Mismatched by joone


Number of reviews: 3
Print: Printer

- Text Size +


“JC!” He heard his name called, knowing immediately who it was. Turning, he found himself completely engulfed in a hug by a blur of red. He almost lost his balance.

JC blinked and shook his head for good measure after he was released. “Chris!” He laughed gleefully.

“JC! Man!” Chris said excitedly, hugging one of his best friends, his brother, once more. They hadn't seen each other since Joey's wedding.

“Chris, long time, brother.” He whispered, patting Chris' back.

“I know.” The older NSYNC member agreed.

“You should come down to the west side sometime,” JC said after Chris finally released him.

“Yeah, and you shouldn't be a stranger to O-town. You act like you don't have a ginourmous house by the lake,” Chris rolled his eyes. “I mean God, you wait for an event like the VMAs as if you needed an invite or something.

JC laughed lightly, realizing how much he missed his older friend and his theatrics. “So, how's it going?”

“It's going,” Chris nodded, swaying on his heels. “How's your album doing?”

“Almost there, I think. A bit more tweaking and stuff.”

Chris nodded again. “Don't forget to send me a demo, okay?”

“You'll be one of the first,” JC assured him.

“So, dating anyone hot, lately?” Chris gave his trademarked naughty, Cheshire cat grin, giving himself a segue to tease his friend about his recently ended relationship with a famous television actress.

“Shut up Chris,” he warned but was met by a hearty laugh. “I don't think it's your place to laugh, man, because judging by the way you're dressed, I'm definitely sure you ain't getting any action.”

“What are you talking about?” Chris asked innocently, looking down at his clothes.

“Chris did you even look at yourself in the mirror before you left your hotel room?”

Chris' eyebrows furrowed. “Yeah. Why?”

“Black bandana, red striped shirt and brown plaid short. Hello! Pattern overload. Only a single guy gets away with that. No girlfriend would ever let her boyfriend show his face in public looking like that. The customary “ 'you're not wearing that are you?' would have been asked the moment she set her eyes on what you're wearing."

Chris rolled his eyes, shaking his head. “God, you and your metro sexualness!”

“At least I match,” JC smirked.

“I never said a word when you wore that road kill around your neck a few VMAs ago or when you wore those red sequined pants during Strings, or the white tulips pants for Celebrity."

“But I still matched.” JC threw his friend a wry smile. “Besides, there's a big difference, gramps. I was told to wear all those outfits by wardrobe. I didn't wear them on my own volition.”

“Oh, fuck you Chasez!” Chris scowled making JC laugh.

“All I'm saying is your state of mismatch is a serious cry for help. You need a woman, brother!”

Rolling his eyes, he scowled. “Tell me again why I was so excited to see you?”

“Because you miss me?”

Chris shook his head dramatically. “Guess, I'm damned because I do. But just stay our of my love life will you?” He asked as he draped his arm around his younger friend's shoulders.

“You started it,” JC reminded Chris.

“Yeah and I'm paying for it with your 'what-not-to-wear' and 'I-need-a-woman' babble.”

“Hey if the shoe fits,” JC shrugged teasingly.

“Fuck you Mr. Manicure and Pedicure man.”




“Hey Chris, look who I found?” JC called his older friend's attention a few minutes later.

Chris turned and was surprised to find Kathleen Phillips. His brain shrieked “Oh my god!” in surprise. He hadn't seen her since…since they broke up. Although, technically, they were never really together because the relationship came to a halt before it really even began.

It was one of those spring flings, the only thing, he often claimed, he could afford.

They met during *NSYNC's stay in New York while they were working on Strings. She worked for MTV and during one of the million and ten networking parties the group attended, they crossed path. There was instant attraction and they never left each other sides that night. Phone calls, coffee breaks, a walk in the park, and dinner for two eventually followed. Nonsense, frivolous conversations soon turned to serious talks and eventually… sex. Good sex. Goddamit, great sex.

And then it was time to go.

Back to Orlando or to where ever it was that *NSYNC was scheduled to be.

Back to reality, which meant she lived and worked in New York and couldn't really be where Chris was.

So it ended.

No strings attached, just like the song.

“Hey, Chris.” She smiled.

“Kate,” he smiled back.

“Long time, huh? How's it going?” She blinked a few times, letting her vision settle on Chris' busy outfit. She remembered the first time they met, his get up was as chaotic as this, only then a beddazler was involved.

“It's going,” he nodded uncomfortably.

“JC said you guys are on hiatus.”

Chris turned to his friend with furrowed eyebrows. “Are we still calling it that?”

JC laughed, excusing himself to join John Mayer and Kanye West.

“So, last I heard you were in Europe?” Chris

“Five years with MTV UK.” She nodded; biting her lower lip wondering where the fuzzy feelings she was suddenly experiencing came from.

“We were in London twice, I think, for No Strings and Celebrity.”

“I know. It was crazy during Strings, I couldn't really get near you guys. Then I was out on assignment the few days you were there for Celebrity. Although I got the chance to see Justin during his tour and JC and I hung out when he opened for Britney.”

“Cool,” he nodded, biting his lower lip wondering where the fuzzy feeling he was suddenly experiencing came from. “So are you covering this shindig for MTV UK?”

This time she shook her head. “Actually no. I did my time with UK. You can say that I've moved up in the world, I was promoted and Viacom assigned me to Nickelodeon. I just moved to Orlando about two months ago.”

“Orlando, Florida?”

“Well, is there any other Orlando in the States?” She chuckled.

Chris responded with a blush, feeling a bit stupid.


“Yes, Florida, Chris. My office is over at Universal.”

“Cool,” was the only word he could come up with and again he felt rather stupid.

“I know.”

“So, uhm, want to get something to drink?”

“Would love too.”




“This is Chris. You know the drill.”

“Chris, it's JC. I'm in Orlando for a few days and Tyler insisted on a barbeque tonight. So we're grilling some streaks, chilling some wine. Come around seven. Joe and and Kel are in. Johnny and just about everyone at WEG are coming too. Bring the Voltron crew if you can, haven't seen them in a while. So, seven, no need to bring any chow, we're cool. Later.”




“JC!”

“Hey, Chris,” JC's eyes smiled along with his lips when he saw his older friend, pulling him into a tight embrace. “Glad you could make it.”

“Wouldn't miss it,” he grinned, slapping JC's back. “So, is Joe here already?” He asked after JC released him.

“You know Joe, always fashionably late,” JC laughed. He then noticed what Chris was wearing: khaki cargos and a black Ralph Lauren collared shirt. “Hey, speaking of fashion you …”

“Hey, JC,” a feminine voice interrupted what he was saying.

“Kate,” he was obviously surprised. He gave her a quick kiss on the cheeks before he turned to Chris questioningly.

Chris smiled coyly. “We've been dating for a while now,” he confirmed.

They had kept in touch after Miami and similar to what had happened a few years back, there were phone calls, coffee breaks, a walk in the park (only this time there were roller coasters, a TV studio and a few costumed characters involved), dinner for two that followed.

Again, nonsense and frivolous conversations soon turned to serious talks. There weren't any geographical or career issues between them anymore so they decided to give it another shot. And so far … it had been good.

“That's great you guys!” JC said earnestly.

“Thanks,” the pair said almost in chorus and that's when JC noticed his friends entwined hands.

“Kate!” She turned to find the newly arrived Kelly waving, motioning for her to come over.

“If you'll excuse me,” she smiled. “Nice house, JC.”

JC watch as it took a few moments before Chris was able to release her hands. “Thanks.”

“What?” Chris asked, his eyes narrowing on his friend.

“What, what?” JC laughed.

“You have that stupid look,” Chris pointed.

Another chuckle came from JC finding it all too amusing. “So that's why you match.”

“Huh?”

“I was just going to say earlier, before she came. You're wearing normal clothes, Chris. Your outfit isn't mismatched.”

“Oh, fuck you, Chasez.” Chris rolled his eyes.

“I told you so.”

“Told me what?”

“All you needed was a woman.”

“Shut up.”

“Don't worry Chris. I think it's a perfect match.”



/end



© 2005 joone




© 2004 - 2009 NSync Fiction Archive
This site is not affiliated with NSync, Jive, WEG ... etc. No stories on the site represent any actual events. Webmasters and authors do not know NSync or any other celebrities mentioned. Any fictional characters are copyrighted to that author. Plagiarism is bad!!
Brought to you by NSyncFiction.net.

Submission Rules | Contact Us

  RSS Feed  


Powered by eFiction v.2.0.7 baby! | skin coded by Jacynthe and designed by Vikki