Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so sorry this took so long to come out. This is a longer chapter, so I hope that makes up for it :) I hope you all enjoy it and thanks for reading and reviewing. I'm glad you guy's are liking it so far. :) Let me know what you think!
Chapter 07:

The busy day continued for the cast and crew of the movie. They even started filming and of course Tara was in most of those scenes. So she had a busy day doing some scenes with Tyler while Renee got to go back to the hotel and start packing and head over to the bungalows.

Finally around 8 o’clock Jackson called it a day and everyone was able to go back to the Hotel. Tara got her stuff together and walked with Teddy to the waiting SUV. She got into the backseat taking out her cell phone and filtering through her missed calls.

She had a few calls from Markus, her mother, and sister again. She hadn’t called them since she got there because she had been so busy but she knew she’d have to make time to return some calls and she still had to talk to Markus about Teddy.

But she had to concentrate on the move right now and making sure everything was falling into place. She realized how important Hannah was right now, she did a lot for her and had to talk to Markus about doing something for her in appreciation.

They reached the hotel a few minutes later and Tara and Teddy made their way towards the entrance. They said hello to the front desk people, and then they made their way towards the elevator getting inside quickly and heading up the floors.

“Let me call Renee and see where she’s at,” Tara replied. “Go ahead and get packed and I’ll call you.”

Teddy nodded as they stepped off the elevator and walked down the hallway heading to their different rooms. Tara got into her room and sighed dropping her bags by the door and headed to the bed. She sat down on the edge and took out her phone searching through the phonebook for Renee’s number. She dialed and waited for her to answer.

“Tara! Are you done?” Renee answered giggling.

“I am,” Tara said with a sigh.

“Uh oh, you sound tired.”

“I am,” Tara chuckled. “It’s been a long day.”

“Well the faster you get moved in the faster you can sleep,” Renee replied. “The bungalows are fantastic by the way.”

“Are they?”

“I saved you one next to mine, it’s big I got you one with two rooms and a living room a so Teddy can sleep there.”

“You did?” Tara questioned. “That’s great, thanks Renee.”

“No problem.”

“So are you moved in?”

“Pretty much, Andrew came down to help so it went faster.”

“Well that was nice of him.”

Renee giggled and Tara heard a muffled conversation from Renee’s side of the line before she heard another laugh.

“Have you heard from Hannah?” Renee questioned.

“No, I’m going to call her right now and see if she’s up to moving.”

“All right, call me when you know, and I’ll have Andrew come with his truck.”

“Ok, I’ll talk to you later.”

“Ok, bye.”

Tara hung up before she dialed Hannah’s cell number and waited for her to answer.

“Hey Tara, are you back?”

“I am, did you hear about the bungalows?”

“I did.”

“Are you up to moving tonight?”

“Yeah, my headache is gone, the soup really helped.”

“All right, Renee was going to send Andrew to help.”

“Okay, I’ll come over when I’m done.”

“All right, see you in a few.”

They hung up. Tara then called Teddy and told him the same thing about the move before going into her bathroom and started to pack all of her things up.

-*-

Justin took Randy over to the Auto Repair shop to have lunch with Trace and hung out a little before they headed home. They watched some movies and played some basketball outside and before long it was getting close to dinner time.

Justin made Randy a simple dinner of grilled cheese and macaroni and after he was done Randy insisted that he get to see his Uncle Andy. Justin told Randy he would call him if he took a shower.

As Randy was showering Justin went outside to sit on the porch with his phone and gave Andrew a call. After a few rings, Andrew picked up his phone.

“Hey Justin, what’s goin’ on bro?”

“Are you busy?”

“Not really, I’m with Renee at the new bungalows.”

“Randy wants to see you,” Justin explained. “I can tell him you’re busy.”

“No, no come on over, Renee won’t mind.”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course, have you guys eaten?”

“Yeah, I just made him dinner.”

“All right, we were thinking about getting some pizzas for the girls.”

“You want me to pick ‘em up on the way down?”

“No, no. I’ll take care of it, just come over.”

“All right, the ones on First and Pine?”

“That’s it; I’ll see ya in a little bit.”

“All right, bye.”

Justin hung up and made his way back into the house as Randy came flying down the hallway, his hair a damp blonde mess and his clothes wrinkly.

“Ready!” he announced with a big smile.

Justin chuckled at his appearance. “Where did you get those clothes?” he questioned. “Under your bed?”

Randy shook his head no. “Are we going?” he questioned anxiously.

Justin nodded before turning him, and making his walk back down the hallway.

“We are, but you are not wearing those,” he said.

Randy rushed back to his room with Justin following him. Justin got out a pair of wrinkle free jeans and a T-shirt from his dresser and Randy got dressed in that. Justin went into his bedroom and took a look at his appearance in the body-length mirror before cringing and taking off his black work polo and khaki pants and changed into a pair of worn blue jeans and a white baseball tee with black sleeves.

As he was slipping on his white tennis shoes he heard Randy running down the hallway once again and knew that he was ready to go. They got into Justin’s truck once more and headed down towards the bungalows.

“I thought we were going to see Uncle Andrew?” Randy asked as he looked out of the window at the landscape passing by him.

“We are,” Justin said watching him in the rearview mirror.

“But this isn’t the way to his house,” Randy replied.

Justin smiled. “He’s helping some friends move into their new place,” Justin explained. “But he said it was okay for us to come by.”

“Oh,” Randy replied.

Justin made a turn onto First Street and drove down the dirt road towards the end where he knew the bungalows would be. He spotted Andrew and Renee sitting outside on what he assumed was Renee’s bungalow talking and laughing and he parked his truck next to Andrew’s.

By the time Justin parked Randy was already standing up in the back seat waiting for Justin to come around and open the back door. When he did, Randy flew from the truck and ran towards Andrew.

“Uncle Andy!” he shouted and ran towards him.

Andrew looked up and saw Randy running towards him and smiled as he got himself up and ready for Randy to launch himself at him. Justin chuckled as he watched him, following him making his way towards Renee and Andrew.

Randy launched into Andrew’s arms and Andrew stood up lifting him up and hugging him tightly.

“How’s my little man doing?” Andrew asked.

“Good!” Randy said hugging his neck tightly.

“Are you being good for your dad and mom?” Andrew questioned.

Randy nodded and looked over at Justin who was making his way towards them.

“Hey Justin,” Renee said with a smile as she looked up at him.

“Hey,” he replied. “How are things going?”

“Great, we’re just waiting on Tara,” Renee explained. “She’s supposed to call me when she’s ready.”

Justin nodded. “How was the rest of your day?” he questioned.

She sighed. “Tiring,” she said. “But at least I got to get out of there early.”

Before Justin could reply, Renee’s cell phone rang and she reached into her pocket and pulled it out smiling as she answered.

“Hey girl, are you ready?” she asked.

Justin turned back to Andrew who now had Randy hanging over his shoulder and Randy was beating his small fists against his back and laughing. Justin chuckled watching the two.

“So, what’s Susan doing tonight?” Andrew questioned.

Justin shrugged. “She has a conference down in Nashville,” he said.

“So Randy’s gonna be around for the rest of the week?” Andrew questioned.

“Yes!” Randy shouted with a giggle.

Justin chuckled. Renee came bouncing over with a smile after hanging up her phone.

“Tara’s ready,” she said.

“Great,” Andrew said. “I’ll head over to pick them up.”

“Actually,” Renee started. “I was hoping you could help me with something inside.”

Andrew looked at her a minute, “But I thought-“ he started.

“I need help with something,” Renee insisted. “Justin would you mind picking them up?”

Justin looked at her then at Andrew who was watching her suspiciously. Andrew shrugged before pulling Randy up over his shoulder. Randy sighed, his face all red as he giggled in Andrew’s arms.

“Yeah, I guess I could do it.” Justin said.

“Thanks!” Renee said with a smile. “We’ll watch Randy for you.”

“All right, sure,” Justin replied digging into his pockets taking out his car keys.

“They’re gonna be at the front of the hotel,” Renee called out.

Justin nodded before getting into his truck and started it up and headed down the dirt road toward the hotel.

-*-

Tara was packed and ready in 20 minutes and while she was finishing up packing her purse, there was a knock on her door. She opened it and Hannah was standing there, her bags loaded onto a cart.

“Are you ready?” Hannah asked.

Tara nodded. “I called Renee, Andrew should be on his way,” she said.

Hannah helped Tara load her bags onto the cart. Soon Teddy met with them and they headed down the elevator into the lobby. Hannah took their keys and headed to the front desk to check out while Tara waited with Teddy out front for Andrew.

As they were waiting, Tara was looking through her purse when she saw headlights heading their way and saw the familiar truck pull into the parking lot. She watched in confusion as Justin got out of his truck and was making his way towards them.

“Hey you guy’s ready?” he questioned.

“I thought Andrew was coming?” Tara asked surprised.

Justin nodded. “He was, but Renee needed his help at the bungalows,” he responded.

“We could have waited, I didn’t mean for you to come all the way out here,” Tara said.

“Its fine, Randy was visiting with Andrew so I was over there anyway,” Justin explained.

“Oh,” Tara responded.

“Are these the bags?” He asked pointing to the cart.

Tara nodded. Teddy introduced himself to Justin before helping him add the bags into the bed of his truck. Hannah came walking out of the hotel and stood next to Tara watching as the two men loaded the truck.

“I thought Andrew was coming,” Hannah said.

“Renee needed him to do something,” Tara explained. “Sounds a little fishy to me,”

Hannah giggled. “Well, you know Renee,” she said.

“Exactly,” Tara replied.

Hannah and Tara made their way toward the truck as Justin was closing the tailgate. Teddy and Hannah climbed into the backseat, while Tara sat in the passenger seat. When everyone got situated, he started it up and headed down the dirt road towards the bungalows. Everyone was silent as the landscape passed them by.

“Are you feeling better Hannah?” Justin asked watching Hannah in the rearview mirror.

Hannah looked up at him from her phone that she was going through, organizing her missed calls.

“Oh, I’m feeling much better thanks,” she replied.

“I’ve warned Trace he’s not allowed to give you anymore drinks,” Justin said.

Hannah giggled. “No bar trips for a while,” she agreed.

The rest of the drive was quiet. A few minutes later, they reached the area where the bungalows were lined up in front of the lake. Andrew was chasing Randy around the front yards of the bungalows as Renee sat laughing and watching them. Justin pulled his truck up next to Andrew’s, and everyone piled out. Renee noticed the truck pull up and got up quickly rushing towards them.

“Finally!” she squealed.

Tara laughed climbing out of the truck. “Some of us have to work,” she replied.

“Yeah, well,” Renee replied with a smile. “Hi Teddy, hi Hannah, feeling better?”

Hannah nodded. “Much,” she replied.

“Daddy!” Randy cried as he came rushing towards Justin.

Justin chuckled and held his arms out as Randy launched himself into his arms.

“Are you giving Uncle Andy a work out?” Justin asked.

Randy nodded with a smile, and then he turned towards Tara who was watching him curiously.

“Who’s that?” he questioned with a curious look.

Justin chuckled. “This is one of Renee’s friends, Tara,” he said.

He smiled. “Hi Tara,” he said with a bright smile.

Tara smiled. “Hi Randy, how are you?” she questioned.

“Fine,” he said then looked at Justin. “Daddy, I’m hungry.”

“Hungry?” Justin questioned. “We just had dinner.”

“But not dessert,” Randy replied.

Justin chuckled as Andrew came walking over, calming down from his chase.

“I’m gonna go get some pizza for everyone, why don’t you come and I’ll get you a cookie,” he suggested.

Randy’s eyes got big in excitement, “Can I?” he questioned.

Justin sighed. “Yes,” he replied. “But just one,”

Randy nodded and kissed his cheek before leaning towards Andrew. Andrew chuckled as he took him into his arms before turning towards Renee.

“You wanna come?” he asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, let’s go.” She replied.

They made their way toward Andrew’s truck. Justin and Tara watched them walk away before turning back and looked at each other. She semi-smiled before making her way toward the bed of the truck and helped Hannah and Teddy unload the bags and put them into the empty bungalow.

It took the group about 20 minutes to get everything into the empty bungalow that was equipped with a living room, a kitchen, a small bathroom, and two bedrooms. Hannah was sorting things out in her room while Teddy decided he was going to go for a walk around the area to check things out. Tara walked out of the bedroom that was going to be hers for the remainder of her stay, as Justin made his way into the bungalow with the last bag from his truck.

“Where do you want it?” He questioned holding the bag up for her to see.

Tara looked up at him surprised to see him in the room before glancing at the bag and realizing it was Hannah’s laptop bag.

“I’ll take it, its Hannah’s,” Tara explained making her way towards him.

He held the bag out for her to take, and her hand brushed his as she took the bag from him and she turned and smiled as she walked towards Hannah’s bedroom and left it by the closed door.

“I really appreciate all your help Justin,” Tara replied as she turned back toward him.

Justin ran a hand through his hair as he looked at her and smiled. “It’s not a problem,” he said.

“I really hope you don’t feel forced to be here, I know Renee can be a bit demanding,” she said watching him.

He chuckled. “It’s fine, really,” he said. “I’m glad that I can help.”

“Well, thank you,” she said.

He nodded. “You’re welcome,” he said.

They were silent for a minute both trying to think of something to say.

“You want to sit down?” she questioned, gesturing towards the small sofa.

He nodded and made his way toward the sofa. Tara followed and sat down next to him, facing him.

“So, how was the rest of your day?” He questioned.

Tara shrugged. “It was okay, we started shooting finally,” she explained.

“I don’t know how you do it,” he explained. “Having all those people watching me,” he shuddered.

Tara laughed. “You get used to it,” she explained. “Besides I couldn’t imagine doing anything else.”

“You always wanted to be an actress?” he questioned.

“I was kind of thrown into it,” she said with a smile. “My mom was a model in her younger days, and absolutely fell in love with the industry, so it was always her dream for one of her daughters to be a big time movie star.”

“You have a sister?” He questioned.

She nodded. “She’s my older sister, Lexi, she works behind the scenes;” she explained “She works on a few TV shows,”

“Are you guys close?” He questioned.

“Yeah, pretty close,” she said. “We don’t get to talk as much anymore, but we always make time for each other.”

They continued having a steady conversation about anything that came to mind and by the time Renee and Andrew came back they were talking and laughing like old friends. Renee walked into the bungalow holding a case of soda, and Andrew followed behind her with two big pizza boxes and Randy followed behind them holding a large paper bag.

“Food has arrived!” Andrew called.

They all gathered in the small kitchen setting out paper plates and cups as everyone got their food and sat around the small living room and began eating. Justin sat on the floor with Randy in his lap as he snacked on the big chocolate chip cookie that his Uncle had bought him sometimes sharing a bite or two with Justin.

They all talked and laughed enjoying each others company before Hannah mentioned that it was getting late and the girls needed to be up in the morning early. Renee went to walk Andrew to his truck and say her goodbye, while Justin went to get the now passed out Randall out of Tara’s room.

Hannah and Teddy were cleaning up the small living room area as Tara walked Justin out to his truck. She opened the back door for him and he slipped Randy into the seat buckling his seatbelt before he laid him down across the back seat. He closed the door before turning towards Tara.

“Well, I had fun,” he said with a smile.

Tara nodded. “Thanks for all the help,” she said once again.

“You’re welcome,” he said.

He was leaning against the side of the truck, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked down at her. She had her arms crossed over her chest as well, the cold air making her shiver as she looked up at him.

“You better get inside, you’re gonna get sick,” he warned.

She smiled. “I want to do something first,” she explained.

“What’s that?” he questioned.

She smiled again before uncrossing her arms and reached one hand up and holding his cheek as she leaned up on her tippy toes and kissed his lips softly. Justin held his lips to hers a minute before he realized what was happening and he moved his arms from his chest and leaned forward causing Tara to move and lean back against the truck as Justin kissed her back passionately.

Their lips moved together in a steamy dance, as Justin moved his hands to her face holding her face lightly as the steamy kiss continued. The roar of Andrew’s truck caused their kiss to break quickly and they were both panting as he looked at each other in the night.

“I should probably get him home,” Justin said after a minute of silence.

Tara nodded. “It’s pretty late,” she agreed. “I should probably get some sleep too.”

Justin nodded, dropping his hands from her face but he pulled her into a tight hug. Tara closed her eyes as she leaned against him, feeling his warmth wrap around her, his woodsy scent filling her senses. She broke the hug and looked up at him, before leaning forward to press her lips to his one final time and broke it quickly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she commented with a smile before turning back towards the bungalows.

Justin watched her walk away before breaking out of his daze and getting into his truck quickly, thinking about what had just happened. He shook his head a smile creeping on his lips before he started his truck and headed home.

Tara rushed back into the bungalow where Hannah was tying up a trash bag and watching her intently. Tara noticed her stare and bit her lip nervously.

“Where’d Renee go?” she questioned.

“She went to her bungalow,” Hannah explained. “She said she’ll see ya tomorrow.”

Tara nodded and then yawned and stretched out her arms. “Well, I’m beat, I’m going to bed,” She said and made her way towards her bedroom.

“Night,” Hannah said watching her walk away.

She saw what had happened between them outside; she just hoped Tara wasn’t setting herself up for disappointment.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story