Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is part two. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing, glad you guy's are enjoying it. I'm going on vacation for the next week so I thought I'd add another chapter before I left. Let me know what you think! :)
Chapter 02:

Justin Timberlake woke up to the sound of obnoxiously loud cartoons blaring from the TV that was across from his king-sized bed. He tried to open his eyes, squinting as he tried to rid the sleep from and figure out where the noise was coming from.

He turned his head when he heard the familiar giggle of his 5-year-old son Randy, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, blue blanket wrapped tightly around his body, feet dangling, as he watched the TV on the opposite wall.

Justin let out a sleepy groan, moving the covers over his head. Randy turned his head when he heard his father’s sleepy groan realizing his father was waking up and turned his body to face him before crawling towards him.

“Papa,” he said with a smile as he curled up next to his father’s warm body.

Justin groaned again as he reached out for the small figuring curling against his body, and pulled him closer to his chest.

“What time is it?” Justin mumbled.

Randy lifted his head and looked at the digital clock on the night stand and then lay back down.

“Seven tirty,” he said with a smile.

Justin chuckled at his son’s pronunciation, before kissing his head.

“Got to get up,” he mumbled. “School today.”

Randy whined curling into his father’s body as Justin rubbed his back lightly.

“C’mon buddy,” he said. “I’ll make some cinnamon rolls,” he bribed.

Randy lifted his head, a bright smile appearing on his face and his bright blue eyes that matched his own looked back at him. Justin looked at him with a chuckle.

“Go get dressed and brush your teeth,” Justin replied helping him off the bed.

Randy took off out of the bedroom and down the hallway towards his bedroom. Justin got himself up and walked down the opposite hallway towards the kitchen. He took a tube of cinnamon rolls out of the fridge, cracking open the tube putting them on a sheet and sticking them into the oven. After setting the timer on the oven, and turning on the already set coffee machine he walked back down the hallway towards his bedroom.

He took off the thin white tank top he was wearing and slipped out of his pajama pants before slipping into a pair of khaki pants and a black polo shirt with the High School’s logo on the front. He walked into the bathroom to do his morning rituals of washing his face, brushing his teeth, shaving his face, and running a hand through his semi curled brown hair.

He was pulling on his socks and shoes when Randy came bouncing back into his room. He was dressed in a pair of blue jeans, and a graphic t-shirt that looked two sizes too big, his socked feet slipping on the hard wood floor.

“I’m ready!” he announced with a bright smile.

Justin looked up. “Did you brush your teeth?” he questioned.

Randy smiled big once again, showing his pearly whites and nodded his head.

Justin chuckled before standing up. “All right, to the kitchen,” he said.

Randy rushed off down the hall towards the kitchen with Justin following behind him. As Randy reached the kitchen and climbed onto the stool by the bar, the timer on the oven went off and Justin grabbed some oven mitts before opening the oven.

“Oooo smells good,” Randy said, licking his lips in anticipation.

Justin chuckled as he set the pan down on the counter. After icing the cinnamon rolls and putting one on a paper plate along with a cup of milk, Randy dug into his breakfast. Justin chuckled watching him as he sat down beside him, eating his own breakfast.

“So, don’t forget mom’s picking you up from school ok?” Justin said as he drank a cup of coffee.

Randy looked at him and nodded, as his tongue wandered his lips licking off the icing.

“Will I see you later?” Randy asked.

Justin smiled. “I don’t know, it’s your mom’s turn tonight bud,” he said.

Randy sighed as he looked down at his plate again. Justin watched him closely as he reached for his cup of milk, taking a drink. He knew it was hard on Randy to not have both his parents together.

Randy’s mother, Susan and he had been together since their school days. They had grown up together, until they decided to go their junior high dance together and the rest turned into their dating history.

After high school, they both went to their desired schools, before making their way back home to get married and start a family. Things were good for a while, but eventually things fizzled out. Justin’s desire to want to simply be a basketball coach and Susan’s desire to be a successful lawyer made them both realize, they weren’t meant to be together.

So they separated, thinking time to themselves would make them realize that they truly loved each other but in the end, it wasn’t meant to be. They divorced when Randy was three and since then had shared custody of him. Justin’s role as a father had not suffered, he was there for him whenever he was needed and would continue to be.

“You might get to see your Uncle Andy,” Justin said, trying to make the situation easier.

Randy did a half smile as took another bite of his cinnamon roll. Uncle Andy was Susan’s brother who Randy had grown extremely close to since his parents’ separation. Justin sighed before leaning over to run his hand on the top of his son’s head, ruffling his blonde hair before kissing his head softly.

Justin put the last of his cinnamon roll in his mouth before getting up and throwing his paper plate away before washing his hands in the sink. He took the last gulp of his coffee before turning to Randy once again.

“You almost done bud?” he asked. “We gotta go.”

Randy nodded as he took the last bite before getting off the stool and throwing his trash away. Justin lifted him to the sink so that he could wash his hands, before helping him dry them.

“All right, you have your bag?’ Justin asked as he set Randy on the ground.

Randy nodded before walking towards the door, where his backpack was hanging on a hook in the foyer by the closet. He slipped on his shoes as Justin followed him, grabbing his keys that were on their own hook.

Justin opened the door and Randy took off down the steps towards Justin’s old truck as Justin locked the door behind him. He watched his son as he waited patiently by the back door of the truck for Justin to unlock it.

After getting both himself and Randy situated in the car, they took off towards town, their day going off like any other, without a hitch.

-*-

Justin dropped Randy off at his school, even though it was summer both Justin and Susan agreed that Randy should still keep his schedule of going to school, which was more like a day care, over the summer.

His high school basketball team’s practice didn’t start until 10 a.m. so he killed some time by driving down to the Auto Repair shop where his best friend worked. He parked his old truck in one of the vacant spots before climbing out.

He made his way towards the small office, knocking softly on the window before entering, not waiting for an answer.

“Morning,” Justin said stepping into the office.

Trace was sitting behind his desk, writing some stuff down on a piece of paper when he looked up.

“Hey buddy, what’s goin’ on?” he questioned, but kept on writing.

“Nothin’, I just dropped Randy off at school,” Justin replied, “Had some time to kill.”

Trace chuckled. “I can’t believe you’re makin’ your boys practice over the summer,” he said as he stopped writing and leaned back in his chair.

“I’m just keeping them in shape,” Justin defended. He leaned against the wall, his arms crossing over his chest as he looked at Trace from across the room.

“You used to hate when Coach Rick did that to you when you were in school,” Trace said with a chuckle.

Justin rolled his eyes. “I know, I know,” he said.

“Did you eat yet?” Trace asked, his arms stretching up towards the ceiling.

Justin nodded. “I made cinnamon rolls for Randy this morning,” he said. “Why? You hungry?”

“I think I want some flap jacks,” Trace replied before standing up, reaching for his keys that were on his desk.

Justin chuckled as followed his friend out of the office and waited until he locked it up. They headed down the sidewalk towards the diner that was down the street. As they were walking and making small talk before Trace nudged him lightly.

“Who is that?” he questioned with a sly smile.

Justin turned to see who his friend and staring at and saw them; two females and a male jogging their way down the street, all keeping pace with each other. Justin’s eyes followed them as they made their way down the street before looking ahead.

“They’re filming at the school,” Justin replied. “I bet they’re some of the people in the movie.”

Trace smiled. “Filming at the school?” he questioned. “Why didn’t you tell me this before?”

Justin chuckled. “Please Trace, they’re all out of your league” he said.

“You never know,” Trace said with a smile. “I may be what they’re lookin for.”

They reached the diner and Justin opened the door, Trace walked in first with Justin following behind him.

“You gonna go down to Mike’s tonight?” Trace asked.

Justin shrugged. “I’ll think about it,” he said.

“Andrew’s band is gonna play,” Trace said. “It’s gonna be a good show”

Justin rolled his eyes, like he hadn’t seen Andrew play a million times before. He waved to Sherry who was part owner of the diner along with her husband Mike. They were his ex-in laws, but still considered him family.

“Morning sweetie, how are you this morning?” Sherry said as Justin went over to give her a hug.

“Just fine Sherry,” he said with a smile. “How’s business?”

“Oh it’s doing fine, it’ll be better now that we have the movie being filmed here,” Sherry said with smile. “We already had a big dinner crowd last night.”

Justin nodded before he and Trace sat down at the counter, not bothering to look at the menus before Trace ordered his pancakes and Justin some water.

“And how is that gorgeous Grandson of mine?” Sherry asked with a smile.

Justin smiled. “He’s good, I just dropped him off at his day care,” he said.

“Are you going to sign him up for basketball soon?” she questioned. “I would love to see him play.”

Justin chuckled. “I’m tryin’ to talk Susan into it,” he said with a wink. “Maybe you can convince her for me.”

She gave him a wink back. “I’ll see what I can do,” she said.

Justin laughed. They sat around and talked a little more with Sherry, while Trace ate his breakfast before it was time for Justin to get going. He gave Sherry a hug, before shaking hands with Trace and leaving the diner heading down the street towards his car.

As he made his way back towards his car, he spotted the three people making their way back down the street this time walking at a fast pace. As they neared him he bowed his head.

“Morning,” he said to them.

“Morning,” the male responded while the two females smiled in response.

He continued on his way, not realizing that both females turned and watched him walk away.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story