Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry, sorry SORRY!! I know, I know. There is no excuse. Thank you for continuing to read even though you might have to read the chapter before to remember what's going on. This one is long though to make up for it :) I hope you're still enjoying it. Sorry about the wait. It's my birthday in a day so I thought I'd post it now. Happy Birthday to me :) Let me know what you think :)
Chapter 20

Justin woke up hearing the constant sound of passing cars and horns going off on the street below outside the hotel room window. He wasn’t used to all the noise and it had woken him up out of a sound sleep.

He was about to lift himself up to look around the room when he felt pressure on his chest. Remembering where he was, he looked down and saw Tara resting against his chest. She had her left arm wrapped around his waist, hugging him tightly as her head rested on his chest.

He sighed and lay back against the pillows, his hand moving up and down her back softly. He looked up at the ceiling as he continued to listen to the busy street below him.

He thought about what had happened last night at the club; the things that Roger had said. He thought maybe he didn’t know Tara as well as he thought he did. She couldn’t really be that way could she? He was sure Roger was just saying those things because he was jealous that she had moved on. But how could he be sure?

Thinking about all these things worked his brain into overdrive, and he eventually fell back asleep. He was snapped out of his sleep once again by a persistent beeping noise coming from the bedside table closest to Tara. He heard her grown and rolled away from him as she reached for the alarm clock and pressed the snooze button.

She snuggled back closer to Justin, hugging him tightly.

“Time to get up?” Justin asked his eyes still closed.

“Mmmm,” she mumbled. “Five minutes.”

He chuckled and rubbed her back lightly as he tried to stay awake this time.

“Did you sleep okay?” she asked. “You kept moving around last night.”

He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. “The traffic was keeping me awake,” he said.

She giggled. “It takes some getting used too,” she mumbled.

After a moment of silence Justin spoke up. “So, what are you doing today?” Justin asked.

“Mmm, I have the TRL thing and a radio spot afterwards,” she replied.

“That’s it?” he asked surprised.

She laughed. “For the morning,” she said. “Then there’s a signing in the late afternoon.”

“You and Tyler?” he asked.

Tara turned and looked at him, sitting up. “Well, he’s in the movie with me,” she said.

There was silence for a while before Tara sighed and made a move to get out of the bed. She found Justin’s shirt from the night before lying on the end of the bed and reaching for it slipping it onto her body as she sat on the edge of the bed. Justin reached for her holding onto her waist and pulling her back into the bed.

“Wait, wait” he said.

Tara fell back against the bed but tried to get his hands loose from around her waist. Justin held onto her though, turning her so that she was facing him almost pulling her on top of him.

“Stop it,” she said. “I have to get ready.”

“I’m sorry,” Justin said watching her.

She sighed. “You knew what this weekend was about. I never lied to you about it.”

“You’re right,” he said. “I’m sorry.”

She sighed and leaned her forehead against his, and leaned in to press her lips against his lightly.

“Wanna take a shower with me?” she asked with a smile.

Justin smirked and leaned in to kiss her lips once again. They got up and raced to the bathroom.

-*-

About 45 minutes later, both Tara and Justin had showered and changed and left the hotel room and walked down the hall hand in hand. Everyone else had been waiting at the elevators for them, talking amongst themselves. Tyler was the first to spot them.

“Hey guys,” he said with a smile.

Tara smiled. “Morning,” she said.

Once they reached them, Hannah reached for the elevator button pressing the down arrow.

“How was the club?” Tyler asked.

“Good, we had fun,” Tara responded.

The elevator arrived and they all got in and made small talk as they walked through the lobby and into the waiting SUV. Surprisingly there hadn’t been a crowd in front of the hotel so they made it to the car with no problems. Justin and Tara took their usual seats in the back, while Hannah and Tyler sat in the middle seats and Teddy in the passenger seat. The started their drive through the busy streets of New York.

About an hour later, Tara and Justin were sitting in one of the green rooms of the MTV studio. Hannah had gone out in the hall to make a phone call, and Teddy was standing guard outside the door. Tyler was getting his make-up done and being prepped by the producers.

Tara and Justin were snuggled together on one of the couches.

“Do you want Hannah to take you around?” Tara asked turning to look up at Justin, resting her chin on his chest.

Justin remained quiet, and he looked down at her.

“Maybe find something for Randy?” she asked.

“I thought you wanted to help me,” he said.

“I do,” she replied, “but I don’t want you to be bored here waiting for me.”

He shrugged but didn’t reply. She pouted and reached up to kiss his lips lightly. Justin held her close to him as he kissed her back. They broke the kiss and looked at each other.

“Why don’t we have dinner at my place tonight,” she suggested.

Justin looked at her questioningly and that caused Tara to laugh. “I told you I had an apartment didn’t I?” she asked.

“I think so,” he replied with a smile.

“Well, I do,” she said. “We’ll have to get take out because I don’t have a thing there, but we can do it.”

“Okay,” he said. “That sounds good.”

Tara smiled and leaned in to kiss him again. Soon there was a knock on the door and Teddy poked his head in.

“They’re ready for you Tara,” he said.

“Thanks Teddy,” she replied.

He closed the door and she leaned in and pressed her lips to his once more. “I’ll see you when I finish,” she said.

She got up and walked out of the door giving him one more wave and Teddy walked her down the hallway toward the make-up area. After 20 minutes, Tyler and Tara were waiting to be introduced by the VJ. The group in the studio was excited and giggly. Finally, the VJ announced them and Tara and Tyler walked out onto the small stage.

The event was a success. Tyler and Tara answered a few questions about the movie and their upcoming projects. They took some questions from the audience which consisted of questions about their love lives and about their co-stars. Tara neither confirmed nor denied her relationship with Justin hoping he wouldn’t be upset about it but she confirmed her relationship with Roger was indeed over. Tyler got the same questions and did his best to answer them.

Pretty soon the show ended and they stayed around to sign some autographs and take some pictures with the fans. After that, they headed back to the green room. Hannah and Justin had been in conversation when they stepped into the room.

“Off to the next adventure,” Tyler said as he held open the door for both Hannah and Justin.

Teddy led the way down the hall as Hannah and Tyler followed and Tara and Justin brought up the rear. They reached the waiting SUV and got in taking their usual seats.

“So, what did you think?” Tara asked rubbing Justin’s hand lightly.

“It was good,” he said looking at her with a small smile. She knew he had watched it in the green room. “There were a lot of fans there,” he commented.

“Oh man, that’s nothing,” Tyler said. “Just wait and see what the autograph signing is going to be like.”

Tara sighed and leaned forward to smack the back of his head. He just chuckled and rubbed his head.

“It’s gonna be fine,” Tara said, leaning her head on Justin’s shoulder.

Justin kissed her hand lightly causing her to smile and snuggle closer to him. They were in the car another half hour before they reached the radio station. There was a small crowd waiting for them. Hannah and Justin went in first followed by Tara and Tyler with Teddy following them. Tara and Tyler signed a few autographs and took a few pictures before heading inside. They were led to a waiting room and began to talk to the producer before getting ready for the show.

-*-

The day continued on quickly. After the radio spot, they broke for lunch. They headed to a small place and grabbed a booth in the back. Much to Tara’s surprise, Markus had been there waiting for them. He was introduced to Justin and they all sat together to eat.

“So, what do you do again Justin?” Markus asked as they munched on an appetizer.

“I’m a varsity basketball coach,” Justin replied.

“I see,” he said. “Does that keep you busy?”

Tara coughed and kicked Markus under the table. Markus hissed and mouthed, “Oww,” before chuckling and giving Tara a wink.

“It keeps me pretty busy,” Justin answered not noticing Markus’ and Tara’s interaction. “Randy keeps me busy too.”

“Randy?” Markus asked.

Tara growled. Markus knew full well who Randy was.

“My son,” Justin said.

“Oh, that’s right, your son,” he replied with a sly smile.

Tara shook her head sitting back against the booth and crossed her arms over her chest. Tyler watched her carefully, and then watched Markus and Justin as they continued their conversation. Tara looked at Tyler, “Help!” she mouthed. Tyler nodded drinking a sip of his drink then spoke up.

“Markus, did you check out the baseball game last night?” Tyler asked.

That started them in a conversation about sports. Tara sighed and reached for Justin’s hand, holding it on her lap. Hannah had been messing with her phone again.

“Who are you talking too?” Tara asked.

Hannah looked up at them. “Huh?” she asked.

“Are you talking to Trace?” Tara asked with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes causing Tara to giggle.

“Oh, Justin and I are gonna have dinner at my place tonight,” Tara said.

“Are you gonna stay the night?” Hannah asked.

“Probably,” Tara said. “We’ve got to go shopping tomorrow to get Randy some stuff.”

Hannah nodded her approval.

“We don’t have anything tomorrow right?” Tara asked. “Just the flight?”

“Yup,” she replied. “Our flight is at 8 p.m., but we should be there at 6:30.”

Tara nodded. “Okay, do you think you could take Justin to the hotel to pack our stuff while we’re doin’ the autograph signing?”

“That’s fine,” Hannah said. “As long as Teddy stays with you.”

“Of course.”

They finalized their plans for the night. Hannah would take Justin to the hotel to pack then head back to the autograph signing in time to pick up Tara. Soon enough it was time to head out to the autograph singing. Tara hugged Markus goodbye with a promise of a phone call later and the rest of them got into the waiting SUV.

They reached the destination of the signing and got out and talked to the organizer of the event. Tara gave Justin a tight hug and kiss on the cheek before heading with Tyler toward the table where they would be sitting.

“Thanks for the Markus thing,” Tara said. “He can be such a jerk sometimes.”

Tyler smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, hugging her close. “Anything for you Tar,” he winked.

Tara laughed nudging his side but didn’t leave his embrace as they continued walking. Justin watched them walk away before turning to Hannah.

“I gotta make a phone call,” he said.

Hannah nodded watching him walk away.

-*-

About halfway through the signing Hannah and Justin headed back to the hotel to pack up their bags. Hannah packed too and was planning to head back to her apartment for the night. Once they had everything packed into the SUV they headed back to where the signing was being held. They didn’t have to wait long before they all headed back to the SUV. The car drove around dropping everyone off at their respective areas, Justin and Tara were first.

“Call if you head anywhere,” Teddy warned.

“Yes sir,” Tara replied with a smile. “Have fun!”

He chuckled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Hannah said.

Tara nodded. She and Justin grabbed their luggage and headed into the tall building. The door was being held open for them by the doorman.

“Hello Ricky,” Tara said. “Thank you.”

The older gentlemen smiled at her. “You’re welcoming Miss. Tara,” he said.

Tara walked in followed by Justin and they headed to the elevator.

“Don’t you have to get your mail?” Justin asked as they passed a room with small mailboxes in it.

Tara shook her head. “Lexi grabs it for me and sends it to Tennessee,” she replied.

They reached the elevators and Tara pressed the up button and waited.

“So, this is home huh?” Justin asked as he glanced around the lobby of the apartment building.

“For almost a year now,” she nodded.

The elevator arrived, and they got in heading up to the top floor. Once they reached it Tara dug into her purse and grabbed her keys. She unlocked her door and pushed it open. She walked in, immediately going to the left side putting her password in for her alarm system and turning on the light. Justin walked in and was in awe of what he saw. The place was top of the line. There were high ceilings and wooden floors.

Tara turned to him with a smile, “So, what do you think?”

He looked at her, “This place is huge.”

She laughed and dropped her purse off on the side table in the foyer. She reached for his hand.

“C’mon, I’ll show you around,” she said.

She walked him around the apartment showing him the kitchen, living room and down the hall toward the master bedroom. Once they were done Tara and Justin grabbed their bags and put them in her bedroom.

“So, what do you wanna do for dinner?” she asked.

He shrugged and went to look out her bedroom window at the city life below. Tara went behind him and hugged him close burying her face in his back. Justin smiled and rested his hands on her arms.

“Are you tired?” he asked.

“A little,” she responded. “There’s only so much high-pitched screaming a girl can take.”

He laughed. “Tyler was sure eating it up,” he replied.

She rolled her eyes. “Yeah, he’s like that.”

She sighed and headed back to the bed and sat down. “So,” she said leaning back on her arms.

Justin turned to look at her and smirked. He walked over and stood in front of her and she looked up at him.

“You talk to Randy today?” she asked.

He chuckled. “I wouldn’t mention Randy right now,” he said and leaned down to kiss her lips lightly.

Tara smiled and grabbed a hold of his shirt pulling him down on top of her.

-*-

After lying together for a while, Tara declared she was starving and needed food. She pulled a reluctant Justin out of bed and they put on their PJs before heading into the living room. Tara told him to pick out a movie while she ordered dinner. She decided on some Chinese and grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses carrying them into the living room. Justin was still looking through her DVD collection when she came in.

“Find anything?” she asked.

He looked at her, “Hmm,” he said pulling out a box. “How about this one?”

He held up a DVD for her to see. It was her first movie. Tara grimaced causing Justin to chuckle.

“What?” he asked.

“It’s not very good,” she warned.

He shrugged and popped open the case. Tara sighed and got up walking toward him. “Really?” she asked. “That’s what you wanna watch?”

He nodded with a smile. She laughed and walked over to the DVD surround-sound system and popped the DVD inside. Justin went back over to the couch and they sat down on the couch together.

They got about 20 minutes in before the Chinese food arrived and Tara got up to grab it. After tipping the guy she brought the bag into the living room setting it down on the coffee table. She headed back into the kitchen to grab some utensils.

“Babe, you’re missing this!” Justin called.

Tara laughed. “Honey, I’m in it. I’ve seen it,” she said.

She walked back into the living room with some forks and napkins and sat down next to him digging into the bag and pulling out a carton of orange chicken and sat back watching him as he watched her on the screen.

Pretty soon most of the Chinese food had been eaten and the movie had ended. Tara got up to take the DVD out and put it back in its case.

“So?” she asked with a smile.

“It was good,” he replied.

She watched him a minute. “I don’t believe you,” she said.

He chuckled. “Why not?” he asked. “I’ve never lied to you.”

She put the case back into her cabinet and made her way back over to him. She sat back down next to him, leaning close to him.

“So, where do you wanna look for Randy’s gift at?” she asked. “Have you thought about what you wanted to get him?”

Justin shrugged. “What do you think?” he asked.

“Hmm, oh!” she said with a smile. “How about some basketball gear?”

“That might be good,” he said.

“I know the perfect place to get some Jordan’s,” she said.

“He doesn’t need Jordan’s,” Justin said.

“Aww, c’mon please let me get them,” she pouted.

She started to move onto his lap, straddling his legs as her arms moved to his neck. Justin watched her, his hands moving to her legs and rubbing them lightly.

“I know he’ll love them, please,” she said moving in to kiss his neck lightly.

He sighed closing his eyes. When Tara pouted and begged she could get away with anything.

“I don’t want him to get spoiled,” he said sighing.

“You don’t spoil him all the time,” she argued. “Let me get these for him. Please?”

Justin let out a final sigh, and Tara knew she had won. She squealed and moved to face him and kissed him deeply.

“Thank you,” she mumbled. “Mmm. I love you.”

Justin tightened his hold on her, deepening the kiss and moving his hands up to her hair.

“You have no idea what it means to me to hear you say that,” he whispered looking into her brown eyes.

She looked into his blue ones noticing their darkening shade and got off his lap holding out her hand. He chuckled watching her.

“C’mon, to bed we go,” she said reaching for his hand.

“Don’t you want to clean up first?” he stood.

She shook her head no with a smile and made her way out of the living room and toward her bedroom dragging him along with her. They enjoyed their last night in New York together.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story