy to give him a handshake.

“Yeah, well this one said she’d be safe without me,” Teddy laughed.

Tara smiled and went back to stand with Justin, who was watching them.

“I’ve been fine,” she pouted.

They all laughed.

“Teddy you remember Justin right?” Tara asked.

Teddy looked at Justin before sticking out his hand.

“Of course, how are you Justin?” Teddy asked.

“I’m doing well,” Justin replied. “Congratulations on being a father it’s a great thing.”

“Thank you,” Teddy said with a grin.

Justin went to stand back with Tara, grabbing a hold of both of their carry-on luggage.

“Okay, we should head up to the rooms,” Teddy said gesturing everyone to walk through the hallway toward the employee elevator.

Tyler was walking with him while Tara and Justin trailed behind them holding hands.

“Are you guys heading out tonight?” Teddy asked as they waited for the elevator.

“Justin and I are meeting my family for dinner,” Tara replied. “Then hitting a club with Lexi.”

“Which one?” Teddy asked.

“We don’t know yet,” she said. “Don’t worry we’ll let you know.”

Teddy chuckled. “And you?” he asked Tyler.

“Maybe a baseball game,” Tyler said.

The elevator reached them and they piled inside. When the doors opened on the tenth floor, Hannah was waiting there with her carryon and purse.

“Okay,” she said handing Tyler, Teddy and Tara a keycard envelope.

“We are all next to each other down there,” she said pointing down the end of the hall.

Tara opened her envelope handing Justin one of the keycards with a smile.

“Please let Teddy and I know if you plan on leaving,” she finished looking at them seriously.

They all nodded, saying bye to each other before heading to their rooms. Tara and Justin’s room was at the far end of the hall. Once they got inside Tara let out a sigh. Their luggage was already in the room, lined up by the windows.

They dropped their carryon luggage by the front door. Tara put her purse and keycard down on the small desk and sighed as she walked toward the king-size bed. She lay back onto the bed with a sigh.

Justin chuckled and walked over climbing onto the bed next to her. She smiled and turned and snuggled closer to him.

“What time are we heading out tonight?” he asked.

“Mmm, probably around 5 o’clock” she replied.

She moved herself and climbed on top of him, straddling his waist and looked down at him, smiling. He opened his eyes and saw her sitting above him and he moved his hands to her waist holding onto her. She smiled and leaned down pressing her lips to his lightly.

Justin moved one hand to her cheek pulling her closer to him as they kiss deepened. Tara reached one hand out tangling it into his hair resting against him. As one of Justin’s hand held her face in place, the other moved up her back lightly.

As their kissing continued, Tara broke the kiss with a squeal and a giggle and sat up. Justin looked up at her in confusion.

“Your pocket is vibrating!” she laughed.

Justin felt his phone vibrating against his thigh in his front pocket and chuckled. Tara moved down his legs and he reached into his pocket for his phone and looked at the caller ID.

“Randy,” he sighed.

Tara nodded giving him the okay to answer it. He flipped open the phone.

“Hey buddy,” he said.

Tara got off of him and walked over to there the room service menu was sitting. She climbed back onto the bed and looked through it as Justin sat up against the headboard talking to Randy.

After a few minutes, she reached for the hotel phone and ordered them some lunch. Since Justin was still talking on the phone, she went into the bathroom to take a shower.

About 20 minutes later she stepped out of the bathroom in one of the fluffy, white hotel robes. She was drying her hair with another towel and walked over to her suitcase picking it up and setting it down on the bed to look through.

As she sat it down on the bed Justin had just finished his phone call.

“Everything okay?” she asked as she took out a dress for tonight so she could hang it up.

Justin nodded. “Yeah, Susan let him play some basketball today,” he replied. “I wish I could have seen that” he mumbled.

Tara watched him as she hung up her dress and walked back over toward him.

“Did he like it?” she asked.

“He said he did,” he replied.

“Well, I’m sure he’ll keep playing,” she reassured.

He nodded and put the phone down on the bedside table.

“My phone is off,” he said. “No more calls.”

Tara smiled and walked over to him. She faced him as he sat at the edge of the bed. His arms wrapped around her waist and she leaned down to kiss him.

Justin reached up to hold her neck lightly bringing her deeper into the kiss. She rested her hands on his shoulders moving closer to him. As she was about to straddle his lap there was a knock on the door.

“Room service!” someone called.

“Is this really happening right now?” Tara sighed as she broke away from him and walked to the door.

Justin sighed and lay back on the bed. Tara opened the door and the room service guy brought in a tray of food. She thanked him with a generous tip and closed the door. They sat on the bed and ate some snacks watching a little TV and relaxing before they started getting ready for their dinner.

-*-

Tara was finishing up her make up in the small hotel mirror as Justin finished getting dressed in the bathroom. She was in a black, low-cut halter dress that ended at her knees.
It was form fitting on the top but flew down from her waist. She also had on a pair of black heels. Her hair was flowing down her back, wavy and smooth.

“Justin!” she called with a laugh. “Are you almost done?”

She knew he was nervous even though she assured him it would be fine

“How dressy is this place?” he called back.

She sighed. “Just come out,” she said. “Let me see.”

The door opened and Justin walked out. He was dressed in black dress slacks and a white long sleeve button up shirt. He had a skinny black tie hanging around his neck. Tara smiled when she saw him and made her way toward him.

“What’s wrong with it?” she asked. “You look great.”

He pouted.

Tara smiled and reached up to kiss his cheek. “I got you something,” she said and made her way toward the closet.

He watched her as she made her way back toward him with a large, white rectangle box, with a red bow tied on top. She handed it to him with a smile.

“What did you get me?” he asked.

She laughed. “Just open it,” she said as she went back to the mirror to finish her makeup.

Justin looked at the box before putting it down on the bed and opened it. He lifted the lid and moved the tissue out of the way to reveal a black blazer. Before Tara looked at him he looked at the tag before taking it out of the box. He read that it was Armani, and couldn’t help the sigh that slipped from his lips. He knew how much a jacket like this cost, and he didn’t want Tara spending that kind of money on him.

“Tar,” he started taking the jacket out of the box.

Tara turned to him with a smile. “Do you like it?” she asked.

She made her way toward him taking the jacket and opening it up so he could slip his arms into it. He did so and she smiled as she rubbed his shoulders taking off the fuzz and turning him around.

“It looks great on you, like I thought it would,” she said.

“This is too much,” he said looking at her. “I can’t accept this.”

“Of course you can,” she said as she adjusted his collar.

Before he could answer she leaned in and kissed his lips lightly then pulled back.

“C’mon, put your shoes on we got to go,” she said before turning back to the mirror to finish her makeup.

As she was putting on a black, pea coat there was a knock on the door. She answered it and Teddy was standing there, dressed in his signature black suit and sunglasses.

“Hey Teddy, we’re almost done,” she said as she held the door open for him to make his way into the room.

He walked in and waited by the door. Justin came walking out of the bathroom dressed fully with his blazer and dress shoes.

“Hey, you’re lookin’ sharp there Justin,” Teddy complimented.

Justin smiled. “Thanks,” he said.

Tara came out behind him. “I told you, you looked good,” she said with a smile.

Teddy laughed. Pretty soon they were all ready to go. They slipped on their sunglasses and followed Teddy down to the lobby.

They made their way from the elevator through the lobby and into the SUV without any problems. Once they were all in, Tara and Justin in the back and Teddy in the passenger seat, they took off through the busy city toward the restaurant Basso.

Tara watched Justin throughout the car ride. He seemed fine in the beginning but as they got closer to the restaurant she noticed his leg started to bounce up and down. His hand started to mess with his hair and he kept moving around.

As they neared the restaurant, Tara reached over and rested her hand on his leg.

“Justin,” she said.

He quickly turned and looked at her. She reached for his hand, holding it in hers.

“You’re okay,” she reassured.

He half-smiled before looking back out the window.

“I should tell you,” she said. “There’s probably gonna be paparazzi there.”

Justin looked at her again.

“Do you want to get dropped off around back and meet me at the table?” she asked.

Justin thought about it before looking at their intertwined hands.

“I’ll go in with you,” he said.

Tara smiled. “Are you sure?” she asked.

He nodded before bringing her hand to his lips and kissing it lightly. She smiled and moved closer to him snuggling into his side. He chuckled as he leaned down and kissed her forehead.

As the SUV turned the cars were stopped. There was a slow line of cars that led up to the entrance of the restaurant. People stepped out of the cars and flashes instantly went off as they made their way to the entrance. The car slowly made its way up to the entrance.

“Okay, are we ready?” Teddy asked turning to look at them.

“Yeah,” she said after Justin nodded.

Teddy got out first and walked around to the back door. Justin got out first and then held his hand out for Tara. Justin thought the screaming at the airport was loud, but it was nothing compared to the shouting of the paparazzi and the flashing of the lights.

Tara smiled as she locked arms with him and Teddy led the way toward the entrance of the restaurant. Once they stepped inside, everything was much quieter.

The hostess came up to them and took Tara’s jacket before leading them into the back room.

“That wasn’t so bad was it?” Tara said as she looked up at him.

He shrugged. Tara smiled and gripped his hand tightly. As soon as they walked into the room, Tara spotted her family and let go of Justin’s hand rushing toward them.

A middle-aged woman stood up as Tara rushed over to her. She had the same kind of hair as Tara, but it was shorter and wavy framing her face.

“Tar Bear,” she said with a smile as she reached her.

“Hi mom,” Tara replied as she hugged the women tightly.

“You look fantastic!” he mother responded. “That country air is doing you good.”

“I don’t know if it’s the country air,” a girl mumbled from the table.

Justin looked at her. She looked exactly like Tara, but her eyes were blue and her long brown hair was straightened, with a tint of red mixed it.

“Oh hush Lexi,” her mom replied shooing her.

Lexi giggled. Tara broke away from her mom and reached for Justin’s hand bringing him close to her.

“Mom, this is Justin,” Tara said. “Justin, this is my mom Barbara.”

“Oh please call me Barb,” she replied reaching out to shake Justin’s hand, “nice to finally meet you Justin.”

“Likewise,” he replied with a smile.

The other two people rose from the table after Justin and Barbara shook hands and Tara went over to hug them both. She then introduced them to him; it was her father Chris and her sister Lexi.

After they all were introduced to Justin, they sat down around the small round table. Chris ordered a bottle of wine for the table and they poured over their menus since they were starving.

After they all ordered, they munched on an appetizer and drank some wine and chatted.

“So Justin,” Chris started. “Tara says you’re a high school basketball coach?”

Justin nodded. “Yes sir,” he replied. “I was just promoted to Varsity this past year.”

“Did you play when you were in high school?” Chris asked.

“Yes I did,” Justin replied. “Unfortunately, I blew my knee out my senior year of high school.”

“That’s too bad,” Chris replied. “Injuries do ruin a lot don’t they?”

“My dad played pro-football for a while after college,” Tara replied, “but got injured too.”

“We put our bodies through a lot and don’t realize the affect it has on us until later,” Chris replied.

“So you have a little boy Justin?” Barbara asked. “How old is he?”

“He’s five,” Justin said turning to look at Barbara.

“Is he into sports too?” she asked.

Justin nodded. “He actually just got to play some basketball today,” he replied.

“Is he staying with your parents?” she asked.

“No, my ex-wife is watching him,” he replied as he took a drink of his wine.

“Do you two get along?” Lexi asked.

Tara coughed and kicked Lexi under the table giving her a death stare. Lexi’s eyes got big as she turned and looked at her sister before turning her attention back to Justin.

Justin took another drink of his wine before answering.

“We get along fine,” he replied. “We pretty much grew up together.”

“High school sweethearts?” Barbara asked.

Justin nodded.

She smiled. “That’s so sweet,” she replied. “Chris and I were high school sweethearts.”

“We sure were,” Christ said reaching over to hold onto Barbara’s hand.

Justin smiled at them. Their conversation continued on as the food arrived and everyone ate. They asked Justin all about his life back home, his family and friends, and anything in between.

Tara sat back and watched them converse with him and couldn’t help but smile. He was fitting right in as she hoped he would. Two bottles of wine later, their meals successfully eaten, and the bill had been paid and the five of them got up to leave.

Barbara went right up to Justin and hugged him tightly.

“It was lovely to meet you Justin,” she said kissing his cheek.

Justin smiled. “It was nice to meet you too Barb,” he replied remembering to call her Barb and not ma’am like had been all night.

She smiled and patted his cheek. “I hope you enjoy your weekend in New York,” she said. “Don’t be a stranger either; we’d love to have you for dinner at the house.”

Justin nodded. “I will keep that in mind,” he said with a smile.

She smiled and stepped out of the way. Chris made his way toward him with his hand out and Justin shook it sternly.

“Thank you Chris for dinner,” Justin said.

“Of course my boy,” Chris replied. “You just keep my girl happy and we’ll call it even.”

Justin chuckled and nodded.

Chris helped Barbara with her coat, and they gave Tara one more hug and kiss goodbye before leaving the restaurant.

“Now the real fun is about to begin,” Lexi said with a smile as she stood next to Tara.



Hotel: http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hilton-new-york.html?sid=c0539395b00200ced324e5779cad041f
Tara’s Dress: http://www.cxlondon.com/images/items/549.jpg
Justin’s Jacket: http://www.armaniexchange.com/product/mens/jackets/herringbone+blazer.do?asc=&sortby=&size=&imageName=1501.10047.4303.421&sizeName
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com

BTW - It's been a year since I posted this story :) Wow!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story