Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know :( Sorry this chapter took sucha long time once again. School is just kicing my butt! It's already October, I can't believe it. I'm writing when I have the chance, but I don't want it to take over my schooling (which is what usually happens) so bare with me. Thanks to ALL of you who have read and reviewed I appreciate the GREAT feedback! Anyway, here is chapter 8, let me know what you think :)
Chapter 08:

Tara slept like a log because of the busy day yesterday that had taken a lot out of her. Even though she should be used to the long schedule, once she turned off her light, curled up under the covers of her bed, and closed her eyes, Justin’s face came to mind and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

She did not stir until she heard a loud knocking on her bedroom door. She groaned, burying herself more into her covers.

“Tara, time to get up,” Hannah called through the door.

Tara remained quiet, her eyes closed.

“I’m gonna come in there unless you respond,” Hannah warned.

Tara’s eyes popped open and she yawned before sitting up in her bed, glancing out the window at the rising sun over the lake.

“I’m awake,” Tara groaned out.

“45 minutes until the car arrives,” Hannah replied.

“Kay,” Tara said.

She lifted the covers from her body and climbed out of the bed. She walked over to her suitcase stretching her arms into the air getting rid of all the creaks in her bones, before looking through her suitcase for some clothes for the day. She didn’t have time to unpack the night before because they had company.

She grabbed her stuff and walked out to the bathroom that was thankfully empty and closed the door quickly. She took a quick shower and changed into some comfy jeans and a tank top. About 45 minutes later Hannah came walking into Tara’s bedroom as she was slipping on a pair of white tennis shoes.

“You ready?” she questioned.

Tara nodded as she tied her shoe quickly before standing up and grabbing her purse from the bed and sticking the sunglasses over her eyes. There was a honk outside and both girls made their way outside and toward the waiting SUV with Teddy behind them.

They climbed into the SUV and made their way toward the high school. As they drove Hannah was flipping through her organizer before she spoke up.

“Since you’re gonna be busy all day, I was thinking about stocking up the kitchen at the bungalow,” she said. “And finish getting the place set up.”

Tara looked at her. “Would you?” she questioned. “That would be so nice; I don’t know if I can keep eating out like this.”

Hannah giggled. “Of course,” she said. “Tara, I’m here to help you, that’s why I came.”

Tara nodded. “I appreciate it,” she replied.

“Of course,” Hannah said. “Let me know if there’s anything you want ok?”

Tara nodded. They reached the school a few minutes later and got out of the SUV. Tara headed right to make-up, followed by Teddy. Hannah headed back to town to run some errands.

-*-

Justin over-slept his alarm since he had been out late the night before and Randy had not woken him up like he usually did. When he did wake up it was almost 9 o’clock and he had practice at 10 o’clock like usual.

He groaned when he saw the red lights shine from his alarm clock and closed his eyes once more. He would have to take Randy to practice with him, which was fine; the boys loved him like a little brother. But he knew that Susan would be upset that Randy had missed a day of school.

Justin got himself out of bed listening for any noise in the house, there was none. He figured he had time for a quick shower before waking up Randy.

He showered quickly before changing into his usual khaki pants and black polo shirt. He walked out into the hallway and heard the sound of cartoons coming from the living room. He smiled and made his way down the hallway toward the living room. Randy was curled up on his black Lazy Boy chair, cuddled under a blanket.

“Morning buddy,” Justin said.

Randy looked up at him and smiled sleepily.

“Morning dad,” he called back. “I missed school.”

Justin chuckled. “You did,” he said. “We had a late night last night huh?”

Randy nodded. He got up and made his way toward Justin lifting his arms toward him. Justin smiled and lifted him into his arms hugging him close.

“You want to come to work with me today?” Justin asked.

Randy smiled, “Can I?” he questioned.

Justin nodded. “You gotta get dress now though cause we have to go soon,” he said.

“Okay,” he replied wiggling out of Justin’s arms.

Justin chuckled and let him down and Randy took off toward his bedroom as Justin went into the kitchen to pack lunch for them and getting some breakfast ready for Randy.

A few minutes later Randy came running into the kitchen dressed in some basketball shorts, and the school’s basketball jersey with his sneakers on. Justin helped him get on top of the stool so he could eat his breakfast; which consisted of a muffin and orange juice.

Soon after eating, they cleaned up and headed out to Justin’s truck and made their way down to the high school.

-*-

Hannah did some exploring of the town for the majority of the morning sitting in the back of the SUV, just looking around and seeing where everything was. She headed into the diner in the late morning to sit down and make a list of what she needed to get at the market.

As she was sitting in a small booth, enjoying her cup of coffee, someone came over and sat down across from her. She glanced up surprised but smiled when she realized who it was.

“Good afternoon Ms. McCoy,” Trace said with a smile.

Hannah rolled her eyes, “Mr. Alaya,” she responded.

He chuckled. “Whatcha up too?” he questioned.

“I’m just running a few errands for Tara,” she said. “What about you?”

He shrugged. “Slow day at the office,” he replied.

She chuckled.

“You feeling better?” he questioned.

She nodded. “Much,” she replied. “Although, I’m banned from the bar, just so you know.”

He chuckled. “Justin told me,” he said. “Tara was not too happy with me huh?”

She shook her head. “She’s fine now,” she replied.

“Are they filming today?” he questioned.

“They are, we moved into those bungalows last night, so I’m just getting a few things for it,” she said.

“I see,” he said. “Need any help?”

She smiled but shook her head. “I’m good thanks,” she said.

He chuckled. “What did you do last night?” he questioned.

She watched him. “We moved into those bungalows on First and Pine, the director got us a good deal,” she explained. “And then Andrew and Justin came and had dinner with us.”

“I wasn’t invited?” he questioned, hurt.

Hannah giggled. “Was not my idea,” she explained.

“I see,” Trace replied. “So if it was your idea, I would have been invited?”

Hannah watched him once again, a smile creeping on her lips before she looked down at the paper she was writing on and chuckled. He smiled watching her nervous reaction.

“So is Tara gonna be working late?” Trace questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” she replied. “Why?”

“Well, we should go get some dinner tonight if she is,” he suggested. “So you know, so you’ll have something to do.”

Hannah looked up at him, her lips going into her mouth as she gnawed on it nervously. All of a sudden someone called his name from behind the counter and he looked at the person holding up his finger to signal he’d be a minute.

“Call me?” he questioned as he stood up.

Hannah watched him as he winked at her then walked to the counter grabbing the white paper bag from the counter and pulling out his wallet to pay. After receiving his change, he looked at Hannah once more who was watching him intently and he waved once more before walking out of the diner and making his way down the street toward his Auto Repair Shop.

Hannah watched him walk away, leaning her head on her arm as she gazed out the window. She couldn’t read him, was he really interested in her? Or was he just being nice?

-*-

Tara made her way behind one of the many trailers after getting done with a scene successfully, and sighed when she saw no one had followed her. She had had no free time to herself today and was starting to go nuts.

She was still dressed in her cheerleader’s costume as she sat down on a blanket she found and sitting down in the shaded area with a bottle of water and a granola bar and put her purse in front of her. Renee was doing some scenes with Tyler right now so she had a few minutes to herself.

She closed her eyes for a minute taking in a deep breath when she felt her purse vibrate. She reached inside and took out her phone looking at the caller ID.

“Hey sis,” she replied with a smile.

“Well it’s about time you answered your damn phone,” her sister Lexi exclaimed into the phone.

Tara giggled. “I know, I’m sorry,” She explained. “It’s been crazy busy since I got here.”

“How’s it going so far?”

“It’s been tiring,” Tara said simply.

She talked to her sister for a good half an hour talking about what had been going on with her for the past couple of weeks. She hadn’t gotten to talk to her since she came back from Europe. She didn’t even get to see her before she took off for Tennessee. Lexi talked to her about what had been going on in her life, including meeting a new guy who she thought could be the one. Tara laughed at her; every guy she met had a chance at being the one.

“So, any cute boys around?” Lexi asked.

Tara sighed at her question, trying to stop the smile on her face. Before she could answer, Lexi spoke up again.

“Wait, wasn’t Tyler going to be in this movie with you?”

“Yes,” Tara replied. “He’s here.”

“Hasn’t he always had a thing for you?”

Tara rolled her eyes and laughed.

“I don’t know,” she said. “He did leave me some sun flowers in my room though,”

“Awww,”

Tara laughed again.

“There has been this one guy though,” Tara began.

“Really? Who?”

Tara went on to explain to her sister about Justin, about their first meeting, and run-ins with each other, and about the night before at the bungalows.

“You sound smitten,” Lexi commented after hearing the whole story.

“I am,” Tara admitted. “You know how I have been after Roger, having no desire what so ever to be with anyone, but he’s different.”

“Obviously,” Lexi replied. “Are you gonna see him again?”

“We haven’t set up anything, but I’m sure I will.”

“Well good luck sister, you need some romance in your life.”

Tara laughed.

“I got to go Sis,” Lexi said. “But I’ll call ya later ok?”

“All right, do me a favor and call Mom, tell her everything’s all right and I’ll call her soon.”

“I will, love you Sis.”

“Love you too, bye!”

Tara hung up the phone, checking the time before putting it back into her purse. She opened her granola bar and water enjoying the quiet time, leaning back on her arms and closing her eyes feeling the cool breeze blow past her face. She took a drink of her water bottle and noticed two figures making their way towards her.

She squinted at the figures and recognized them right away, a smile forming on her lips. She saw the short figure wave to her excitedly and she waved back with a smile, as he began to run towards her.

“Hi Tara!” Randy exclaimed with a bright smile.

“Hey Randy, how are you?” Tara asked with a smile.

“Fine,” he replied. “I came to work with my Dad today.”

“I see that,” she said. “Are you having fun?”

He nodded. Justin made his way behind him holding two small brown paper bags and a large water bottle.

“I hope we’re not bugging you,” Justin explained. “We’re just trying to find a good place to have lunch.”

Tara moved herself onto the edge of her blanket.

“There’s plenty of room, no problem.” She said.

Randy did not wait for Justin and immediately took his spot next to Tara and reached up for his brown paper bag that Justin was holding. Justin chuckled as he handed it to him and sat down next to him on the blanket, Randy stuck in between the two adults.

“You’re not eating?” Justin questioned as Randy ripped into his lunch bag, you would think he hadn’t eaten all day.

Tara held up her granola bar and water bottle.

“That’s it?” he questioned. “You’re gonna starve!”

Tara chuckled. “I’ll be okay,” she replied.

Justin shook his head and took out his turkey sandwich from his bag, splitting it into two pieces and handed her a half.

“Here,” he said.

Tara looked at him, and smiled. “It’s really okay,” she said.

“It’ll make me feel better knowing that you ate something other then a granola bar,” he insisted holding out the sandwich half to her.

Tara looked at him and sighed before reaching for the sandwich half but smiled.

“Thank you,” she said.

He nodded and took a bite of his own sandwich. Randy was busy munching on a small bag of chips and eating his own peanut butter and jelly sandwich and watching the two adults carefully.

“So how’s your practice going?” Tara asked as she watched them.

“Good,” Justin said.

“Do you practice everyday?” she asked.

Justin nodded. “During the week,” he said.

“That’s not a fun way to spend summer,” Tara said with a smile.

He chuckled. “They’ll be thanking me when we win championships,” he said.

“You seem confident about that,” Tara observed.

He chuckled and finished off his half of his sandwich. Randy was sucking down his juice box when he turned to Tara and noticed that she was dressed in a cheerleader’s outfit still.

“Are you a cheerleader?” Randy questioned curiously.

Justin started to choke on his sandwich, reaching for his water bottle as Tara looked at Randy’s curious face and smiled.

“No, Randy, I’m not a cheerleader,” Tara explained. “I’m just pretending,”

“Pretending?” Randy questioned.

“Remember when I took you to see Toy Story on Ice?” Justin asked him. “And all those people were skating around in Woody and Buzz costumes?”

Randy nodded as he looked up at Justin.

“Tara does the same thing,” Justin finished.

“You play Woody?” his eyes got big as he turned to Tara.

Tara and Justin both laughed.

“No no,” Justin chuckled. “She’s pretending to be a cheerleader, for a movie.”

“Ohhhh,” Randy said in understanding and looking into his paper bag again. “Did you pack me any cookies?”

Tara giggled as Justin rolled his eyes and opened up his paper bag taking out a small zip block bag of Oreo’s.

“Here,” he said opening it up and handing him one. “And that’s it for the cookies; you eat too much junk food.”

Randy smiled taking the cookie from him and slipping it open and started licking at the white icing on the inside of one of the cookies. Justin chuckled as he went back to finishing off his own bag of chips and water.

“So, why are you sitting here all alone?” he questioned.

Tara shrugged. “Trying to get some peace and quiet,” she said. “I’ve been filming all morning.”

“How’s that going?” he asked.

“It’s fine,” she replied. “Just busy.”

“You have to be here the rest of the day?” he questioned.

“I don’t know yet,” Tara replied. “Depends on how much we get done today.”

“Where’s Hannah?” he questioned. “She’s usually glued to your side.”

Tara chuckled. “She’s running a few errands around town for me,” she said.

“I see,” Justin replied. “Where’s Teddy?”

“Probably eating lunch,” Tara replied with a giggle. “I kind of convinced him I would be fine to eat alone.”

Their conversation continued. Justin telling her a little bit more about himself and Randy, she listened carefully trying to pick up on if there was a women in his life. She knew that she kissed him the night before and he didn’t push her away but that still didn’t mean anything. As they talked, Randy would pipe in every now and then offering laughs and giggles.

About 45 minutes later her phone started to ring, she sighed when she glanced at the number and rolled her eyes. She didn’t bother answering it.

“I should probably go,” she said and started to pack her bag up.

“Yeah, lunch break is over,” he said starting to pick up his trash. “Are we ready Randy?”

Randy turned to him with a smile and nodded. Justin chuckled as they got up cleaning the sandwich crumbs off themselves. Tara did the same, stretching her arms into the sky loosening up her muscles.

“Daddy, what are we doing tonight?” Randy questioned as he bent down to tie his shoes.

“I don’t know buddy, what do you want to do?” he questioned.

“Hmmm,” Randy replied giving it some serious thought.

Tara watched him with a smile as she started to pack up her purse and folded up the blanket.

“Tara should come over for dinner,” he said with a smile looking up at him.

Justin looked at his son, his eyes growing big before looking up at Tara.

“Randy, I’m sure Tara is plenty busy already,” Justin explained.

Randy pouted then turned to Tara. Tara looked down at him and a smile broke out on her face as she patted his head as he hugged her waist and she giggled.

“I’ll see what I can do Randy ok?” Tara said looking down at him.

He nodded with a smile then turned back to Justin with a satisfied grin. Justin looked at Tara ready to say something when she shook her head.

“I’ll call you if I can make it ok?” she questioned.

He nodded. “You really don’t have to,” Justin replied.

She shook her head. “Besides, I owe you a drink remember?” she questioned.

He chuckled shaking his head. She typed his number into her cell phone and saved it before closing it and putting it back into her purse.

“I really should go though, before Teddy comes looking for me,” she replied.

He nodded and decided to make his move. He leaned forward as Tara tried to hide the smile that was appearing on her lips and moved in to wrap her arms around him as well. He kissed her cheek lightly before hugging her tightly to him. Tara was hoping her face wasn’t turning red, as she broke the hug watching him.

“I’ll call you if I get out early ok?” she questioned.

He nodded.

“Bye Randy, I’ll see ya soon ok?” she said turning to him, who was in turn watching the two adults curiously.

He smiled and moved towards her and hugged her waist tightly once again. Tara chuckled running her hand through his short hair.

“Have fun ok?” she said as he broke the hug looking up at her.

He nodded. Justin had reached for his hand making his way away from her.

“See you later Tara,” Justin said.

“Bye!” Randy shouted.

Tara giggled and watched them walk away giggling. She sighed before adjusting her purse on her arm and grabbing the blanket and heading back toward the crew getting ready for her next scene.
Chapter End Notes:
Comments? Questions? E-mail me at Spacey1141@hotmail.com


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story