Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is more of a transition chapter, so it's kind of short :) But more is coming soon so bare with me. Thanks to all of you who are reading and reviewing, I'm glad that you like it :) Let me know what you think :-P!
Chapter 04:

Justin had his boys practice for a good two hours before allowing them to have a water break. They were on the courts outside instead of being cooped up in the gym today and were sitting in a circle as they drank from their bottles and stretched a little.

“Have you guys seen the girls in this movie?” Brett asked, taking a drink of his Gatorade.

“Aww man, I saw two girls running this morning on Main Street,” Trevor said with a big smile.

Justin chuckled as he listened to his boys talking about the movie being made in town. They were just being the high school boys that they were. He had been with these boys since they were freshman and he coached JV. Now that they were going to start their senior year, he had been promoted to Varsity coach since the old one retired and all the boys had moved up with him.

“Yo dude, I think that’s her,” Trevor said pointing to a pair walking on the other side of the field.

“Don’t point you dumb ass,” Chad chuckled.

They all turned to look, including Justin. He remembered the girl from that morning running with the two other people on Main Street while Trace and he were walking to the diner.

“I bet they’ll let us be in the movie,” Landon suggested as he turned back to the guys.

“That would be so awesome,” Brett agreed.

The guys continued to talk and laugh about what it would be like to be in the movie. Justin watched the pair make their way around the field before walking back into the school building. Justin broke out of his day dream, clapping his hands together.

“C’mon guys, time to get back to work,” He said.

“Aww coach,” Trevor complained.

“C’mon, we only got another hour,” Justin replied.

The boys got up and continued on with their practice.

-*-

Practice finished an hour later and Justin bid the boys goodbye before gathering all the equipment and heading to his office while the boys went into the locker room to change and go home. He spent the afternoon doing some paper work before locking up the gym and heading to his truck.

He hated nights that Randy wasn’t with him; it really made him feel alone. He didn’t know how he would make it through the night sometimes. Most of the time he would lay awake in bed and look at the ceiling.

Justin reached his truck in the emptying parking lot. Most of the trailers were still there and he noticed people mingling around the parking lot. He noticed the diners catering truck parked, and his brother-in-law Andrew packing things up in the trunk.

He got into his truck and started it up, making his way towards the exit of the parking lot. Andrew noticed his truck and gave a wave to him as he passed; Justin slowed down the car to a stop by his side and rolled down his window.

“Hey buddy,” Andrew said with a smile.

“Sherry didn’t tell me you guys were catering the movie,” Justin said.

Andrew nodded. “This movie is doing wonders for our town,” he replied.

“No kidding,” Justin said.

“You going down to Mikes tonight?” Andrew asked.

Justin shrugged. “I’m thinking about it, Trace wants me to go,” he said.

“You should come,” Andrew said. “Susan has Randy doesn’t she?”

Justin nodded. “We’ll see,” he replied.

“I made friends with some of the actresses,” Andrew said with a wide smile. “I invited them to come, you should really think about it.”

Justin chuckled; even though Justin was his ex-brother-in-law, he still tried to set him up with women that he met.

“I’ll think about it,” Justin replied. “But I’ll let you get back to work.”

Andrew nodded. “I’ll see ya later,” he said.

Justin drove off, rolling his window up as he exited the parking lot and drove down the familiar road towards his house.

-*-

After Justin arrived home and did some cleaning. The house needed a good scrub down and when Randy was with him there was no time to do that. So when Randy was with his mom, that was then time for Justin could work on things.

He started out by doing some yard work, mowing the front yard, and then trimming the bushes before sweeping his patio. After doing that he went inside for some lunch, and a small break before he started cleaning the inside of house.

He did a couple of loads of laundry, and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom. He thought he had spent hours doing this, but when he glanced at the clock it was only going to be 6 o’clock. What was he going to do with the remainder of his night?

He went and sat down in his living room, propping his feet on the coffee table and looked straight ahead at the black TV screen. He could sit here and watch TV, or he could hang out with his buddies at Mikes. He closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the padded couch and sighed heavily.

Who was he kidding? He was going out.

He got up and raced down the hall towards the bathroom turning on the shower and getting ready for his night out.

An hour or so later he looked at himself in the bathroom mirror once more. He was dressed casually in nice jeans, and a checkered blue button down shirt and some white tennis shoes.

He sighed, running a hand through his semi-curly hair before turning to exit the bathroom and head out the door. He reached Mikes in about 20 minutes and noticed Trace’s car sitting in the parking lot, as well at Andrew’s.

He looked out the window before he got out; watching as couples and singles alike parked and headed into the small bar. He didn’t understand why he was so nervous, it was just Mikes, he had been there a million times before. Why did tonight feel different? Why did it feel scary?

-*-

After a few more hours at the high school, Jackson decided that everyone looked the way he had pictured and they wrapped up hair and make-up for the day. They were going to meet the next day, and start filming so they were told to make it an early night.

Renee had been ecstatic that Andrew had invited them to Mikes that night, and was talking Tara’s ear off about it as they headed to the parking lot of the school. She had in turn invited their fellow co-stars, and Tyler was all set to meet them there.

“Tonight is going to be awesome!” Renee said with a giggle as she walked with Tara toward the parking lot.

“We can’t have too much fun,” Tara warned. “You heard what Jackson said about tomorrow.”

Renee sighed and rolled her eyes. “C’mon Tar, have a little fun,” she said. “It’s gonna be fun, trust me.”

Tara sighed once again. They reached the parking lot with Hannah and Teddy following them. They had arranged to meet in the lobby of the hotel at 6:45, and then they would meet with Andrew at the bar at 7 o’clock.

“Alright, I’ll see you at 6:45,” Renee said. “Don’t be late.” She warned.

Tara nodded and waved goodbye to her before climbing into the back seat of the SUV followed by Hannah and Teddy sat in the passenger seat.

“So you’re going to a bar?” Hannah questioned.

Tara looked at her. “Yes,” she said. “You wanna come?”

Hannah shook her head. “Just be careful please,” she warned. “I do not need to hear it from Markus.”

Tara nodded. “I’ll be good, promise.” She smiled.

Hannah rolled her eyes. “I guess that means that Teddy won’t be going either?” she questioned.

Tara shrugged. “You know, I’m thinking about sending Teddy home,” she said. “I mean, I’ve been ok so far.”

Hannah watched her. “I can talk to Markus,” she offered.

Tara nodded. “Yeah, I think that’s best.” She said.

Hannah nodded as she took out her organizer and started to write something down. Tara turned from the landscape to Hannah watching her scribble something down in her organizer.

“Girl, you need to take a break,” Tara said. “I think you should come tonight.”

Hannah looked up at her and smiled, shaking her head no. “I’ll be fine at the hotel,” she said.

“Are you sure?” Tara asked. “This may be the last time we can do this before it’s strictly business for three months.”

Hannah looked at her. “I’ll think about it.” she said finally.

Tara smiled and nodded. “Good,” she said. “We’re meeting in the lobby at 6:45.”

Hannah nodded. They reached the hotel in record time, and Tara jumped out and rushed into the hotel, Hannah and Teddy right behind her. They reached the elevators and waited for it to come to the lobby, and when it did, Tara rushed inside excitingly pressing the three button on the panel.

They reached their floor and Tara bid them good-bye before rushing to her room, fumbling with her door key. She opened it finally and rushed inside closing the door quickly before going to her closet and pulling her suitcase out and opening it trying to find the perfect outfit for the evening.

After about an hour, she had showered and changed into some black pants and a white button down short sleeved shirt, and stuck on her black boots. She curled her hair and left it down so that it flowed down her back, and started to put on some make-up.

She glanced at the clock and it was 6:30, she had 15 minutes before she had to meet Renee down in the lobby. After she finished her make up, she grabbed her purse stuffing her keys inside and was about to walk out of her door when there was a knock.

She answered it, surprised to see Hannah there. Dressed in blue jeans and a red shirt her curly blond hair down and flowing around her face. Tara smiled at her.

“Wow, you look great!” Tara said with a smile.

Hannah’s cheek’s reddened. “Thanks,” she said. “I didn’t really bring anything too dressy.”

Tara smiled. “This is fine.” She said. “You ready?”

Hannah nodded. Tara walked out of her hotel room and closed the door behind her.

“Is Teddy comin’?” Tara asked as she looked down the hall.

Hannah shook her head. “I convinced him we would be okay,” she said. “But he may come later he said.”

Tara nodded. They headed down towards the elevator and waited for the elevator to be available for them. Tara watched Hannah out of the corner of her eye as she bit her lip nervously.

“Tonight should be fun,” Tara said trying to break the silence.

Hannah turned to her. “I hope so,” she said with a smile.

The elevator doors opened and they stepped inside, Hannah pressed the lobby button. The ride to the lobby was quick and when the doors opened, you could hear people laughing loudly. They stepped out of the elevator and walked towards the crowd of people. Renee was the first to notice them.

“Tar!” Renee said with a smile. “So glad you’re goin’.”

Tara smiled before she reached her. “Hannah’s gonna come with us,” she said pointing towards Hannah.

Renee nodded. “Sure the more the merrier.” She said. “Is that everyone?”

“I think so,” Tyler said as he made his way towards Renee and Tara.

He reached Tara, his arms opening for a hug. Tara hugged him back smiling. “Hey, glad you’re comin’.” She said.

He smiled. “Me too” he said.

After a few minutes, they decided to head down the road towards Mikes for a night of some country fun.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story