Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's another chapter. Thanks to everyone who is reading and reviewing, I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I do start school in another week, but hopefully my updates won't suffer because of that. Anyway, hope you're enjoying it ... let me know what you think :)
Chapter 03:

After her morning jog Tara took a quick shower before meeting Hannah and Teddy down in the lobby of the hotel. She had a cup of orange juice and a power bar for breakfast because she wasn’t that hungry.

She dressed casually in some jeans and a tank top, her hair going up in a clip and slipped on some plain white tennis shoes. She grabbed her purse stuffing the script, a magazine, her book, her IPOD and a few essentials inside before looking around the hotel room once more to make sure she didn’t leave anything behind.

She put her big sunglasses on before she walked down the hallway towards the elevator and pressed the down button when she reached it. She waited for the elevator looking up at the numbers lit up slowly.

Finally, after what seemed like forever, it lit up and the doors swung open. Hannah appeared behind the doors, looking through her purse. She looked up as the doors dinged open.

“Oh good you’re ready,” Hannah said with a smile.

Tara nodded as she stepped into the elevator but Hannah stepped out of it turning to her.

“I forgot my organizer,” Hannah explained. “Teddy’s downstairs already, I’ll be right there.”

“You want me to wait for you?” Tara asked, holding the side of the elevator to keep the doors from closing.

Hannah shook her head no. “I’ll be fine,” she said. “I’ll be real quick.”

Tara nodded and pressed the button for the lobby floor. Hannah took off down the hallway towards her room.

The elevator reached the lobby and Tara stepped off and found Teddy standing around the lobby looking at some old pictures hanging on the wall. Tara went and stood next to him, nudging his arm lightly.

“Whatcha lookin’ at?” she asked.

He shrugged. “Some history it looks like.” He said looking at an old black and white photograph of the front of the hotel.

“Hmm…” Tara said before turning to look at the elevators when she heard the ding.

Hannah made her way out of the elevator her organizer in hand. Tara touched Teddy’s arm to get his attention as they all turned and walked out of the hotel lobby. The driver from last night was waiting outside the black SUV once again; doors open and ready for them to enter.

They sat in the same seats from the night before, and the driver started the car and they made their way down the road towards the local high school.

-*-

A few hours later, the cast had all sat together and did a run through of the script with the director Jackson. He explained that they were going to be making some changes to the script but nothing major and would all be informed ahead of time of the changes.

After the run through, they were going to start calling people into the make-up trailer so that they could work on everyone’s look for the movie. So everyone was pretty much free to do whatever until they were called.

Tara caught up a little with a fellow co-star, Renee who was going to be playing her character’s best friend in the movie. She had once worked with Renee on a TV show that she did when she first started out in the industry. Renee was a short, spunky girl with dark black short hair and brown eyes and always found a way to lighten up any situation.

Before long, Renee was called into the make-up trailer so Tara found a seat and was just going to listen to some music and go over the script once more. Hannah was sitting down close by, fielding phone calls and writing things down in her organizer as Teddy keep his eye on the scene.

Tara was about to flip her script open when she felt a tap on her shoulder, and turned to look up, her eyes squinting from the sun as she looked at the figure standing next to her.

“Tyler, hey.” She said with a smile.

He smiled back. “I’m not interrupting am I?” he questioned, looking concerned.

Tara smiled back, pulling the earphones out of her ears and shutting off her IPOD. Watching as his shaggy brown hair covered his blue eyes.

“Of course not,” she said. “What’s going on?”

He shrugged, his lips turning into a crooked smile. “Nothing, I just wanted to see if you wanted to go on a walk with me, you know to kill some time.”

Tara then turned to Hannah, who was pretending not to be listening as she wrote some things down in her organizer.

“Hannah, I’m gonna go take a walk ok?” Tara said as she stood up, stuffing her things back into her bag.

Hannah looked up. “Oh yeah sure, I’ll call you when they’re ready.” She said.

Tara nodded before turning to Tyler who was holding out his arm for her to take. She smiled and wrapped her arm around his before they made their way around the school campus.

They had ventured into the school walking up and down the empty hallways.

“It’s almost like a ghost town,” Tyler said.

“Almost,” Tara said. “But it’s summer; you can’t expect anyone to be here.”

Tyler nodded. “True.” He said.

They were silent for a moment as they ventured out some double doors taking them out into the PE field of the school.

“Oh, thanks so much for the flowers by the way,” Tara said. “That was really sweet of you.”

He smirked. “You’re welcome, I’m glad you liked them.” He replied.

“So, when did you get in?” she questioned as they continued their journey around the school.

“Yesterday afternoon,” he said. “Renee and I got here together.”

She nodded.

“What about you?” He questioned.

“Last night,” she replied. “We headed to the diner for dinner, but the town looked like it was completely shut down for the night.”

Tyler laughed. “Yeah, they close pretty early around here,” he replied. “A bunch of us went down to the bar last night, you should have joined us.”

“I was so tired when I got in,” Tara explained. “I just got done filming in Europe about a week ago and had enough time to come home and re-pack before coming out here.”

“Markus, got you pretty busy huh?” Tyler questioned.

Tara nodded. “Oh you know Markus and his ‘this could all stop tomorrow’ attitude,” she explained.

Tyler laughed, this time out loud throwing his head back as he did so making Tara smile at his response.

“Sounds like something Markus would say,” Tyler agreed.

“Yeah,” Tara replied.

Their conversation continued as they walked around the PE field before making their way back inside the hallway and back to where they started. As they were walking Tyler’s cell phone went off, and he groaned as he slipped it out of his pocket looking at the screen.

“It looks like I’m up for hair and make up,” he said.

Tara smiled. “We should head back then, I’m probably right behind you,” she replied.

He nodded. They made their way back down the hallway, towards the exit and across the parking lot to the trailers. When they reached everyone Tyler bid her goodbye before taking off into the trailer as Tara went to sit back down next to Hannah.

She sat down with a sigh, a smile creeping onto her face. Hannah looked at her out of the corner of her eye and noticed the big grin on her face.

“So, how was your walk?” she questioned.

Tara smiled before turning to look at her. “Fine,” she giggled.

Hannah shook her head and smiled. “Be careful Tar,” She warned.

Tara sighed. “I know,” she said. “He’s just too cute.”

Hannah laughed.

“Did I tell you he had sunflowers put into my room?” Tara questioned.

Hannah smirked. “Really?” she questioned.

Tara nodded.

“Wow,” Hannah said.

“I know,” Tara said smiling.

Before anyone could say anything else, Tara was called into the make-up trailer. She left her stuff with Hannah before making her way inside the trailer getting ready to turn into ‘Jessica’, her character.

-*-

After spending two hours in the make-up trailer, Tara was happy to break for lunch. She walked out of the trailer with Renee chatting as they made their way to where Hannah and Teddy were sitting.

“They better have some good food here, I’m starving!” Renee said.

“Me too,” Tara said as they reached Hannah and Teddy. “You guys ready to eat?”

They both looked up at her and nodded before standing and the four of them made their way to the catering food truck.

“I remember this one time, they catered Mexican food,” Renee explained. “It was so good, but it didn’t do well with people’s digestion if you know what I mean.” She winked.

Tara made a face. “Ew,” she said with a laugh.

“Yeah,” Reene said. “Not pretty.”

Tara laughed as they waited their turn. It turns out that the local diner was going to be catering their meals for the remainder of their stay. As they waited their turn, Renee checked out the people behind the table.

“Oh look who we have here,” she whispered to Tara.

Tara looked up the line and noticed a tall, muscular brown haired mean. He had on a an apron, his dark blue collared polo fitting over his chest nicely as he jeans hung off his trim waist. His eyes were a light green as he smiled at each passing person, helping them add food onto their plates.

“Don’t get in trouble now Renee,” Tara warned.

“Me?” she questioned. “Never.”

Tara laughed. They were next and Renee immediately stuck her hand out to him.

“Hey there, I’m Renee,” she smiled brightly.

He looked at her extended hand a minute before shaking it.

“Andrew,” he said with a smile. “Nice to meet you.”

Renee smiled. “Likewise,” she said and then turned toward Tara. “This is Tara, the star of this whole thing.”

Tara rolled her eyes before putting her hand out to shake Andrews. “Nice to meet you,” She said.

He nodded as he shook her hand.

“So what would you guys like?” he questioned. “We’ve got chicken, burgers, steak.”

“You got any steak that’s medium?” Renee questioned.

Andrew nodded before picking up some tongs and putting a piece of steak on Renee’s plate.

“A girl who likes meat, nice,” he winked.

She smiled. “When you’re done serving,” she said. “C’mon sit down with us, we’ll be at those tables over there.” She pointed.

He nodded. “I’ll see if I can,” he said with a wink.

Renee smiled and continued her way down the line, putting some side dishes on her plate. Tara opted for some chicken and followed Renee down the line before grabbing a water and heading down to the set of tables that were set up for them.

“He’s cute isn’t he?” Renee questioned with a smile as she opened up her water bottle.

Tara looked back at Andrew who was cleaning up the set of tables before looking back at her food.

“Don’t get us in trouble please Renee,” Tara warned.

Renee laughed. “Oh come on, we’re gonna be here for three months,” she said. “I gotta do something with my time.”

Tara chuckled as she started to eat and listened to Renee as she talked her ear off. While they were eating, Andrew had come over like he said and sat down next to Renee.

“So, what’s this whole movie about anyway?” he questioned, looking back and forth between Renee and Tara.

Renee smiled. “Well you see, Tara here plays Jessica who is Ms. Popular,” she explained. “While me, who plays Amanda, is not.”

“But we’re best friends,” Tara reminded.

Renee laughed. “That’s right, we’re best friends.”

Tara watched as Renee shamelessly flirted with Andrew while explaining the rest of the movie to him. All three talked awhile before Tara was called back to the trailer to finish up her make up.

“I should probably get going too,” Andrew said. “Duty calls.”

“Aww,” Renee said pouting.

Andrew chuckled. “You guy’s should come down to Mikes,” he explained. “It’s this bar down the ways, my band is gonna be there tonight.”

Renee turned to look at Tara her eyebrows rising before turning back to Andrew.

“Sure,” she smiled. “Let’s meet up say around 7 o’clock?”

Andrew nodded before getting a napkin and scribbling down the address, and his cell number just in case.

“Here are the directions,” he explained. “I’ll see you down there.”

She nodded before taking the napkin and folding it. “We’ll be there,” she said.

He got up and made his way back to the catering van, and Renee watched him walk away before turning to Tara.

“This is going to be three exciting months,” she said with a wink.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story