Author's Chapter Notes:
Such a long time coming, I know. I'm sorry :( There isn't much of an excuse this time either except that I've had writers block and school has started and I'm just BUSY. But here is chapter 19, the 2nd part to Tara and Justin's night in New York. Thank you to all of you who are still reading and reviewing. I will TRY not to have such a long break before updates again, but can't make any promises. Oh, also voting as begun for the NsyncFiction.net Awards so head over there and vote. This story is nominated for: Intriguing Work In Progress. Anyway I should let you all read now. Hope you enjoy :)
Chapter 19:

Because Lexi drove to the restaurant with her parents, she ended up driving with Tara and Justin to the club.

They all got their jackets and headed back out into the paparazzi filled entrance and got into the awaiting SUV, Teddy following behind them. He had been at his own table eating dinner while Tara and Justin ate with her family.

They all got situated into the SUV and the driver headed toward the club.

“So Justin,” Lexi started as she turned toward them. “Now that my parents are gone, it’s time for the real questions.”

Tara looked at her, giving her a death glare.

“Lexi, can you please not do this now,” Tara replied.

She reached for Justin’s hand, and held it tightly in her own as it rested on her lap.

“Oh c’mon, he doesn’t mind.” Lexi said.

Tara sighed.

“It’s just a few questions; I’m trying to help you out.” Lexi argued.

Tara rolled her eyes then turned to Justin. “You don’t have to answer any of these questions.” She said to him.

Lexi rolled her eyes in return, “You’re such a baby, we’re just having fun.” she said.

Justin squeezed her hand, reassuring that he could handle it. She leaned her head on his shoulder as she looked out the window at the passing scenery.

“What do you want to know Lexi?” Justin asked.

Lexi smiled. “See, he’s fine with it.” she replied.

She went off on in random question mode, asking him questions mostly about his relationship with Susan and things of that nature. Tara couldn’t help but roll her eyes at the questions she was asking.

They reached the club soon after and it was packed outside. That meant that the inside was just as packed. They pulled up to the entrance and Tara got out first, followed by Justin and Lexi. Teddy got out of course and walked with them toward the entrance.

“Hey Tino, what’s going on?” Teddy said to the big Hispanic bouncer who was standing at the entrance behind some velvet ropes.

“Teddy!” Tino said with a smile. “Haven’t seen you in a while, how have you been?”

“Great,” Teddy replied. “Yourself?”

“Oh can’t complain.” Tino replied.

Teddy gestured to the three people behind him.

“Tara’s here to have a good time with her sister and friend.” Teddy said.

Tino looked behind him and noticed Tara right away and moved out of the way, opening up the blocked entrance.

“Of course ladies and gentlemen,” he gestured to Teddy and Justin. “Have a good night guys.”

Tara smiled her thanks before taking Justin’s hand, and walking into the club. Lexi followed them as did Teddy.

“I’m gonna be in the VIP area.” Teddy said pointing out the roped off area in the back of the club to Tara.

Tara gave her thumbs up to him and smiled. “Thanks Teddy!” she said.

He nodded and left the group.

“I’ll go get drinks,” Justin volunteered. “What would you guys like?”

Lexi smiled. “I’ll take a rum and coke.” she said.

Tara nodded. “Me too,” she said. “You want me to go with you?”

He shook his head. “I’ll be fine you stay.” he said.

She smiled and leaned in to kiss his cheek. “Thanks!” she said.

He nodded and made his way toward the bar. Lexi turned to Tara and smiled at her as Tara watched Justin walk away.

“Oh you are definitely smitten with that one.” Lexi said with a giggle.

Tara looked at her sister, and then smiled. She couldn’t deny that.

“I need to pee.” Lexi said.

Tara laughed. “Let’s go,” she said. “We’ll met Justin at the bar afterwards.”

Lexi nodded. They headed off together to find the bathroom that was in the back of the club.

Tara was in one of the stalls while Lexi was at the sink, putting on some lip gloss when two girls walked in. They were dressed in short skirts and low tops, and giggling and walking all over each other. They probably had had one drink too many.

“Did you hear that that Tara girl is here tonight?” one of them asked.

“The one that’s in that new high school movie.” the other replied.

“Yeah!” she said. “She brought some cute, country boy with her.”

“Seriously??” the other replied.

“She got him all dressed up to show him off,” she said. “I bet she heard Roger was here tonight.”

“Is he??” the other asked her eyes big.

“Yeah!” she said. “I got a chance to dance with him, and he gave me his number.”

Lexi couldn’t help the giggle that escaped her lips. The two girls looked at her with disgust before finishing their conversation and leaving the bathroom after they touched up their makeup.

Tara flushed the toilet and came out of the stall, looking at Lexi through the mirror.

“Is he here??” Tara asked, trying not to panic.

“I guess,” Lexi said turning to her sister. “Everything is gonna be fine.”

“But what-“ Tara started.

Lexi shook her head. “No,” she said. “It’s fine, we’re here to dance and have a good time. Forget what those girls said. They aren’t anything but used up trash.”

Tara sighed. She went to the sink and washed her hands before fixing her lip gloss. She turned to Lexi who had been watching her.

“Let’s go find Justin, I bet he’s looking for us,” she said.

Lexi nodded. They walked out of the bathroom and headed toward the bar. Justin was just paying the bartender when they turned up and he smiled when he saw them.

“Hey.” he said as he handed them each their drink.

“Thanks.” Lexi said with a smile.

He nodded. They toasted each other, hitting their glasses together and took a drink. They pulled up some seats at the bar and continued to talk and drink their beverages. They were laughing and having a good time when a gentleman came over and asked Lexi to dance. She smiled and accepted making her way onto the dance floor with him.

Tara had been watching her as she swayed her hips into the guys she was dancing with and Lexi looked at her, and waved her onto the dance floor.

“You wanna dance?” Tara asked leaning close to Justin’s side.

Justin looked at her, but before he could answer she spoke up again.

“C’mon, remember you danced with Renee that one time,” she said teasing him. “I know you can dance.”

He looked at the excitement in her eyes, and he laughed leaning forward to kiss her forehead before taking her hands into his.

“Okay,” he said. “C’mon.”

“Yay!” Tara said as she got up.

They headed onto the dance floor, and Justin wrapped his arms around Tara’s waist as they began to dance to the loud beat of the music.

They spent a good amount of time dancing before they decided to go take a break. Tara gestured toward the VIP lounge to Lexi before grabbing Justin’s hand and heading that way.

They walked into the VIP lounge and found some couches in the corner. Teddy was talking to a group of guys, but watched Tara and Justin as they walked in and sat down.

Justin sat down on the two-seater couch, before pulling Tara down next to him.

“Are you having fun?” Tara asked as she held onto his hand tightly.

“Yeah,” he nodded. “It’s definitely much more crowded then back home.” He commented.

Tara nodded. They talked a little more before Tara decided she wanted another drink. She headed over to the private bar while Justin headed to the restroom.

She was waiting at the bar for her and Justin’s drink when someone tapped her shoulder. She turned, her breath catching in her throat.

“Roger,” she choked out.

He looked at her, sizing her up. His eyes traveled up her legs to her eyes.

“Hey Tar baby,” he grinned.

Tara looked at him. He looked exactly the same. He had shaggy black hair, with bangs that covered his dark eyes. He had spiked plugs in his ears, with a black leather bracelet around his wrist with spikes on it.

“Hi…” Tara said, not quite knowing what to say.

“Are you back already?” he asked. “I thought you were filming that movie in Tennessee.”

“Umm, just up for the weekend.” she responded.

“Well, you look fantastic.” he said taking in her figure again.

She smiled, but was trying her hardest not to smack the smug look off his face. She tried to ignore him as she turned back to the bar and waited for their drinks.

“So, what are you up to tonight?” Roger asked.

She turned and looked at him again.

“Are we really doing this?” she asked him.

He grinned. “Aww, c’mon, you’re not still mad at me are you?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes. “Roger, just go,” she said. “There are plenty of girls here tonight that will keep you company.”

“Ooo, are we jealous?” Roger asked moving closer to Tara, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

“Roger, please stop!” Tara said moving herself out of his arms.

“What are you gonna do?” he asked. “Stick your sister on me?”

Tara said nothing, hoping if she ignored him long enough he would get bored and leave.

“Where’s Hannah?” he asked. “She’s usually glued to your side.”

“Roger, please!” Tara screamed.

Before Roger could answer back, Tara felt a hand wrap around her waist on her other side. She turned and Justin had himself close to her.

“Is everything okay?” Justin asked.

Roger took a step back and looked at Justin up and down sizing him up.

“Who the hell are you?” Roger asked with a laugh.

Tara looked at Roger. “Roger, this is Justin, my boyfriend.” She said watching him closely.

Roger let out a loud laugh. “Boyfriend?” he asked. “Seriously?”

Justin looked at him then back at Tara, she looked at him apologetically.

“Roger was just leaving,” Tara said looking at Roger.

“Oh yeah, right,” Roger chuckled. “Nice jacket by the way, Tara pick that out?”

Neither Tara nor Justin said a word as Roger continued to chuckle to himself.

“That’s how it happens,” Roger started. “She’ll try and dress you, then change your eating habits, who you hang out with, even the music you listen too.”

“Roger, please go away,” Tara said pushing his shoulder.

“Defensive much?” Roger asked.

Justin finally spoke up.

“Roger is this really how you want people to see you?” he asked. “Badgering Tara?”

Roger looked at him, stunned.

“Why don’t you take this,” he said handing him a beer that the bartender had put on the bar next to Tara’s drink. “Go back to your groupies and enjoy the rest of your night.”

Roger was about to say something but Justin spoke up first.

“Just take it Roger,” Justin said.

As if on cue, Teddy came walking over to the group.

“Everything okay?” He asked, giving Roger a death stare.

Roger looked from Justin to Teddy, then at Tara before grabbing the beer with a huff and walked away. Teddy patted Tara’s shoulder before heading back over to where he was before Roger decided to cause trouble.

Justin turned to Tara. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“You didn’t have to.” she started.

He hugged her close, before leaning down to kiss her head.

“It’s fine,” he said. “Are you okay?” he asked again.

She nodded but still seemed like she was in shock. She wrapped her arms around him burying her face in his neck.

“Thank you.” she whispered kissing his neck lightly.

“You’re welcome.” he said.

He got another drink before they headed back to the couch they were sitting at before and talked a while. Lexi found them a few minutes later, and Tara had told her about what had happened. Justin calmed her down enough so that she wouldn’t go over there and smack him.

They shared a few more drinks and laughs as Tara and Lexi talked about their childhood with Justin. They decided to call it a night and got Teddy before heading back outside.

It took them a while to get the SUV because the paparazzi were crowding the entrance and it was hard for anyone to get out or in. But Teddy got them through safely and into the SUV and they headed off to drop Lexi off at her penthouse apartment.

Lexi had talked their ears off about the guy she had met at the club and her future plans with him. Once they reached her place they all got out, Tara and Justin hugged and kissed her goodbye after promising to see both of them again soon.

Tara and Justin made it back to the hotel safely and got into their room with no problems. Teddy wished them goodnight before going to his own room. Justin had gone out onto the balcony to check his cell phone messages since he left it at the hotel all night and wanted to make sure Randy was okay.

When he came back Tara was in the bathroom, taking off her make up in the mirror in a daze. He walked to the entrance and leaned against the doorway watching her.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked.

She jumped slightly, before turning to look at him.

“Huh?” she asked before answering. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Justin walked into the bathroom and stood behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him.

“Everything okay with Randy?” she asked, her voice cracked.

He nodded before leaning in to kiss the back of her neck lightly, his face burying into her hair. Tara sighed at his touch and leaned back against him.

Justin’s hand started to rub her sides lightly, tightening his arms around her waist.

“I love this dress on you.” he commented.

She closed her eyes and let out a breathy sigh at his touch. His lips began to leave small kissed on her neck, moving down to her shoulder and collarbone.

Although Tara loved the attention, something was nagging at her.

“Are you upset with me?” she blurted out.

Justin stopped his movements. He looked at the mirror and saw Tara looking back at him. He could see liquid building up in her eyes, and he turned her quickly so she was facing him.

“Why would I be upset with you?” he asked.

Tara looked at his eyes for a minute, before looking down. Justin brought his hand to her face cupping her cheek and made her look at him.

“No, Tara I’m not upset with you,” he said firmly. “He just caught me off guard that’s all.”

“You don’t have to keep the jacket,” she said. “I can take it back.”

Justin didn’t respond so she kept talking.

“When I care about people, I buy them things,” she began to explain. “I have the money to get things people can’t always get for themselves; it’s just how I express my love for them.”

“It’s not about the jacket,” he said firmly.

“Then what?” Tara asked starting to tear up again. “Was it what Roger said?”

A tear leaked out of her eye and fell down her cheek. Justin reached up and wiped it away before leaning in to kiss her forehead. She sighed as she leaned against him and hugged him close. Justin wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. He moved them from the bathroom into the room and toward the bed.

“Let’s lie down and relax a little huh?” He asked.

She nodded before sitting down on the bed, moving toward the headboard. Justin kicked off his shoes and got into the bed as well. They both lay down on the bed; Justin behind her holding her close, as Tara snuggled into his embrace.

After a few minutes of silence, Tara spoke up again.

“You know I won’t force anything on you,” Tara said.

“Tar, stop,” Justin said firmly.

She turned quickly to face him and Justin moved his hands from her waist to her face again and held her face as he pressed his lips to hers lightly. Tara groaned into the kiss moving herself closer to him, wrapping her arms around his neck pulling him to her. Their kiss started out lightly at first, but deepened as Justin laid himself over Tara.

They broke the kiss panting looking at each other.

“I love you just the way you are,” Justin whispered. “Don’t let anyone make you change.”

Tara leaned up and pressed her lips firmly against Justin’s once more. It was safe to say that Roger was not on their mind the rest of the night.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story