Author's Chapter Notes:
Back by popular demand!!!!

Disclaimer: I wish I owned Justin Timberlake, but I don't (more's the pity). In fact, I don't own any real people but, I do own my characters, so don't steal cause it's not nice. I'm not associated with anyone unfortunately (Maybe I'd get paid for some of this if I was..hmm..) and I don't want  to infringe on copyright. Good, now that takes care of that. Now on with the show...

-----------------------------------------------

 

Two Months Later….

           

Justin sat on the edge of his pool, absent-mindedly kicking his feet through the water, waiting for his cell to ring. Eyes heavy, he laid back and looked up the stars, amazed that they were even visible with the lights of LA below them.

             With her arms clutched around her life vest and the safety bar, Grace’s eyes were wide with terror as she, Justin, Will, and Trace sped across the clear, blue ocean off the coast of Jamaica. Justin laughed at her and Will, who had the same expression.        

     ‘Cece,’ he said,‘ it’s gonna be ok. I promise. Really, how often do you get to come out to one of the most beautiful places on earth with one of the hottest bachelors the world has to offer.’           

 ‘If you’re the best this world has to offer, I’m becoming an astronaut and going to Mars. Plus, I told you that I don’t know how to swim and fish creep me out. They just float there and look at you.’ Grace shivered and Justin barely managed to smother a laugh. ‘Anyways, I would have been just as happy to take up James’ offer to stay with him on the island. He was going to show me around the real Kingston, not just the touristy part.’          

  ‘I’m sure that’s not all he was gonna show you.’ snickered Trace from the helm.

Know what, midget, not everyone’s mind is in the gutter like yours. He seemed really nice.’           

 A stab of jealousy went through Justin as he thought of the scuba rental clerk who seemed extra helpful when Grace mentioned she didn’t want to go snorkeling.             ‘That guy could have been a deranged serial killer, you never know. And I promise, you’re going to love it. Trace, stop here, this looks good.’           

 As Trace slowed the boat, Justin took his snorkel, jumped into the water, and looked back towards the boat.          

  ‘Come on, the water’s perfect’           

 ‘I dunno, J, there could be sharks in the water.’        

    ‘Jellyfish and stingrays and sharks, oh my’ said Trace, before jumping in.           

‘Yeah, man. These waters are dangerous and some people just ain’t made for water,’ agreed Will.

            Justin turned to Grace, ‘Do you trust me?’           

 She didn’t  hesitate before saying, ‘ Yes’, surprising herself.          

  ‘Would I let anything happen to you?’   

         ‘No’           

‘Then come on’           

Grace looked at Will, who shrugged, then grabbed her snorkel and jumped in.          

  ‘That’s my girl. Now lets – ‘           

 ‘SHARK!!!!’ screamed Trace.          

  ‘WHERE? WHERE?! DON’T EAT ME!!! NOOOO!!!’ Grace shrieked, trying to climb on top of Justin, almost drowning him in the process.         

   Back on the boat, Trace burst out laughing and fell onto the deck, kicking his legs.Justin and Will began laughing as well, leaving Grace’s face burning in embarrassment.           

‘You assholes!!!’ she screamed, doggy paddling back over the boat and climbing on.          

  ‘Aw, Bunny[snort], don’t be mad[snort] I was just playing, ’said Trace, red in the face from laughing.           

 ‘Aww, I’m not mad. But Trace, you’re looking a bit warm there, lemme cool you off’          

  With that, Grace simultaneously pulled down Trace’s ridiculous Donald Duck swim trunks and pushed him in the water.­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

            Justin jumped as Trace’s ringtone, ‘Barbie Girl’ by Aqua, blasted from his phone.

            ‘Tray? Please say she’s alright.’

            Silence stretched across the line.

            ‘Fuck, FUCK! Shit! Oh God, what are we gonna do! No, this can’t be happening!  ’

            ‘Sorry J, the doctors said she sprained her ankle really bad and broke a couple toes.’

            Justin put his head in his hands. Ever since FutureSex/LoveSounds came out, life had been beyond hectic. Interviews, shows, and now, with his tour coming up in less than a month, life consisted of practice, practice, and more practice.

            ‘Justin, I know you don’t wanna hear it, but you know why this shit is happening.’

            ‘Oh shut up about ‘karma’ already. I’m so over your voodoo nonsense.’

            Ever since he’d seen Grace, bad things had been happening to him, a venue cancellation here, a studio mishap there. Mostly little things, all of which Trace blamed on the bad karma Justin had picked up from his bout with Grace. Now, with so little time left, Michelle one of his backup dancers had slipped and fallen down a flight of stairs and ended up in the hospital.

            ‘I’m just saying, man….’

            ‘Yeah, well, even I wanted to apologize, which I don’t, she’s gone yet again. I don’t even know how she does it…’ The line went silent as Justin sighed and thought back, ‘There’s one thing I’ll say about her. She could dance like no one I’ve ever seen. Remember that time she came with us to rehearsal, managed to learn the routine in like 30 minutes, then fixed shit. Man, if only I could find her…God, I’ll just have to postpone the entire North American leg of the tour, as if the album wasn’t enough…Shit. SHIT! I’m so screwed.’

            Justin paused, waiting for Trace to crack a joke or reassure him.

            ‘Trace? Hello?’

             ‘Do you think she could do it?’

            ‘What? Who? Do what?’

            ‘Bunny. Do you think she could pull it off? Learn everything in time, I mean.’

            ‘Uh, yeah probably. You know how quick she was and shit. But she’s gone, man. Haven’t you been listening?’

            ‘Well, the thing is…’

            Justin waited then looked at his phone to make sure it hadn’t dropped the call.

            ‘What dude? Spit it out.’

            ‘She didn’t exactly disappear.’

            ‘Wait, what? You told me you couldn’t find her. You lied to me?!?!’

            ‘Well, what did you expect me to do, Timberlake? Tell you where she lived so you could follow her and bitch her out again for something that happened years ago. Nah, dude. She deserves better than that.’

            Trace’s voice slowly died away as Justin slowly began to see red.

            She played me again. That BITCH! Her and Trace were in it together from the beginning. I knew it!! I fucking KNEW IT! They’ve probably been laughing at me all along. Every time I had to take fucking pills just to sleep. Every time I called that stupid fucking catering company. Every time I looked at those stupid photo albums. They were laughing. LAUGHING!! She’s probably been sleeping with him all along…

            ‘J? Man you there? Look I’ll be there in an hour. We can talk – ‘

            Justin hurled the phone at the side of the house, taking little comfort in watching the pieces fly everywhere, and stalked towards his bar and the bottle of Jack Daniels waiting there.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story